• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rekanzie and Afro Chris' Outdoor Adventure Extravaganza Biweeklies..Rekanize /4/12/09

Afro_Chris

Smash Ace
The 2nd tourny will be coming soon thx to all those that came to the 1st one
ok so anyways i'm gona host some smashfests cuz i just found out i have all this room in my house XD and if those smashfests go ok then these tournies will start up....and prob durning summer break these will become weekies....MAYBE

The first few biweeklies will be free, due to the fact that i run a games club at my school and new ppl r less likely to join if they no their gona lose their $, also to get everyone whos to cheap to enter tournies to enter them, :D

oh if ppl want we can blast music till like 10pm.....no wat **** next door untill u guys leave :D

(so anyways i'm just rob grmo's rules right here :D)

READ THIS POST YOU NON AFRO PPL

Post if you are going to come. I want to know what I'm looking at in terms of numbers. If you're not on the list and want to be, please check back to see if you posted a maybe and confirm yourself as a "yes" or "no".

This is a Melee tournament. Therefore, it is strongly advised to NOT come to this if you are only interested in playing Brawl. (josh, brawl plus would be cool wit me if u bring it :D)

Their will also be a set up for any extra systems or games if ppl wana bring it

Time:

starts at 11:00am ends at 10:00pm-11:00pm

First off, about food: theres a mall 2min walk away it has: taco bell, Mc donalds, Mr sub, tim hortons, price copper(theres some intense azn food place inside) , pizza pizza, and a bunch of other stuff

Who: Afro_Chris
Where:
the black lines shows short cuts for u guys who get off at stops, from finch and warden to my place is like a 5min walk so dont wait for the bus cuz it comes once every 30mins.. unless u c it coming, w.e use common sense, oh if the line is bent its cuz theres buildings there that u have to go around or threw

When: April 8th, 2009
Why: because i can...

Entry fee:
Singles: $10
Doubles: $5 per person x 2 = $10 per team.

House Rules:

1) Try not to make a mess, aka. leaving pop cans and condoms everywhere.

2) I can't have more than 20 people most of the time, (unless the weather is good then my parents said i can bring set ups outside :D)

3) Don't be a douche. Any form of being a jerk in general, such as discrimination or any effort in any way to make someone else feel miserable out-of-game (thought I should specify that) will result in a ban from my house.

4) No Johns.

5) Bring your own controller.

6)Dont break anything

Game rules: I'm going over things that I think people need to pay more attention to.

1) No ****ing johns. Items are off, life stealing is allowed, blah...you know this already.

2) Time limit is 7 minutes.

4) All sets are best of 3, except winners, losers, and grand finals which are best of 5.

5) Double blind picking is encouraged, so avoid stupid situations like this:

Alright, here's the story. I was facing one person at Starfurry 3, and I already had Sheik in mind, and he had Marth in mind. However, he got to his character first and accused me of counterpicking. He then went Sheik and it was really ********.

6) Each player may ban only one stage. You must announce your counterpick stage before you change your character, to give your opponent a chance to change theirs. You may then switch characters, and your opponent is forbidden from doing so after you do. Attempt to do so, if spotted by me, results in a loss of stock on that match. (I initially wrote loss of stick. Isn't my keyboard amazing?)

7) Any form of stalling will get you anally ***** by a hot amazing giant ****ing gorilla. I'm not kidding, so don't try to test me on that. NO STALLING YOU SLIMY *****ES. No glitches either, or you're banned from the washroom.

8) Dave's Stupid Rule is implemented: You can use stages you've lost on as counterpick but not stages you've won on, because that would be like cockslapping your opponent with a canoe.

9) Pausing excessively or using it to break chain throws or what should have otherwise killed you forfeits your stock or, in the case of the former, disqualifications.

You guys know this crap, so I better not see it happening. Ever. Remember the chilli from Starfurry 3? THAT WILL BE YOU

Rules list:

Neutral stages: For both 1v1 and 2v2

Final location
Battlelfield
Yoshi's
FoD (banned in teams)
Pokemon Stadium
Dreamland 64

Counterpick stages:

Kongo 64
Poke Floats
Rainbow Cruise
Corneria
Mute City (banned in teams)
Jungle Japes
Brinstar

Everything else is banned, except for perhaps Mushroom Kingdom II in Teams

Directions:

google maps :D

or msg me and i'll tell u cuz theres a lil dragon quest u gotta go on to get to my house :D

Setups:

Afro Chris - (2-4 tvs) 1 recording equ

If anyone else can bring another TV or two and more cubes, it would be great.

TVs: 3-5
Consoles: 4-6
Melee: 5
Brawl plus: none
Recording: 1

People coming:
1. Afro_Chris
2. Rekanize
3. Sanniboi

This is about it. I'll update things as they go along. The date is tentative for now and is likely to change, but once it happens, I'll try to make it as consistent as possible. Let's do this ****, Toronto

oh new rule if less than 10 ppl come i'll prob have food for everyone but if theres more then forget that

Sanu

Smash Champion
YESSS!! I LOVE YOU CHRIS!

We'll have to think of a better name though ^_^

sanniboi

Smash Rookie
i might come...since im there anyway usually
stos....we got your confession recorded. :D

Omniscius

Smash Cadet
Sounds great if the timing works for me. I can bring a recording setup or wii/game but not both, so let me know which you'd prefer. Count me in!

Sanu

Smash Champion
LOL! Call it the Fistful of *******s Biweekly <<< That's my and Imadh's team name LMAO. Seriously, it sounds awesome though, doesn't it?

And I'll bring a full setup, Melee/Brawl+ ;)

idea

Smash Master
rekanize is going to these??????????

i'll go, whatever day it is =P next weekend is grmo's biweekly, i think niko's tournament is the one after that...

idea

Smash Master
alright, i'm already on the list, but now i'm on it even harder.

i hear you have limited space, though. are you sure everyone will fit?

oh, and i'm bringing a wii + both games

Sanu

Smash Champion
Actually, I might be doing something that day with my one and only. I'll let you know.

FYI: Saturday would probably be a better day for people... but I'm sure you realized that and got shut down by your parents already XD

idea

Smash Master
is this for sure on sunday? i'd prefer saturday if possible. my family actually celebrates easter dinner so i'd like to have sunday free to go to my grandma's house for that. but if not, my parents said they would understand if i'm busy <_<

Afro_Chris

Smash Ace
na sry, but my parents said i can only have sunday, cuz family is busy on saturday, and monday :p

yea ryn bring a cube mine takes like 10mins before it starts working cuz the reader is f*cked up, and dre said he prob will come but he has SF4 tourny friday/saturday, but he'll prob beable to make it he said

Summonedfist

Smash Lord
Would it be all right if we showed up for this to hang out/friendlies/etc cuz we'd be late for the tourney?
I'll be in scarborough to visit family, but my parents drop me off at pmall cuz i prefer it that way lol, and i heard it was close to this. I'd be there at about 3 which would be too late to enter the tourney...

It's really rare for me to be able to travel like this and it just so happens i'll be around the neighbourhood. I just wanted to make sure it'd be all right.

Top Bottom