• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Recovery Tier List

ChozenOne

Smash Champion
You lose height with each bomb jump. I have no idea what you're talking about in reguards to link.. bomb jumping maybe.. but you can only do that once soo...

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
However isnt this list about the full recovery of a character? M2 can recover from anywhere, while jiggs has some issues with vertical.
We are also taking into account edgeguarding. If we werent, Luigi would be higher, because if you hit a recovering Luigi, he'd b screwed.

Also, why is GW so high? His recovery blows.
I think M4F explainedthis. I think he saidsomething about it being the second highest Up+B and being hard to edgegaurd.

B-Will

BRoomer
BRoomer
How Dare You...

Don't hate son..

Jiggs for God Tier..

*pound*

Yeah...while razed can't do anything about your spam, I can. So take it easy tourney director lol.

Anyways, the list looks pretty good. There will always be debatable ranks but there really isn't anything that is too far off. I'll post suggestions later if there are any.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
little question....

with samus, does rising grapple to screw attack give you much more distance than normal grapple?

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
hmm.....ChozenOne got banned....

*hits you with a thunder jacket in your pound lag with my invul frames and KO's you*

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
Rofl
This is funny
Probably a temp ban

Doesn't Jiggs have better vertical distance than Mewtwo in total?

Xx GuNz xX

Smash Journeyman
Rofl
This is funny
Probably a temp ban

Doesn't Jiggs have better vertical distance than Mewtwo in total?
I used AR to test and capture all of that. It was done starting from the frame immediately before the blast line. You can not only just grab the ledge, but you can even go over it and land ontop of the stage. Don't use your inability to do Jiggs' recovery effectively to assert what I did or didn't do... mang. =P
:monkey:

Also, here it is again for those who wish to see it in this thread too:
That should answer you're question... Maybe. Look at the picture.

Edit: I think on the 4th or 5th page he actually explains it. I'm too lazy to find it.

Edit 2:
Yeah...while razed can't do anything about your spam, I can. So take it easy tourney director lol.
Lol... Razed? You got the wrong tier list. :p

marthsword

Smash Ace
This can't be right. How is bowser lower than DK?

1. Bowser has slower falling speed, one of the slowest. DK is tied for 4th.

2. I'm pretty sure Bowser's up b has more vertical distance

3. If it counts for anything, bowser's up b has invincibility frames.

4. Bowser can sweetspot the edge with down b, that makes a HUGE distance IMO.

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
Well, I was saying to Cape the reasons why Jiggs has better recovery than Mewtwo. I know that she is higher.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
why is bowser below dk, because they have about the same jump height but DK's up b is a better horizontal recovery move than bowser's, it's also probably teh hardest up b to edgegaurd in the game, honostly, pretty much nothing but certain projectiles go through this move unless you hit above him which in playing a good DK, usually wouldn't be the safest thing to do anyways

mood4food77

Smash Hero
honostly, i've really don't see DK get spiked that often, and he can survive longer than samus and ganon can since his up b has insane priority, only like, disjointed stuff goes through it

petre

Smash Lord
closest to Sterling Heights, MI on your wii foreca
all right, i decided to do a bit of research, because i still think pikachu should be higher than pichu.

1) pikachu's up+b DOES go farther than pichu's. its just a little bit, but every bit helps. pika wins.

2) both of the rats' side+b go the exact same distance without charging. and when you are actually using this move for recovery, you dont have the time to charge it, because you want to lose as little height as possible. so differences from time charged dont really apply. nobody wins.

3) somone said pichu has an advantage with his up+b because he can go in 16 different directions. well, guess what, so can pikachu. the only thing is that pikachu cant go in two directions that are within one angle interval (if that makes sense)...for example, if you go up with the first dash, you cant go either up, or within a 22.5 degree angle of up to either side. pichu can, but i think the extra length of pikachus up+b makes up for this setback. pichu slightly wins.

4) when you up+b into the ground or a platform, both chu's have the exact same lag time, both for hitting the land in the middle of a dash and for stopping just above ground level. nobody wins.

5) pika's up+b has both significantly less starting lag time and actual dash time, which makes it harder for your enemy to prevent your recovery. pika wins.

6) i know about the wall hugging pichu can do, however i have yet to find a spot pichu can recover from that pikachu cant because of this. if you find a spot that pikachu cant recover from, lemme know. pichu slightly wins.

7) in case youre wondering, both chus have the same jump and double jump height, and the same fall speed. so nobody wins there.

if you dont believe any of the above statements, i have pics, if you want ill show you them. anyway, i still think pikachu has a better shot at surviving being shot off the platform...if anyone has any other reasons against pikachu, say so, otheriwse i demand you put pikachu above pichu.
i cant shake the feeling theres something huge that makes pichu so much better than pikachu and im missing it cause im a complete noob, but oh well.

and yes, i realize how pointless all this was, i just had nothing better to do at the moment.

Xx GuNz xX

Smash Journeyman
all right, i decided to do a bit of research, because i still think pikachu should be higher than pichu.

1) pikachu's up+b DOES go farther than pichu's. its just a little bit, but every bit helps. pika wins.

2) both of the rats' side+b go the exact same distance without charging. and when you are actually using this move for recovery, you dont have the time to charge it, because you want to lose as little height as possible. so differences from time charged dont really apply. nobody wins.

3) somone said pichu has an advantage with his up+b because he can go in 16 different directions. well, guess what, so can pikachu. the only thing is that pikachu cant go in two directions that are within one angle interval (if that makes sense)...for example, if you go up with the first dash, you cant go either up, or within a 22.5 degree angle of up to either side. pichu can, but i think the extra length of pikachus up+b makes up for this setback. pichu slightly wins.

4) when you up+b into the ground or a platform, both chu's have the exact same lag time, both for hitting the land in the middle of a dash and for stopping just above ground level. nobody wins.

5) pika's up+b has both significantly less starting lag time and actual dash time, which makes it harder for your enemy to prevent your recovery. pika wins.

6) i know about the wall hugging pichu can do, however i have yet to find a spot pichu can recover from that pikachu cant because of this. if you find a spot that pikachu cant recover from, lemme know. pichu slightly wins.

7) in case youre wondering, both chus have the same jump and double jump height, and the same fall speed. so nobody wins there.

if you dont believe any of the above statements, i have pics, if you want ill show you them. anyway, i still think pikachu has a better shot at surviving being shot off the platform...if anyone has any other reasons against pikachu, say so, otheriwse i demand you put pikachu above pichu.
i cant shake the feeling theres something huge that makes pichu so much better than pikachu and im missing it cause im a complete noob, but oh well.

and yes, i realize how pointless all this was, i just had nothing better to do at the moment.
I feel you're somewhat biased. Everytime Pichu wins you say he "slighty" wins, lol.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
also, the fact that pichu can charge his forward b longer, making his distance surpass pika's max also helps (that's only if he's sent high enough), but hey, it's another advantage

i'll update this soon, b-will, can you send me the arrow pics again...i kinda deleted them on one of my edits

Z-N_Freak

Smash Ace
You shouldn't use Side B to recover in the first place, so that doesn't really count...
And if you do it, as petre already said, you will not charge it. I can't think of a pichu in a real match charging his side B to the fullest to recover...

mood4food77

Smash Hero
i did say, if he was high enough, he could charge it to make it go longer than pika's max distance with it, so if needed, it can be used, but it's not really the smartest thing to do

B-Will

BRoomer
BRoomer
Down Arrow:

Up Arrow:

And :( for Chozen getting banned by another mod...I didn't even get to do it!

EDIT: Also, whenever you all get a chance, I would greatly appreciate any comments about my 1v1 vids located in my sig. That would be awesome!

mood4food77

Smash Hero
thanks

i saw your vids, falco was pretty darn good, it looked like mine (which is pretty odd)

mood4food77

Smash Hero
it's really close from anyone below mario, they're practically tied at taht point, they all suck at recovering

ChozenOne

Smash Champion
Down Arrow:

Up Arrow:

And :( for Chozen getting banned by another mod...I didn't even get to do it!

EDIT: Also, whenever you all get a chance, I would greatly appreciate any comments about my 1v1 vids located in my sig. That would be awesome!
Wow.. i didn't realize there was a contest...

Wobbling is Gay. In fact.. your videos inspired this topic --v

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=90348

ps. please don't warn me. Chozen <3 Mods.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
it must be really fun to ban other people.

WOAH, if he's banned....but.....but, but....hmm......

Monk/Honkey/Banana

Smash Champion
I still all for dividing this up into different recoveries (vertical, horizontal, below stage and above stage) and then using the stats from all those we decide who goes where and what not

Also I think Mario should at least be bottom tier but eh

mood4food77

Smash Hero
it's overall recovery, so that's what is taken into account

why do you think mario should be above bottom tier, he has crap recovery, he barely makes it back from no matter how far he is hit out

Seanson

Smash Ace
I think sheik should be higher. The invincibiliy really helps. DK is big and a target, vulnerable from the top. Does sheiks invincibility beat out DKs horizontal distance? Sheik is much less easily punished.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
but DK can recover from farther away

and DK's recovery is not easily punished, only a few moves can go through it, ganon's dair can't even go through DK's up b, sheik's is just as easily punished (but it goes about 1/4 the distance)

also DK's survives much longer than sheik and has less lag landing from the attack

mood4food77

Smash Hero
why not, because DK is heavier than sheik

but also look at the fact that DK can survive longer than bowser, and who's heavier?

Magus420

Smash Master
It's not very hard to hit DK out of his up-b during the 2nd half of the move, even from the side. He's also just as vulnerable from underneath as he is from above, and isn't too tough to hit even during the 1st half from underneath or above. During the 1st half though, you often need a significantly detached hitbox to hit him from the side, as the hitboxes on the up-b cover more area then and he also has invincibility on his arms.

DK's faster falling speed more than makes up the little extra weight Bowser has btw.

Weight really has little to do with the moves that get a character back to the stage though.

Top Bottom