• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Recovery Tier List

Ornj

Smash Journeyman
how come ganon is so high? plz explain
also why is mewtwo higher than samus

T-Rex

Smash Apprentice
how come ganon is so high? plz explain
also why is mewtwo higher than samus
Ganon unlike C.Falcon, his Down+B does not go a rediculous amount down before you get your second jump back (Yes incase you did not know after a Down+B Captain Falcon and Ganon get another second jump) as well as there Up+B, the Down+B can be used sometimes 2 times for horizontal recovery. Try it sometime you'd be suprised how well Ganon compared to C.Falcon can recover.

God Tier-
Jigglypuff

You will all come to my side soon.
I was just thinking about this, Jigglypuff with all her jumps and rising pounds and an awsome Air-dodge, I don't think there is a single spot where Jigglypuff cannot recover if performed correctly

Ornj

Smash Journeyman
I was just thinking about this, Jigglypuff with all her jumps and rising pounds and an awsome Air-dodge, I don't think there is a single spot where Jigglypuff cannot recover if performed correctly
agreed:chuckle:

MaskedMarth

Smash Ace
The point is, in any reasonable setting, Jigglypuff will always make it back. Jigglypuff can also get back from a lot of unreasonable scenarios, being able to cross under the entire stage of Corneria and still survive, but in battle she'll never have trouble recovering.

petre

Smash Lord
closest to Sterling Heights, MI on your wii foreca
hey...why is pichu higher than pikachu? pika's up+b goes farther, and is alot faster too, and is harder to predict...the only advantage pichu has is his side+b can go farther, but to get enough charge for it to be useful, you have to be sent pretty far upwards...and at that height you shouldnt have a problem getting back far onto the stage with the up+b alone...

Ensee

Smash Ace
hey...why is pichu higher than pikachu? pika's up+b goes farther, and is alot faster too, and is harder to predict...the only advantage pichu has is his side+b can go farther, but to get enough charge for it to be useful, you have to be sent pretty far upwards...and at that height you shouldnt have a problem getting back far onto the stage with the up+b alone...
Lol noob. Anyway...

Yes, God Tier -
Jigglypuff

Ares726

Smash Ace
I think Sheik should move up some. Her recovery is easy to sweetspot, the fair helps the second jump a little bit, it has some good invulnerability frames, and you can get a double explosion if you land on the edge of the stage. I'd move Kirby down, Mr. Game & Watch up, Bowser up (maybe), and Zelda down. Those are just my thoughts. You might want to add Popo as a solo climber in addition to Ice Climbers plural.

Pose

Smash Apprentice
i wouldnt think mario to be that low..but hey.. i guess since he's so predictable

Pose

Smash Apprentice
yeah..i didnt i was talking about mario..but yeah i agree... jiggs should be god tier

pdk

Smash Lord
jiggs can't recover from the very bottom of FoD with all her jumps, rising pound, and airdodge

not saying that she doesn't deserve god tier or anything :p
protip: rising pound first so the stage doesn't block your jumps

MaskedMarth

Smash Ace
Magus' graph from the last topic shows that Jigglypuff makes it well above the ledge on Fountain of Dreams.

I just watched King's part of Evolution. Goodness, the edge-guarder looks as much in trouble as the off-stage Jiggly. If you get hit by Pound and are at medium damage, you get knocked off-stage yourself, and are then vulnerable to Jiggly's own edge-guarding antics.

I would just let Jigglypuff get back on >_>

fluffy

Smash Champion
i dont think that jiggs deserve that #1 spot. (yea im going to get flamed now)

are we taking into consideration that some characters like jiggs just get sent blown away from the screen most of the time so that they rarely have a chance to recover at all?

now samus. theres a character that has all the essential needs to recover. bomb jumping, grapple, tech, up b.

arrowhead

Smash Ace
this is a RECOVERY tier list, not a survivability list.

maskedmarth- mangus didn't measure from the very bottom of FoD. you try it. you'll find it doesn't work

fluffy

Smash Champion
theyre basically the same thing. you want to survive and in order to do that, you need to recover.

or maybe i should make a survivability list. =P

pdk

Smash Lord
are we taking into consideration that some characters like jiggs just get sent blown away from the screen most of the time so that they rarely have a chance to recover at all?
why would we?

Magus420

Smash Master
maskedmarth- mangus didn't measure from the very bottom of FoD. you try it. you'll find it doesn't work
I used AR to test and capture all of that. It was done starting from the frame immediately before the blast line. You can not only just grab the ledge, but you can even go over it and land ontop of the stage. Don't use your inability to do Jiggs' recovery effectively to assert what I did or didn't do... mang. =P
:monkey:

Also, here it is again for those who wish to see it in this thread too:

Top Bottom