• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Recovery Tier List

arrowhead

Smash Ace
i started from somewhere above the blast line and i just grabbed the edge. what am i doing wrong? :urg:

can you show a vid of your AR thingy?

MaskedMarth

Smash Ace
Make sure you jump immediately after each upward pound. You're probably losing just a little height during each jump, which adds up to a lot.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
sorry, track meet today

no, i will not create a god tier just for jiggs, sorry, only if she was heavier (like, falco's weight) i would do that

why ganon so high, he can come back from anything, he's like samus, hits at 120 don't bother him

sheik's recovery sucks, it doesn't ride the stage and her horizontal sucks

pichu's only reason for being above pika is the fact he can ride the stage and pika can't, other than that, they're equal, except taht pika is harder to edgegaurd cause he hurts with his up b and pichu doesn't, their up b's go the same length and their forward b's go the same lenght for the same damage (like they'll both go equally as far for both doing 12% with it)

other than that, i think the only changes that needs to be made are in the middle and high tiers

lied, not gonna edit it now, comp is making it a pain in the butt right now

Magus420

Smash Master
Also, after you've used the first mid-air jump, you can auto jump perfectly out of each pound if you're holding one of the jump buttons or up. Another thing you should be doing to get the most out of it is to do the pounds before the peak of each jump. If you do it too late in the jump you dip a bit before the pound actually gets you going and lose a small amount of height.

Mood4Food, you keep wanting to make this a survivability list. Go ahead and rename it if that's what you want, lol. Pichu also has more angle options on the up-b than Pikachu does btw.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
trust me, i'm not

what takes into effect is how good a character can recover, how easily they're edgegaurded, how well they can make it back from teh edgegaurd, weight to recovery ratio, and everything else, if i wanted surviveability, samus and ganon would win by a lot

lonejedi

W.I.T.T.Y
BRoomer
I can't under stand how you can think Doctor Mario is that low, his recovery is excellent if used right. Forward pills, down b for vertical, cape, second jump, and then up b.... He has a much better recovery than some on that list. This list IMO, is very weak.

Bakemonky

Smash Apprentice
How is Jiggs top tier?

She has insane horizontal recovery, don't get me wrong... but Samus has insane horizontal AND vertical recovery. Why Mewtwo is above Samus I have NO idea...

weak.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
he's heavy, that's what saves him, his recovery sucks, him and mario have one of the worst jumps, his up b doesn't go very far, his cap isn't the greatest, it takes fast hands to make his down b really useful, yea it pretty much sucks

samus' vertical recovery isn't taht great, and projectiles do own her recovery, it messes up her timing

mewtwo can make the hyrule jump much, much easier than samus and the fact that he can do an air move and gain more height is also a big plus

lonejedi

W.I.T.T.Y
BRoomer
he's heavy, that's what saves him, his recovery sucks, him and mario have one of the worst jumps, his up b doesn't go very far, his cap isn't the greatest, it takes fast hands to make his down b really useful, yea it pretty much sucks

samus' vertical recovery isn't taht great, and projectiles do own her recovery, it messes up her timing

mewtwo can make the hyrule jump much, much easier than samus and the fact that he can do an air move and gain more height is also a big plus
Wow.. so are you basing this how good someone is, cause you said it takes good hands to pull it off. And it's actually quite simple. His Up goes just as far Sheiks, and it has the ability to knock of edge hoggers at the same time. I' play a good doc that can recover from very far off the stage because of doc's recovery. I don't feel someone who's been playing smash for a little bit over a year has the right to judge who has the best recovery or not.

arrowhead

Smash Ace
trust me, i'm not

what takes into effect is how good a character can recover, how easily they're edgegaurded, how well they can make it back from teh edgegaurd, weight to recovery ratio, and everything else, if i wanted surviveability, samus and ganon would win by a lot
how does weight to recovery ratio have to do with how good a character's recovery is?

lonejedi

W.I.T.T.Y
BRoomer
I suggest if you're going to make an "Official" Recovery List. That you have a group of people. For one person to decide who has a better recovery than someone else is really dumb. Thats why they have a panel for the Tier List, the power rankings, and other sorts. For 1 person to do this is really GAY.

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
M4F, put reasons as to WHY certain characters are where they are so that you wont have to restate the same hings OVER AND OVER again. This list is practically perfect IMO (ecxept for the no jiggs god tier thingy :p)

Ornj

Smash Journeyman
Jiggly...must...have... GOD TIER.... or maybe elite tier or sumthin.....

arrowhead

Smash Ace
The less they weigh generally means the more effective their DI is. Ex, Jiggs. ;)
weight does not correlate with DI. weight should only be a factor when you consider getting hit while recovering, but it shouldn't count that much even then cause most likely, you'd be dead. and that comment didn't answer why he's doing weight to recovery ratio.

jiggs really needs a god tier. her recovery far outstrips everyone else's

fluffy

Smash Champion
How is Jiggs top tier?

She has insane horizontal recovery, don't get me wrong... but Samus has insane horizontal AND vertical recovery. Why Mewtwo is above Samus I have NO idea...

weak.
i like how this guy thinks

Razed

Smash Ace
lolz @ Tsuk playing Yugioh..
God Tier-
Jigglypuff

You will all come to my side soon.
lolz @ truth.
Earthbound.. i guess you main Ness. Now tell me where you live!
Come to my next Fest son. Fairfax, Va.. playa
Exactly..

God Tier-
Jigglypuff
Lol noob. Anyway...

Yes, God Tier -
Jigglypuff
How dare you...
Jiggs for God Tier..

*pound*
Y'know... For a director, you sure do spam alot =P

I'd say this list is pretty much perfected, maybe you could maybe another one for overall chance of surviving =P (this would be different cause light characters would go down >.>)

Also, can we stop the rant about jiggly needing a god tier? We've already established and gone over the fast that her recovery owns, and we all know how good it is, so why have a good page or so worth of posts requesting a new tier when we already know where she stands?

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
fluffy has 999 posts.

maybe we should make a seperate survivor's tier list.

fluffy

Smash Champion
yea dude now i hav 1000 posts. thou i really wanted to hav 999 forever...

and stingers, i think that that was more of a survivability and coolness factor with luigi. in real matches, you woulndt find urself in those positions. i dont even know if we are talking about recovery in general, or recovery in real matches.

ChozenOne

Smash Champion
Y'know... For a director, you sure do spam alot =P

I'd say this list is pretty much perfected, maybe you could maybe another one for overall chance of surviving =P (this would be different cause light characters would go down >.>)

Also, can we stop the rant about jiggly needing a god tier? We've already established and gone over the fast that her recovery owns, and we all know how good it is, so why have a good page or so worth of posts requesting a new tier when we already know where she stands?
How Dare You...

Don't hate son..

Jiggs for God Tier..

*pound*

mood4food77

Smash Hero
ok, i was thinking about it, i'll make jiggs her own tier

ok, from now on, i'll post before i update, like we can pretty much agree taht the list is pretty much set, except for high, mid, and low tier, so what i'll do is i'll post the changes i'm going to make and then you guys say why you like it or not, right now, i'm only gonna explain why i think one character moved, i'll do the rest later, so here it goes

high:
ganon
ICs
mr. g&w
link

mid:
y. link
fox
kirby
ness
zelda

low:
dk
yoshi
bowser
sheik
marth
luigi

why did i put g&w so high, well his has one of the hardest up b's to edgegaurd, it's also the second fastest up b in the game, it can go from below FD and he can still overshoot the ledge, it has pretty high priority (like almost all up b's), and even if he uses it before reachign the stage, he cna be high enough to continue his momentum to the stage, it's also the second best vertical up b in the game (ICs have the first)

now, discuss the rest

The Cape

Smash Master
Why is Jiggs higher than M2?

Also, for the guy who posted the "Make Luigi higher" vids. He can do the hyrule jump backwards too :-p

The Cape

Smash Master
Because without his midair jump, Mewtwo's recovery isn't as great as Jiggs. Without her jumps, Jigglypuff still has infinite horizontal recovery with rising pounds.
However isnt this list about the full recovery of a character? M2 can recover from anywhere, while jiggs has some issues with vertical.

Also, why is GW so high? His recovery blows.

Top Bottom