• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rebellion, A Sheik decayed and non decayed combo guide *updated*

saviorslegacy

My avater is not a Sheik avatar.
SHEIK SMASH DECAY

Since this is a thread that has decay string/combo's in it I have decided to take it a bit further and make it a thread that lists all of her string/combo's.

Non Decay Combo's

Sheik is a very fast character. Even if the combo is a string (a combo that can be escaped).

I will begin this section by listing Blad01's data.
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=201054

How to read : The bold words are the movements initiators of the combo. The movements below are the ones that can continue the combo. For example : Second Jab can lead into a grab or into a DSmash / DTilt / FTilt at (very) high percentages.
The percentages in green indicate when your opponent get caught in the combo.
The percentages in blue indicate the combo's total damage

Second Jab (Crouch cancelled) :
* Grab
* DSmash, Dtilt, Ftilt (at ~180%...)

FTilt
* FTilt (30-80%)
* UTilt*
* USmash*
* Uair*
* Fair*
* Bair*
* Nair
* Jab

d-tilt
*d-tilt
*Fair (not exactly for sure)
*f-tilt

u-tilt
*Fair
*grab

Nair (strong)
* Dash Attack

Nair (weak)
* Dash Attack (40%-120%) (12%)
* DACUS !* (needs more testing) (~128%)
* DSmash (20%-100%) (18%)
* FSmash ! (90%-100%) (18%)
* Jab (20%-100%)
* DTilt (20%-110%) (13%)
* FTilt (20%-100%) (10%)
* Grab (low %) / Dash Grab (high %)

Returned Nair (Weak)
* Trip > Basically what you want :D
* Everything possible with Weak Nair.

Fair
* Jab (low percents)
* FTilt
* DTilt
* DSmash
* Dash Attack
* DACUS ! (~70% on Bowser)
*Needles

Bair
*Grab
*f-tilt
*Needles

Sliding Grab Release
* FTilt (Ness, Lucas ?)
* Jab (Ness)
* Grab (Ness, Lucas)

Jumping Grab Release
* Grab (Squirtle)
* FTilt (Wario)
* USmash (Wario)
* DACUS (Lucas, Mario, Popo, Lucas, MetaKnight, Pikachu, Squirtle)
* Fair (Ness, Game&Watch)

That is just the stuff that is 100% sure (or really close to 100%). Basically you can string those and have no worries of them escaping.

Combo's
Since there are so many combo's for Sheik few of them are named. So just call these Sheikah combo's/plain ole combo's.

Bair> f-tilt (you can also lock here)> grab

Bair> jabx2> grab

Bair> u-tilt> grab

Fair> f-tilt> Fair> Dash Attack (low percents)

d-tilt> d-tilt> f-tilt> u-tilt> grab (at 0%)

That is all that i can remember right now. Post any combo's that are three hits or more that I don't have listed please.

String's
String's basically means that the combo can be escaped. This said you should know that you can be punished for trying these. So watch out.

*All of the following should be used as a mix up (meaning every once in a while).

f-tilt> Fair> f-tilt lock> ???
*note* This is the baby version of the Swan Combo.
For more information read on the Swan Combo (below).

Decay Combo's

Alright, first I want to thank Tristan. He is a great guy and brought this to my attention. So I dedicate this post to him. I also want to say. "Tristan is right."
Okay now that that is over with I will explain what I have here.
This is a list of decayed moves and decay combo's. Now there are three rules to decay combo's and they are:

Basically what you want to do is keep a few moves that help combo in a decayed state. That way you can combo better and at all percents. Now there are some rules to this system.

#1 It works like a production line. Only the 9 MOST RECENT moves are in a state of Decay.

#2 Stale moves only effect power. This in turn however effects knock back, hit stun and trajectory due to the lesser amount of power.

#3 The attack has to connect to receive Decay.

Here is the order of decay.

Now that everyone knows where I am going I will post the decay list.

f-tilt decay numbers
.1= 5%
.09= 4%
.08= 4%
.07= 4%
.06= 3%
.05= 2.5%
.04= 3%
.03= 3%
.02= 2.5%

Decay at 9 can lock Mario at 19%. At 9 decay and Mario 70%, you can get 3 Decay tilts on him.
Can combo Mario over 100% with decay of 9.
Trajectory does not change with increased decay. However, they seem to almost stall while in the air.

U-tilt decay numbers
.1= 13%
.09= 12%
.08= 10%
.07= 10%
.06= 8%
.05= 8%
.04= 7%
.03= 7%
.02= 6%

Trajectory slowly goes from diagonal to horizontal.
Can combo Mario at 87% with decay of 9.

d-tilt decay numbers
.1= 8%
.09= 7%
.08= 7%
.07= 5.5
.06= 5.5
.05= 4.5
.04= 4.5
.03= 4%
.02= 4%

Can combo Mario at 50%.
When close to Sheik the d-tilt sends them diagonal. When the tip of the foot hits it has a vertical trajectory. The same can be said when it is decayed to 9.

Fair decay numbers
.1= 9%
.09= 8%
.08= 7%
.07= 7%
.06= 6%
.05= 5%
.04= 5%
.03= 5%
.02= 4%

Trajectory change’s from slightly diagonal to almost straight horizontal.
Can combo Mario at 100% with Decay of 9.

Bair decay numbers
.1= 11% and 12% when sweet spotted
.09= 10% and 11% when sweet spotted
.08= 9% and 10% when sweet spotted
.07= 8% and 9% when sweet spotted
.06= 7% and 8% when sweet spotted
.05= 7% and 8% when sweet spotted
.04= 6% and 7% when sweet spotted
.03= 6% and 7% when sweet spotted
.02= 5% and 6% when sweet spotted

Trajectory changes from slightly diagonal to horizontal.
Can combo Mario at 100% at decay of 9.

That is about all I have tested. There really isn't any need to test anything else since these are really the only moves that will be used to combo except for jabs (which don't need decreased knock back) and combo enders.

Decay combos
Each combo has a certain amount of decay as stated to perform. So don’t say I’m wrong just because you tried it in training mode and it didn’t work.
*note* Some parts of the combo can be broken out of so don’t pat yourself on that back if you know that.

Now in the following I will have three different kinds of combo names. The first are specific combo's like the Swan Combo and the Gonzo. The second is the Blitz combo's. These are just small strings that are usually at the mid percents and do about 30%. The third are semi combo's which are just simple combo's of two moves that are under decay.
*note* The name change is due to them being Decay combo's. Which are different than normal combo's.

Swan Combo
This combo has many set up and finishing options. Here is what they are.

Set Ups
jab> f-tilt decay> Fair decay> f-tilt decay
u-tilt decay> Fair decay> f-tilt decay
d-tilt decay> Fair decay> f-tilt decay
d-tilt> Fair decay> f-tilt decay
f-tilt> Fair decay> f-tilt decay
Bair> f-tilt decay> Fair decay> f-tilt decay
Fair decay> f-tilt decay
Weak Nair> f-tilt decay> Fair decay> f-tilt decay

Finishers
Fair decay> USmash
Fair decay> u-tilt
Fair decay> DSmash
Fair decay> Dash Attack
f-tilt decay> DSmash
f-tilt decay> Nair
f-tilt decay> grab
f-tilt decay> u-tilt
f-tilt decay> jab

u-tilt, f-tilt and Fair decay is needed for this combo. Exact decay for each character will be posted shortly.

Mario
Start the combo at around 45%.
u-tilt starter decay of 20+
Fair decay of .09
f-tilt decay .09

FINISH
f-tilt decay> USmash 92%

Donkey Kong
Start the combo 50%.
u-tilt decay of .09
Fair decay of .09
f-tilt decay of .09

FINISH
f-tilt decay> USmash 100%

This video explains what the Swan combo is. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gn5tuTxpwIY
Strong DI and jumping back was the only way to get out of it. He got out of it at 77%.
Fair and u-tilt is the only thing that needs a buff.
Marth can escape at 72%.

Swan Combo #2
Further decay testing shows an easier version of the Swan Combo.
The combo has the same basic concept as the Swan but takes less decay, works at lower percents, it's a LOT easier to pull off and it is harder to escape.
However, this combo does not do as much damage and doesn't have a KO finisher.

To perform you need Fair decay of ??. (more testing needs to be done)
*note* This seems to be a true combo.

Basically you just replace f-tilt with d-tilt. The combo works near 25% and ends near 60%.
Testing also shows that this combo can lead into the Swan. Making the two of them a 25% to death combo. (Which will never happen due to running out of stage.) -_-

Blitz combo
d-tilt decay of .09+, f-tilt decay of .20+ and Fair decay of .11+
Have the foe at 50 damage (just use a lower percent combo or f-tilt lock)
Here is the combo.
d-tilt> f-tilt> Fair> Dash attack/Needles
This combo does around 30%. Now I would like to point out how this is a mid percent combo. Whenever you finish this combo they are at around 80%.

Blitz Combo #2
Bair decay of 22+, f-tilt decay of .17+ and u-tilt decay of 3
Have the foe at 50 damage (just use a lower percent combo or f-tilt lock)
Here is the combo.
Bair> f-tilt> u-tilt> Fair
This combo does about 30%. Now I would like to point out how this is a mid percent combo. Whenever you finish this combo they are at around 80%.

Blitz Combo #3
Fair decay of .22+
Have the foe at 60 damage (just use a lower percent combo or f-tilt lock)
Here is the combo.
f-tilt> Fair> FSmash
This combo does about 25%. If you notice this combo is at 60%! It is a perfect set up for a ledge guard.
When you finish this combo they have about 90%.

Blitz Combo #4
u-tilt decay of .22+ and Bair decay of .17+
Have the foe at 40 damage (just use a lower percent combo or f-tilt lock)
Here is the combo.
u-tilt> Bair>Bair> Bair> Bair
Just link as many Bairs as you can. This combo's damage varies.
This combo works because every time you hit with another Bair you weaken it more just to hit with it again.

Semi Combo’s

Percent at 50
Fair decay of .25> dash grab

Percent at 50
u-tilt decay of .25> Fair

Percent at 90
f-tilt decay of .25> USmash (KO)

That is all I have right now. It took me 3+ hours to collect all of that. -_-
If you have any comments or questions then just ask.
*note* Please help come up with more combo's. There is SOOOOOO much potential here you would not believe!

saviorslegacy

This looks like the wrong use of the right numbers.
This is my first night of testing and I had a ton ad data and a tired partner. So I posted it to get constructive comments and help.

Needless to say there is a LOOOOOOOTTTTT more testing that needs to be done.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I mean that you're setting unnecessary rules to your little combos. The entire strength behind Sheik's ftilt and its properties is that you should be able to make a decision on how to follow up based on the situation at hand, without having to memorize a bunch of numbers and keep track of exactly which moves are decayed how much.

saviorslegacy

I mean that you're setting unnecessary rules to your little combos. The entire strength behind Sheik's ftilt and its properties is that you should be able to make a decision on how to follow up based on the situation at hand, without having to memorize a bunch of numbers and keep track of exactly which moves are decayed how much.
Most combo's include the f-tilt. When they are all wrote down and you have them practiced you will be able to follow through with the sistuation at hand and know how to continue following through.

but yeah... I do see your point. It looks that way mainly cuz it is so little.

EDIT: Not when decayed East.

Taeran

Smash Journeyman
We've been trying to tell you this back at MoC.

This is way to far.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
You shouldn't have to "practice" anything. If you have to memorize every single attack decay situation just to know what attack to follow up with then your reaction must be slow as molasses. It should be VERY easy to tell what to do based on positioning and knockback.

By the way, trajectory is not actually changing. Since attack decay is reducing overall knockback, eventually diagonal-sending attacks will not be strong enough to lift a character off the ground.

This thread still feels like it's overcomplicating things waaaaaaaaay too much.

saviorslegacy

You shouldn't have to "practice" anything. If you have to memorize every single attack decay situation just to know what attack to follow up with then your reaction must be slow as molasses. It should be VERY easy to tell what to do based on positioning and knockback.

By the way, trajectory is not actually changing. Since attack decay is reducing overall knockback, eventually diagonal-sending attacks will not be strong enough to lift a character off the ground.

This thread still feels like it's overcomplicating things waaaaaaaaay too much.
@Taeran: no u... I can try and increase Sheik as much as I want.

@Ankoku:
Tristan and I are working on making our reaction time as slow as molasses.

BTW... it is changing. Hit a Mario with a strong Bair with Decay 0 at 100%. Now hit him with a strong Bair at Decay 9 at 200%. Almost the same distance is traveled (200% goes farther) but the trajectory changes. Also you contradicted yourself by by saying "Since attack decay is reducing overall knockback, eventually diagonal-sending attacks will not be strong enough to lift a character off the ground" and then saying that the trajectory does not change. If they don't get lifted off of the ground as much then thier trajectory has changed.

BTW..... it's not that confusing. I understand it perfectly.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Since you don't understand a word I'm saying to you, I'm just going to not respond and continue playing while you make silly things like this thread.

LanceStern

Smash Lord
Well you put in a lot of hard work, that's cool.

It's like the Scizor episode of Pokemon, when the guy has all the data and uses that to make his decisions on how Scizor should fight. Whereas Ash just goes with the flow of the match and Pikachu wins.

Knowledge is power though, you could find something awesome with this. I say keep up the hard work and make yourself as good as possible

Blistering Speed

Smash Champion
Great, the next time my opponent is at 50% and I have B Air decay of 3, F Tilt decay of 2 and U Tilt decay of 3, I'll think "****, here comes Blitz Combo #2".

Ankoku's point that he keeps pushing and it's something that you're lacking in almost all your threads is the simple idea that a player should be able to use his INTUITION and adapt to the situation, something which you seem to ignore and so end up with silly things like this.

Regardless, as always I appreciate the effort and I feel through some analysis the decay numbers will come of use, just not the way you're doing it.

Crossjeremiah

Smash Ace
nice try, try again

these dont seem very plausible. i think your reading the chart wrong or your right but you have to sweet spot every single attack.

decay 9 doesnt seem very reasonable for a stock.

each decay is after 2 attacks
you basically i have use that attack 18 times to get to decay 9. by the time you used all of it you probably have the guy at killing percent

Tristan_win

Not dead.
I :heart: data

Although I can see some people concerns about how this might not be as useful as one would think because it demands such large amount of thinking but even so that doesn't change the fact that it still has the potential of being very useful...

You got to remember savior that most of us are struggling with just the decay ftilt! Most likely none of us count beyond ftilt if that, and maybe usmash decay. Everything else people usually just feel out. Heck, after looking at the ftilt decay numbers so long I usually just take logical guesses when I reach a character I just don't know. Since the numbers have enough similarities as does the lunch resistance of the characters I can usually get it right.

I think if this thread was made a year from now people would rejoice for your hardcore more so then they will do now but because of where sheik top and public Meta game is today people are just overwhelmed by those ideas and call them impossible.
…Exactly like they did for DACUS, case and point.

chainmaillekid

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CHAINMAILLEKID
3DS FC
1805-2525-8280
The sheik board sucks as far as far as letting people express their ideas, or whatever.

Its impossible to post here without getting chewed out by somebody.

For all you whining about intuition, You dont think this could ever become intuitive?

You guys suck so much. -_-'

Im almost inspired to main pikachu again.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
what? ...

I don't believe tristain found out about the move decay stack, but yeah he was right. Thanks for the post I like numbers.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Actually now that I think about it, saviors didn't even set up the decays correctly because it doesn't take into account that position of the attack on the attack decay queue matters.

Oh well.

The sheik board sucks as far as far as letting people express their ideas, or whatever.

Its impossible to post here without getting chewed out by somebody.
Are you familiar with the difference between getting things done quickly and getting things done correctly? I hope you make the correct decision when you take your exams.

For all you whining about intuition, You dont think this could ever become intuitive?

You guys suck so much. -_-'

Im almost inspired to main pikachu again.
lol. The thing about intuitiveness is that.... you wouldn't have to spend hours listing every **** possibility and you'd just need to know what attacks Sheik has to figure out how to follow up.

chainmaillekid

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CHAINMAILLEKID
3DS FC
1805-2525-8280
Actually now that I think about it, saviors didn't even set up the decays correctly because it doesn't take into account that position of the attack on the attack decay queue matters.

Oh well.

Are you familiar with the difference between getting things done quickly and getting things done correctly? I hope you make the correct decision when you take your exams.

lol. The thing about intuitiveness is that.... you wouldn't have to spend hours listing every **** possibility and you'd just need to know what attacks Sheik has to figure out how to follow up.
You don't just HAVE intuition though, you have to develop it. You can spend hours familiarizing yourself with sheiks moves, or you can go over the frame data, or any number of things.

Intuition takes a LONG time to develop. To aquire intuition, your going to be spending hours doing something.

And What does this have to do with 'getting things done quickly vs. getting them done correctly'?
And for my exams?
I use my intuition.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Learning Sheik's attacks is helpful. Listing off combos based entirely around numbers is not.

Especially when it runs off of faulty numbers durr hurr hurr.

Gotta love overeager writing of guides, but at some point I start wondering if they're being written to help people or just to gain recognition.

saviorslegacy

#1 THE IS NOT YET LEGIT!!!!! I am still testing. I was just stupid and thought people might help me with my data. Owell... guess that was to much to ask for.

My number are not accurate. THIS IS JUST ABOUT 24 HOURS OF TESTING! I need to do more testing and look deeper into the Swan Combo. There is a lot of potential there

#2 Yes.. I don react to what moves needs to be in a situation. However, imagine if you can react like this and keep a memory of decay. You only have 5 moves to keep track of and 9 decay slots.

#3 I don't want any more agruing on my post. If you don't like this idea then keep it to yourself. I already know that most people don't like it... so you don't have to remind me any more. You can help me on this post and critique my work though.

That is all.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
Um... DI.

Di kills pretty much all pre programmed combos. ftilt-> ftilt is one of the few that escape is near impossible at the right percent window. ftilt -> fair -> ftilt can be DI/teched and dodged out of in all cases I familiar with.

That said keep working on it if you think you are on to something I love being proven wrong.

saviorslegacy

Um... DI.

Di kills pretty much all pre programmed combos. ftilt-> ftilt is one of the few that escape is near impossible at the right percent window. ftilt -> fair -> ftilt can be DI/teched and dodged out of in all cases I familiar with.

That said keep working on it if you think you are on to something I love being proven wrong.
When not decayed yes... when decyaed no.

Crossjeremiah

Smash Ace
i hate people who make combo names and expect to become famous for it. and the swan combo is less likely to happen. your not going to get a decay of 3 utilt (6 utilts) fair decay of 2 (4 fairs). and expect to see 25% . maybe 2nd stock. but this combo is less likely to happen in tournaments. its good that fair decay can probably combo into ftilt. thats like the only useful data i learned from your guide. i already know ftilt usmash . stuff.

legion598

Smash Ace
I would suggest combos that lead to a kill or at least a vast amount of damage then u could just learn that one and use it if the opportunity presents itself but trying to base ur play style from these combos wouldnt work. Its probably just better to realize when an attack is decayed and know that it will do less knock back

saviorslegacy

To all who put me down about my thread:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gn5tuTxpwIY&feature=channel_page
You were wrong.
There is the combo in action. YES IT HAS BEEN TESTED! (Marth can get out at 72% with DS.) You can even hear Mario trying to get out of it once.
I also have a comment for you in the description box.
Have a nice day and keep it to yourself next time.

*note* If I didn't have ______ (I don't want to say his name) supporting me then I would have gave up and would have never devaloped this. I also would not continue devoloping.

To all who supported me:
I am very pleased that you appreciate me. You and myself are why I am doing this research.
This is for you. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gn5tuTxpwIY&feature=channel_page

*note* This combo is still in its baby stages.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Oh man, because proving that something can be done given exactly perfect conditions is totally proving me wrong. lol

You sure showed me.

You sure did, man.

Villi

Smash Lord
These numbers look like damage output at given decays. I looked at your ftilt decay numbers and saw:
f-tilt decay numbers
6= 2 1/2
7= 3
That just doesn't make sense to anyone who understands that decay makes damage output lower.

How do you know these are true combos? Damage doesn't give you any idea what your frame advantages are unless you knew what the frame advantages were, given decay, to begin with.

There are many solutions to situational problems in this game. The majority of this data is superfluous. Sometimes you just need to know when to cut the bull **** and make decisions that will benefit you in the long-run, stocks, and not kill yourself trying to decay fairs and up tilts so you can do some random combo that isn't confirmed by frame data.

</opinion>

saviorslegacy

Oh man, because proving that something can be done given exactly perfect conditions is totally proving me wrong. lol

You sure showed me.

You sure did, man.
*troll
Off my post please. If you can't help then you are unwanted. All you do is b*tch at me. So GTFO.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I started off trying to tell you why you were using the numbers incorrectly and you insisted that you were physically and mentally handicapped to such an extent that such a thing was necessary.
Tristan and I are working on making our reaction time as slow as molasses.
I believe I am quite justified in not wanting to try to explain anything else to you. However, if it's help you want, I suggest punching a brick wall several times really hard with both hands until they become numb, and doing this every day until you can no longer perform fine movements on demand. Then it'll seem like your reaction time is as slow as molasses.

But seriously, what I was actually trying to tell you was that you were wasting time putting down extremely situational combos when they weren't even best or universal options (considering player DI, character weight, possible options, etc.). Essentially, it's like learning exactly what % and decay ftilt to usmash works on Mario and then trying to KO with ftilt to usmash at that % and decay against everyone, even if they weren't playing Mario.

And don't even start with "I'll just check for every character." No. It's a big enough waste of time writing down strings of attacks to test for one character, let alone 36, but you're already missing the point if you do that. Sheik's ftilt is really straightforward. It either sets them in hitstun right in front of you for another ftilt or leads into another one of Sheik's really straightforward moves. Directly above you? Utilt or Usmash. Directly above you but too far for utilt? Do a full hopped uair or shorthopped fair and then read their DI to follow up appropriately. Behind you? Turn around and ftilt.

It's so simple that for you to be trying to plan 10 moves ahead, and apply such a thing to a tournament match, is simply absurd. That you did your testing on FD against Mario, without the possible variables of platforms, uneven ground, or characters that simply can't be tilt locked, tells me furthermore that your level of planning with regards to this really is narrow.

Instead of coming up with names like "Blitz Combo #4" and capturing them on video I suggest playing friendlies with a lot of people and a lot of characters, landing ftilts on them, and learning which direction they go. From there you can figure out which attacks hit them based on where they went (Up, away, or toward. There's three directions, not that hard to keep track of.). And all of a sudden, you've simplified your cute 'n' convoluted little list of "do this combo at this % against this character with this kind of decay if he doesn't DI at all" into a much easier set of conditionals that go "if he goes this way then follow up with that."

If you can't accept any of this post, then fine. I won't bother you any more.

saviorslegacy

I started off trying to tell you why you were using the numbers incorrectly and you insisted that you were physically and mentally handicapped to such an extent that such a thing was necessary.

I believe I am quite justified in not wanting to try to explain anything else to you. However, if it's help you want, I suggest punching a brick wall several times really hard with both hands until they become numb, and doing this every day until you can no longer perform fine movements on demand. Then it'll seem like your reaction time is as slow as molasses.

But seriously, what I was actually trying to tell you was that you were wasting time putting down extremely situational combos when they weren't even best or universal options (considering player DI, character weight, possible options, etc.). Essentially, it's like learning exactly what % and decay ftilt to usmash works on Mario and then trying to KO with ftilt to usmash at that % and decay against everyone, even if they weren't playing Mario.

And don't even start with "I'll just check for every character." No. It's a big enough waste of time writing down strings of attacks to test for one character, let alone 36, but you're already missing the point if you do that. Sheik's ftilt is really straightforward. It either sets them in hitstun right in front of you for another ftilt or leads into another one of Sheik's really straightforward moves. Directly above you? Utilt or Usmash. Directly above you but too far for utilt? Do a full hopped uair or shorthopped fair and then read their DI to follow up appropriately. Behind you? Turn around and ftilt.

It's so simple that for you to be trying to plan 10 moves ahead, and apply such a thing to a tournament match, is simply absurd. That you did your testing on FD against Mario, without the possible variables of platforms, uneven ground, or characters that simply can't be tilt locked, tells me furthermore that your level of planning with regards to this really is narrow.

Instead of coming up with names like "Blitz Combo #4" and capturing them on video I suggest playing friendlies with a lot of people and a lot of characters, landing ftilts on them, and learning which direction they go. From there you can figure out which attacks hit them based on where they went (Up, away, or toward. There's three directions, not that hard to keep track of.). And all of a sudden, you've simplified your cute 'n' convoluted little list of "do this combo at this % against this character with this kind of decay if he doesn't DI at all" into a much easier set of conditionals that go "if he goes this way then follow up with that."

If you can't accept any of this post, then fine. I won't bother you any more.
lol... you think this is so situational don't you? As I studied the Swan Combo more I found that all you need as far as decay is 2 Fairs used in the past 9 moves. When you hit them that will make 3. When you start it out just use f-tilt a few times and decay it. Then you can combo. Quite simple IMO.

I actually plan on keeping track of my decay thank you.

lol.. your combo's are really basic and don't need decay, but here is the thing. You are always in a dtate of decay so why not take advantage of it? Instead of going off of a few combo's that can be used be f-tilt locking and simply finishing it off with a Nair or u-tilt. Why not come up with combo's that work at percents between 50% and 100%? I do plan on finishing those Blitz combo's. However it will be more like 20. I want them to cover any current decay. That way you can combo accordingly to that amount.
This is what I see Sheik's future being:

Needles (no duh), Chain as a mix up, f-tilt, u-tilt and fair at lower percents. Combo's through the rest of the stock. Actually... keeping track of decay isn't that hard at all. This is the conclusion/what I have started doing.

Forget about keeping track of f-tilt. It is almost always in decay.

Bair is a move that you really shouldn't keep track of.

d-tilt isn't all that combo friendly.

Now for u-tilt and Fair I have each assigned a foot (lol). Basically they don't need to be over decay of 2 (whenever you use it again it will have decay of 3). Basically I cross me toe's. Sounds stupid, but it is very effective. Think back when you were first learning math. If you were normal you would use your fingers to count. Well.. I use my toes to tell me if I have enough decay.
If the correct toe is crossed then I follow through with the combo. All I gotta do is keep a good estimate on what where the last 9 moves used. So yeah... way less confusing and a LOT more effective.

East

Crappy Imitation
Doing Tricks in a Mansion Location: Tokyo, JP
I have an idea:

Ankoku can believe what he wants to believe.
saviorslegacy can believe what he wants to believe.

And if they do what works for them, they should be alright. ^_^b

Other people who read this can decide if they want to make it part of their game or not and they'll be alright believing what they want to believe too ^_^b

saviorslegacy

I have an idea:

Ankoku can believe what he wants to believe.
saviorslegacy can believe what he wants to believe.

And if they do what works for them, they should be alright. ^_^b

Other people who read this can decide if they want to make it part of their game or not and they'll be alright believing what they want to believe too ^_^b
East= full of win

Blad01

Smash Lord
Good work, there is some potential with the decay indeed.
Even if of course, some of your combos are really unlikely to happen. ^^ If I second Sheik again, I will definitly learn some of that data (like that 'swan combo').

LanceStern

Smash Lord
I like you standing up for yourself and why you did the data and taking the time to do it savior, but telling people to GTFO, f*** you, and stuff like that is uncalled for. Especially moderators. Especially if you're Christian.

Don't stooop down to that kind of level. I'm going to look at the swan combo now.

saviorslegacy

I like you standing up for yourself and why you did the data and taking the time to do it savior, but telling people to GTFO, f*** you, and stuff like that is uncalled for. Especially moderators. Especially if you're Christian.

Don't stooop down to that kind of level. I'm going to look at the swan combo now.
*burn
Sorry.. I was just tired of the trolling. <,< I agree... it was uncalled for.

Top Bottom