• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rebellion, A Sheik decayed and non decayed combo guide *updated*

Tristan_win

Not dead.
haha, Savoir you better trademark that combo soon or everyone going to be calling it "The Armada" which funny enough fits O.o

Oh... and that kirby getting killed out of grab made me chuckle... seriously.

JackieRabbit5

Smash Journeyman
well i think this thread has a lot of good info but i also agree w/ some of the comments about play being more intuitive than rationalized like this, i'm an instinctual kinda player myself

i definitely think something can be learned from this data though (Swan combo eh? i do something similar w/ weak nair and link it into more ftilt some but see i don't really think about it, probly would help if i did more)

and hadn't heard of Armada's Sheik b4, nice vid there

saviorslegacy

My avater is not a Sheik avatar.
I have been doing some testing and it seems like the Swan is a good replacement for the f-tilt lock on lighter and floatier characters.

opinions

shadownoss45

Smash Cadet
honestly if i had to think during smash i wud suck but some intelligent ppl could put this to use

btw i suck anyway XD

saviorslegacy

Well.... now that I have done further testing I can say that there is some parts in this thread that is wrong. Right now I don't have the time to test or update. I do plan on taking on my research here in June or July. So if anyone wants to mess with this they can and I will add it to the guide.
Untill then don't plan on seeing a lot of info added.

just fyi

FrozenFire13

Smash Ace
I've been using the Ftilt to Fair combo for so long. I had no idea it was actually a true combo that was gonna develop into something with a name. I haven't checked this out for a while (not since everyone was putting savior down) This looks like its developing sexily.

saviorslegacy

This looks like its developing sexily.
*feels special inside*

just from using her every once and a while I found out that this works at 30% (just so you know that is f-tilt lock percentage... so use that if you want too) without any decay. This means that you get good decay at these low percents and it will continue to combo into higher percents and it comes with that powerful finished.
I have also hoticed that u-tilt/d-tilt Fair also combo's (unkown percents). I did find out that they can DI behind you when you use the d-tilt one. The u-tilt one is also hard to hit with.

Eventually I plan on posting what decay you need to combo at 50% on all characters and what combo's on Mario at 50% when attacks are used 3 times (I can't remember what the numbers are). From there I will try and build blitz combo's that work at 50%+ on Mario.

So yeah.. A LOOOOOOOOOT more testing needs to be done. I just don't have the time to do it.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
Just did a ftilt, fair, ftilt ftilt, fair, ftilt, fair, ~ attempt to gimp on a toon link.

It was sexy and started in the 40ish%? I don't think he was di right, it was also wifi but still it was soo sexy.

Kirkon

Smash Cadet
Nice discovery saviorslegacy! I wonder if Kirby has any Decay Combos/Strings

rathy Aro

Smash Lord
Nice discovery saviorslegacy! I wonder if Kirby has any Decay Combos/Strings
lol

I was just thinking saviors, the thing abou tthis thread is its kinda limited in scope. I feeli like you could list dozens of named combos/strings using, because sheik is able to follow up her moves pretty well. Like off the top of my head weak nair-> jab cancel->ftilt ->weak nair (no idea if this is legit at all just an example). My point is you could list what sheik can follow up with after every move depending on weight, damage, and decay. You could also highlight especially useful combos/strings.

Just a suggestion.

saviorslegacy

My point is you could list what sheik can follow up with after every move depending on weight, damage, and decay. You could also highlight especially useful combos/strings.

Just a suggestion.
One of my plans is to list every string they is at the very least a rare mix up.
The problem is finding the time. *goes beck to studying for the ACT*

BTW... anyone have any tips on the ACT for me?

saviorslegacy

He didn't discover anything. He just put a name on to something common.
I took it a step further. Most people over look this combo. I also took it out of the low percents and made it a killing combo.

The ONLY person I have seen use this is Armada (which is why Jeremiah is calling it the Armada combo) and maybe Gimpy. Others said that they have done this before and some say that they started after they saw this post. None however said that it killed.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
I took it a step further. Most people over look this combo. I also took it out of the low percents and made it a killing combo.

The ONLY person I have seen use this is Armada (which is why Jeremiah is calling it the Armada combo) and maybe Gimpy. Others said that they have done this before and some say that they started after they saw this post. None however said that it killed.
IDK it just seems as if you read this thread http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=199888 and tristan thread http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=175241 and then declared some swan combo.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
My memory is a little bad but I recall I updated my thread in response to saviorslegacy thread as I felt he needed more raw numbers. Obviously that wasn't the only reason but before I talk to savior for a while I for the most part had plan to keep all my data to myself for the next year or so...

I like the name swan combo and it is pretty unique combo which you can't just try to do and hope for the best but you have to think about it...also

Case and point.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
My memory is a little bad but I recall I updated my thread in response to saviorslegacy thread as I felt he needed more raw numbers. Obviously that wasn't the only reason but before I talk to savior for a while I for the most part had plan to keep all my data to myself for the next year or so...

I like the name swan combo and it is pretty unique combo which you can't just try to do most of the time...also

Case and point.
LoL @ the picture.

saviorslegacy

I like the name swan combo and it is pretty unique combo which you can't just try to do and hope for the best but you have to think about it...also

Case and point.
I love you.
no homo

:EDIT:
Actually the whole idea of decay combo's came from Tristan. That is why he is mentioned in the guide.

clowsui

Smash Legend
Oh. Well, both you and Tristan have helped my Sheik metagame
Yet another person using the word metagame incorrectly? Ankoku's going to have a field day with this one...

i like the sheik

the swan ruins it though :/
The Sheik isn't even moe, Steel >__> Why do you like it :o

Anyways are these combos just all going to be named after birds from now on? >_> If so I disapprove of this naming scheme

saviorslegacy

Leave the kid alone. He has under 10 posts and he is reading the stickies/other posts. That right there shows maturity. I'm sure in a few more months he will be an accepted part of the community. No need to give yourself a bad name and flame him.
ps How exactly did he use it wrong? :confused:

Yah right... I love it! (Swan pic)
The pic captures grace. I named the combo *Swan Combo* because I thought it was graceful.

I only named this one since it is the first decay combo (except for little 2 hit combo's).
I thought that the first one should be named. Everything else will just be filed under Blitz Combos, Combos and strings.

clowsui

Smash Legend
A metagame refers to the collective tactics, strategies and techniques of a specific gaming community. The metagame can evolve, devolve or stagnate. There is no personal metagame...it always has to apply to an aggregate.

For example, "Snake and Metaknight are/were considered the two 'god tier' characters by the Brawl commuity. So far, the Brawl metagame has evolved to the point where Snake is no longer considered a 'broken character' by the majority, as he faces even matchups with Falco, ROB, DDD, Metaknight and perhaps a few lower tiers. It is still a matter of debate, however, whether the metagame will grow to a similar point in regards to Metaknight."

Top Bottom