• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Real Random: Jak (Jak & Daxter) vs Ratchet (Ratchet & Clank)

PD4FR

Smash Ace
Ok the to clear things up, Lelouch gets the geass, but not a nightmare or C-2. Light gets the Deathnote but not the shinigami.

Also, I'm going with Alucard in the Lucy vs Alucard matchup.
Lucy is strong and could probably beat most characters from anime, but if you get someone who can warp reality, your toast no matter what you do. From my understanding is that Alucard has complete control when he warps reality, and can shape shift into what he wants. If this is true Alucard could become something that moves faster than her vectors. (thinking of something moving at the speed of light or close to it) and just kill her before she has time to react. Lucy is fast but not fast enough to stop something of that caliber.

Winner Alucard in my book but W/e it's a team thing so I can't make up your mind for you.
Oh, OK.

Oh, and I get where you are going with the Arucard Vs. Lucy matchup, but you have to understand that moving at infinite speeds that can't be matched was kind of broken, so I took it out. I should have mentioned that; it makes it too much in Arucard's favor, for almost any matchup.

Lelouch vs. Light:

I have to say, I am the one who won't be able to help all that much this time. I never saw Code Geass, except for bits and pieces. I might be able to find some time to watch it, but I'm preoccupied with other Anime as of now.

I will say this, though: How will Light counter Lelouch's Geass? As far as I remember, the Geass Lelouch has allows him to control people's minds. This means he could convince Light not to kill him, or even to make Light kill himself.

I don't quite understand this, but maybe that's because I haven't seen Code Geass? :dizzy:

Sephiroths Masamune

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Oh, OK.

Oh, and I get where you are going with the Arucard Vs. Lucy matchup, but you have to understand that moving at infinite speeds that can't be matched was kind of broken, so I took it out. I should have mentioned that; it makes it too much in Arucard's favor, for almost any matchup.
Nah that aint broken, it's all fair. I just really hate Immortals because they're invincible rather than untouchable.

Lelouch vs. Light:

I have to say, I am the one who won't be able to help all that much this time. I never saw Code Geass, except for bits and pieces. I might be able to find some time to watch it, but I'm preoccupied with other Anime as of now.

I will say this, though: How will Light counter Lelouch's Geass? As far as I remember, the Geass Lelouch has allows him to control people's minds. This means he could convince Light not to kill him, or even to make Light kill himself.

I don't quite understand this, but maybe that's because I haven't seen Code Geass? :dizzy:
You've got it all right, but the thing is for lelouch to win he must confront Light face to face, but for Light to win he must get Lelouch's name.

PD4FR

Smash Ace
That makes two of us. I've read the Death Note manga, but Code Geass slipped by me. :urg:
****, that's horrible luck.

Oh, and to Sephiroth, I still think being completely immune to being hit by Lucy, at least in that matchup, would make it a 100/0 advantage for Arucard. That's why I took it out.

Oh, we're going by the fact that they don't know who they're fighting? (name-wise)
Hm, in that case, how would Light figure his name out, unless this match was a in a city, or something like that? Maybe the Cell Games arena isn't the best place for Light right now. ;)

Oh, and I won't be able to respond for an hour or two, so don't expect me to respond for a while.

Edit - Sephiroth, I don't just watch high rated Anime. But, either way, I will try to watch at least a little sometime soon, I hear it's really good. But that doesn't mean much, because all Mainstream Anime is considered good, obviously.

Sephiroths Masamune

Shocodoro Blagshidect
****, that's horrible luck.

Oh, and to Sephiroth, I still think being completely immune to being hit by Lucy, at least in that matchup, would make it a 100/0 advantage for Arucard. That's why I took it out.
Ok, it's a team thing.

Oh, we're going by the fact that they don't know who they're fighting? (name-wise)
Hm, in that case, how would Light figure his name out, unless this match was a in a city, or something like that? Maybe the Cell Games arena isn't the best place for Light right now. ;)
I was thinking more of a city setting. Lets change the battle field based on the battle.

Edit - Sephiroth, I don't just watch high rated Anime. But, either way, I will try to watch at least a little sometime soon, I hear it's really good. But that doesn't mean much, because all Mainstream Anime is considered good, obviously.
Not all mainstream is bad, You like DBZ and thats about as mainstream as it gets. Geass is considered great among most anime fans, not just the mainstream ones.

PD4FR

Smash Ace
1. Ok, it's a team thing.
Sorry, I didn't mean to sound like it was up to me, I just really thought strongly about it, and figured you guys would see my point. :ohwell:

2. I was thinking more of a city setting. Lets change the battle field based on the battle.
Glad we had the same idea. I agree: let's change the field based on the battle, and try not to give one person an advantage by doing so; it's just to even it up.

3. Not all mainstream is bad, You like DBZ and thats about as mainstream as it gets. Geass is considered great among most anime fans, not just the mainstream ones.
Hey, I didn't say it's all bad (at least I don't think I did...). I was just saying why I hadn't seen it, because when you said it was mainstream, I took it as thought you were saying I should have seen it by now.

Anyways, Quirky, do you agree on a City Setting for Light w/ DN vs. Lelouch w/ Geass?

Edit - Of course, Prof. can have an opinion, too. :p

Masmasher@

Smash Lord
Cleveland, Ohio! my homeplace but for now living i
We have already decided the winner between Ichigo and Naruto, and between Ishida and Shikamaru. Ichigo and Ishida win, for reasons stated several pages earlier.

I'd appreciate if you contribute to the relevant fights at hand: Arucard vs. Lucy, and Light vs. Lelouch with Geass. These fights are not as one-sided as you may think: you can just read the past pages and understand that. Quirky is analyzing Lucy, and I'm analyzing Arucard; we will post our full details in this thread later, then cross-examine. We may act out a fight, too, as suggested by Sephiroth.

Don't worry about Ichigo and Ishida; we are putting all of the winners we accumulate in a bracket where they will fight.

Edit - Sorry Mods, but a double post is necessary soon....
my last take on this. what i saw was "ichigo is broken" whoopee (end sarcasm)
then i saw some detailed writeups of the match seemingly giving naruto the overall victory
IDK it just seems that there was some legit points following naruto outclassing ichigo.
so im gonna go the way of the ninetail boy.
continue on though :)

PD4FR

Smash Ace
my last take on this. what i saw was "ichigo is broken" whoopee (end sarcasm)
then i saw some detailed writeups of the match seemingly giving naruto the overall victory
IDK it just seems that there was some legit points following naruto outclassing ichigo.
so im gonna go the way of the ninetail boy.
continue on though :)
Fair enough; I can't say I was around when they were doing Naruto vs. Ichigo.
I did do major work on Arucard vs. Lucy, though, along with Quirky and Sephiroth.

Right now, just to fill you in, we are debating Lelouch with his Geass vs. Light with a Deathnote: not as one-sided as you may think. This battle is in a city-like setting, to give Light a fighting chance. :)

quirkynature

Smash Ace
Lets change the battle field based on the battle.
Great idea. Light v Lelouch on Cell's battlefield wouldn't be a very good...fight?

Although, from what I understand of Code Geass, Lelouch doesn't live in Japan, unlike Light. I don't know what's the take on this, but define 'city'.

Side note: I'd like Hei (Darker than Black) battling somebody. In the near future. If possible. Just a suggestion. ^_^

PD4FR

Smash Ace
Great idea. Light v Lelouch on Cell's battlefield wouldn't be a very good...fight?

Although, from what I understand of Code Geass, Lelouch doesn't live in Japan, unlike Light. I don't know what's the take on this, but define 'city'.

Side note: I'd like Hei (Darker than Black) battling somebody. In the near future. If possible. Just a suggestion. ^_^
Hei is possible, as is anyone we suggest.

Perhaps we could put them both in a city outside of both of their home countries?

I think the majority has ruled on one more case so far: The setting is a city. Where that city is and the layout of it is under debate.

Sephiroths Masamune

Shocodoro Blagshidect
They both live in Japan (almost every anime is) but the difference is, that Code Geass is set in the near future (they still have cars, boats, and planes, but they also have these robot like weapons called Nightmares), and Death Note is set in the present.

To even it out the setting is modern day Tokyo and both know the city as well as they normally would.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Isn't Lelouch like anti-Light? He has a mask to block his face, and he also uses 2 fake names. lol

Sephiroths Masamune

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Well, I think Light is good at manipulating people without having to use geass, so I'm sure that he could figure out Lelouch's name somehow. The real problem I see is that Light would have to see Lelouch's face to kill him.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Lelouch lived in Japan for a long time.

Lelouch and Light both need visibility of each other's faces in order to guarantee a kill, but the futuristic tone of Code Geass is going to be hard to meld into the present timeframe of Death Note.

Keep in mind Lelouch is a great tactioner and manipulist even without his Geass.

PD4FR

Smash Ace
That sounds reasonable.
I agree. Lelouch wins with a slight advantage.

Quirky, your opinion?

We can start thinking of the next matchup, I think, even if we aren't 100% done with this one.

quirkynature

Smash Ace
I really don't know anything about Lelouch, so I don't know his potential.

Light, while smart as all hell, is worthless without his Death Note.

However, even in a city setting, he couldn't figure out L's true identity quickly enough. It took him an entire manga series to do it. He's smart, sure, but is he Lelouch smart?

I'm going to defer to those who've seen Code Geass. 55:45 Lelouch it is.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
It wasn't meant to be taken seriously but it could provide some insightful discussion.

If Lelouch even bothered Shikamaru would just paralyze him with Shadow Possession so he couldn't move his eye.

quirkynature

Smash Ace
Kenpachi (Bleach) v. Roronoa Zoro (One Piece).

Kenpachi doesn't have the advantage of Shikai and Bankai or Flash Steps to attack from behind resulting in speedblitz zomgwtfpwnlolhax!!11!

Zoro is one of the Eleven Supernovas--one of the two without a Devil Fruit powering him up.

Kenpachi is the Eleventh Division captain--one who became so by defeating the previous captain without having attained Shikai or Bankai. He does, however, have a massive reiatsu.

What do you guys think?

PD4FR

Smash Ace
^Yeah, Lelouch vs Light = Lelouch. We're just waiting for the OP to change. Any Ideas about the next match?
OK.

The next match? The first thing that comes to mind is Alexander from Hellsing vs. Dante from Devil May Cry. Quirky and I are familiar with Alexander, and you are familiar with Dante, right?

I can see Alexander standing a chance because he can cut Dante up if he's not very careful. Alexander is excellent with his infinite amount of knives.

I don't know, maybe my love of Hellsing is making me think Alexander has a chance when he doesn't? :embarrass

quirkynature

Smash Ace
Alexander from Hellsing vs. Dante from Devil May Cry
Let's go with this.

For the match after this one, can we go with Zoro v. Kenshin? Both should be on an equal-ish footing. XD

As for Alexander v. Dante, I'm going to go with Alexander on this one because of two major factors: regeneration (he regenerated from a bullet in the head) and holy barriers and consecrations.

Of course, he comes equipped with the whole shebang: super speed, super strength, blah blah blah.

As Iscariot's "trump card" and the seemingly only one who can successfully stand up to the fiendish Alucard, I'd say Alexander has the win in this.

DISCUSS!!

PD4FR

Smash Ace
Let's go with this.

For the match after this one, can we go with Zoro v. Kenshin? Both should be on an equal-ish footing. XD

As for Alexander v. Dante, I'm going to go with Alexander on this one because of two major factors: regeneration (he regenerated from a bullet in the head) and holy barriers and consecrations.

Of course, he comes equipped with the whole shebang: super speed, super strength, blah blah blah.

As Iscariot's "trump card" and the seemingly only one who can successfully stand up to the fiendish Alucard, I'd say Alexander has the win in this.

DISCUSS!!
These words should be bold, CAPITAL, underlined, and colored.

You raise a very good point, seeing how Dante is a half-demon.
For anyone who does not know, Alexander can stop, weaken, and restrain his opponents with pages of the bible, and he can prevent his enemy from leaving an area with them, too.

By the way, where is this battle taking place, the Cell Games? I think that limits some of Alexander's abilities, somewhat.

quirkynature

Smash Ace
By the way, where is this battle taking place, the Cell Games? I think that limits some of Alexander's abilities, somewhat.
I really doubt that'd stop Alexander. Besides, given the fact that he can stop virtually any attack Dante throws at him, I'd say it's fair enough.

This battle seems extremely skewed to me, because of the aforementioned reason. The fight will go exactly as Alexander wants, because Dante is half demon.

For all those pro-Dante, what can he bring to the table that lessens, or negates, the massive advantage Alexy has?

I'm pro-Alexander.

XD

PD4FR

Smash Ace
Point taken.

I'd really like to see this battle as fair as possible, so either a pro-Dante person would have to enlighten us of something we're overlooking, or maybe we could limit Alexander's "bible abilities" slightly?

Edit - Of course, I'm pro-Alexander, too. :)

quirkynature

Smash Ace
Limit Alexander's abilities.
Let's not forget that he has regeneration in his arsenal, too. The Piccolo rule comes into effect because that guy regenerated from a bullet to the head with nothing to show for it.

We should pit Alexander against Alucard...oh, wait...

XD

Top Bottom