• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Real mothers play melee. *Updated* Friendlies on Page 1 Stitchface 2 added

F1SHY

Smash Apprentice
I wished my parents played Melee...
You've got something special there. I'm also pretty happy to see that she knows Brawl sucks.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
yeah for the 1st 12 years of my life I was terriblely afraid of horses, because I thought that they would eat my hair till I rode a horse named purple. I nearly cried but for the fact I was at cAMP

fLoAtiN

Smash Cadet
yeah for the 1st 12 years of my life I was terriblely afraid of horses, because I thought that they would eat my hair till I rode a horse named purple. I nearly cried but for the fact I was at cAMP
wouldn't 'brown' be a more suitable name for a horse than 'purple'?

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Goddammit ICG, now I'm associating my childhood memories of that movie with animal cruelty, **** you man, you ruined my childhood.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
No I ruined smash boards. I'm worse scared than you you weren't *****, beaten for 2 years at an all black school and didn't turn racist, mental issues(maybe countless I started painting in my blood one day and I made a smiley face), all the pink floyd, fears my mom gave me, being uber short to the point where even in middle school I was so short I was sat on a few times on the bus sits, how after that I felt all the pain and twisted it into my own H*** spilting my mind in to me and anto me where I would loose control of my mind and the antime would inflict so much mental pain as possible.

Plus I know for a fact i've focred some of my childhood out of my mind.

My mind is the worse thing of all.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
No I ruined smash boards. I'm worse scared than you you weren't *****, beaten for 2 years at an all black school and didn't turn racist, mental issues(maybe countless I started painting in my blood one day and I made a smiley face), all the pink floyd, fears my mom gave me, being uber short to the point where even in middle school I was so short I was sat on a few times on the bus sits, how after that I felt all the pain and twisted it into my own H*** spilting my mind in to me and anto me where I would loose control of my mind and the antime would inflict so much mental pain as possible.

Dude......you should go see somebody.:urg:

jugfingers

Smash Champion
wow your mom is awesome,

of course she would be welcome in the community, tell her to hit up the peach boards and watch some armada vids lol.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
I really believe mindgames are more important than tech skill(as long as you have the bare basics). compare hugs to silent wolf if you want.

LLDL

Smash Hero
Yeah, most Armada matches I've seen are simple combos that just string together because of his reads. Armada's really technical but most peaches I've seen don't do anything outstanding from each other.

double post @crashboards.com

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
Spam_Arrows

i think everyone is jealous of you now. especially me

;.;

Massive

Smash Champion
Every sitcom ever says you'll start hating melee the more your mom likes it.

I sincerely hope they're wrong, and I hope she brings homemade cookies to tournaments.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I think they were not never right actually.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
My regret is that I lent three of the best SNES games I had to some friend and he never gave it back. :[ And hes in... well might be finishing his 4 years at the army.

PB&J

Smash Hero
vid is too good,best quote from the vid was "brawl suks".."you just made my day,lol"..too good..she should go to apex and enter

BluePeachy100

Smash Champion
Dude, you're never too old. I'll be playing Smash till I'm 69, son. Your mom is too good at this game, plus she knows what's up with how bad Brawl is, and SuperKnight, man, you're lucky. Legit.

The Star King

Smash Hero
I swear to god my mom would be amazing at smash since she's good at video games in general, but she doesn't really want to play Smash =/

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
I ran this thread by my mom she is pretty happy about the feedback. She may actually pop up in apex who knows.:psycho: The best part about the "Brawl Sux" Is that it was 100% unprepared or rehearsed. I just asked the question during taping and she responded naturally:laugh: I couldn't help but lmfao. I am going to train her as far as she can go. I'm not exactly a pro peach but I know most tricks with her so whenever I play against her no more 1 on 1's her peach vs my pichu:chuckle:. I'll try to have her somewhat ready if she decides to go to tournament. I'm kinda afraid because she could end up being goood:urg: What would happen if she started taking out people in pools....no worse what if I got matched against my mom and lost O_____O!

Mota

"The snake, knowing itself, strikes swiftly"
I don't see why not. Some TOs are pretty old.

You're never too old to have fun.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I ran this thread by my mom she is pretty happy about the feedback. She may actually pop up in apex who knows.:psycho: The best part about the "Brawl Sux" Is that it was 100% unprepared or rehearsed. I just asked the question during taping and she responded naturally:laugh: I couldn't help but lmfao. I am going to train her as far as she can go. I'm not exactly a pro peach but I know most tricks with her so whenever I play against her no more 1 on 1's her peach vs my pichu:chuckle:. I'll try to have her somewhat ready if she decides to go to tournament. I'm kinda afraid because she could end up being goood:urg: What would happen if she started taking out people in pools....no worse what if I got matched against my mom and lost O_____O!
It would basically be you losing to a family member. It also would mean you taught her well. : D

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
I believe peach can chain throw pichu or at least tech chase with down-throw. Peach when good is easily one of pichu's hardest match-ups at least 3rd hardest right after ice climbers. At lleast for me. marth is to easy to fight :p compared to most match-ups.

It's really good to play as a mindgame based charcter in my option so you can teach it to other people you play as. My pichu helped me read better as otgher people.

RainissoLink

Smash Cadet

Cool story, bro.

Also this vid made my day

AXE 09

Smash Master
whatwhatWHAT?!?!?!?

Dude!! Your mom actually has basic skill down, and I can tell that she could get more advanced if she really wanted to. I can't believe I just watched a mom play melee lol. I was pretty entertained.

I fully support the idea of her joining the smash community. This is both funny and amazingly awesome at the same time lol

xbombr

Smash Ace
I'm going to laugh when I hear a story about someone trying to make fun of TC's mom when she goes to a smash tourney and she 4 stocks them in the first round Armada style.

Your mom is really good. I think it'd be kinda cool to see some parents in the smash community.

Edit: I doubt anyone would actually make fun of her though. Everyone I've met so far has been really cool, so I wouldn't worry about taking her to anything.

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
teach her to play as captain falcon. **** everyones **** up

;)

Top Bottom