• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Real Men Use Items: Sakurai Explains the Friends List on Brawl

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
i also didn't waitup until 4 am... so i'm not pissed... :p

but althought i wasn't really expectinfg a great update (just hoping for it) this, ,indeed, is the worst update that at least, should have been double with a nice musica ¬¬

i mean,, the friend list was obvious and all of the said there was already said in the online update... nothing new...Nothing at all! XD

i'm guessing that tomorrow update will be "Press Start" and it will explain how you should press start button (a different explanation with each kind of control) to get rid of the starting screen and start to navigate trough the menus ¬¬

Oh, and if Real Men uses items ... Ha , take that! you "tourney legals" :p

Lemon Drop

Smash Lord
I read the update 3 times through and I can't find anywhere him mentioning how many friends we can add to are friendslist.

Time/SpaceMage

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0190-1986-7622
It's in the first picture, where it says "0/64".
You know, it's funny because at first I misread "Skrai" as "Scrah". At least he gets to have a 5-char name...

Lemon Drop

Smash Lord
So obvious and I still miss it ...

I wonder how many colors are used to indicate connection rate

So I'm guessing:

Blue - Best
Green - Good
Red - Bad

oxyborb

Smash Ace
NNID
oxyborb
3DS FC
4124-5009-7204
SAKURAI USES ICE CLIMBERS!!!

hahahahaha, that pwns. Sakurai knows which character is best. yes he does. ice.

the update should have been a character.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Hmm? So many people mad. It's like they were expecting something that would certainly happen yet there was nothing that actually suggested it...

Anyways, the update is fun simply because of the "Real Men Use Items" comment, though you should know, it's Sakurai's mysterious friend Nate. 8D

NukeA6

Smash Master
Real Men Use Items

Real Men Use Items

I can care less what the elitists think.

pablovirus

Smash Journeyman
Wait, real men use both Peach and Items? I'm confused now.

WHyyyy SAKURAIIIIIIIiiiii

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Well, at least the update made the Wifi more better. Because you didn't know what conection reading at first.

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
*licks the tears of everyone whiner and person who expected a mind blowing update*

That's what happens when you're cultural-centric. Your tears are so yummy and good. >:D

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
I can't believe people honestly expected something huge. I figured there was a chance that the update *might* have been a character (newcomer), just due to the recent pattern. Well, I was not disappointed by the update, at least it wasn't something we learned at E for All, or Metaknight's special moves again.

Shiny Ivysaur

Smash Journeyman
Alright, stop. Lets discuss the update, there are already a thousand casual vs. competitive threads. Go flame in one of those. Anyway, stop staying up for updates. They won't be as epic as you hope, and staying up will only make them uber disappointing. Just find a few minutes when you wake up to check the dojo. The drought will have seemed to end. K? K. K.

Zek

Smash Ace
This is what people get for getting their hopes up for an arbitrary date yet again. Not only was it not a playable demo or whatever crap, it was about as far from that as you can possibly get - a total non-update that didn't tell us anything new that wasn't already obvious from the original Wi-Fi update(oh, except for connection colors). The Dojo is a harsh mistress.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
I figured there was a chance that the update *might* have been a character (newcomer), just due to the recent pattern.
That's what I thought, that there was a *chance*, but I didn't expect something huge. I was disappointed anyway. It makes me wonder now what they're waiting for.

D

Deleted member

Except for the "Real Men Use Items" quote, this update was worse than "You Must Recover" in my opinion

Livvers

Used to have a porpoise
BRoomer
*licks the tears of everyone whiner and person who expected a mind blowing update*

That's what happens when you're cultural-centric. Your tears are so yummy and good. >:D
<3

I enjoy these kinds of updates solely for the reactions of people here.

I treat the Dojo more as a "random facts about Brawl" site with some bonuses slapped in. Saves a lot of disappointment and caring.

Hellbeing

Smash Journeyman

I wonder what those lines say in the original update.......
Seems quite different.
Nate's first 4 symbols say Furendo, or "friend" (cuz thats how katakana works. And because im only in japanese 3) im pretty sure the rest says "lets be" (although im not sure).

Top Bottom