• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Real Men Use Items: Sakurai Explains the Friends List on Brawl

Kraid Guy

Smash Lord
I am a minion of Ridley and live on the Space Pira
That would be a hell of an update, and it should've been there with all the time Sakurai's been getting himself (one example = this update). But I like the part with three different taunt speeches. I'll right something like this:

BLOOGA BLOOGA I SMASHED YOUZ!!!

or maybe:

Remember the name!

:laugh:Don't flame me for all the room this took up.

TMS

Smash Journeyman
today I was hoping for: brawl on shop channel, 2 new chars, 1 subspace, and a galaxy stage.............................and boy, was i dissapointed.
Wow, you were expecting way to much. Try not to do that from now on.

gamer8

Smash Lord
Dang it man.... I NEED A GOOD WEEK! Worst day in my entire life today, had to make excuses once again to get out of presenting my freaking projects...

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Lol Kraid guy you aint a minion of Ridley... : P

Real men don't hind behind items and use their skill to win a match.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Good.

And you know how I got banned? Well... lets just say considering you cannot leave the update discussion you don't quite realize the influence of Ridley here.

Kraid Guy

Smash Lord
I am a minion of Ridley and live on the Space Pira
.....I don't get it.:******:

OK, if anyone has funny taunt syings for Brawl, post them here. Be as creative as you like, because you're the ones saying them, not me. Maybe one like:

"You have been terminated."

IDK, I'm not very good at it. OK, let's see what you guys have got.

Discuss. Please.

Myst007_teh_newb

Smash Journeyman
Why hasn't anyone been hating on the fact that THERE IS NO MATCH CUSTOMIZATION WHATSOEVER? I mean, really. There isn't even a hint at it.

How to WiFi:
by, Sakurai

- Enter Friend Code
- Find a host
- BRAWL!

He also goes on to say: "Yes, simple. Simple is best."

I may be jumping the gun on this, but I still have my doubts. Nintendo, after all, has never been so keen as to WiFi and the Internet.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
You are jumping to gun on this very much. Of course you are not just gonna "Brawl" that would be just to plain stupid for Sakurai.

KnightHazuki

Smash Rookie
Why hasn't anyone been hating on the fact that THERE IS NO MATCH CUSTOMIZATION WHATSOEVER? I mean, really. There isn't even a hint at it.

How to WiFi:
by, Sakurai

- Enter Friend Code
- Find a host
- BRAWL!

He also goes on to say: "Yes, simple. Simple is best."

I may be jumping the gun on this, but I still have my doubts. Nintendo, after all, has never been so keen as to WiFi and the Internet.
He don't even show the Character Selection Screen, so, yes, he is hiding the facts.

Just got now that there will be a 5 character limit, I'm glad my parents gave me a small name :) (Eric ;) )

Rash

Smash Ace
Yeah, obviously you are given match customization of some sort at some point in the matchmaking process. Maybe after you hit "Brawl."

I don't know about you guys, but I actually enjoy these kinds of updates as much as, say, Assist Trophies. To me it's great seeing new pics of the interface of the game and whatnot.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Reel mean fuse timz
or
Reel mean iooze timz

my version of real men use items XD

anyway this update was lackluster, expected more, but gotta love the whole comment and humiliating taunt messages, simply awesome...

FreakyVoiceDude

Smash Apprentice
It's better than nothing, and showed me how the interface would look. Beyond that...We're officially on time that Sakurai borrowed. According to that timer program...67 days left once midnight hits.

This game better rock...As is I'd have bought it, with this extension I want to see some awards, some amazing n characters, and enough extras to keep some parties going. I want this thing to have a dang 'Everyone speaks British' mode for whenever the heck I feel like it.

...Yes, I read Ctrl+Alt+Delete...

Fluff

Smash Cadet
yay for friends...? especially since all mine come to play smash on my 60 inch tv, so the friends list is almost completely worthless for me >_< still a nice feature though

Terrorcon Blot

Smash Journeyman
Let's see what we've learned from this:

- Each name profile gets 64 friend codes for it.
- Your taunts are completely customizable, not like Pokemon Diamond/Pearl where you enter in preset words.
- You can see the status of your friend's connection, so you know if your fight will be with a good connection or a bad.
- 3 known statuses of friend lists: Online, Looking for Brawls, and already in a battle.
- New views of various interface screens.
- New shot of how improved the graphics are. Notice the Mario vs Peach shot at the end, compared to the first shots of Battlefield/Mario. Especially the shadows.

I think we got a decent amount of information from this update.

Nj Hudz

Smash Apprentice
yay for friends...? especially since all mine come to play smash on my 60 inch tv, so the friends list is almost completely worthless for me >_< still a nice feature though
60 inches? you mustve found the "widescreen support" update more usefull than this crapola!!!:chuckle:
PS- way to look on the bright side Terrorcon Blot!!!!

Turtlefox

Smash Cadet
I'm still wondering if you can change settings online =/ You know, like taking out items, setting stock, etc.

Judging from the screenshots, it just doesn't seem like it'd bring you to a screen where all that crap can be setup.. You can probably do it with friends though, right? Hopefully.

Sorry if this has already been clarified.

Fanewgie

Smash Ace
Pretty much entirely a slap-in-the-face update, though the quotes were cute.

I see the color orange and feel a sharp kick in the nuts these days. Really.

Let's hope this is just a small dip in a better week. Brawl will probably lose all hype to me if the draught continues into this month. I think the only update to get my heart racing and put me in "I WANT THIS GAME" mode during November was Wario-Man.

The Hypnotist

Smash Lord
I bet you sakurai was reading these threads and realized that the competitor's players logic was better than the casual players theory so because he felt bad for him, he gave them this "real men use items (and play stupid games that are based on luck that a 6 year old can do well at)" ****.

Misto-Roboto

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
MistoRoboto
3DS FC
3780-9079-0504
Switch FC
3912-9000-6921
I'm still wondering if you can change settings online =/ You know, like taking out items, setting stock, etc.

Judging from the screenshots, it just doesn't seem like it'd bring you to a screen where all that crap can be setup.. You can probably do it with friends though, right? Hopefully.

Sorry if this has already been clarified.
It's very possible it just wasn't fully explored. I'd hold out on the worry until we hear soemthing on item settings.

Terrorcon Blot

Smash Journeyman
I bet you sakurai was reading these threads and realized that the competitor's players logic was better than the casual players theory so because he felt bad for him, he gave them this "real men use items (and play stupid games that are based on luck that a 6 year old can do well at)" ****.
Poker. Blackjack.

Myst007_teh_newb

Smash Journeyman
Poker. Blackjack.
This would be fine except for the fact that there are random exploding crates,in Smash Bros., which is the main argument that people have against using items in tournaments. Items would be all fine and dandy if there weren't exploding crates killing you while you charge up your smashes.

It's the equivelant of playing poker and someone slaps the cards out your hands and screams 'YOU LOSE!'. There is no way to predict it or prevent it.

The random factor brings luck into play and if luck can be avoided, then it should be. If the NBA had a switch to turn off injuries, then they would, right? We were given the item switch for that reason.

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
How did I post in the wrong topic. Anyway, I am happy with the update. We at least learned something we didn't know from E for all.

johniam22

Smash Rookie
Sorry if this question has already been answered,but what happens if you host a 4 player free-for-all with three of YOUR smash friends, and your three friends aren't smash friends but joined your game. Will it let you play..?

Top Bottom