• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Real Men Use Items: Sakurai Explains the Friends List on Brawl

ricydafrog

Smash Journeyman
yeah i honestly didn't expect anything for dec. 3rd but that was absolutely ridiculous. even if it wasn't on the previous release date it wa an awful update. this could so easily be found in the instruction manual and shouldn't be found on the dojo

Miamisportsfan45

Smash Lord
Real men use items? hahaha. Mind games without actually even being online. I'm tempted to put this as my Brawl Comment for online.

Edit: I just noticed that this was a revived thread that died out after the release... why would anyone post in a thread that's been inactive for.... eh, idk, 2 months? lol.

Adamant21

Smash Rookie
LOL. Real men use items. That kind hurts my manhood then. XD I don't use items. But when I do, i use the crap outta them. lol

JackieRabbit5

Smash Journeyman
if items are in play, might as well use them to ur advantage even thought they can turn u into a total jerk :p
but true skill is measured w/out items

White Pikmin

Smash Journeyman
There is this machinamia or something called smashtasm (Youtube) and in the videos everytime, their are no items. this game was meant to have items in it, or else they wouldnt put them in here!

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
When I put items on, my sig. stage is Wario Ware Inc., that stage is awesome with items. ^o^

SSBbo

Smash Journeyman
If you wanna see opinions about items a thread for ike,"i write for my friends" just finished a discussion about items, how all are easy to avoid, and how intermediate players think they're great because they don't use them.
awesome players and crappy n00bs alike use items. intermediate players dont?! WTF?!

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
I still mension it to my brothers occasionally. Whenever someone says "Real men use items", I respond,
Real n00bs use items! <--- By the way, this is my friend code message.
Playing with items on high is admittedly stupid. Playing with items on low is a beautiful mix of item use and character skill.

But if you lose to a "n00b" when using items (when playing on low)... who's the n00b?

BTW, nice Samurai Jack sig. Ahh, the memories...

Golem the Stern Father

Smash Champion
TyfighterLAND. Location#2: Illinois? Yeah.
Playing with items on high is admittedly stupid. Playing with items on low is a beautiful mix of item use and character skill.

But if you lose to a "n00b" when using items (when playing on low)... who's the n00b?

BTW, nice Samurai Jack sig. Ahh, the memories...
I see where you're going. Let me touch on something quick.

This phrase that my brothers decided to put for our friend code message. My brothers think that items are a horrible addition to SSB (one of them thinks they shouldn't have been in the game in the first place). Now, I don't extremely dislike items, but when it comes to a match, 1 on 1, items can extremely favor the losing player. I just want no Johns, or some cat will come out of nowhere and attack innocent girls.

Oh, the Samurai Jack thing, I have a little cling-on to that. My sig contains the top cartoons ever seen, in my opinion.

#4 Spongebob Squarepants (who doesn't like underwater goofballs with wacky adventures and greasy foods?)
#3 Invader Zim (Zim is foolish, but hilariously evil; GIR takes the cake as the funniest cartoon creation ever!)
#2 Samurai Jack (somehow, Cartoon Network was able to put together so much contrast together so beautifully, with a somewhat silly and evil antagonist, Aku, and the great Jack, this series never ceased to amaze me)
#1 *in my profile picture* (having two younger brothers, and because this has been around for so long, this claims #1 for life connections; their wacky adventures never ceased to distract my attention)

Secret #5 DBZ (no explanations necessary) I just didn't have room to put a picture =/

Top Bottom