• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Read THIS before asking how to do something - Terms and Advanced Tech

NixxxoN

Smash Master
Alright, that's what I was assuming you had to do. Yea, I do method one but with ps3 controller I do it either way.
Method 3: Use a keyboard with soft flattened keys and enjoy watching your opponents getting frustrated because you escape all their combos.

DMoogle

A$
A friend explained to me his method of DI which is SOOOOO much better than the smash DI I used to do. He will hold the joystick in the direction he wants to go, then with his right hand he will basically shake the controller right and left (if he wants to DI up or down) or (easier) shake the controller up and down (if he wants to DI to the right or left). Once I got the hang of it, which didn't take much time at all since it's easy to implement, my DI effectiveness shot up.

Method 3: Use a keyboard with soft flattened keys and enjoy watching your opponents getting frustrated because you escape all their combos.
Keyboards are dumb and not real smash, IMO. :)

Fireblaster

Smash Lord
A friend explained to me his method of DI which is SOOOOO much better than the smash DI I used to do. He will hold the joystick in the direction he wants to go, then with his right hand he will basically shake the controller right and left (if he wants to DI up or down) or (easier) shake the controller up and down (if he wants to DI to the right or left). Once I got the hang of it, which didn't take much time at all since it's easy to implement, my DI effectiveness shot up.
What the hell
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
That's an interesting way of doing smash DI

NixxxoN

Smash Master
Keyboards are dumb and not real smash, IMO. :)
Keyboards are not dumb because they are not a real advantage over controllers. You may be able to DI so well but you can't do some stuff with them since you have no analog stick. Example is immediate tilts or some other precision stuff. But at least no analog stick to get fúcked up like the if you mash the original controller

firo

Smash Ace
A good way to DI for me is to do it "arcade style" which works especially good for longer combos. During a combo I use my right hand and pinch the stick with my thumb and pointer, and slide the control stick fast in a certain direction. For smash DI, you can hold your pointer near the stick and just tap it repeatedly. Although its easier to DI left than right doing this, it's still pretty effective. I still use my thumb sometimes though to DI right.

D

Deleted member

Method #6

When trying to DI a difficult direction like up or down, hold the control stick with your left hand, using your thumb and pointer finger and then vibrate your hand

infernovia

Smash Ace
can shdl only be done with jumping straight up? I find it difficult to do shdl while jumping to the front/back.

ballin4life

Smash Hero
can shdl only be done with jumping straight up? I find it difficult to do shdl while jumping to the front/back.
If you jump while holding a direction it's hard to do but still possible (has to be like frame perfect). However if you do the normal jump (jump without holding a direction) then you can move forward or backward in the air and still do it easily.

DMoogle

A$
Yeah but if you shake the controller sideways while tilting sideways you'll get good smash DI as well.
But if you did that I don't think you'd get anywhere, because you'd just be going back and forth, right?

Keyboards are not dumb because they are not a real advantage over controllers. You may be able to DI so well but you can't do some stuff with them since you have no analog stick. Example is immediate tilts or some other precision stuff. But at least no analog stick to get fúcked up like the if you mash the original controller
Insane DI + super easy pivots are real advantages. Just like having more difficult tilts and in some cases harder control is a real disadvantage.

D

Deleted member

Keyboard = better defense

Controller = better offense

also pivots are easy to do on controller

asianaussie

Smash Hero
He speaks the truth. Pivots are just a matter of practice on controller. Keyboard DI is absolutely ridiculous when you try it after playing console.

dch111

Smash Journeyman
Can Ness's baseball bat reflect a pk thunder? If so, can you have two nesses replicate the effect that two fox's do with a pk thunder? Finally, why exactly does the game crash from two foxes reflecting a pk thunder back and forth...what mechanics cause this?

Thanks.

D

Deleted member

Indeed... That shows how bad the N64 stick is
I can DI very well (in some directions with the stick)

it's just that it gets ***** and my accuracy with pulling off correct moves decrease (but still DI's well)

NixxxoN

Smash Master
I can DI very well (in some directions with the stick)

it's just that it gets ***** and my accuracy with pulling off correct moves decrease (but still DI's well)
Thank god Nintendo learnt from it and built the great GC controller

Lovage

Smash Hero
at genesis, me and SuPeRbOoM tried to open up the hotel's n64 controllers and steal their pristine analog sticks, but we couldn't find a screwdriver

SuPeRbOoM

Smash Master
actually sensei and I got a screwdriver and tried to open it, but the memory pack area was hot glued there so we couldn't get it open without breaking it lol. If you broke the n64 hotel thing it would of cost 30 extra dollars on your hotel bill =/

StealthyGunnar

Smash Champion
Add this tech to your list:

Shield Dashing - Quicly tap the control stick in one directing and press Z. You will start the initial dash and slide across the ground while shielding. DON'T press Z immediatly after the inital dash because you will role. This tech works best with Captain Falcon.

Darth Rancorous

Smash Ace

Shield Dashing - Quicly tap the control stick in one directing and press Z. You will start the initial dash and slide across the ground while shielding. DON'T press Z immediatly after the inital dash because you will role. This tech works best with Captain Falcon.
yeah, ive known about this technique for a while now. my bro mains captain falcon and he does that all the time :mad:

D

Deleted member

The secret socal technique

I think its best with Fox because his initial dash is even faster than Falcon's, but reasonably useful for almost everybody

Skrlx

Smash Champion
Luigi slideeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees with that tech

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
Not exactly...

In my location, there's alot of 'weaker' players (a few good, but alot of 'weaker'), so I can use sing as puff and easily get away with it (with them asleep), leading to rest combos. They decide to flip the coin and try to use sing against me, hoping for the same results. I simply shield the sing with Luigi, then hit them with taunt. They then are completely confused to how I was able to use taunt against them while they were singing (wasn't I supposed to fall asleep?), and makes them feel like a fool to get hit by Luigi's taunt.

It's a fun trick I do to people when I use excessive sandbagging. Believe me, there's a whole bunch of lol-worthy stuff I get away with... since they don't know how to counter it. They try exactly the same thing, and I punish them in a demoralizing or messed up way lol.

They know it's all for jokes, so no hard feelings after the match... just laughs :p

Top Bottom