• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances - Smash Ultimate Edition! Day 672: Five Most Likely First and Third Parties for Smash 6, and Final Goodbyes

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Sol Badguy

Chance: 40%

He may not be FP5 but he has a very good shot after it. Guilty Gear has a cult following in the FGC community. Arc System Works is also a notable Japanese company that doesn't have a rep yet. And TBH we might not get any 3D fighters if the problem with a Tekken rep being in is any indication.

Want: 100%.

Of course. Incredible design and has a transformation that would help make him stand out among the other Fighting Game reps in Smash.

Not rating the other guy.

Another Xenoblade rep prediction: 1.22%

Nominate Darksiders rep x5

Nemuresu

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3325-3200-4137
Sun Malote:
Chance: 50%-Arc Sys aren't any nobodies, and they've been supporting the Switch despite the rather questionable sales of the titles (not good, but apparently good enough to warrant a UNIST port). Sol himself helps by being not only a mascot, but also because his moveset is as simple as the other fighting game characters in Smash. Not to mention, after what happened with SNK, I'm really hesitant to just sleep on a prominent company like that again.
Want: 60%-I suppose he's fine. Never been a big fan of Guilty Gear, but I know it's a big deal in the FGC for all the right reasons. Not to mention the kick*** music that'd come with him if included.

Some FBI dude:
Chance: 0%-With Story of Seasons and No More Heroes, I don't see a game like Deadly Premonition taking priority.
Want: 0%-Didn't even know his game had some sort of niche following until I looked it up on Wikipedia, much less that the sequel was taken as a highlight from this September's Direct.

Nominations: Dante x5

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Sol Badguy

Chance - 10% - After Terry, I don't think they will go for another fighting game character, at least one so soon. The FGC and Smash have historically never had as much overlap compared to other fighting games, and they might have met their appeal to an amiditly small niche group already with Terry. Compared to other characters which feel like treading as much ground as possible, I don't think that he will attract much of a new audience.

Want - 20% - As someone who can't even input a QCF, the thought of another character that I can't play well being included is disappointing to me. I play smash because of its simpler control scheme, and I still can't play some of the fighters I want (I can't recover properly with the Earthbound kids, Pikachu, or Greninja). If he were included, that'd be the third character I'm skipping out on buying.

Francis York

Chance - 0% - The original game was a flop and not well remembered. While it has a sequel, coming to Switch, let's face it, almost nobody particularly knows or cares for his inclusion. He's dead in the water.

Want - 20% - There isn't much to make me want him, and the fact that he hasn't done much for video games has all I need to say. Besides, I would prefer to have the monster represent a horror game rather than the player, as I think the represent the game better.

Nominations

Kunio X5

warpenguin55

Smash Journeyman
FYM
Chance: 0%
Sad because he looks pretty cool. Google says he's published by Mircosoft, and I can't see him beating out a Steve or Master Chief. He's got a game on switch, might check it out pretty soon.

Want: 15%
He looks cool and all, but he's not the next on my list of Microsoft characters. The fact he can use different types of weapons and communicate with shadows is cool, if he got in there could some weird cross over trailer with Joker (his enemies are called shadows too. Not the same kind I know)

Abstaining on Sol Badguy because I ran out of time to do research on him and don't feel like I can give him a fair chance or want score with my current knowledge of him

Prediction: 15% xenoblade rep

Noms: Akira Howard x5

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
FYM
Sad because he looks pretty cool. Google says he's published by Mircosoft, and I can't see him beating out a Steve or Master Chief. He's got a game on switch, might check it out pretty soon.

Want: 15%
He looks cool and all, but he's not the next on my list of Microsoft characters. The fact he can use different types of weapons and communicate with shadows is cool, if he got in there could some weird cross over trailer with Joker (his enemies are called shadows too. Not the same kind I know)

Abstaining on Sol Badguy because I ran out of time to do research on him and don't feel like I can give him a fair chance or want score with my current knowledge of him

Prediction: 15% xenoblade rep

I'm not sure how Google landed that result, but it's not true.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Day over.

Rate Concept: Any new Xenoblade character.
  • Since KOS-MOS has gained a lot of traction recently, I would just like to remind everyone that KOS-MOS does NOT count as a Xenoblade character as she is from Xenosaga despite her appearance in Xenoblade 2. If you attribute her as a Xenoblade character by saying something like "KOS-MOS is a Xenoblade character so this is very likely to happen," your rating will be ignored.
Predict Sunflower from Plants vs Zombies.

I will end the day around noon EST on the 26th (exactly 2 days from now) since just about everyone here will be busy within the next few days because of the holidays.

Megadoomer Megadoomer

----------

Some songs to get into the Xenoblade mood:

Also as a bonus, some video game tracks to get into the festive mood:

DaUsername

Smash Ace
NNID
DaUsername
Switch FC
SW-1418-0536-1998
Abstaining from Sol Zangief and Guy From PS360 Game That Suddenly Got A Switch Port And Sequel A Few Months Ago.
Xeno prediction: 22%
Noms: Phoenix Wright x5

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
The series whose second rep got slaughtered by a plant
Chance: 80%
Want: 50%

I’d be open to another Xenoblade rep all full and well. Besides, the only reason Rex was a costume in the base game was because of poor timing. I’m sure Sakurai’s considering them as post-pass DLC.

Sunflower: 8%

Noms: Claude von Rerate x5

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Rex (maybe Elma?) But mostly Rex

I mean, this obviously hinges on there being first party characters next season. If it does, Rex is one of the likeliest characters, no doubt. Popular, relevant, unique gimmick, can come with a stage and music, he's made for the standards of DLC. Elma, I guess, could happen too, but she was only ever considered likely because Rex wasn't. X is way older, less successful, she's less popular, but I mean she could have a stage and stuff too.

The argument could be made that someone from the original could be included to promote the remake, but personally I doubt that.

Want: 100%
I like Rex. Don't particularly like Elma, but I'd accept her I guess.

Noms: Atari rep x5
Sunflower prediction: 3.42%

Calamitas

Smash Champion
You will know their names

Chance: 75%
Out of all the first-party series that are currently represented in Smash, I would honestly say that Xenoblade is among those that has some of the best chances to get a new character, possibly even as DLC. Elma has plenty of things in her favour - even if she's still largely ignored by most people speculating - and Rex has, as much as I would prefer it if that were not the case, a lot of popularity and Sakurai's consideration backing him up, though I don't see him happening as FP5.

Want: 50%

(I should mention that for this want score, I'm only really considering Elma and Rex as having a shot - any of their party members, or even another character from 1 I just don't see happening, Defintive Edition releasing next year or not)
See, even though I nominated this, the concept is a mixed bag for me. On the one hand, Elma is, as of right now, my absolute most wanted newcomer for DLC, bar none. On the other hand, Rex is still very much my absolute least wanted character choice, no matter in which form. Back when this thread last rated Rex I already explained how I absolutely loath this character, and my feelings since then have not changed in the slightest. This leaves my overall want score for any new Xenoblade character right in the middle at 50%.

Predicting Sunflower to get around 0.5%.

Nominating Akira Howard x5.

• Since KOS-MOS has gained a lot of traction recently, I would just like to remind everyone that KOS-MOS does NOT count as a Xenoblade character as she is from Xenosaga despite her appearance in Xenoblade 2. If you attribute her as a Xenoblade character by saying something like "KOS-MOS is a Xenoblade character so this is very likely to happen," your rating will be ignored.

No Patrick, KOS-MOS is not a Xenoblade character.

T-elos is not a Xenoblade character, either.

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
Xenoblade Rep

Chance 30 - I cant decide if Rex is out or not, but if its not him then Elma or Pyra is likeliest. If Rex is dead then that drops the percent to about a 5 for me. Not sure there's any other real picks from the series, especially since we're not including KOS MOS here.

Want 50 - I cant say I'd dislike this. XB is getting close to feeling like it could use another character. Sakurai would also be pretty excited to get Rex in so if that should happen then he'd be done very well. Dont play XB though so it's tough for me to want a rep badly.

Predict Sunflower 10% - Tough to guess here since EA has a lot of potential reps

Noms
Vault Boy x5

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
[Rerate] Sora x101
Aloy x100
Kunio (River City) x90
[Rerate] Monokuma x90
Noctis Lucis Caelum x85
[Rerate] Ryu Hayabusa x85
Ryo Hazuki x80
Mii Costume: Hollow Knight x80

100 - 51

Proto Man x75
Papyrus x75
[Rerate] Claude von Riegan x75
Concept: Atari rep x75
King Boo x75
X (Mega Man) x70
Akira Howard x70
Sackboy x68
Brian (Quest 64) x65
[Rerate] Lloyd Irving x60
Reporter & Wrestler x55
[Rerate] 2B x55
Decidueye x53

50 - 25

Dwight Fairfield (Dead by Daylight) x50
[Rerate] Bandana Dee x50
[Rerate] Phoenix Wright x45
Earthworm Jim x43
Meowth x43
[Rerate] Dante x42
Kasumi (Dead or Alive) x35
Echo: Zeraora (41e) x35
Vault Boy x35
Echo: 27e (Meta Knight) x35
Concept: Pokéball Pokémon becomes playable x30
Kazuma Kiryu x30
[Rerate] Reimu Hakurei x30
Chun-Li x28
Toxtricity x27
The Blob (De Blob) x25

Under 25

Urbosa x23
[Rerate] Crash Bandicoot x20
Concept: Devolver Digital rep x20
[Rerate] Waluigi x18
Giygas x17
Rival Pokémon Trainer x16
[Rerate] Rayman x15
Boss: Ender Dragon x14
Echo: Lord Fredrik (67e) x13
[Rerate] Skull Kid x12
Freddy Fazbear x12
[Rerate] Doomguy x10
Gex x10
Sparky (Clash Royale) x5
Concept: Overwatch character x5
Gordon Freeman x5
Black Shadow x5
Asha (Wonder Boy) x5
Nightmare (Soul Calibur) x5
Terra Branford x5
[Rerate] Monster Hunter x5
[Rerate] Isaac x5
Alucard (Castlevania) x5
Concept: Assist Trophies added in updates x5
Crypto x5
Concept: Darksiders rep x5
Chell x3
[Rerate] Andy x2
Taranza x1

Kunio and Monokuma pass Noctis Lucis Caelum and Ryu Hayabusa and tie for third place.

2B cuts past 50 noms.

Toxtricity zaps out of the under 25 club.

Today's new challengers are Crypto and the concepts of Assist Trophies added in updates and a Darksiders rep, all with 5 noms, and Gex with 10.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
New Xenoblade rep

Chance: 50%
Xenoblade is in a weird position. Rex & Pyra seemed like a lock for base game, but only got a Mii costume. Elma is the only other character that could qualify, but Xenoblade X hasn't been relevant since its original release, and is a bit... divisive, for lack of a better term. That being said, more DLC is on the way, and if we get any first-parties, I think the former would be high-priority, given their popularity.
Xenoblade has more than earned the right to have a second rep. Both Rex and Elma would bring something new to Smash, and are incredibly popular to boot. Plus, it would mean more Xenoblade music, which is always a good thing.

Nominations: Monokuma x5

BowserKing

Smash Lord
Any Xenoblade Character

Chance: 25%. Rex and Pyra has a decent chance of being in this game. Elma and Fiora also has similar chances. The question is who gets in? For that, competition is the big concern, but that does not make it impossible.

Want: 65 to 90%. Chances are, I honestly prefer it if Elma is the next Xenoblade Rep, as she would be fun to play as, with deadly skills and some new soundtracks. Then again, Rex and Pyra could be interesting choice, but I think their style would be like Pokémon Trainer. But either way, a Xenoblade Rep would be fun.

Prediction: Sunflower: 5%

Noms: 2 for Meta Knight Echo and 3 for Boss: Ender Dragon

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
New Xenoblade Rep

Chance: 60%

On one hand, Rex is the one character I could see being upgraded from a Mii costume since he was an incentive to buy the fighters pass and thus isn't just a standalone Mii costume. We know that Sakurai wanted to make him a playable character, but Chronicles 2 came out just a little too late and Sakurai didn't have enough time to add him later. DLC could easily resolve that. And Rex & Pyra are generally some of the most requested first party characters out there. With the Xenoblade Chronicles remaster coming out next year, it would be a good time for a brand new Xenoblade character to be announced. I think Rex & Pyra are the likeliest Xenoblade characters to get in. Elma could get in, but I'm not seeing it due to her game being older and Rex being much more requested.

On the other hand, Rex still has a Mii costume which hurts his chances. To me, Mii costumes are the second biggest deconfirmations behind assist trophies. It does bother me that people already had to buy his Mii costume to get him, and then now they would have to pay more to get him as a playable character. I think I may just be making a bigger deal out of this than it really is, but it's something I wanted to note.

Overall, I think a new Xenoblade rep has a good shot. I see Rex as one of the first first-party characters to get included in post-pass DLC due to his popularity and Xenoblade Chronicles earning another rep. And even if Rex is indeed deconfirmed, we still have Elma who does have some merit due to her being requested and having plenty of moveset potential. The main concern would be competition from other first party characters. However, I see Xenoblade being near the top of the priority list, first party wise.

Want: 60%

I'm not the biggest Xenoblade fan. However, I do want to see Rex and Pyra because they would make a lot of people's dreams come true and it was heartbreaking to see Rex get so close, but not far enough. Xenoblade deserves another rep and it would make the roster feel more complete. And of course there is some fantastic moveset potential.

Predictions: Sunflower - 4% (This is going to be interesting)

Noms: Crypto x10

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
New Xenoblade Character

Chance: 25% - Xenoblade is extremely popular and Sakurai loves the franchise, it's going to happen sooner or later. The question really isn't if but when? Rex and Pyra seemed obvious for the base game but were too recent and ended up as a Mii costume, while Elma hasn't been relevant since X's release back in 2015. X would be helped by a port or remaster but Monolith's efforts are focused on the Xenoblade 1 remaster, so I don't see it happening any time soon. Both due to that and the divisive nature of the game.

Rex and Pyra remain the top contendor as a duo for Xenoblade for those reasons but there are three reasons why they could be given the pass (and why I only rated a 25%). The first is that they're already a mii costume, so they might fear that people who bought the costume wasted (a very small amount of) money for his costume, only to have him be upgraded several months later. I'm sure if Sakurai planned on adding Rex as DLC he would've waited and not released the Mii costume. Second, despite not knowing the format of Post-Pass DLC, Rex will also be out of the running if they keep it Third Party (however his chances skyrocket if first party characters are on the table). Finally, Smash 6 will eventually come around (or even a port of Ultimate for the next system) and I can see first party newcomers getting the focus back for their base roster. By the time that happens, there could be a Xenoblade 3, and Nintendo might see its' protagonist as a better choice due to relevancy.

Still, whether or not it's Rex, I don't see another Xenoblade Rep being Ultimate DLC, but I definitely see a new one being part of Smash 6's base roster. I highly doubt Nintendo would leave a successful series with just one rep.

Want: 10% - While I do like Shulk (and also Riki) a a character, I can't say I'd be excited about a new rep for the series. However, I wouldn't be disappointed or distressed if another rep got in, giving it a second rep is more than justified. Either way my expectations aren't high right now, simply due to the weird state DLC plans are in right now.

Nominations:
Gex x5

Predictions:
Sunflower - 3.73%

jamesster445

Smash Lord
XENOBLADE newcomer

I was more than surprised and disappointed when no one from the XENOBLADE series appeared in the base roster. But they do have options and with Torna and the HD port of XENOBLADE 1 coming, they have an opportunity. Though I definitely have my preferences on who that character should be.

Nominations: Gex

Last edited:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Fiora, Rex or Elma

Chance 35%
Want 100%
It seems strange it hasn't happened yet. Shulk feels like the loneliest character on the roster. Xenoblade is a rising star and offers a lot of unique characters. I hope they try and get someone. I'm unsure what to make of the Rex Mii costume though, especially since it was the pass bonus. But there are other options and I feel people are sleeping on Fiora a little.

Nominate King Boo x5

Prediction 0.9%

PokéfreakofBACON

Smash Ace
NNID
PokefreakofBACON
Switch FC
SW-7469-1948-3865
Any Xenoblade Character

If the majority of the remaining DLC turns out to be third party (like I think it will actually be) then a Xenoblade character is one of the more likely options, in my eyes. I don't think Shulk could realistically get an echo, but maybe I'm totally wrong on that- either way, a unique character is definitely what we'd get, and is reasonably likely. The real question is who it'd be.

Want: 10%
I'd personally prefer Elma, since, while I don't know anything about the series, Elma is from an older game that people who played it seemed to like more than they liked Xeno 2, the game undersold, etc. Also female reps are nice. I kinda hate Rex's design, too. He looks dumb. Rex got in BotW in the form of an armor set, and he's already a mii costume... give someone else a chance.

Prediction: 0.94%

Zeraora (41e) x5

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Concept: Another Xenoblade rep

The way I see it, there are only 3 possible candidates when it comes to another Xenoblade character: Fiora, Elma, and Rex (Lora is an honorable mention but there is just no way she is getting in over Rex). In terms of who would get in, I think it'd be Rex > Elma > Fiora.

Fiora benefits from being a popular request in the Smash 4 days and the new upcoming Xenoblade 1 remake giving her further relevancy. I don't think Sakurai really cares that much about the remake enough to add another XB1 character though, especially when there are two games in the series without characters. The fact that Sakurai went out of his way to add Fiora into Shulk's final smash in Ultimate really gives me the feeling that he has no further plans for her.

Elma has a die hard fanbase and has one big advantage over Rex in that she was created without being too late for Ultimate. Unfortunately for her, Xenoblade X didn't do all that well and soon after Xenoblade 2 arrived to take the spotlight. If Elma isn't FP5 then I think she's pretty much doomed to join the likes of Micaiah and Sceptile in the popular picks released at the absolute worst time group.

Rex is without a doubt the most likely Xenoblade character. Sakurai greatly enjoyed Xenoblade 2 and is well aware of Rex's popularity since he pretty much said "sorry he couldn't be playable" during the Rex mii costume showcase in the November 2018 Direct. Sakurai has also stated that a Xenoblade 2 character could not be added in the base game due to bad timing, which makes me think if Ultimate had released a year or two later then Rex would've been a lock. Honestly I think Rex is a lot like Chrom in that Sakurai wanted to add him but couldn't due to certain issues: with more DLC arriving I think Rex is one of the frontrunners when it comes to a first party character.

Things aren't all good for Rex though: his game already has 2 mii costumes, 3 songs, and 8 spirits (one of which is Rex himself) present in Ultimate. While there is definitely more room for additional Xenoblade 2 content (especially with Torna being a thing), there is a chance Sakurai could be thinking "that's enough XB2 content to please the fans, now onto other unrepped series." If it wasn't for the XB2 content present in the base game then I'd probably give Rex alone a 70% chance of happening, but I fear that it may all come back to haunt him.

Xenoblade 2 is probably the most memorable experience I've had with a game all year. By the middle of chapter 2, I just couldn't get into it and was really regretting my purchase of the game. But after finally getting used to the combat and doing some sidequests, I really got into it and was hooked onto the story by the end of chapter 3. It's one of my favorite Switch games and one of the few games to make me tear up.

Rex has his faults for sure; for starters, he's a textbook example of a stock Shōnen hero (my ultimate XB2 pick would be Morag/Brighid but that obviously would never happen). But gameplay-wise he would be a blast to play especially since he'd incorporate Pyra and possibly Mythra as well. Also Xenoblade 2 has one of the best soundtracks in a recent Nintendo game. Seriously, just listen to some of these compositions. The Torna DLC is no exception to this, so more Xenoblade tracks are always welcome.

Lora would also be cool as I'm about halfway through the Torna DLC. I'd like to see how the tag-team combat from her game would translate into Smash. As for Fiora and Elma, I have no attachment to them but would be perfectly fine if either of them made it in.

----------

Sunflower chance prediction: 2.81%

Nominations:
2B x5

Last edited:

Ridrool64

Smash Lord
Ti-T. & Rex, or Elmo

Chance: 45%. They're not FP5 contenders but they're definitely on my shortlist for if Post-Pass is first party only. Even if third parties remain, I still believe that Sakurai would want to pull the trigger on these characters. For reasons, while Rex beats Elma in likelihood, I consider them more or less the same in regards to Xenoblade speculation.

Want: 30%. It'd probably make a YouTuber I'm a very big fan of happy. But beyond that I don't visually care for Elma and Rex's game doesn't seem like it'd appeal to me.

Lloyd Irving x 5. Sunflower is finally getting her time in the sunlight: 4.46%.

Ninjaed

Smash Journeyman
Another Xenoblade rep

Chance: 5%
Yes, this is a very low rating. Like my previous one, I was tempted to give 0% since I just don't see it happening, but I'm giving pity points. Why such a low score? Because I'm strictly talking about the DLC Fighter Pass. It appears to be a 3rd party celebration, so any 1st or 2nd party characters are instantly thrown out. It's that simple.

For the 2nd wave DLC, I'd give it a higher score but still not by much despite Sakurai's comments. Even if it's true he greatly enjoyed it, to me this comment is pure PR. Sakurai knew at that moment in time DLCs were coming. Of course the first wave had already been decided, but there was the possibility more would come even back then. Yet he gave us the consolation speech. To me, this speaks volumes - and for good reason. With the doors open to 3rd party reps, Pyra and Mythra (I'm not too fond of Rex, though I don't dislike him either) just aren't quite as appealing (and neither Nia nor Melia will ever get in, shame).

Give me Nia or Melia please! I could make do with Mythra or Malos if it came to that, but my top 2 picks are best girls from those 2 games! Also Elma but this should go without saying.

Predictions: 1.5%
This board is rather generous most of the time, but when something so out of left field is discussed, there tends to be tons of abstains and 0s. I'd be surprised if the total were higher than 5%.

Nominations: Kiryu Kazuma x5

3DSNinja

Smash Lord
Pls be Mythra
Chance:30%: Elma and Rex/Pyra/Mythra are our best options. But honestly other first parties are far more likeky.
want:100%: Mythra is my first choice, but all of them could have unique movesets. I would love a new Xenoblade stage as well, and more music would be awesome as well.
Nominations: Freddy Fazbear x5

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
Xenoblade rep

In terms of possible first party characters that could be added in post pass DLC, Xenoblade is one of those franchises that might take the spot. I'll be frank, if we get another Xenoblade character it most likely is going to be Rex, the only other strong competition is Elma and she is from a less popular and less successful game. Not to mention we had Sakurai himself say Rex would've joined the roster if his game released sooner.

The only thing that harms these characters is that Xenoblade already has content in the game, but would it really matter in terms of post pass DLC? All that content was made with the knowledge of the fighters pass, anything after the fighters pass was not planned until the game released.

Want: 90%
Hell yeah, Xenoblade Chronicles 2 is a wonderful game and Rex would be fun as hell if they implement a duo fighter mechanic with him and Pyra/Mythra. To hell with the idea that just because something is represented it means it shouldn't get more. I don't want a Rex mii costume, I want a Rex playable fighter. I'm sure many others feel the same way like me.

Prediction: Sunflower 3.74%
Nomination: Waluigi x5

Last edited:

waddledeeonredyoshi

Smash Lord
Xenoblade rep
I'm abstaining for chance on this one cause I consider Rex (and Elma to an extent) to be in too weird of a position for me to give out a proper rating.

As for want, my score for Elma would be 25% for having a mild interest in her and her game. Rex gets a fat 0% however. Neither him nor his game appeal to me for obvious reasons. For a Xenoblade rep in general I guess I should round it of to 12.5% but I do think Sakurai bias would make Rex somewhat likelier so I'll go with only 6.25%

Sunflower: 0.66%
Meta Knight echo x5

Anomika

Smash Apprentice
Lora and Jin

Chance: <1%

I don't think this needs a lot of explanation. Even though Torna sold well, the main protagonists are basically in shadow compared to Rex and Pythra. Which is a shame, because the former two are one of the cutest and lovable couple in my recent memory.

Want: 100%?

Not sure if they would fit Smash well, but my ideas were that Lora and Jin could switch places and share the health system similar to Pokemon Trainer. They could also have Switch Arts, where Lora and Jin do a unique attack when they switch places, but not abusable in disadvantage. Lora would be long range with her whips, similar to Belmonts, but she would deal low damage and have low KO power but have decent aerial mobility, frame data, good combos and tether recovery. Jin would use his sword / katana with mid-long range game, good grounded mobility and good damage and KO power, but his combo game is mediocre and is easy to juggle. His recovery would be similar to Hero's, where he summons icy whirlwinds to raise up. Either one or both of them have wall jumps.

Specials would be like Arts, where each special is some sort of art with Lora and Jin each having unique Art, while sharing Switch Art with different attack (likely down special). Like in Torna, Arts can't be used, but in this case, they can be used but are very weak until the player attacks the opponent a few times until their Art Gauge for individual special move fills up. When the Art Gauge is full, the special moves gain notable benefits. Each time an Art is used, a Special Gauge is filled (not to be confused with special moves all fighters have in Smash). It will have several levels and the strength is determined by which level the Special is, with level 4 having very high power but it takes a lot of hits and Arts to get to that level.

Stage: Any part of Torna, maybe Auresco would be nice, but it would feel weird to play on that stage without the theme for that town.

Music: bring at least the Battle Theme and maybe some of music when fighting Malos. Maybe add a remix of Auresco so that the former doesn't feel weird.

Alternate costumes: colors based on characters and blades in both XC2 and Torna.

If they actually announce Lora and Jin I would probably scream quietly (so I don't alarm my family lol) because I unfortunately don't think they'll ever join, but they'll always remain a pipe dream for me.

Last edited:

RealPokeFan11

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0818-9732-6979
Xenoblade rep:
Chance: 15%
Want: abstain

I don't feel like we're getting a Xenoblade rep considering the situation with Rex, as well as the fighter's pass coming to a close. It could happen post pass, but I have my doubts. Pyra, Mythra, and Elma are also spirits, but I think Elma has a small chance of making it, considering her fan support.

A ****ing Sunflower: 3.36%

Toxtricity x5

Last edited:

Calamitas

Smash Champion
Lora and Jin

Chance: <1%

I don't think this needs a lot of explanation. Even though Torna sold well, the main protagonists are basically in shadow compared to Rex and Pythra. Which is a shame, because the former two are one of the cutest and lovable couple in my recent memory.

Want: 100%?

Not sure if they would fit Smash well, but my ideas were that Lora and Jin could switch places and share the health system similar to Pokemon Trainer. They could also have Switch Arts, where Lora and Jin do a unique attack when they switch places, but not abusable in disadvantage. Lora would be long range with her whips, similar to Belmonts, but she would deal low damage and have low KO power but have decent aerial mobility, frame data, good combos and tether recovery. Jin would use his sword / katana with mid-long range game, good grounded mobility and good damage and KO power, but his combo game is mediocre and is easy to juggle. His recovery would be similar to Hero's, where he summons icy whirlwinds to raise up. Either one or both of them have wall jumps.

Specials would be like Arts, where each special is some sort of art with Lora and Jin each having unique Art, while sharing Switch Art with different attack (likely down special). Like in Torna, Arts can't be used, but in this case, they can be used but are very weak until the player attacks the opponent a few times until their Art Gauge for individual special move fills up. When the Art Gauge is full, the special moves gain notable benefits. Each time an Art is used, a Special Gauge is filled (not to be confused with special moves all fighters have in Smash). It will have several levels and the strength is determined by which level the Special is, with level 4 having very high power but it takes a lot of hits and Arts to get to that level.

Stage: Any part of Torna, maybe Auresco would be nice, but it would feel weird to play on that stage without the theme for that town.

Music: bring at least the Battle Theme and maybe some of music when fighting Malos. Maybe add a remix of Auresco so that the former doesn't feel weird.

Alternate costumes: colors based on characters and blades in both XC2 and Torna.

If they actually announce Lora and Jin I would probably scream quietly (so I don't alarm my family lol) because I unfortunately don't think they'll ever join, but they'll always remain a pipe dream for me.
You have a bizarre way of rating the concept of any new Xenoblade character.

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
Xenoblade rep:
Chance: 15%
Want: abstain

I don't feel like we're getting a Xenoblade rep considering the situation with Rex, as well as the fighter's pass coming to a close. It could happen post pass, but I have my doubts. Pyra and Mythra are also spirits which leaves only Elma left, who I think has a small chance of making it, considering her fan support.

A ****ing Sunflower: 3.36%

Toxtricity x5
Elma's a spirit as well.

Anomika

Smash Apprentice
I shouldn't have put so much detail but I was given the opportunity so I decided to go wild (I know I could've described this on another thread). The concept is probably TMI and the moveset could've been simpler, but after the release of Hero, I always thought how next DLC fighters could get some unique and fun gimmicks.

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Someone from Xenoblade

Chance - 7.5% - Rex was their best shot, and he missed the boat, with a costume as compromise. While I think he's one of the more likely first parties, as of now Sakurai seems to be focusing on third parties, probably because he won't have the opportunity to work on them again like this. Still, assuming another Corrin situation is avoided, this is probably the most likely first party to have a chance.

Want - 50% - I have no love for RPGs, and I've never played one to completion. Xenoblade is just one franchise that I'm not interested in, but as a new guy on the block they don't seem too bad. I really don't care much about it either way, and have officially made it my stance to put 50% on them until something really puts my views into question.

Prediction

Sunflower - 1.23% - Shouldn't we get the Peashooter?

Nominations

Kunio X5

warpenguin55

Smash Journeyman
Xenoblade character

Chance: 5%
Even with Xenoblade definitive coming out, I don't feel like this one is too likely. With Rex being completely deconfirmed by Sakurai, Elma not really being a well known character compared to him, and Pyra/Mythra probably not being separated from Rex I can't see it happening. Lora and Jin are still alive, but IDK if they're really requested

Want: 90%
I have 2 different concepts for this slot:

If The choice is Rex, then maybe he could have a Pokemon Trainer/Monado Arts special that lets him switch his blade. Besides Pyra/Mythra, Rex gets 2 other blades as a part of the story, those being Roc and Wulfric. Rex's specials could change based on which Blade he has equipped. Even his Final Smash could change, as each Blade has their own unique cinematic move in Xenoblade 2. Definetly not required though

While Pyra and Mythra both give Rex a sword, Roc gives Rex dual wielded Scythes and Wulfric gives Rex a lance. Maybe Rex attacks faster but with a shorter range with Roc, middle ground range and speed attacks with Pyra/Mythra (who would be separate choices, probably with one doing more damage but the other with higher knockback), and Wolfric's attacks give up speed for extra range and some power. It's been a while since I've played Xenoblade 2, but I think that matches up with the playstyles of those blades relatively well. Roc for speed, Wulfric for longer range and a small power boost, Pyra/Mythra with one granting kill threat and the other being a damage dealer.
You could also do something like Roc(Wind Attribute) giving a better /combo game, Wulfric(Earth Attribute) giving a better ground game, and Pyra/Mythra still do a Brawl/Melee style attack.

If Pyra/Mythra are chosen without Rex, then maybe they could have a Zelda/Sheik sort of thing going on where one lays down the damage and the other kills. Rex could even show up to perform their Final Smash, Burning Sword/Sacred Arrow.

Lora/Jin would be cool, but not amazing imo, and I really don't care for Elma.

Predict: Sunflower 3%

Calamitas

Smash Champion
I shouldn't have put so much detail but I was given the opportunity so I decided to go wild (I know I could've described this on another thread). The concept is probably TMI and the moveset could've been simpler, but after the release of Hero, I always thought how next DLC fighters could get some unique and fun gimmicks.
That's not it. You seem to have completely misunderstood what's being rated today. You were supposed to rate the chance of any Xenoblade character, no matter who it is, making it in as DLC, not pick one Xenoblade character and then rate them.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Day over.

Rate Sunflower from Plants vs Zombies.

Predict Heihachi from Tekken.

Day will end on Friday at 8 pm EST.

Megadoomer Megadoomer

----------

Some songs to get into the photosynthesis fighting mood:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Man, don't make Lucas fight this guy

Chance: 0.5%
I don't follow why this was nominated instead of the Peashooter. I might not have played the fancy big Garden Warfare games, but I did play the first two PvZ games when they came out and I'm pretty sure the most iconic plant and the first one you got is the Peashooter. Aside from that, PvZ is one of the rare huge mobile games to actually not be a trash fire of microtransactions, and even made a successful(?) transition to the console space. On the other hand, Angry Birds is king of the mobile space, you know, they got two movies and such. Also, from what I could find, Japan didn't get every game in the series: 2 did make it there and so did the card game, and maybe the third main game and the third Garden Warfare, but that's not a great track record and I wouldn't be surprised if Japan just didn't care at all. Finally, they're EA, and while EA is probably the single major company with the least potential candidates for Smash, I think Commander Shepard and Isaac Clarke are still very strong competition.

Want: 0%
Let's just say I wasn't too happy the last time a plant joined the roster. Honestly I'd get why a PvZ character got in (not Sunflower, but someone), but I wouldn't be excited at all.

Though if I can pay to remove the Plant and have it replaced by a PvZ plant I would, no doubt.

Noms: Atari rep x10
Heihachi: people will say crap about his VA's passing like it hasn't been debunked, and mention KOS-MOS as if she ever had a chance, so a very low 28.54%

Last edited:

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
Piranha Plant’s Best Friend (maybe?)

Surely Sakurai must know about EA’s scum-ridden business practices. I’m sure he’d never support a company that micro-manages literally everything and makes it worse (unfortunately, this goes for Popcap. Which is a shame, because I used to play their games a lot as a kid).

Want: .5%
I used to be scared of Plants vs. Zombies when I was little when I first saw my middle brother get a game over. I got over my fears because of Plants vs. Zombies 2, during my middle school years. Of course, that was when I was unaware of EA’s smarmy tactics and using Popcap to make their IP’s into cash cows. So out of respect for Popcap (and my younger self’s innocence), I must deny Plants vs. Zombies anything an entry into Smash.

Heihachi: 80%

Noms: Claude von Rerate x5

Last edited:

Ninjaed

Smash Journeyman
Sunflower

Chance & Want: 0%
It's one of those franchises I couldn't care less about. Not just that, but Piranha Plant already fills the niche so what could there be left? "If it's not fun, why bother?" That mentality extends to introducing new characters (that aren't echos). I fail to see why Nintendo would choose Sunflower, of all possible reps, as a DLC fighter.

Predictions: Heihachi - 13%
The only potential Tekken rep, he could get in but there are a few factors going against him.

Nominations: Kiryu Kazuma x5

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
[Rerate] Sora x101
Aloy x100
Kunio (River City) x95
[Rerate] Monokuma x95
Noctis Lucis Caelum x85
[Rerate] Ryu Hayabusa x85
Ryo Hazuki x80
Mii Costume: Hollow Knight x80
Concept: Atari rep x80
King Boo x80
Akira Howard x80

100 - 51

Proto Man x75
Papyrus x75
[Rerate] Claude von Riegan x75
X (Mega Man) x70
Sackboy x68
Brian (Quest 64) x65
[Rerate] Lloyd Irving x65
[Rerate] 2B x60
Reporter & Wrestler x55
Decidueye x53

50 - 25

Dwight Fairfield (Dead by Daylight) x50
[Rerate] Bandana Dee x50
[Rerate] Phoenix Wright x45
Earthworm Jim x43
Meowth x43
[Rerate] Dante x42
Echo: Zeraora (41e) x40
Vault Boy x40
Echo: 27e (Meta Knight) x37
Kasumi (Dead or Alive) x35
Kazuma Kiryu x35
Toxtricity x32
Concept: Pokéball Pokémon becomes playable x30
[Rerate] Reimu Hakurei x30
Chun-Li x28
The Blob (De Blob) x25

Under 25

Urbosa x23
[Rerate] Waluigi x23
[Rerate] Crash Bandicoot x20
Concept: Devolver Digital rep x20
Giygas x17
Boss: Ender Dragon x17
Freddy Fazbear x17
Rival Pokémon Trainer x16
[Rerate] Rayman x15
Gex x15
Crypto x15
Echo: Lord Fredrik (67e) x13
[Rerate] Skull Kid x12
[Rerate] Doomguy x10
Sparky (Clash Royale) x5
Concept: Overwatch character x5
Gordon Freeman x5
Black Shadow x5
Asha (Wonder Boy) x5
Nightmare (Soul Calibur) x5
Terra Branford x5
[Rerate] Monster Hunter x5
[Rerate] Isaac x5
Alucard (Castlevania) x5
Concept: Assist Trophies added in updates x5
Concept: Darksiders rep x5
Chell x3
[Rerate] Andy x2
Taranza x1

Atari rep, King Boo, and Akira Howard all join the top seven, tying with Ryo Kazuki and Hollow Knight Mii Costume for seventh place.

RealPokeFan11

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0818-9732-6979
A ****ing sunflower
Want: 25%

And here we have a character that's known best for sitting in place and pooping out sun every few seconds. While I love the PvZ series, most of the plants, and especially Sunflowers, don't have that much moveset potential. Let's see all of the games that Sunflower is used in to find some moveset potential.

PvZ: Generates 25 sun every few seconds. (None)
PvZ 2: Generates 50 sun every few seconds. (None)
PvZ Heroes: Generates one sun for the Plant Hero every turn (None)
PvZ Garden Warfare: Shoots sun bursts at enemies, heals teammates, drops a heal flower to heal herself and teammates, and roots herself in the ground to fire a laser. Comes in multiple variants that all have different effects. (Found it!)
PvZ Garden Warfare 2: All of the above.
PvZ Battle for Neighborville: All of the above minus the variants.

Problem 1: Sunflowers have zero moveset potential outside of the Garden Warfare series. While other notable sunflowers such as Solar Flare exist outside of GW, she doesn't do much outside of summoning other plants and occasionally using one of her superpowers. The next problem that hurts Sunflower's chances is the Peashooter, the mascot of PvZ that actually attacks opponents. In Garden Warfare, he has a super jump for recovery, becomes a gatling gun, and can drop an exploding Chili Bean... ok. It just makes more sense to add the Peashooter over the Sunflower if Sakurai were to even add a PvZ character in the first place. And the final problem: EA. The series was originally created by PopCap, but the company was bought out by EA because they're Mr. Krabs the gaming company. Despite how greedy EA is, they haven't been very scummy with the PvZ series at all, outside of PvZ 2, which is sometimes begging for money, but the game isn't too bad. I don't see Sakurai and Nintendo working with EA anytime soon, and I think it's better that way. The only EA series I would be OK with getting into Smash is PvZ, and that's why I gave a 25%. Peashooter would've gotten about a 65% mainly because of moveset potential and being an icon.

Heihachi: 22.63%

Toxtricity x5

Last edited:
Top Bottom