• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances - Smash Ultimate Edition! Day 672: Five Most Likely First and Third Parties for Smash 6, and Final Goodbyes

3DSNinja

Smash Lord
Predictions:
Monster Hunter, rather obviously
Danganronpa: Ports, and maybe DR4. If we're lucky.
Not Smash.
Klonoa Encore
If we're lucky, Golden Sun finally gets the annoucement. It is Camelot, so it'd fit here.

Nominations: Klonoa x5

Lyncario

Smash Ace
Partner Showcase livestream edition

A new Monster Hunter game is a given, considering how Capcom said it would be shown before TGS
And also Bravely Default 2. I searched a bit and they don't have it on their TGS schedule, so yeah, I think that we will see it there.
Doom Eternal, maybe.
I feel like we will se Silksong. Just a gut feeling, I guess.
And the last 2 are more from my wishlist, but I really want to see stuff about Touhou Luna Nights and Bayonneta 3.

Nominations: Pokemon Mystery Dungeon content x5

waddledeeonredyoshi

Smash Lord
Monster Hunter is the only one that's a given. Maybe NMH1 too since that apparently leaked not long ago.
Bayonetta 3, Bravely Default 2, Doom Eternal, Silksong, etc are all possibilities but none of them are certain. These partner showcases are not easy to predict.
I do have to say, this Direct being livestreamed probably means there's something they really don't want to shadowdrop and that makes me think there's an actual non-zero chance of Smash being there.
I'll likely be wrong on that but I wouldn't be suprised if it did actually happen.

Deltarune concept x5

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Nintendo Partner Direct predictions:
  • No More Heroes 3 trailer/teaser and update
  • Something about Bravely Default II
I'll be honest, I no longer have many expectations at all and I'm especially unsure when it comes to partner companies at current so I don't have anything too wild.

Want something wild? Let's go with a new Lego title.

Nominations:
Lu Bu X 5

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
September Partner Showcase Predictions:
  • New Monster Hunter
  • Some news on either Bayonetta 3 or Bravely Default 2, but not both
  • Mass Effect Trilogy Collection that got leaked the other day
  • Tomb Raider Collection which also got leaked a while back
  • No More Heroes 1 port
  • No Smash, though if for some reason it were to happen then my bet is on Monster Hunter since I feel the new game will be the highlight of the Direct
  • This Partner Showcase ends up being the most well-received of the three so far (I mean it can't be any worse than the first one... right?)
Nominations:
Zelda (BotW Universe) x5

Last edited:

Calamitas

Smash Champion
I'm going to do any predictions. The past two ones were just such resounding mehs to me that I'm not even gonna bother catching this one live.
Actually, wait, I'm gonna do one (1) prediction: No Smash news.

Nominating Concept : A Bravely Default character x5.

BowserKing

Smash Lord
Prediction: If they were to do Smash news, Emma character would most likely be from a Third Party franchise or from an Indie Game. If there is no Smash News, we better get a direct.

I also expect trailers from games promised in E3 2019

Noms: Echo: Dark Bowser (14E)

Lionfranky

Smash Lord
  • Monster Hunter
  • Bayonetta 3
  • Doom Eternal along with first dlc

That's about it.

Nom: Neptune from Neptunia x 5

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Alright so now we're doing Direct reactions.

Overall it wasn't too bad. Showed a decent amount of cool games.
  • I've yet to get into the Monster Hunter series but I might give MH Stories 2 a shot.
  • Rune Factory 5 and Disgaea 6 were also to see.
  • Ori and the Will of the Wisps shows that Nintendo and Microsoft are still working with each other. Neat.
I give the Direct as a whole an 8/10.

Also the special treatment Monster Hunter got in this Direct reminded me of the kind Dragon Quest got in the February 2019 Direct 🤔

Nominations:
Zelda (BotW Universe) x5

amageish

Smash Master
Okay, Direct reacting time! Woo!

• Monster Hunter looks like Monster Hunter. I'm not a fan myself, but it's cool to see it go back to its roots after World. Also definitely a huge get for Nintendo in terms of exclusives...
  • Disgaea 6 as an exclusive is also a big get... or so I would say, if it wasn't randomly on PS4 in Japan but not elsewhere? That's just weird...
  • I honestly didn't even realize Rune Factory 5 was originally dated to be a 2020 game; I think I had subconsciously given up on that already. Either way, looks great.
  • Ori is cool both for its own sake and how it confirms Microsoft is continuing to port games over, as they said they had no plans to continue doing so after the first Ori game...
  • Nice to see the Japanese and English directs being largely the same content-wise, albeit in a slightly different order. Definitely helped make things feel less padded overall.

So, yeah. It was solid overall.

Noms: Moogle x 5

Blankiturayman

Smash Journeyman
Liked most of the stuff in it, really. Which is nice. Highlights for me were:
The finally officially announced Monster Hunter Rise - haven't played a MH in a while but this one looks fun.
Disgaea 6 - Looks neat, I dig the designs, the 3D will probably take a bit to get used to but it's still close to the older designs so that's cool.
Ori - Mostly because Microsoft is still willing to collab with Nintendo which is pretty interesting.
More Balan Wonderland - I like what they showed, release date is a few months away but that's cool by me.

Not much to say on the rest, although I personally think the Hunter's chances for Smash are about the same as before, being promoted a lot does help. I suppose we'll see in due time. Overall, I'll give it a 7/10.

Nominations: Zero (Mega Man) x5

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
9/17 Partner Direct Reaction

• I'm very hyped for the two Monster Hunter games. I have been a Monster Hunter fan for several years now and I support Monster Hunter for Smash so this just makes me pumped all around.
  • Ori 2 was a pleasant surprise. I still need to play the first game though. I should get onto that sometime soon.
  • It's nice to see Sniper Elite 4 be on Switch. I won't buy it since I already have it on Xbox One, but hopefully this leads to Sniper Elite 5 in the future. And from we saw, the game looks really good for being on Switch.
  • Disgaea looks interesting. I don't know much about the games, but I am looking forward to that free trial.
  • This presentation reminded me to add Hades onto my wishlist. It looks fun and is right up my alley with the Greek mythology theme and the hack and slash dungeon crawler gameplay.
Overall, this is hands down the best partner showcase yet. There were several notable announcements and even some of the smaller titles impressed me. 8/10

Noms: Arthur x5

Last edited:

Lyncario

Smash Ace
This partner showcase was alright, though there was nothing in it that was truly outstanding to me. 7/10, Monster Hunter, Rune Factory 5, and Disgaea 6 are all good anouncements, and Ori 2 is also nice. In the end, I still prefer the SMT direct we had back in June.

Nominations: Pokemon Mystery Dungeon content x5

Mr. MR

Smash Apprentice
9/10
A mini-direct that announces a Monster Hunter direct right after!
For me Monster Hunter stole the show. I couldn't even pay attention to the other stuff that much because my brain was going over the first trailer reveals. It looks like they took all the best gameplay improvements from MH World and added more exploration options and it's ALL ON THE SWITCH! Wow this is incredible. On top of all of this, Monster Hunter's chances of a Smash inclusion are on the Rise and now we have new hunter mechanics exclusive to Nintendo. A more mobile hunter fits better in Smash. That Great Sword was looking like an Insect Glaive lol.

Noms: Lu Bu x5

SharkLord

Smash Hero
7/10
Overall, pretty solid. Nothing jumped out at me too much, but Monster Hunter Rise looks like a great jumping-on point and I'm most likely going to get it. Ori, Rune Factory, and Hades look pretty cool as well, think I much check them out at some point too.
Also, Disgaea looks absolutely ludicrous. The **** were those guys smoking?
Nomination: Klonoa x5

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
That was probably the best of these partner showcases, in terms of size and variety of games. Though I liked the last one better, more stuff that I cared about. My thoughts are:

• Well, Monster Hunter is indeed a thing. Rise is looking kinda rough graphically imo, though it might be just the settings they showed off, the monsters looked alright. Stories 2 looks better. I never quite got into MH though, so it means very little to me.
• Disgaea, Rune Factory, Sniper Elite: huh. Cool.
• Weird to see Fitness Boxing 2. Not only did I not know that it had done well enough to warrant a sequel, but also that's a Nintendo game. Why was it on the Partner Showcase? Guess it might not have made enough of a splash on its own as a shadowdrop.
• Balan Wonderworld is my jam. Everytime they show something about it it only makes the game look better. And a release date! Awesome!
• The highlight for me was Ori 2 on Switch, definitely thought we were missing out on that one. Dunno what Microsoft's doing releasing their best exclusives of the generation on a rival console, but their loss is my gain. Shadowdrop's too bad, I'd hope it'd get more press, but oh well.
• There was probably other stuff but I don't remember it.

Overall I'd say it was a 6/10
Noms go to Jason and Sophia

amageish

Smash Master
Weird to see Fitness Boxing 2. Not only did I not know that it had done well enough to warrant a sequel, but also that's a Nintendo game. Why was it on the Partner Showcase? Guess it might not have made enough of a splash on its own as a shadowdrop.
I also thought that was weird, so I googled it and apparently it's only Nintendo-published outside of Japan. In Japan, it's both developed and published by Imagineer - i.e., the Quest 64 people who I didn't realize developed/published Quest 64 in Japan back on Brian's day.

This company is very good at making me think their games/IPs are actually owned by other people...

BowserKing

Smash Lord
We got 2 directs on the same day which is quite surprising

The 2 Monster Hunter games looks fun, as with multiple games as well.

Overall, I’ll say 8 out of 10. Quite a fun double direct

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I also thought that was weird, so I googled it and apparently it's only Nintendo-published outside of Japan. In Japan, it's both developed and published by Imagineer - i.e., the Quest 64 people who I didn't realize developed/published Quest 64 in Japan back on Brian's day.

This company is very good at making me think their games/IPs are actually owned by other people...
Huh. Good to know. Didn't know that Imagineer was still around, either.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
I didn't catch it live, but I watched some of the trailers afterwards. I'm happy for the MH fans, they just got a FEAST for themselves. Disgaea 6's trailer has me curious: it knows it's stupid, and it embraces the stupidity, if you know what I mean. Also, BALAN WONDERWORLD RELEASE DATE!!!!! ALL ABOARD THE HYPE TRAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's pretty much all I got to say.

If we're doing nominations, then Billy Hatcher x5.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I didn't get to do nominations before the predictions day was over, so you get two updates rolled into one.

Klonoa x215
Moogle x210
[Rerate] Prince of All Cosmos x190
[Rerate] Monster Hunter x190
Concept: Content from currently unreleased game (not Spirit Events) (as of May 17th 2020) x175
Echo: Xion (Sora) x160
Concept: Deltarune content x156

200 - 151

Sakura Shinguji x155
Alex Mason x155

150 - 101

[Rerate] Frisk x150
The Stretchers x140
Billy Hatcher x135
Zelda (BotW universe) x125
Amiya (Arknights) x125
Lu Bu (Dynasty Warriors) x125
Concept: Pokémon Mystery Dungeon content x121
D.Va x115
Red (Angry Birds) x115

100 - 51

Mii Costume: Alex Kidd x80
Concept: Darksiders rep x80
Sackboy x80
Riptor x80
Hades (Kid Icarus) x80
Fulgore x79
Concept: More ATs as one new item x75
Jason Frudnick & SOPHIA x75
Neptune (Hyperdimension Neptunia) x75
Concept: Second F-Zero rep x74
Boss: Ender Dragon x73
[Rerate] Concept: Boss Rush x70
Concept: A Microsoft rep that isn't Steve or Master Chief x70
Mii Costume: Jill Stingray x69
Concept: Rocket League rep x65
Giygas x60
Stage: Bowser's Castle x56
Concept: SNES-era Final Fantasy rep x55
Dwight Fairfield (Dead by Daylight) x55
Concept: Fortnite character x55
Gooigi x55
Vi (Bug Fables) x55
Zero (Mega Man) x55
Echo (Olimar) x51

50 - 25

Echo: Zeraora (Lucario) x50
[Rerate] Jin Kazama x50
Magolor x50
John Marston x50
Jin Sakai x50
[Rerate] Monokuma x50
Ghirahim x50
Boss: Rayquaza x50
Arthur (Ghosts 'n Goblins) x35
Concept: A Bravely Default character x30

Under 25

[Rerate] Chibi-Robo x5
Cynthia (Pokémon) x5
Yarn Yoshi x5

Klonoa passes Moogle and leads the noms list. Monster Hunter ties with Prince of All Cosmos for third place. Concept: Deltarune content joins the noms list, taking Sakura Shinguji's spot.

Alex Mason's nominations number over 150.

Zero cuts past 50 noms.

Tons of newcomers joining the fray today! We have Chibi-Robo, Cynthia, and Yarn Yoshi, all with 5 noms; Arthur, with 35, and Concept: A Bravely Default character with 30.

Klonoa x225
Moogle x210
Concept: Content from currently unreleased game (not Spirit Events) (as of May 17th 2020) x175
Echo: Xion (Sora) x163
Concept: Deltarune content x161

200 - 151

Sakura Shinguji x157
Alex Mason x155

150 - 101

[Rerate] Frisk x150
The Stretchers x140
Billy Hatcher x140
Zelda (BotW universe) x130
Lu Bu (Dynasty Warriors) x130
Concept: Pokémon Mystery Dungeon content x126
Amiya (Arknights) x125
D.Va x115
Red (Angry Birds) x115

100 - 51

Sackboy x80
Riptor x80
Hades (Kid Icarus) x80
Jason Frudnick & SOPHIA x80
Neptune (Hyperdimension Neptunia) x80
Fulgore x79
Mii Costume: Jill Stingray x74
Giygas x60
Gooigi x55
Vi (Bug Fables) x55
Zero (Mega Man) x55
Echo (Olimar) x51

50 - 25

[Rerate] Jin Kazama x50
Magolor x50
John Marston x50
Jin Sakai x50
[Rerate] Monokuma x50
Ghirahim x50
Arthur (Ghosts 'n Goblins) x40
Concept: A Bravely Default character x35

Under 25

[Rerate] Chibi-Robo x10
Cynthia (Pokémon) x5
Yarn Yoshi x5

BowserKing BowserKing Lord Fredrik and Dark Bowser don't have threads, so you can't nominate them.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
I didn't get to do nominations before the predictions day was over, so you get two updates rolled into one.

Klonoa x215
Moogle x210

200 - 151

Sakura Shinguji x155
Alex Mason x155

150 - 101

[Rerate] Frisk x150
The Stretchers x140
Billy Hatcher x135
Amiya (Arknights) x125
D.Va x115
Red (Angry Birds) x115

100 - 51

Sackboy x80
Riptor x80
Hades (Kid Icarus) x80
Fulgore x79
Giygas x60
Gooigi x55
Vi (Bug Fables) x55
Zero (Mega Man) x55
Echo (Olimar) x51

50 - 25

[Rerate] Jin Kazama x50
Magolor x50
John Marston x50
Jin Sakai x50
[Rerate] Monokuma x50
Ghirahim x50

Under 25

[Rerate] Chibi-Robo x5
Cynthia (Pokémon) x5
Yarn Yoshi x5

Klonoa passes Moogle and leads the noms list. Monster Hunter ties with Prince of All Cosmos for third place. Concept: Deltarune content joins the noms list, taking Sakura Shinguji's spot.

Zero cuts past 50 noms.

Tons of newcomers joining the fray today! We have Chibi-Robo, Cynthia, and Yarn Yoshi, all with 5 noms; Arthur, with 35, and Concept: A Bravely Default character with 30.

Klonoa x225
Moogle x210

200 - 151

Sakura Shinguji x157
Alex Mason x155

150 - 101

[Rerate] Frisk x150
The Stretchers x140
Billy Hatcher x140
Amiya (Arknights) x125
D.Va x115
Red (Angry Birds) x115

100 - 51

Sackboy x80
Riptor x80
Hades (Kid Icarus) x80
Fulgore x79
Giygas x60
Gooigi x55
Vi (Bug Fables) x55
Zero (Mega Man) x55
Echo (Olimar) x51

50 - 25

[Rerate] Jin Kazama x50
Magolor x50
John Marston x50
Jin Sakai x50
[Rerate] Monokuma x50
Ghirahim x50

Under 25

[Rerate] Chibi-Robo x10
Cynthia (Pokémon) x5
Yarn Yoshi x5

BowserKing BowserKing Lord Fredrik and Dark Bowser don't have threads, so you can't nominate them.
Haha, that's my boy up there. Look at him go!
I'm gonna stop frequenting RTC after him and go out with a big writeup on him and why you should want him, so this is a good way to go, all thinks considered.

Mr. MR

Smash Apprentice
I'm gonna stop frequenting RTC after him and go out with a big writeup on him and why you should want him, so this is a good way to go, all thinks considered.
Who else is going to read my contrived ramblings?

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Who else is going to read my contrived ramblings?
Well, I'll probably pop in occasionally, but I won't actively rate. I'm thinking of starting some intro writeups, so if there's someone who catches my eye, I'll probably just post the essay so we can do something beyond butting heads over perceived likelihood. I want to introduce people to the characters, but the arguing and competitive nature just isn't for me.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

Klonoa x215
Moogle x210

200 - 151

Sakura Shinguji x155
Alex Mason x155

150 - 101

[Rerate] Frisk x150
The Stretchers x140
Billy Hatcher x135
Amiya (Arknights) x125
D.Va x115
Red (Angry Birds) x115

100 - 51

Sackboy x80
Riptor x80
Hades (Kid Icarus) x80
Fulgore x79
Giygas x60
Gooigi x55
Vi (Bug Fables) x55
Zero (Mega Man) x55
Echo (Olimar) x51

50 - 25

[Rerate] Jin Kazama x50
Magolor x50
John Marston x50
Jin Sakai x50
[Rerate] Monokuma x50
Ghirahim x50

Under 25

[Rerate] Chibi-Robo x5
Cynthia (Pokémon) x5
Yarn Yoshi x5

Zero cuts past 50 noms.

Klonoa x225
Moogle x210

200 - 151

Sakura Shinguji x157
Alex Mason x155

150 - 101

[Rerate] Frisk x150
The Stretchers x140
Billy Hatcher x140
Amiya (Arknights) x125
D.Va x115
Red (Angry Birds) x115

100 - 51

Sackboy x80
Riptor x80
Hades (Kid Icarus) x80
Fulgore x79
Giygas x60
Gooigi x55
Vi (Bug Fables) x55
Zero (Mega Man) x55
Echo (Olimar) x51

50 - 25

[Rerate] Jin Kazama x50
Magolor x50
John Marston x50
Jin Sakai x50
[Rerate] Monokuma x50
Ghirahim x50

Under 25

[Rerate] Chibi-Robo x10
Cynthia (Pokémon) x5
Yarn Yoshi x5

Am I missing something or did you not count my Miriam noms for some reason? She has a support thread owned by Guybrush so it can't be because of a lack thereof even if it's a dumb rule imo

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Am I missing something or did you not count my Miriam noms for some reason? She has a support thread owned by Guybrush so it can't be because of a lack thereof even if it's a dumb rule imo
For your nominations to count, you need to have at least two sentences of reasoning per score given, and your post didn't.

Last edited:

waddledeeonredyoshi

Smash Lord
Certainly the best partner showcase so far but taste is subjective so there wasn't really anything that excited me. Bit of a mixture of "neat" and "meh" to me.
Monster Hunter looks like a franchise that's a bit too much of a commitment for me to get into, I lack the interest for RPGs like Disgea and Rune Factory and I'm still weighing on things like Ori and Balan. The rest I pretty much have no opinion on.

Deltarune content x5

Calamitas

Smash Champion
No reactions from me. Since the past Partner Showcases already disappointed me, I didn't bother catching this one live, and it seems that I missed nothing that would have caught my interest. It's kinda cool that Nintendo also shadowdropped a Monster Hunter Direct right thereafter, but since I have no interest in this series, there's still nothing in it for me.

Nominating Concept: A Bravely Default character x5.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I'm sorry, but why? I wasn't that big of a fan, but...compared to the previous ones, wouldn't it be a bit harsh just to give it a 0?
well there wasnt anything in that direct that interested me thats why 0 and if i compare it to the previous one well it had a release date for the first KH game one switch so kudos

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Probably the best partner direct mini we've had this year even if I personally didn't care for much of it.

Never played a Monster Hunter title, but even I'm curious about Rise.

Ori, Rune Factory and Disgea no doubt made a lot of people happy, and Empire of Sin is vaguely interesting to those who like XCOM style games.

Balan Wonderworld looks like a great platformer title for kids. My partner suggested it could be the new Banjo or Hat Kid platformer where it gains a cult following.

The Long Dark actually looks pretty neat, although no doubt it'll be added to my ever growing list of games I show brief interest in but end up overlooking due to Nintendo first party titles hogging all my money.

7/10 I guess?

Nominations:
Alex Kidd Mii X 3
Lu Bu X 2

Rhyming nominations only today.

Last edited:

3DSNinja

Smash Lord
This was meh. Nothing here that I really gave a crap about, unlike SMT V and to a lesser extent the KH thing. Just a ton of annoucements that I really didn't care about.
5/10.
Nomiantions: Klonoa x5

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
Easily the best partner direct ever so far. That being said, that's like picking food over a piece of poop or moldy bread so far.

Overall nothing i really cared about here but at least they revealed stuff that I figured someone out there might like.

Noms:
Stretchers x5

RouffWestie

Smash Lord
I would say it was on par with the first one, but we had the benefit of knowing exactly how much to expect. Like SMT last time, MH seemed to be the most anticipated announcement in this one. The Switch is continuing to deliver to many different audiences. I liked seeing more of the Balan game myself, but didn't really have much interest in anything else.

Last edited:
Top Bottom