• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances - Smash Ultimate Edition! Day 672: Five Most Likely First and Third Parties for Smash 6, and Final Goodbyes

Perkilator

Smash Legend
Writing Team
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
It's with a heavy heart that I type this

Disconfirmed

Ring Fit Adventurer - 90 noms

They were really high up on the noms list, getting around 10 noms per day, so they probably would have gotten into the first or second week after the fixed schedule. I'm currently playing RFA and loving it so I was really looking forward to a rating.

Needless to say I'd advise that anyone who's nominating that character for today's rating change their noms. Perkilator Perkilator
Ah, well...R.I.P.

Bond. Soccer Bond. (Ft. Donkey Kong from the Rhythm Heaven series)

Chance for all: 50%
The Gen 8 Spirit Event certainly doesn't help any Gen 8 Mon's chances. However, in all fairness, we only got the first form of these Evolutions, so they're not 100% out of the running.

Rillaboom Want: 20%
Cinderace Want: 60%
Intelleon Want: 0%

Rillaboom would be cool for its drum and how it would work, I guess (as TKOWL TKOWL did recently), but I'm not crazy for it. Cinderace is probably more fit for mobility, if that's the right way to put it (or maybe I'm just biased towards Scorbunny line). Intelleon, though? Playstyle wise, it would probably be a spy Greninja with a slightly different playstyle, so not too big on it, either.

Other Pokémon: 0-20%

Noms: I guess...Sirfetch'd x5

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Before I do my individual ratings, I'm gonna post my thoughts on the chances of us getting a Gen 8 Pokemon rep as well as my general opinion on the Pokemon series nowadays. Both will come into play for my chance/want scores for today and the next rating.

Simply put, I don't see us getting a Sword/Shield Pokemon since we got the spirit event recently in November. The Byleth showcase was created in November and Sakurai said that the Fighter Pass 2 lineup had already been decided by then. Assuming deals had to be made with other companies and such, the final DLC lineup was most likely decided way before November; personally I still believe the entire lineup had been decided on by the More DLC announcement in September. For them to release a Sword/Shield spirit event after deciding on the lineup really makes me think we won't be seeing a Gen 8 Pokemon become playable since they would've released the spirits along with the fighter. Of course you could argue that the spirit event was to promote Sword/Shield, but Three Houses didn't get a spirit event when it released and we all know how that turned out.

As for my interest in the Pokemon series as a whole... it's not really there anymore. I'll try and keep my rant explanation as small as possible, but to put it plainly my interest in Pokemon has been dropping dramatically over the years. It started with X/Y and then I learned Sword/Shield didn't really improve over my previous issues with the series and in fact even worsened in some areas. I was willing to look past the National Dex thing since Black/White (where you were stuck with only Gen V Pokemon until you beat the story) was one of my favorite games, but nothing else about Sword/Shield is really making me go crazy over it. I'm still debating if I should pick up Sword/Shield, but the fact that I even have to think hard about such a thing as getting a new mainline game says a lot. So needless to say, I'm not really demanding another Pokemon character especially since we have a lot already.

Also I'm just gonna say it now: while I'm aware there are a lot of idiots who overblew the National Dex incident, I really can't stand how having genuine complaints with the Pokemon series means you're instantly labeled as "salty" or a "whiner."

Anyway, onto the actual ratings:

-----

"IT'S A GRASS STARTER! QUICK, FORCE IT INTO SMASH SINCE WE ABSOLUTELY NEED A GRASS STARTER!"

Chance: 0.1%
The only thing Rillaboom really has going for it is that it's a grass type and we only have one of those in Smash. Adding Rillaboom for the sole purpose of filling in such a stupid quota probably isn't on Nintendo or Sakurai's mind so I just don't see it happening.

Also I still can't believe that people wanted to see "Grookey's final evolution" make it into Smash before Rillaboom even got revealed. Are people that desperate for a grass starter that they'll support things that literally don't even exist at the moment?

Yet another reason why we should've gotten Decidueye.

Want: 0%
When Sword/Shield was first revealed I was on team Grookey. Then it's final evolution was revealed and I instantly jumped ship. I know final evolutions aren't usually the prettiest sites to see, but sweet mother of Arceus this might be the ugliest final evolution of a starter after Chesnaught. It's drum-based moveset doesn't interest me at all either.

-----

Cinderace

Chance: 0.5%
It's been promoted a lot in the anime and seems to be the most popular starter. If we're getting a Galar starter it will probably be Cinderace, but like I said I don't think a Gen 8 Pokemon is all that likely in general.

Want: 60%
Now this is a newer Pokemon I can sort of get behind. Maybe it's because Blaziken is one of my all time favorite Pokemon, but I'd be down for a cool looking fire type Pokemon that fights using its kicks. Also damn if they actually choose Rillaboom over Cinderace because we already have a final fire type evolution, I'm going to hate Incineroar even more now.

-----

Just realized Inteleon's name only has one "L" in it, but I don't want to annoy Megadoomer by changing the title again. Oh well.

Chance: 0%
Pretty much the equivalent of Dimitri and Claude during the Three Houses speculation days. There's just no way Inteleon gets in before Cinderace or even Rillaboom since both of them have more going for their inclusions.

Water types were never my thing (well except for :158:) and Inteleon is no exception to this. I'm not sure to else to say: nothing about Inteleon appeals to me at all and that's also when taking into account that I'm not really clamoring for another Pokemon rep.

-----

Chance predictions:

Obstagoon: 2.82%
Toxtricty: 14.06%
Melmetal: 1.13% (why are we still rating this thing?)
Urshifu: 15.84%

Nominations:
Mii Costume: Quote x5

Last edited:

warpenguin55

Smash Journeyman
Gen 5 starters aren't that good for fighter candidates... I would prefer someone like Meloetta, since she might be able to bring back the Zelda/Sheik transformation mechanic.
Oh I like that Meloetta Idea. For gen 5 I wasn't just referring to just smash, I meant as a whole.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Abstain. I don't feel qualified to predict Pokemon in Smash because, well... it's Pokemon in Smash. They ALWAYS play by their own rules. That being said, I would prefer Intelion of this particular batch.

Nominations: Freddy Fazbear x5

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
of all the Grass Types, Rillaboom has the least amount of competition
...What? How? If every Pokemon is competing with each other then they all have the same amount of competition. Even if you only see the other starters as competition, there's 3 every generation.
Rillaboom might be able to defeat Cinderace, but not alone.
What does this even mean? Rillaboom's getting in with another Pokemon's help? What?

Ridrool64

Smash Lord
Gex, Grassy Kong, and Peter Rabbit

Chance: Collectively, I give them a 1% chance. But I will explain that all of them are earnest picks for the game. However, I believe that the Spirit event disconfirms base game Pokémon SwSh reps (spoiler alert: I'm keeping my eye on Urshifu). Rillaboom is popular almost solely as a Smash pick because people are desperate for their individual grass starter, but I don't think that'll help. Cinderace is Gou's Pokémon* (well Cinderace's line), and if we were getting an anime pick it'd probably be whatever Ash gets. Inteleon has neither, nor does it seem to have anything from what I can tell. In general, the starters are in a bad spot for the first time in forever.

Want: 10% for Rillaboom and Inteleon, 5% for Cinderace. All three of them share the core issue of I flat out believe that Sword and Shield did not earn a character with how controversial it is, and how easy of a skip it was for me. This is the pinnacle of a soulless maximum-profits pick, especially cause I can just see the board meeting where they went with a starter because of... I dunno, higher positivity and familiarity rates? That's not Smash. At least the non-starters are a bit less easy to predict being popular. Cinderace is rated a bit lower, because... well... it's not only another Fire-type starter, but it's also another case where I just don't like the Pokémon. For the record, I'd accept it if any of them got in, but I'm not pulling for them at all, and would be perfectly fine with them stopping at Mii Costumes or base-form Spirits.

Paper Mario x 5.

Toxtricity has a good amount of popularity right now, but this didn't help for Gen 7. 4.29%. I don't see what Obstagoon or Melmetal have to offer, and at that Melmetal is a Mythical Pokémon and they don't put those in Smash. 2.54% Obstagoon, 1.00% Melmetal.

Urshifu is going to be the most interesting rating yet. And by far the highest. 22.20%.

Lionel_B

Smash Apprentice
Intelleon, Cinderace and Rillaboom :

Chance : 75-100%

We will have a representative of Sword and Shield, it is an obligation, we need a Pokémon of the current generation. If I say 75-100% instead of 100, it's because it doesn't have to be one of those 3.

Want :

Intelleon :

75%

Because with sniper-based gameplay, you can have a chance to put Decidueye as an echo.

Cinderace :

50%

I would surely have put 100% if we had had Decidueye instead of Incineroar. It is not my favorite Galar starter, but it is the one that would have the most interesting gameplay to exploit of the 3.

Rillaboom :

0%

To be clear, I sincerely wanted Decidueye, because it became one of my favorite Pokémon, not because it was a Grass Starter, so yes, that was an argument, but I did not base my desire on that, and if you tell me the opposite, I would feel insulted.

There I am sure that nobody would ask Rillaboom if Decidueye had been the Pokémon representing the 7th generation in Smash, while many hope Cinderace despite the presence of Incineroar and Charizard.

But of course, like Sakurai put Greninja and Incineroar, 2 starters that I hate (even if I might not hate Incineroar if he had not been chosen for Smash and if this fanboy had not pissed me off because "Decidueye in Smash" was a popular opinion), I would not be surprised if the 8th generation representative chosen was Rillaboom, never 2 without 3.

Other Candidates :

Urshifu : 15% (chance)/50% (want)
Dragapult : 5% (chance)/50% (want)
Melmetal : 3% (chance)/50% (want)
Decidueye : 2% (chance)/100% (want)

Nomination :

King Graham x5

Last edited:

CHAMPIONX9

Smash Journeyman
Pokemon starter:
Want 0

All this trash. Incinaroar was a mistake. All these starter pokemon suck.

Chance: Abstain

I refuse to acknowledge these second rate mons. They shoulda abandoned the three elemental starter gimmick long ago.
Just even thinking about the stupid business shill-mons is enough to make me nauseated. I've had enough of that disappointment with kencinaroar leaks and confirmation of reveal and it hurts that these ****ty mons have a chance compared to much cooler characters.

Absolutely no one would be hype for these. Give me the legendaries if you want to force another pokemon down my throat.
I am hoping Sakurai used his powers to block these 3 mons if they ever made their way onto serious territory. I at least forgive Sakurai for incinaroar because that choice was from the desire to make a pro wrestler character and not on the actual pokemon.
If we are cursed, we are getting the bunny, because that's the anime one.

BowserKing

Smash Lord
What does this even mean? Rillaboom's getting in with another Pokémon's help? What?[/QUOTE]

Don't worry, I fixed it for you

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Freddy Fazbear x275
Kazuma Kiryu x225
The Blob (De Blob) x195
Crypto x190
Carmen Sandiego x180
[Rerate] Travis Touchdown x170
Concept: Octopath Traveler rep x170

150 - 101

Reporter & Wrestler x130
Mii Costume: Hollow Knight x115
Gex x110

100 - 51

Mii Costume: Quote x95
Big Daddy (BioShock) x85
Chun-Li x85
Ryo Hazuki x80
[Rerate] Paper Mario x80
Proto Man x75
Papyrus x75
Sackboy x75
Concept: Devolver Digital rep x75
Decidueye x71
Bubsy x70
Meowth x69
Concept: Pokéball Pokémon becomes playable x68
Brian (Quest 64) x65
Segata Sanshiro x65

50 - 25

Dwight Fairfield (Dead by Daylight) x50
Earthworm Jim x50
Concept: Darksiders rep x50
Echo: Zeraora (41e) x45
Falinks x42
Gnar (League of Legends) x40
Kasumi (Dead or Alive) x35
[Rerate] Concept: Gen 8 Pokémon x35
Boss: Ender Dragon x31
Concept: DLC music packs x30
Terra Branford x28
Concept: Assist Trophies added in updates x27
[Rerate] Kratos x25
Urbosa x25
Giygas x25
Hornet (Hollow Knight) x25

Under 25

Echo: Dark Bowser (14e) x23
Echo: Lord Fredrik (67e) x19
Rival Pokémon Trainer x17
Zeraora x15
[Rerate] Jin Kazama x10
[Rerate] Agumon x10
Concept: Dark Souls rep x10
Guardian (Destiny) x10
[Rerate] Monokuma x10
Gooigi x10
Concept: Level-5 rep x10
[Rerate] Steve x10
Concept: Second F-Zero rep x10
Gran/Djeeta x10
Black Shadow x8
Taranza x6
Sparky (Clash Royale) x5
Concept: Overwatch character x5
Gordon Freeman x5
Asha (Wonder Boy) x5
Alucard (Castlevania) x5
Mii Costume: Hat Kid x5
Concept: Portal 2 rep x5
Concept: Pokémon Mystery Dungeon content x5
Sirfetch'd x5
Breath of the Wild 2 Ganondorf x5
Tick (Brawl Stars) x5
Ahri (League of Legends) x5
Otto Matic x5
Concept: New Zelda character x5
Chell x3
Magolor x3
Concept: Returning stages x3
[Rerate] Andy x2
3 Mage Sisters x2

Travis Touchdown and Concept: Octopath Traveler rep are now locked in a tie for sixth place.

Terra Branford and Hornet cast over 25 noms.

Noms: 3 for Returning Stages, 3 for Concept: Pokeball Pokémon Promotion, 2 for Decidueye and 2 for Falinks
You don't have 10 noms, so I'm gonna need you to tell me how you distribute your 5 noms.

Also, apparently today's our 400th day. That's pretty cool.
Happy 400th day everyone!

Calamitas

Smash Champion
His full name is Rillaboom Kong

Chance: 20%
A new Pokémon is always a decently safe assumption for Smash DLC, and after both Smash 4 and Ultimate gave us a starter, another starter seems to be just about a given. While I severely doubt that Sakurai and his team really care about presenting all the Pokémon types - or all the starter types, rather - equally, I doubt that they are completely blind to it. Nonetheless, I think it ultimately comes down to whether a drummer would interest Sakurai more than a football player or a spy, and that is up in the air.

Want: 30%
Out of the final starter evolutions in Sword and Shield, Rillaboom is easily my favourite. But even so. . . Sword and Shield are just games that I found (as of right now, before the expansions) to be very lacking, even outside of the entire Dexit controvery. Pokémon these games is just a far cry from what it was during Generation 5 for me. I like all three of these starters more than Incineroar, but that isn't saying much.

I saw a quadruped fan-design pre-release that looked like it could've been Fire/Electric, and I still mourn that which could not be

Chance: 15%

My reasoning is similar to above. It ultimately comes down to what concept interests Sakurai and his team the most. What helps Cinderace in particular is that its evolutionary line is, based on what I've heard, currently the most represented in the anime.

Want: 15%

Even though I picked Scorbunny as my starter, and liked Cinderace well enough, I really wouldn't care as much for it in Smash. Pokémon in general has just far more interesting concepts than humanoid *insert animal here*, which Cinderace would sadly very easily fall under. The one thing that I'd consider potentially interesting about it is that its moveset could be very heavily kick-focussed, but that isn't really much.

Incel-leon

Chance: 10%

Again, same as above. It comes down to the concept. But between all three, I'd consider Inceleon to be the least appealing. It also doesn't help that it's decently similar to Greninja in terms of design.

Want: 5%
Nah. I wouldn't hate it, but Intelleon is easily my least favourite of the new starters. Not interested.

Predictions:
Obstagoon: 0.74%
Toxtricty: 8.36%
Melmetal: 0.21%
Urshifu: 12.31%

Nomating Any Octopath Traveler rep x5

BowserKing

Smash Lord
You don't have 10 noms, so I'm gonna need you to tell me how you distribute your 5 noms.
I think that was from earlier, but anyways, 1 for most and 2 for Concept: Pokeball Pokémon Promotion. Fixed it up for you.

Brodemmars

Smash Apprentice
My thoughts on Rillaboom, Cinderace, and Inteleon:

Chance that one of them will be DLC: 70-80%

First to address whether or not the Gen 8 Spirit event disconfirms and I'd say that in the case for Pokémon SwSh it's in a grey area.

-We have yet to see the first FP2 characters, we don't know for sure if FP2 will follow any pattern established by FP1.
-While other series have had their potential Smash candidates turned into spirits, Pokémon SwSh still has the starter final evolution and a few other Pokémon that they are planning to promote later.
-I'd argue that the Gen 8 Spirit event was more of an obligatory advertisement for Pokémon SwSh than "a sign of deconfirmation", Pokémon is one of the few series that I'd imagine Nintendo would give special treatment to with both a spirit event and a DLC character. I'm also bothered by the fact that we haven't gotten any new Gen 8 Pokémon spirits since the one in November, not even for Pokémon Day.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rillaboom :

15%

Out of these three potential candidates, Rillaboom seems to have the lowest chance of being picked, I really feel that people are overestimating this pokemon's chances.

Is it the most popular Starter? Compared to the other two, no not really according to the top 30 results for Galar in the "Pokemon of the Year" poll.

https://pokemonday.pokemon.co.jp/jp/result/galar/
https://pokemon2020.pokemon.com/en-us/

#6. Cinderace (26,892 Votes)
#10. Inteleon (20,697 Votes)
#12. Scorbunny (20,058 Votes)
#14. Sobble (17,155 Votes)
#20. Grookey (13,478 Votes)
#29. Rillaboom (8,625 Votes)

In terms of designing a moveset Sakurai would have his work cut out for him. I'd feel Sakurai would gravitate more towards Cinderace or Inteleon because they would at least have more references to draw from, Cinderace would have plenty of Soccer references to work with and there's a plethora of spy movies, games, etc. for Inteleon. Both would transition into a fighter more naturally with their tools and abilities and thus would be easier to implement into Smash.

Does Sakurai care about type representation? After he chose Incineroar and provided his reasons why, nope.

If Sakurai did picked this character I'd feel it would only be because he wanted people to stop pestering him with the constant barrage of fan complaints of "We need a final evolution grass starter!", "You owe us this much after passing up on Decidueye!", "Blah Blah Blah..."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cinderace :

65%

Out of the three Starters, I'd say that Cinderace has the best shot.

The Scorbunny line has received plenty of special treatment like:

-Getting 2 signature moves and interestingly enough both Greninja and Incineroar also have 2 signature moves.
-Cinderace's Pyroball having the better base damage and most amount of effort put into its animation, at least compared to the other 2 starters.
-A Hidden Ability that's functionally the same as Greninja's
-Scorbunny receiving tons of exposure in the Anime
-Scorbunny having the most prominence in the Anime promotional material.

Its also the most popular Galar Starter, according to the top 30 results for Galar in the "Pokemon of the Year" poll. It's the 6th most popular Galar pokemon with 26,892 votes (compared to Inteleon's 20,697 votes and Rillaboom's 8,625 votes) and that's just with its base form. They have yet to release Cinderace's Hidden Ability and Gigantamax form, once people can see Cinderace at its full potential this would probably be enough to propel its popularity into Galar's Top 5.

Based on this, if the Pokemon Company, Gamefreak, and Nintendo were to pick one starter that they would want to add to Smash it is very likely that they would pick Cinderace to be the playable Gen 8 Pokemon. In fact I wouldn't be surprised if they expected it to be the most popular of the 3 Galar starters and already have plans to have it serve as the face of Galar & Smash merchandise. I mean they would have a heavily incentive to do this since only about a 1/5 of Pokemon's profits comes from game sales, in reality they make most of their money from merchandise sales (Source: https://www.tweaktown.com/news/6769...e-92-billion-tops-media-franchises/index.html).

When it comes to building a moveset, Sakurai happens to be very fickle. He needs to be able to envision how a character moves and fights before a character can even be considered. Fortunately with soccer and the Pokemon Anime there's plenty to draw from. There's even a fighting game that includes a soccer themed character (Roberto Miura from Capcom's Rival Schools franchise). Even Cinderace's Gigantamax form would be simple to implement as a final smash since it would be really easy to both design and animate, at least compared to the other 2 starters.

Inteleon (spelled with one L not two unless you're referring to the German pronunciation):

20%

I feel that Inteleon may have a slightly higher chance than Rillaboom to get in. Depending on when the Pokémon SwSh reps were chosen Inteleon might have been able to piggyback off of the height of Sobble's popularity. There's also the distinct possibility in my mind that if it were solely up to Sakurai, that he would personally go with Inteleon to pay homage to Goldeneye, James Bond, and Perfect Dark, which have had some connection to Smash in the past.

Of course, this is just my thoughts on the situation, Sakurai, however, is the type of man that you just can’t predict half the time. But who knows, maybe like how he likes wrestling, perhaps Sakurai is a big Soccer fan, he owns plenty of sports games after all and he’s aware of popular Soccer icons in Japan like Captain Tsubasa.

Cadillac

Smash Seeker
My thoughts on Rillaboom, Cinderace, and Inteleon:

Chance that one of them will be DLC: 70-80%

First to address whether or not the Gen 8 Spirit event disconfirms and I'd say that in the case for Pokémon SwSh it's in a grey area.

-We have yet to see the first FP2 characters, we don't know for sure if FP2 will follow any pattern established by FP1.
-While other series have had their potential Smash candidates turned into spirits, Pokémon SwSh still has the starter final evolution and a few other Pokémon that they are planning to promote later.
-I'd argue that the Gen 8 Spirit event was more of an obligatory advertisement for Pokémon SwSh than "a sign of deconfirmation", Pokémon is one of the few series that I'd imagine Nintendo would give special treatment to with both a spirit event and a DLC character. I'm also bothered by the fact that we haven't gotten any new Gen 8 Pokémon spirits since the one in November, not even for Pokémon Day.

Rillaboom :

15%

Out of these three potential candidates, Rillaboom seems to have the lowest chance of being picked, I really feel that people are overestimating this pokemon's chances.

Is it the most popular Starter? Compared to the other two, no not really according to the top 30 results for Galar in the "Pokemon of the Year" poll.

https://pokemonday.pokemon.co.jp/jp/result/galar/
https://pokemon2020.pokemon.com/en-us/

#6. Cinderace (26,892 Votes)
#10. Inteleon (20,697 Votes)
#12. Scorbunny (20,058 Votes)
#14. Sobble (17,155 Votes)
#20. Grookey (13,478 Votes)
#29. Rillaboom (8,625 Votes)

In terms of designing a moveset Sakurai would have his work cut out for him. I'd feel Sakurai would gravitate more towards Cinderace or Inteleon because they would at least have more references to draw from, Cinderace would have plenty of Soccer references to work with and there's a plethora of spy movies, games, etc. for Inteleon. Both would transition into a fighter more naturally with their tools and abilities and thus would be easier to implement into Smash.

Does Sakurai care about type representation? After he chose Incineroar and provided his reasons why, nope.

If Sakurai did picked this character I'd feel it would only be because he wanted people to stop pestering him with the constant barrage of fan complaints of "We need a final evolution grass starter!", "You owe us this much after passing up on Decidueye!", "Blah Blah Blah..."

Cinderace :

65%

Out of the three Starters, I'd say that Cinderace has the best shot.

The Scorbunny line has received plenty of special treatment like:

-Getting 2 signature moves and interestingly enough both Greninja and Incineroar also have 2 signature moves.
-Cinderace's Pyroball having the better base damage and most amount of effort put into its animation, at least compared to the other 2 starters.
-A Hidden Ability that's functionally the same as Greninja's
-Scorbunny receiving tons of exposure in the Anime
-Scorbunny having the most prominence in the Anime promotional material.

Its also the most popular Galar Starter, according to the top 30 results for Galar in the "Pokemon of the Year" poll. It's the 6th most popular Galar pokemon with 26,892 votes (compared to Inteleon's 20,697 votes and Rillaboom's 8,625 votes) and that's just with its base form. They have yet to release Cinderace's Hidden Ability and Gigantamax form, once people can see Cinderace at its full potential this would probably be enough to propel its popularity into Galar's Top 5.

Based on this, if the Pokemon Company, Gamefreak, and Nintendo were to pick one starter that they would want to add to Smash it is very likely that they would pick Cinderace to be the playable Gen 8 Pokemon. In fact I wouldn't be surprised if they expected it to be the most popular of the 3 Galar starters and already have plans to have it serve as the face of Galar & Smash merchandise. I mean they would have a heavily incentive to do this since only about a 1/5 of Pokemon's profits comes from game sales, in reality they make most of their money from merchandise sales (Source: https://www.tweaktown.com/news/6769...e-92-billion-tops-media-franchises/index.html).

When it comes to building a moveset, Sakurai happens to be very fickle. He needs to be able to envision how a character moves and fights before a character can even be considered. Fortunately with soccer and the Pokemon Anime there's plenty to draw from. There's even a fighting game that includes a soccer themed character (Roberto Miura from Capcom's Rival Schools franchise). Even Cinderace's Gigantamax form would be simple to implement as a final smash since it would be really easy to both design and animate, at least compared to the other 2 starters.

Inteleon (spelled with one L not two unless you're referring to the German pronunciation):

20%

I feel that Inteleon may have a slightly higher chance than Rillaboom to get in. Depending on when the Pokémon SwSh reps were chosen Inteleon might have been able to piggyback off of the height of Sobble's popularity. There's also the distinct possibility in my mind that if it were solely up to Sakurai, that he would personally go with Inteleon to pay homage to Goldeneye, James Bond, and Perfect Dark, which have had some connection to Smash in the past.

Of course, this is just my thoughts on the situation, Sakurai, however, is the type of man that you just can’t predict half the time. But who knows, maybe like how he likes wrestling, perhaps Sakurai is a big Soccer fan, he owns plenty of sports games after all and he’s aware of popular Soccer icons in Japan like Captain Tsubasa.
The "Obligatory advertisement" seems a bit off to me.
1. Like I said, TH didn't get a spirit event.
2. Astral Chain got spirits way later. (Still kinda salty about it. Would've been a cool fighter.)
3. Pokemon is very popular, and you don't really have to advertise it since at least a million sales is guaranteed for them.

Last edited:

Brodemmars

Smash Apprentice
Well like I said Pokémon SwSh is in a bit of a grey area for me, the Gen 8 the spirit event might mean something, but Pokemon has always gotten special treatment so ruling it out so quickly feels wrong. Besides we don't know what going on behind the scenes at Nintendo and it's not clear if Sakurai is being truthful about the Fighter Pass selection process, for all we know he might have said that FP2 was finalized early just so that people would stop spamming him with their character requests. Until we know more about FP2, I'm holding out for a Gen 8 Pokemon rep until both SwSh expansion passes come out. If Rillaboom, Cinderace, Inteleon, Urshifu, etc. all end up as spirits sometime down the line then I'll withdraw my opinion. However if they don't release these spirits and the SwSh expansion pass comes and goes, this would signal to me that at least something is up.

(Edit: sorry about the constant editing, sometimes when I'm tired I just find it easier to get my ideas out in writing first before trying to make sense of it)

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Well like I said Pokémon SwSh is in a bit of a grey area for me. We don't know what going on behind the scenes at Nintendo and it's not clear if Sakurai is being truthful about the Fighter Pass selection process, for all we know he might have said that FP2 was finalized early just so that people would stop spamming him with character requests. At the time Nintendo might not have been sure if Pokemon SwSh would be a success or not after the massive fan backlash over the many issues that people have criticized the game for before it came out, but despite that it's now one of the best selling games on the Switch right now. Until we know more about FP2, I'm holding out for a Gen 8 Pokemon rep until both SwSh expansion passes come out. If Rillaboom, Cinderace, Inteleon, Urshifu, etc. all end up as spirits sometime down the line then I'll withdraw my opinion. However if for some reason they don't release these spirits and the SwSh expansion pass comes and goes, this would signal to me that at least something is up.
Nintendo didn't know if Fire Emblem Three Houses would be a success and yet they still chose to give it a character and not a Spirit event. Given how Pokemon's success will always be more guaranteed than FE's, I doubt it.

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Rillaboom

Chance - 2.5% - Out of all the starters, it seems that he took off the least. While he might get a small boost due to being a grass type, which we have no solo of, overall he doesn't seem like the type they would pick. Sakurai seems to prefer the "cool dude" concept first over the others, which Rillaboom lacks compared to his counterparts. I don't think he'll be chosen.

Want - 45% - While I like him more than the other two Starters, I don't find him overly-exciting either. I do want a grass starter so I'm a bit lighter on him than the others, but he's not capturing my imagination either.

Cinderace

Chance - 6.5% - The most prominent of the starters who seems to be the one GameFreak is placing bets on. While he is likely to be chosen if we get a Pokemon, I'm not certain if we'll get one in the first place, and possible competition makes a clear winner harder.

Want - 35% - Eh, not convinced. We already have plenty of Fire users on the roster, so he doesn't feel that special.

Inteleon

Chance - 2.5% - While he has a bit more popularity and an interesting design to go with it, ultimately he feels a bit too much like Greninja to make much waves. As such, I think he's about as likely as Rillaboom; if he gains Sakurai's attention he might make it but other Pokemon seem to be the priority.

Want - 40% - Maybe he could be different than Greninja, but otherwise I'm not overly interested. I'm a bit tired of starters, and hope that things will end up a bit more interesting than what is becoming overly predictable.

Nominations

De Blob X5

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Day over.

Rate Obstagoon, Toxtricity, Melmetal, and Urshifu from the Pokemon series.

Predict Concept: Standalone stage as DLC and Concept: Echo fighters as dlc (echo pass, not part of fighters pass season 2)

Megadoomer Megadoomer

-----

Just a heads up everyone: we are almost done with the fixed rerate schedule and the top 7 highest nominated characters on the nominations list will soon be locked into the schedule. The current schedule is as follows:
  • Obstagoon, Toxtricity, Melmetal, and Urshifu [Today]
  • Concept: Standalone stage as DLC and Concept: Echo fighters as dlc (echo pass, not part of fighters pass season 2)
  • Shantae, Bomberman, and Shovel Knight
  • Amaterasu and Monster Hunter
The Shantae/Bomberman/Shovel Knight day will be the last day you can affect the results of the top 7 through your nominations so use them wisely. Afterwards the 7 highest nominated characters/concepts will be locked in and the following top 7 will take their place as the highest nominated characters.

-----

Music Post

Here are some more songs from Sword/Shield to get into the Gen 8 Pokemon mood:

Cadillac

Smash Seeker
Alright. Let's get this started.

Chance: All 1%
Like my previous post about the starters, the spirit event kills their chances. The timing was too odd. Just because FE got a special treatment doesn't mean Pokemon to get the same thing. Even then, TH didn't get a spirit event. The only exception would be Melmetal, but is he that popular? I don't think so.

Want: All 1%
Same as before. We have enough Pokemon. I just want someone from a fresh, new franchise and not one that already has 8-10 characters(Depending on how you see the Pokemon trainer). Obstagoon is just a regional evolution that happened to be introduced first. Melmetal is not really popular. Urushifu is one of those cases that people think he'll get in because he's from Pokemon, and it has a DLC coming soon. We don't know what he does yet other than he's a fighting type and has two stances. As for Toxitricity, he's better than the others but I'm not really interested with him. If we have to get a new Pokemon, someone from an older generation or Mystery Dungeons please. Grovyle and Celebi would be ok for me.

Prediction
Standalone Stage: 5%
Echo Pass: 3%

Noms: Hornet(Hollow Knight) x5

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Status update: currently dreading doing calcs for the 10+ characters since I last did them.

Anyway on with my ratings

Double zeroes for everyone

I know yesterday I ranted a lot about how I wanted Pokemon to get non-starter picks. And I do, I really do. If any of these guys got in I'd be much more pleased, just by principle. But my distaste for always-the-latest-gen representation is much stronger than my distaste for starters only. Plus, to be honest, outside of Toxtricity these are kind of lame picks. Melmetal I like their design. But he was only ever discussed because he was the first Gen 8 Pokemon revealed. Aside from that he has zero accolades, zero reason to be the one chosen. Obstagoon I haven't heard of, I dunno, maybe it's one of the popular ones and I just never knew. Urshifu is only discussed because he's from the expansion, and therefore some use him as a scapegoat from the Spirits. Personally I think that's kinda dumb, I mean what's the story here? They thought the game itself was fine to just promote through Spirits, but the expansion needs a fighter to sell it? That's improbable if you ask me. Anyway if that was really something people genuinely believed you'd see Zarude being discussed a lot more, and you don't. The only character here that I'd be cool with seeing is Toxtricity. That's a pick with more courage behind it. Not a huge fan of its design but at least it's a Pokemon that's not generically cute, and it has cool moveset potential without being gimmicky. Again, not my pick, but it's a pick I can respect.

As for chance, again, I consider Gen 8 disconfirmed. There's no reason to add Spirits from it if they were planning on adding a fighter later.

Noms: Kiryu x5
Predictions: I'm just gonna do a hail Mary and predict 0% for both

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Gonna keep these ratings brief since I explained most of my reasoning for a new Pokemon rep yesterday and to be blunt I couldn't care less about any of today's characters.

-----

Obstagoon

Random evolution of a Pokemon from a previous Gen. Why would we get this? It'd be like getting Electivire instead of Lucario.

While I always thought Zigzagoon was cute back in Gen 3, I really don't care about Obstagoon. I'm really not sure what else to say here. I just have absolutely no interest in this thing especially when there are much better Pokemon out there.

-----

Toxitricity

Apparently this thing is somewhat popular and could be the Lucario/Zoroark of Gen 8. I'll give it a bit of edge over some of the other candidates, but a Gen 8 Pokemon seems unlikely plus it'd have to compete with the starters.

I'll give it a bit of leeway since its design isn't bad and a poison/electric fighter could be interesting. But like I said yesterday I'm just not all that hyped for another Pokemon character in general.

-----

Melmetal

Was one of the most recent Pokemon around the time Ultimate first released thanks to Let's Go. That is literally the only thing it has going for it. No way it gets in over an actual Sword/Shield promotion.

Ugly design and there are just so many other steel type to choose from. I hope this is the last time we have to rate this thing.

-----

Urshifu

Could maybe happen if Nintendo decides to shill for the new Sword/Shield DLC. Like I said yesterday though I just don't see a Gen 8 rep happening because of the spirit event.

Another perfect example of "It's the latest Pokemon, force it into Smash ASAP!" I don't care about this thing at all especially since we know little about it as of now. Even when Edelgard was first revealed in the Three Houses teaser, I didn't fully support her until the game released.

-----

Standalone stage chance prediction: 11.95%
Echo fighters chance prediction: 16.83% (people are gonna be way too hopeful on this)

Nominations:
Mii Costume: Quote x5

Status update: currently dreading doing calcs for the 10+ characters since I last did them
I can help out with some calcs if needed.

Last edited:

DaUsername

Smash Ace
NNID
DaUsername
Switch FC
SW-1418-0536-1998
Gottatypereallyfastineedtostopbeinglate

Abstaining on chance for Sceptile 2: Grass Boogaloo, Greninja 2: Fire Boogaloo, and Gex because I don't have time.
Want, however is 0%
We don't need anymore playable Pokémon, we already have ten of them. While I'm sure they'd at least have unique movesets, I'd much rather we get someone from a different series. Just because it's because it's a big series doesn't mean every game needs to bring a newcomer.

Also Sword and Shield kinda sucks so there's that, too.

Obstagoon prediction: 10%
Toxtricity prediction: 40%
Melmetal prediction: 5%
Urshifu prediction: 40%
Noms: Gen 8 Pokémon x5

warpenguin55

Smash Journeyman
Melmetal:
Melmetal missed it's chance in the base roster. Now that Gen 8 is out and we already have a Gen 7 rep, I don't see a way for Melmetal to make it in.

I like Melmetal, but I don't really want him. Not when we have better options from gen 8 now.

Obstagoon
Chance: 2%
Again, I can't see it. There are just better options for a gen 8 Pokemon imo. Obstagoon doesn't have a reason to get in.

I think Obstagoon would be a better Pokeball. He could block and area of the map off and attack anyone who tries to go past him.

Toxtricity
Chance: 20%
Toxtricity has the best chance of all non-starters imo. Tox is Galar's Lucario. Its Dynamax form is the picture on the hill, there are statues of it in the water type gym town (Hulbury I think). I saw on Twitter it was also the first Pokemon to Dynamax(Fun fact, Lucario was the first to Mega Evolve). It does matter to the region so I could see it getting put in for that reason.

Want: 45%
Tox is cool. I like it better than the starters, but since I didn't use one on my team, I'm not attached to it much. I know a few people who love this Pokemon

Urshifu
Chance: 13%
It's hard to talk about Urshifu right now since we know almost nothing about it. It might be a good fit, it might play to much like another fighter already in the game. We have no way of knowing. I'm also unsure if Urshifu would even be considered seeing as how it's a DLC pokemon.

Want: 50%
All I can go off of right now is it's design. It looks alright. I don't love or hate it. I think it was too early to speculate on Urshifu.

Noms: Gnar x5

Last edited:

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
I'm abstaining today.

I don't care too much about these Pokemon to do the research to give them fair scores. Again, my interest in Pokemon has died down and while I cared enough to do research for the starters during the last rating, I'm just not feeling it today. One thing I do want to say is while I don't mind getting another rep (preferably one that represents a generation that doesn't have a playable rep), I'm more interested in new franchises at this point as I'm quite satisfied with the Pokemon roster we do have.

Predictions:
Concept: Standalone stage as DLC - 15%
Concept: Echo fighters as dlc - 11% (I agree with Sari. Some people will probably give this a fair chance since some fan favorites would probably be echoes like Dixie Kong. Despite the fact that as far as we know, the second fighters pass is the end and there will be no echo fighters in it).

Noms: Crypto x5

waddledeeonredyoshi

Smash Lord
Obstacle
Just seems like a pretty random pick in general. Don't see why it would be picked over basically any other mon from Galar. It was highlighted in a presentation and that's kinda it.

It's just gets buff lmao
Being a generic event mythical Pokemon doesn't suddenly give you Smash privilege. Also don't think the timing is appropiate. Its ship has already sailed imo.

Toxic is a pretty overused word ngl
Apparently people are calling this guy the ":ultlucario: of gen 8"? I wouldn't know. It's a fan favorite, yes but I'm not sure that matters as they would't have known by the time the lineup was decided upon.

Po would beat him in a fight
Just seems like a flavor of the month pick people immediately flocked to for some reason. With this guy appearing in an expansion pack makes the timing for him even more questionable.

Btw, the Spirit event effects all of these Pokemon as well in my eyes.

Want: 0% for all
Same reasoning as yesterday pretty much. I'm just generally not in the mood for a Gen 8 mon right now. None of these guys do it for me. I'll give them all a zero but if I would have to chose one over the other it would probably go like: Toxtricity>Obstagoon>Melmetal>Urshifu

Standalone stage: 9.22%
Echo pass: 7.46%
Alucard x5

jamesster445

Smash Lord
Chance: 50%
Want: Melmetal(40%), Obstagoon and Toxicrity(75%), Urshifu (50%)

Obstagoon and Toxcictry has a rock aesthetic which could help in their overall design and personality. Urshifu would be another fighting type pokemon like Lucario but he has a stance system which could be interesting, but I'd rather see stance systems in other characters. Melmetal is probably the least interesting looking of the bunch, but there's probably potential. I'm not sure how likely any of these are though.

Nominations: Lora and Jin/Haze x5

Perkilator

Smash Legend
Writing Team
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
Chance: Abstain All
Probably not as likely as the starters (bit unfortunate), but I don’t consider them out of the running. That said, it’s not as easy to figure out a definite chance for them, so I’m not gonna bother.

Want for Melmetal, Obstagoon, and Urshifu: 0%
Melmetal and Obstagoon have cool designs (even Gene Simmons likes the latter), but I’m not too big for them. Urshifu on the other hand? Hahahahaha NOT EVEN FIVE MINUTES AFTER THEIR REVEAL AND PEOPLE WERE MAGICALLY EXPECTING IT WHEN VOL. 2 WAS ALREADY DECIDED ON IN NOVEMBER.

Sorry if I seem to come off as angry, but it just steams my hams when people expect a character revealed for a short time to be in Smash ALREADY.

Toxtricity: 80%
Toxtricity, on the other other hand? Believe it or not, it’s one of my faves! It may not be Sirfetch’d levels of being my fave, but I’d still be joyous to see it in Ultimate!

Standalone Stages: 5%
Echo Pass: 0%

Noms: Sirfetch’d x5

Last edited:

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Once again doing a rating for all.

Obstagoon, Toxtricity, Melmetal, and Urshifu

Chance: 1%
Don't see a reason to give them anything different from the starters. If anything these characters have lower chances than the starters since there’s a much bigger pool of competition. Lucario is literally the only non starter (or related to a starter evolution line like Pichu) we’ve had that wasn’t from Gen 1. And even then it had its own movie. None of these picks really stick out to me that much to be chosen over everyone else. Like I said before, if they were going to be included then those DLC spirit event spirits would have been saved for the Spirit Board. That's why Three Houses didn't get one. Cause they were saving them for Byleth.

No more Pokemon. I would legitimately be far more pissed at another Pokemon than I ever was at Byleth. Because 1) Three Houses is at least much more relatively well received by the fanbase, unlike the many controversial aspects of SwSh. And 2) Fire Emblem only had Chrom as a newcomer in Ulitmate prior to Byleth, as opposed to Pokemon already getting Squirtle, Ivysaur, Pichu, and Incineroar in terms of newcomers/returning veterans. I’ll admit my love for Pokemon has fallen tremendously the past few generations, but honestly that makes me even more adverse to them just shoving another in for a quota.
Among series that already have characters in the game, there are just too many existing series that don't have their core characters to even consider having another Pokemon anywhere near my want list for Ultimate. And for future Smash games, at the very least pick someone like Meowth, Eevee, or Gardevoir that is genuinely popular. Not just another shill from the newest game. At this point I’m really sick and tired of Pokemon just being able to cut to the front of the line every single time while other series have to wait years and multiple games just to get their core characters in. Enough is enough.

Nom: Chell x5

Last edited:

RouffWestie

Smash Lord
Obstagoon, Toxtricity, and Melmetal
None of these characters are being marketed much. If a Pokemon is picked for DLC, it's likely not going to be just any one. It would more likely be one that is obviously being pushed.
I don't have any interest in these picks. I didn't play past gen 5 and I don't intend to. My preferred Pokemon reps are already in.

Urshifu
Chance: 5%
Urshifu is almost likely because it is part of an upcoming Sword/Shield update. However, this isn't a Pokemon Nintendo has any reason to pick over Cinderace, who was already set up to be the most popular starter. On the off chance they don't pick Cinderace, Urshifu would make sense because of its recency.
An extremely derivative and overdone concept (animal, but with a human fighting style!!) I already don't have any interest in modern Pokemon. Urshifu is just a reminder of why.

Ninjaed

Smash Journeyman
Double zeros for everyone

Obstagoon and Toxtricity were both generic pokemon at the time the FP2 was decided upon. They're already out as Pokemon has shown no particular intent on putting either on a pedestal.
Melmetal, no one cares about. Not even TPC. And it was pretty hard to get your hands on IIRC.
Urshifu might be the only one with a non-zero chance... until you think about what it could bring to Smash. A whole lot of nothing. Sakurai would've just told them he can't make something good out of it.

As for want, it's pretty much all been said both today and yesterday. I hold no love for gen 8 and Pokemon had already lost me a while back. Add to this that it's the most represented series in Smash and... yeah. Give me something else please.

Predictions:
Standalone Stages - 6.2%
Echo Pass - 0.8%

Nominations: Junko Enoshima & Monokuma x5 (I think if we do get Monokuma, it'll be with Junko despite the possible spoilers... didn't stop them with Lucina and that game was much more recent)

3DSNinja

Smash Lord
Double zeros for everyone

Obstagoon and Toxtricity were both generic pokemon at the time the FP2 was decided upon. They're already out as Pokemon has shown no particular intent on putting either on a pedestal.
Melmetal, no one cares about. Not even TPC. And it was pretty hard to get your hands on IIRC.
Urshifu might be the only one with a non-zero chance... until you think about what it could bring to Smash. A whole lot of nothing. Sakurai would've just told them he can't make something good out of it.

As for want, it's pretty much all been said both today and yesterday. I hold no love for gen 8 and Pokemon had already lost me a while back. Add to this that it's the most represented series in Smash and... yeah. Give me something else please.

Predictions:
Standalone Stages - 6.2%
Echo Pass - 0.8%

Nominations: Junko Enoshima & Monokuma x5 (I think if we do get Monokuma, it'll be with Junko despite the possible spoilers... didn't stop them with Lucina and that game was much more recent)
Except for that spoilers for Fire Emblem aren't as big of a deal do to the fact that it isn't focused on the plot. Danganronpa ks. Also Lucina being revealed is mid game, whereas Junko is at the very end of the game.

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
Melmetal
Chance 0 - Can't see this happening. If we get another Pokemon it's going to be a 8 gen rep, either if that's DLC or base game. Melmetal missed its chance pretty big. Moveset is a little bit of an issue but it could be fun, and seeing it just straight up eat a metal fighter would be hilarious. Overall yeah, I cant see this happening with the shear number of pokemon they could pick

Want 50 - Very neutral on this. Dont really care either way. Like the Pokemon but I dont feel like I need it in Smash. Like I said above eating metal fighters could be really fun and ROB beware.

Obstagoon
Chance 1 - Outside of a curveball I can't see this happening. Less popular than Toxtricity and not a starter hurts at the start. Obstagoon is fairly popular though and maybe there's something here Sakurai likes? I don't know. This is pretty damn unlikely.

Want 50 - I really like Obstagoon. He's one of my favorites from Gen 8 and was one of the first Pokemon that I wanted to play with Gen 8. I dont feel like I really need it in Smash though. Wouldn't take issue with it, but it would be a surprise too.

Urshifu
Chance 5 - Better chance than the other 2 due to the Pokemon DLC being due out this summer and fall. There's the possibility where Urshifu is too new based on when the DLC packs were decided and when the Pokemon DLC and Urshifu were created and decided. If there's a shill pick out there though then Urshifu makes the most sense.

Want 20 - Hard to get excited about a Pokemon who's not even out yet getting into Smash. I'll take it over some other picks but there's other Pokemon I'd rather get.

Toxtricity
Chance 10 - I think this is the best chance of all the non starters easily. Toxtricity has ended up as one of the most popular pokemon from the region and feels pretty unqiue all around. Also slots into the Lucario role of gen 8 pretty easily. If we get a playable Pokemon that's not a legendary or a starter I think the first place I'd look is here

Want 60 - I dont have a burning want for Toxi like I do a lot of the others I want in the game, but seeing it get in would be cool. There's some fun musical stuff you can do with him and I dont think he'd be hated. Much worse picks out there for Pokemon

Predictions:
Echos Pass - 5%
Stages - 5%

Noms
Falinks x5

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
It's a little disheartening to see how many people are writing off SwSh because, "Spirit event. Wouldn't have made one if DLC character."

I would like to point out that just because Sakurai's statement about the second pass being finalized and the SwSh Spirit event both happened in November doesn't mean the Spirits were made after the pass was finalized. For all we know, the Spirits could've been in the process of being made since late summer/early fall. The fact that we've had three first-parties in a row that recieved Spirits months after their game's release should suggest that some Spirits might either (1) require more time to make than we think, or (2) are set aside for several months as they patiently wait for their turn for a Spirit event.

I'd also like to point out that we're heading toward a very likely scenario where we won't know who the first DLC character is until E3. That's a long gap between Byleth and F6. If they already had SwSh Spirits planned or were already in the process of making them before realizing it would get a DLC character, why wait for what could potentially be more than a year between SwSh's release and the DLC character? Might as well celebrate alongside the launch of the game. It's also possible that they knew people would quickly make a connection after Byleth's reveal if SwSh never received any Spirits.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
I'm gonna sit out today because talking about Gen 8 Pokemon isn't particularly fun or interesting to me, but I think the SWSH spirit event is different than several of the others that we've had. That isn't to say a new Pokemon is a lock either, but consider that none of the Pokemon we're rating actually have spirits yet. That alone should be proof that we could very easily fill a brand new spirit board of popular and significant Pokemon.

But the concern seems to be more along the lines of "they didn't do this for Three Houses, so this is probably their SWSH representation". It's a fair assessment and I think it holds some weight, but I'm not completely sold on it.

For Resident Evil, Astral Chain, Ring Fit... the spirits we got are the characters we would have gotten as playable reps for those respective series. We don't have any of the fully evolved starters; we have their pre-evolutions, but no Cinderace, no Intelleon and no Rillaboom. So it's just food for thought, I think there's precedent to treat the SWSH event differently but if you think it disconfirms those characters then I don't particularly blame you for that either.

There are many things I'd rather have than a new Pokemon, but I just think it's something we should be prepared for nonetheless. Like I mentioned, I sat out last round but for what it's worth I think that Cinderace is the most likely Gen 8 Pokemon by a good margin.

Last edited:

Ninjaed

Smash Journeyman
I'd also like to point out that we're heading toward a very likely scenario where we won't know who the first DLC character is until E3.
Hasn't E3 been canceled this year though? Damn we're gonna wait a long time then.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Hasn't E3 been canceled this year though? Damn we're gonna wait a long time then.
Yes and no. Most announcements should be made close to when they were orginally scheduled, but all of E3's content will be broadcast digitally.

We should still get all of our Nintendo content in June from some type of Nintendo Direct.

Top Bottom