• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances - Smash Ultimate Edition! Day 672: Five Most Likely First and Third Parties for Smash 6, and Final Goodbyes

KloupLoup

Smash Cadet
Professor Layton
Chance=60%

I'm going to be honest I know next to nothing about prof. Layton mostly because puzzle games haven't historically been my thing (Besides Dr.Mario, which is one of my favorite games), but I will be honest in saying I've personally seen A LOT of support for him. I feel a music game character and puzzle game character are the biggest genres we're missing in smash. A lot of other posters have talked about the relationship between Level 5 and Nintendo, which is interesting and something I was unaware of. I'd definitely say he isn't ICONIC, but there isn't a need to be. You're gonna tell me more people would recognize shulk/most of the FE characters/most of the pokemon/palutena/and probably a couple of others more than Layton? Nah man. I also saw someone talking about him not staring in a game since 2014 like really? Unlike a lot of characters he has starred in MULTIPLE successful games, and 2014 is very recent compared to many other characters. ----You know before writing this I had him at 30%, but going by my own logic that this game is going to get support for a LOONG time, I'd rate him as more likely than not
Want=50%
As I've said I don't have any experience with the character, but he has a nice, yet simple and recognizable design, many people want him, and unlike most I kinda like that Sakurai would have to get creative with his moveset. A stage based on his series would probably be cool, and I think he'd be a character whose series could be heavily helped by smash inclusion, because I feel that it'd be a series many would enjoy.
Cooking Mama X5
Phoenix Wright pred=33%

Last edited:

Troykv

Smash Master
Professor Layton:

Chance: 25%

Eh... He's weird... It's hard to say if a Professor Layton character would benefited in the same way that Persona 5 did having that big release last year; at least Professor Layton have recovered some steam after the hiatus in 2015-2016. Positions are tight, but for once being a Third Party with a company connected with Nintendo would not only be a decent thing, but it would actually give you a good shot as DLC.

After all, the new characters that will have the game mostly fit the "exciting" and "new" criteria; and Professor Layton while not Persona 5, at least is relevant enough in people mind to makes us feel something about them.

BTW; I wonder what kind of character would we have if one of them ended up being First-Party.

Want: 50%

I don't have a particular opinion about Layton; I'm not the biggest fan of his looks, but his inventions seems to be fun :p

_____

Predictions:

Phoenix Wright: 29.5% (this will be like the Layton day right?)

Nominations:

Reimu Hakurei: x5

Last edited:

Lasatar

Smash Apprentice
Layton:

Chance: Uhh…. I.... Uhh… Really don't know. I could see him making it, but at the same time I couldn't. He's a character I don't want, but wouldn't object to. I've never played his games, but I know how popular he is. I really don't know the answer to this question. I'll just put him in the middle with a 50% chance.

Want: Like I said above, I really don't know enough about him. I wouldn't object to him, but I don't outright want to have him. I'll give him a 50% chance for want as well.

Predictions: Phoenix Wright: 30%. Popular for sure, and I'd say he's deserving enough, but he really has to compete with all the other potential Capcom reps, such as Monster Hunter, Dante, Amaterasu, Chris, and more. Plus we just got Ken. I find it a little difficult to believe he'd get in with all of this in his way, but at the same time, I wouldn't be flabbergasted if he did somehow make it.

Nominations: Reimu x5

KloupLoup

Smash Cadet
Professor Layton:

After all, the new characters that will have the game mostly fit the "exciting" and "new" criteria; and Professor Layton while not Persona 5, at least is relevant enough in people mind to makes us feel something about them.]
I mean did Sakurai say anything about that or are you just assuming based on the Joker reveal? I feel it isn't the best idea to form patterns that the other DLC characters will conform to when we only have 1 character to base it on, ESPECIALLY when it could be an outlier based soley on Sakurai's absolute love for Personna.

Last edited:

Troykv

Smash Master
I mean did Sakurai say anything about that or are you just assuming based on the Joker reveal? I feel it isn't the best idea to form patterns that the other DLC characters will conform to when we only have 1 character to base it on, ESPECIALLY when it could be an outlier based soley on Sakurai's absolute love for Personna.
Yeah sure; I think my statement was a bit too overconfident, but I still personally believe that whatever we'll get, won't be a standart Nintendo Character so don't stuff like Toad, sadly for their fans.

KloupLoup

Smash Cadet
Yeah sure; I think my statement was a bit too overconfident, but I still personally believe that whatever we'll get, won't be a standart Nintendo Character so don't stuff like Toad, sadly for their fans.
yeah that's fair enough. Personally I'm assuming (I know it's a big assumption) that there will be multiple rounds of DLC as it wouldn't make sense to only add one set of 5 characters for a game that could last as long as the switch lasts, which is probably 4-8 years and more likely 6-8 years. Even if this round of DLC is themed around new and exciting characters there will probably be other themes in possible future DLC.

waddledeeonredyoshi

Smash Lord
Hat professor
Chance: 15%
Being a character from a unrepped japanese company who's loyal to Nintendo, he seems like a sensible inclusion. However, I just don't think he fits with the approach Nintendo's taking with the DLC. It's looking to me like the remaining characters (or just the Third-parties atleast) will be characters who will make the internet explode (be it in a positive or negative way) and remain number 1 trending on Twitter for a whole day, just like joker. Layton just doesn't look like the character that would get a reaction out of people on the same scale as characters like Banjo, Steve, Leon, Doomguy or Sans.

Want: Abstain

Phoenix Wright: 34.47%
Hollow Knight x5

Last edited:

WaddleMatt

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 5950 1333 3717
Professor Layton:

Chance - 15%

Er, I'm unsure on this one but I have a gut feeling it probably won't happen but that isn't much to go off. He is, as many have said the face of puzzle games in Europe at least. Everyone I know has heard of Layton and his games still seem decently popular but not as much as in the DS days definitley. I could see it happening but I just feel there are other characters that would get in before him.

Want - Abstain

Its been way too long since I played a Professor Layton game for me to say anything here. But please if we get a Level-5 rep let it be him and not Jibanyan.

Nominations: Rhythm Girl x5

PapillonXtreme

Smash Apprentice
Professor Layton

Joker's inclusion might have boosted Layton's chances in Smash, if only for a little bit. Not to mention, Level-5's relationship with Nintendo has been good, so that really helps him out in the long run. However, there's another character from Level-5 that might hinder his chances from getting in and that's Jibanyan from Yo-Kai Watch. Another thing to consider is that with Joker, most of the third-party characters in DLC might be unexpected picks and Professor Layton might not be one, in my opinion...

Want: 90%
I love Professor Layton and his games. It's one of the puzzle games that I have been playing ever since it first came out and they're quite fun. I do believe he has a chance of making it in Smash, though only if Nintendo prefers him over Jibanyan due to being more associated with Nintendo. However, with Joker's inclusion, it's most likely they'll pick Jibanyan due to being more popular and definitely quite an unexpected pick.

Nominations:
Nero Claudius x5

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
Abstain for PL

Phoenix Wright: Want: 10%. He's an attorney, for crying out loud, which would be awesome. But not Nintendo.
Chance: Not sure. Anything is possible at this point.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Professor Layton

Chance: 45%
Maybe a bit too generous, but considering how Level-5 is one of the few remaining Japanese third parties that haven't gotten any content in Smash just yet, Sakurai wanting to focus more on unrepresented series for DLC as well as being a company that has had a lot of close ties with Nintendo even to this day along with Hino and Sakurai being on very friendly terms with each other. I don't really see that much reason for Level-5 to receive the cold shoulder for this DLC period. Especially since both Layton and Jibanyan have received fairly high demand from many fans over the years, especially when it comes to Europe and Japan.

His only real competition would be Jibanyan who might potentially make it in over him, however if that does happen, then at least it would mean that Level-5 finally managed to get their foot through the door when it comes to Smash and that Layton's future may be brighter for the next game. (Or if Sakurai decided to do a second wave of DLC down the road)

He may not be as iconic as some of the third parties already in the game. Then again, you could argue that he's at least more well known than Bayonetta and Joker since his series has managed to sell more than 17 million copies within the span of about 11 years as well as being arguably a huge icon of the DS era.

I mean try making a video talking about the history of the DS era and its games without mentioning the Layton series, It's like talking about the NES era and its games and never mentioning the Megaman series, or talking about the N64 era and its games and never mentioning Banjo Kazooie, you're bound to get a lot of eyebrow raising comments asking you about why you left said series out.

Want: 100%
He's pretty much my absolute most wanted character since the Smash 4 days and I would be absolutely ecstatic if he finally managed to make it into the game.
Layton would also bring in (Well, properly at least :ultdoc:) a whole new puzzle genre with him and having his moveset based around that would certainly bring in a lot of fun and creative ideas along with him too as It's a genre that largely gone untapped throughout the Smash series.

Nominations: Rythm Girl x5

Last edited:

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Low key suprised by how active Layton support is on here. I thought y’all died around July.

Day will end at 1

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
The Puzzle Professor

Let's see what I said before...

Eh... I've softened considerably on third parties, but I still don't think he comes anywhere close to 'icon.' I'll reiterate that his moveset would need to be 100% original (whether he's stated to be a gentleman fencer or not, unless he's actually shown doing so in the puzzles, they'll have to generate something). I really only hear people talk about him on these boards, but popularity may or may not be a factor at this point. It's honestly tough to judge.

So the only point I'll say is that I don't really see Layton coming with as much of a "HOLY ****!" factor as someone like Joker had. And thus, I'd be willing to believe that Nintendo would eschew the professor. You still see people complaning that Isabelle is a poor addition since she's not 'fighter material,' and I can imagine that Layton's hit with the same mold.

And personally, I don't know the series, I'm not interested at all, and I can think of characters I'd like more. And with only four confirmed slots, there are very few characters I'm okay with since competition is through the roof.

I'll stick to these scores.

Nom: More DLC x5
He’s actually shown to swordfight, not just during puzzles but also in cutscenes.

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
He’s actually shown to swordfight, not just during puzzles but also in cutscenes.
But that’s not what you think of when you think of Layton. When I think of Layton I see a fun puzzle based moveset. I don’t see them giving him a sword since 99% of the time, he don’t got it.

Day over rate Phoenix Wright and predict Jibanyan.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Ho-Oh, right?

Chance: 5%. What I said for Layton yesterday still applies. He's Nintendo associated, which runs contrary to what Reggie said.

Noms: Grovyle x5

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
The Great Ace Attorney...’s great great grandson

Chance: 45%
Most points for Layton also apply to him. A Nintendo guy through and through, defined an era, relatively iconic design. He also has the advantage of having been in a fighting game in case Sakurai is struggling with the moveset. The reason the chance is lower is because he has considerable competition, but let’s analyze them:

Another Mega Man character: The only characters I could see them going for are Wily and Zero, both of whom are Assist Trophies.

Chun-Li/M. Bison/Another Street Fighter character: After Ken, I don’t really think there’ll be another SF character this iteration. Plus After Reggie’s statement, well, they’re Spirits, so they’re disqualified.

Dante: Has he ever appeared on a Nintendo console? Regardless, DMCV could end up there, but it appears he has been disconfirmed by a statement by one of the people that are involved with the making of the games.

Monster Hunter: a big one, for sure, but I think he would have been in base game if it was going to happen. Also, they used to be a Mii Costume, so per Reggie they are disconfirmed.

Leon S. Kennedy/Jill Valentine/Another Resident Evil character: Definitely the biggest threat imo, as Resident Evil is a juggernaut and still very much in play. Personally, I don’t expect it to happen, as we are already getting Joker and they might not want to get another gun user for variety’s sake.

Amaterasu: Never discount her. Strong Nintendo presence, plus a cult following, plus still relevant. Has lower support than Wright though.

Viewtiful Joe: could happen.

All in all, I think Wright’s chances are the strongest out of the Capcom bunch, but I could see the spot going to another.

I love Ace Attorney. I love Phoenix Wright. Most wanted third party. Pretty obvious, I think.

Nominations Mach RiderX5

Nom update coming up.

RealPokeFan11

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0818-9732-6979
Phoenix Wrong
Chance: 30%
Want: 60%

Almost everything I said about Layton applies here. He is owned by Capcom this time, which comes with even MORE competition than Level 5. He has Amaterasu, Monster Hunter, Leon Kennedy, and more characters all competing for a spot in the fighters pass with him. Also, Capcom already has 3 reps and a boss in Smash, with one of them being an echo character. He was actually in Marvel vs Capcom, but he was more of a joke character in that game. See for yourself.
This moveset would be pretty funny in Smash, and this increased my want score for him. His games also look pretty fun despite the fact that I never played one. I'd much rather see Amaterasu, but Phoenix Wright would be pretty cool in Smash.

Jibanyan 27.92%

Reaper x5

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Over 200

Arle Nadja x290
Rhythm Girl x210
Concept: All DLC will be third-party x205

200 - 151

Nero Claudius (Fate) x190
Grovyle x160
Concept: More DLC x155

150 - 101

Mach Rider x150
Concept: Gen 8 Pokemon x146
Concept: Stages outside Fighter Pass x145
Reaper (Overwatch) x145
Reimu Hakurei x135
Kat & Ana x120
Hollow Knight x117
Concept: No fan favorite/highly requested characters x110
Professor Hector x109

100 - 51

Impa x96
Concept: Third-party character from unrepped Company x95
Boss: Kracko x85
Andy (Advance Wars) x85
Lora (Xenoblade) x80
Porky Minch x66
Sephiroth x65
Concept: SNK rep x60
Concept: Boss Rush x60
Ravio x60

50 - 25

9-Volt x49
Dark Matter x40
Creeper x37
Papyrus x35
Concept: Assist Trophy becomes Fighter x30
Spyro x27
Ninten x26
Thrall (Warcraft) x25
Frisk x25

Under 25

Boss: Perfect Chaos x20
Cooking Mama x20
Hector (Fire Emblem) x15
Pyra & Mythra (sans Rex) x15
Concept: Style Savvy rep x15
Concept: Dragalia Lost rep x10
Decidueye x10
Concept: Bethesda rep x10
Frog (Chrono Trigger) x10
Kamek x10
Blacephalon x5
Zhao Yun (Dynasty Warriors) x5
Amaterasu x5
Monokuma x5
Concept: Another joke character x5
Neptune x5
Concept: Crazi Taxi rep x5
Oliver (Ni No Kuni) x5
Ryu Hayabusa x5
Concept: Free updates (Splatoon-style) x5
Courier (Fallout) x5
Earthworm Jim x5
Concept: Spirits aren’t disconfirmations x5
Scorpion x5
Lizalfos x4
Toon Zelda x3
Boss: Sans x2
Urbosa x1
[Rerate] Steve? x1

Arle Nadja’s reign of terror is over. She is joined by Rhythm Girl and All third-party DLC in the over 200 club.

More DLC gets More Nominations (yeah, I got nothing, it’s over 150).

waddledeeonredyoshi

Smash Lord
Phoenix Wright
What I said about Layton can be applied to him too. He makes sense but I see the competition being a bit too much. Leon is still likelier imo.

Jinbanyan: 17.37%
Hollow Knight x5

Ridrool64

Smash Lord
Objection, take that, hold it!

Chance: 25%. He's banking on there being two new Capcom characters, which is something we cannot predict. After that, though, there's not much that isn't in his favor, though he might arguably be too associated with Nintendo to stand out. Monster Hunter kinda takes the air out of the room in his case, though.

Want: 70%. Legitimately, he'd have an Abstain since I haven't played any of his games. But he would raise Arle's chances if he happened so, I'm pragmatic and desperate. Plus, a visual novel character and hilarious psuedo-joke character is always good in my book.

Arle Nadja x 5. Jibanyan will have around 20.10%.

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
Phoenix Wright

Given with how much we got from Capcom already in the game, it should be no trouble at all for Nintendo to get the OK for any of their other properties, so what's normally the biggest hurdle is quite small for Wright. With that said, he does face competition from other Capcom IPs such as Resident Evil, Monster Hunter, Okami, Devil May Cry or additional Street Fighter or Mega Man characters. Still, for a Third-Party character, he isn't doing too bad.

Want: 85%
I admit, I wasn't too on board for him back in the Brawl days where his hype was much larger, but over the years, he's grown quite a bit on me. He'd be a rather unconventional fighter, who would be hilariously out of place outside the courtroom and would bring a "fighting" style that would be quite unique. I do love how UMvsC3 handled him by making his "attacks" non-attack animations, and the thought of him stating a case against other fighters as an oddball Final Smash just puts a smile on my face.

MegaMarioMan9

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HelpMii
3DS FC
4811-7447-1151
Phoenix Wright

40% Chance
Like Layton, I feel Wright's chances are better than ever. Since Ace Attorney is so closely associated with Nintendo I feel like he has an edge over other Capcom reps, but I guess there's always a chance a Resident Evil character or something could get chosen over him. Regardless, with Capcom already having a presence in Smash it certainly wouldn't be difficult to get some Ace Attorney action in here.

100% Want
Phoenix Wright isn't your traditional fighter, but Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 shows that with enough creativity you can give him a pretty darn fitting moveset. I'd love to see him and Layton appear alongside each other in Smash, but I'd be ecstatic to just see even one of them. Plus, getting some of that sweet Ace Attorney music in Smash would benefit everyone, even if some people might not be sold on him being a fighter.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Phoenix Wright

-Popular Darkhorse character from a beloved series.
-MVC3 does give insight for a potential newcomer.
-Unfortunately Phoenix Wright has to contend with other viable Capcom characters(Dante and Leon Kennedy come to mind).

-Gotta admit, there's some potential hilarity in Phoenix yelling Objection to Ridley or Ganondorf.
-But other than that, I wouldn't mind.

Jibanyan Prediction: 14.44%

Nominate All DLC is 3rd Party x5

SPEN18

Smash Champion
Phoenix Wright

Chance: 14%
Welp, it's higher than almost everybody else I've rated recently, so there's that. But really, I'm not convinced at all we'll get another Capcom character; of course, it could happen but I feel like Nintendo is likely to reach out to at least one or two new companies that don't have a character yet, and among the third parties already repped in Smash, Namco is probably more likely to get a second character than Capcom is to get its third (fourth if you count the Echo). And even if Capcom does get another rep, there's plenty of competition and no guarantee it'd be PW. So he probably gets squeezed out by a plethora of other options.

Want: 0%
I don't dislike the character, but I don't have a desire to see him in Smash. His company already has two really big names in this dance plus 1 Echo, which feels like enough for any third party. With SEGA and Konami, that's three companies with three characters if you count the Echos, which IMO is plenty. If we're getting third parties, I'd rather see a second Namco rep (if it's Lloyd lol) or a rep from a new company like Rayman.

Noms: Andy x5

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Abstaining completely on Phoenix Wright

Jibanyan chance prediction: 11.21%

Nominations:
Concept: SNK rep x5

Sonsa

Smash Champion
Phoenix Wright!

Chance 60%: Rated this before the game came out too, there wasn't hope for base roster, and said 60% for DLC, and that still applies I think! My biggest worry was his competition, but much of it became assist trophies or spirits (which I feel don't DEFINITELY deconfirm, but probably deconfirm) and he would be "someone you wouldn't anticipate" much more than other competition too!

Yeah, all the stuff about games on Nintendo and stuff we've all said before haha

But really! There's a huge marketing opportunity here! Ace Attorney is only getting more and more popular. With SEVEN Ace Attorney games coming to the switch in the next year or two, this would be a great way to do it. Ace Attorney is finally branching out to other systems besides Nintendo ones, but Nintendo might want to encourage Ace Attorney fans and newcomers interested to stay Nintendo since their boy will join the fight on the Switch exclusively.

He's got a long colorful history, a loving and growing fanbase, a huge marketing opportunity, a third-party that's already on board, and moveset potential completely unique to Smash! Many other DLC picks have one or two of those, which is why I'd give Phoenix a bit over 50/50

Want 100%: He's my most wanted, Ace Attorney is my favorite series!

Nominate:
All DLC is 3rd Party x5

Artix

Smash Journeyman
Phoenix Wright

He has basically the same good things as Professor Layton except he has too much competition from other Capcom characters, namely Dante, Amaterasu and even a Monster Hunter character. If that's not enough, Capcom already had three fighters (Mega Man, Ryu and Ken) in Smash and I highly doubt they would add another one while Square and Namco are left with only one. When it comes to being an unexpected pick, Phoenix Wright, in my opinion, is not one. There are a lot of Capcom characters who are a lot more unexpected than Phoenix Wright like Dante or Chris Redfield and among visual novels, Monokuma and Saber comes to mind as unexpected picks.

Eh, I like Ace Attorney. Phoenix Wright quickly grew to me as my favorite character in the game, alongside Detective Gumshoe. As much as I like Phoenix Wright to be in the game, there are other characters I want in first before I consider him. And with Capcom already having three fighters, I'd say his chances aren't really that good anymore...

Jibanyan Prediction: 22.01%

Nominations:
Nero Claudius (Fate) x5

Nemuresu

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3325-3200-4137
Mr. Wright:
Chance: 20%-He's popular, I'll give him that, but just like it happened before, I think fame is going to take more precedence than being popular among Nintendo fans. In other words, Dante or a Resident Evil character are more likely.
Want: 0%-While I never played Ace Attorney, I do have a small history with the character back in the UMvC3 days. I remember him being one of the most requested characters for that game, and you'd think fans would love him, but what happened instead? Everyone and their mother whined on why Capcom chose him because he wasn't X, Venom, any of the dumb*** nostalgia characters from MvC2, or some Capcom character only they ever care about like the guy from God Hand. So **** him, I don't want another situation like that.
Nominations: All-guests passx5

KloupLoup

Smash Cadet
Phoenix Wright
Chance=60%

I honestly think Phoenix Wright is more likely to happen than not. Very recognizable character from a popular long running series that is quite unique to other games already represented in smash. Not to mention I assume he'd be enjoyed by all 3 big audiences (US *** EU) and if Nintendo could get mega man, Ryu, and Ken I don't think there would be much issue if Nintendo really wanted to make it happen.
Want=30%
honestly I've never played a Phoenix Wright game even though I've been meaning to get around to it for the longest time. It would be cool to have him especially since I know so many people want him. I'd especially enjoy the memes, and even more so if he were to have an objection taunt.
Cooking Mama X5
Jibanyan prediction=13%

Lasatar

Smash Apprentice
Wright:

Chance: 30%. I'm kinda pulling this out of my arse for the most part, but I think he has an alright shot, but is somewhat held back by the sheer amount of competition coming from other Capcom series, such as Monster Hunter, Resident Evil, Okami, Devil May Cry, and more

Want: 60%. I've never finished an Ace Attorney game, but I'm familiar enough with them to know that Phoenix would make for a very... Quirky?... character in Smash. If he played anything like he did in Crusade, I'd be down.

Nominations: Reimu x5

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Phoenix Wright

Chance - 30% - A rather similar situation to Layton, I believe. He's more famous, I think, but unlike Layton suffers more from competition within the same company. He's got the credentials, but it's too hard to call.

Want - 60% - Could be cool if he's in. I recognize his credentials, but I'm just not exited for him. Still, I can tolerate his presence unlike most third parties.

Nominations

Dark Matter X5

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
Phoenix Wright

Chance: 35%

Now this is someone I would get behind. He's one of two Third Party characters I'm 100% perfectly okay with being DLC. The other being Sora.

While Ace Attorney is admittedly lacking in obvious fighting references being a visual novel series, we have UMvC3 as a reference point for a Phoenix Wright moveset. Phoenix's final smash potentially being him accusing someone like Isabelle of committing a crime is hilarious to me. I just want to run around spamming OBJECTION to everyone. I really hope the Objection/Take That bubble is an attack. Sure, he's got a bunch of competition from other Capcom franchises but the reception Joker got online has been fairly positive, and has made people think that anything is possible with the Fighter Pass. Phoenix Wright? Why not? I believe he'll generate similar hype.

Boss Rush x5

3DSNinja

Smash Lord
The Objecting Machine:
Chance:50%: He is on a lot of Nintendo systems, and his games are good. He can fight as seen Marvel vs. Capcom: The One that is good.
Want: 50%. I would be fine with him, but I really don't care. would want him more the n Layton tho.
Nominations:
Hollow Knight x5

Last edited:

KloupLoup

Smash Cadet
Phoenix Wright

Chance - 30% - A rather similar situation to Layton, I believe. He's more famous, I think, but unlike Layton suffers more from competition within the same company. He's got the credentials, but it's too hard to call.

Want - 60% - Could be cool if he's in. I recognize his credentials, but I'm just not exited for him. Still, I can tolerate his presence unlike most third parties.
Now this is someone I would get behind. He's one of two Third Party characters I'm 100% perfectly okay with being DLC. The other being Sora
[/QUOTE]

Wait, are there people who get genuinely upset by character inclusions? I'm not really understanding the hate for 3rd party characters here. I just don't get why you'd be mad at a character inclusion. There are some I want but I'm happy whenever more characters are added just for the extra fun and variety.

Last edited:

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Wait, are there people who get genuinely upset by character inclusions? I'm not really understanding the hate for 3rd party characters here. I just don't get why you'd be mad at a character inclusion. There are some I want but I'm happy whenever more characters are added just for the extra fun and variety.
Some people still think Smash is a Nintendo crossover instead of a general one. Pay them no mind

Last edited:

WaddleMatt

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 5950 1333 3717
Phoenix Wright:

Chance - 18%

Pretty much what I said about Layton except Capcom is already represented in Smash so he would be more likely in my opinion but only by a tiny amount. Also I can't forget that Marvel vs Capcom gave him a moveset showing he can fight.

Want - Abstain

Never played Ace Attorney.

Nominations: Rhythm Girl x5

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Pheonix Wright

Chance: 20%

He's gotta compete with the likes of Dante and Resident Evil characters, which is not good for him.

Want: 10%

Would rather have Dante or a Resident Evil rep

Top Bottom