• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances - Smash Ultimate Edition! Day 672: Five Most Likely First and Third Parties for Smash 6, and Final Goodbyes

Inue Houji

Purplish Wig
Hat Goomba
Chance: 3%
He doesn't really seem like a DLC character, unless he somehow manages to get his own game. I don't think that's going to happen though.

Want: 5%
I guess I'm the party pooper this time around it seems. The only reason I'd want him is for more Kirby music. He's a generic mook with a bandana and a spear, that's not what I want for the final DLC characters.
People say; "Oh, but he's the 4th main character of the Kirby series, he has to be in", but I don't see it. I've played 3 of the latest Kirby games(Triple Deluxe, Robobot and Star Allies), and he's about as relevant as someone like Kawasaki or the Ice guy.

Dixie Kong
Chance: 5%
She has a slightly better shot, as she has already starred in her own game. I still doubt they'd add a non-protagonist character for a promotional pick though.

Want: 20%
While Cranky is my wish for another DK rep, Diddy is fun to play, and I'd imagine she'd play somewhat similarly. Still would prefer Shantae as a "hair-whipping character" though.

Predictions
Rex: 23.1%
Gen 8 Pokémon: 42.5%
Wooper?:0.1%

Nominations
Rallen x10

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
C'mon Sakurai, give us the Dee

Chance: 25%
Bandana Dee is one of the main characters in the Kirby series, whose importance has risen to the point of deuteragonist status in the likes of Star Allies and Fighters 2. He's highly demanded, especially in Japan where he's usually in the top 3 overall. Outside of the core fandom he's popular, granted it'd be hard for him not to be with how cute he is. With those accolades, how could someone not be confident in his inclusion?

Still not convinced? Fine, let's get all Smashboards-y. While I disagree with the theory that all Nintendo characters have to be shills, we know we're getting the next big Kirby game in 2021. Bandana Dee will probably have a big role in it as is the norm at this point, and maybe even his own starring mode if they reuse that idea from Star Allies. He can be promotional if you want. As for Sakurai, I won't deny that bias is a thing, but as Nintendo's choosing characters that's Dee's major obstacle removed. And what was once his weakness is now his strength, as all the absent content from the non-Sakurai Kirby games means there's lots of games to take his content from and it wouldn't feel redundant.

Want: 100%
I like Dee. I like modern Kirby, and even if I didn't a franchise as long-running as it doesn't deserve to have half its history ignored. I like simple movesets. And Dee deserves to be in Smash.

She has no verse in the DK Rap, 0% want

Chance: 21%
Dixie has similar pros to Dee: she's popular, and a big and obviously missing part of her franchise. She's a character that should be in Smash, and who'll be in the running until she is. But there's two reasons I'm not as confident in her as I am in Dee. One, is that DK is usually extremely ignored in Smash. Seriously, we got a DK newcomer every ten years. We could get a Metroid situation where years of being ignored translates to an overcompensation with two new characters, so it's not impossible, but still, not a great sign. The second is that Dixie could, conceivably, work as an Echo. She could also be unique, and it would be a waste of her potential to make her a Diddy Echo. But so was Dark Samus and she got Echoed. Then again, Isabelle made more sense as an Echo than Dixie and she got to be unique. If the difference between Isabelle and Dark Samus is how important they are as characters then Dixie is definitely on Isabelle's side. All this to say that since I don't expect Echoes, the possibility that Sakurai and Nintendo see her as one means that her chances at getting in are lower. But we don't know how they see Dixie as. She was planned to be in Brawl so at least at that point Sakurai must have seen her as, at worst, a Lucas-style clone (remember, there's no clones in Brawl). And the fact that she wasn't made into an Echo so far gives me hope that they don't see her as one, since it would have been easy to just dump her in that spot.

So, uh, yeah, mixed feelings about Dixie but she should absolutely be kept in mind.

Dixie is easily the coolest character in Donkey Kong. C'mon, a rockstar monkey wearing a beret? That's objectively the best. Oh yeah and also the DKC games are masterpieces of platforming and they deserve more than 8 jungle stages and a trillion remixes of Jungle Hijinx.

Noms: Marina x10 47 x10
Rex prediction: 56.12%
Gen 8 prediction: 32.54%
Wooper prediction: 100%

While he is a popular character, i really get a geno feel here. He is only really popular with his fanbase, and otherwise nintendo only considers him a side character not worth adding to smash, at least as dlc.
This is simply untrue. Bandana Dee and Waddles Dees in general are highly marketable in Japan with lots of merch.
Problem with DLC is that each candidate should bring enough new contents to fill the slot. Sephiroth at least had merits of FF7 lacking in contents. I can't say the same about this guy. The only way I think he can appear on dlc would be if there is another fighter pass that relies purely on fighters without much additional content. While Nintendo tries to appeal to fans as much as possible, it's also important to promote whatever financial gains they can get. I'm not sure what more they can get from Kirby at this point.
There's only like 4 Kirby games with major representation so I'm sure they can manage something from the rest.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
BANDANA WADDLE DEE

CHANCE - 12%
I think there's a legitimate case to be made in favor of Bandana Dee. Kirby is extremely marketable in Japan specifically with Waddle Dees always being a major focus. Bandana Dee is the main Dee, the face of the species (race? idk) and has asserted himself among the main cast of Kirby characters and as one of Kirby's best buds. Bandana Dee has seen consistent and dedicated support since Smash 4 and well into the Ballot, which has barely slowed down since - iirc he continues to be one of THE most requested characters in Japan. Not to mention he would be very easy to implement, a simple round little character who could easily be built off Kirby and doesn't demand much gameplay-wise either. If they wanted a cheap character who could be developed efficiently / easily while still pleasing a lot of people then Dee is a great option.

I feel like his shortcomings are pretty self-explanatory. No, it doesn't have to do with him being "generic" as Nintendo sees no issue adding literal avatar characters anyway. That being said I do question whether or not Sakurai sees BWD as a legitimate candidate in the same way I have to wonder what he holds against Toad... but that's a conversation for another day since Sakurai is not choosing the characters, only giving them the greenlight. It's not really a matter of content either - there's plenty more Kirby material they could work with if they really wanted to, and Sephiroth has effectively broken that barrier for good regardless of how many hairs you want to split.

It really just boils down to what reasons Nintendo would have to push BWD over a variety of other candidates who either offer something newer or more universally exciting than Dee. Which... I struggle to find, really. Dee may just lack the mass appeal and ability to capture new audiences that many other characters have provided, in addition to not really being tied to anything noteworthy to "promote" unless he has a prominent role in a new Kirby game released this year or something. Not being the protagonist of his series unlike say, Byleth or Min Min (arguably) kind of makes it harder to imagine him being chosen too.

His very significant popularity gets him by for this rating as I believe he would be a good and easy fan-favorite pick that appeals directly to the Smash / Nintendo community. I think there's room for that in this pass but I'm not holding my breath for it just because there are other characters who feel better suited. But I think his case is better than some people will give it credit for.

WANT - 65%
Look, I like BWD and Kirby is my favorite video game series of all time. Any new content would make me very happy, but on a personal level I just don't find him nearly as interesting as some of the secondary characters who we could also begin to dip into. BWD would make me happy, whereas someone like Marx / Magolor / Susie / Daroach would make me HYPED. I understand why people have backed BWD as the most reasonable "next step" and the best chance that Kirby has at another character, but taking the significance of everyone's roles out of the picture and just looking at them from a sheer character standpoint I would opt for several other characters before landing on Dee. But an "ok" pick for Kirby is still a great pick by any other series' metric.

DIXIE KONG

CHANCE - 3%
I won't beat around the bush on this one - Dixie Kong has no reason to happen right now. Sure, she's been moderately popular for a while now and was even planned to join the series as far back as Brawl. She has the proper merit to be a playable character, by all means. Under most other conditions this rating would be quite a bit higher.

The fact of the matter is though, we got K. Rool in the base game sporting a phenomenal celebration of DKC like Smash had never seen before. Then we got Banjo & Kazooie, who continued to pour on the classic 90s Rareware love. Dixie Kong is... even more of this. Which is fine in its own right, but given how distinct each of the DLC characters have been in targeting all sorts of different audiences and demographics, I believe this one has been tired out by now. Imagine a third Donkey Kong themed trailer? I mean, it could happen, but I think this begins to feel a lot less special the third time around. Also no, in case people misunderstand I'm not saying a trailer is what makes Dixie Kong unlikely, I'm just using it as an easy hypothetical to show "oh yeah that'd be a lot of DKC / Rare stuff this game".

Also, despite having notable popularity, she was frequently outclassed by K. Rool and many current Dixie supporters likely backed him on the Ballot instead. Given how a lot of the content we're getting currently seems to be residue or planned from some years back I feel her best chance lies in those Ballot requests which are... probably okay, but not enough to propel her into that position if I had to guess.

What are Dixie Kong's odds of appearing in Smash Bros later down the line? She's a "not if, when" sort of character IMO. If support continues and the crew we have now sticks around I see Dixie's chances as quite good, especially now that we finally have seen this outpour of love for Donkey Kong this game which will hopefully continue well into the future. For Ultimate DLC though? I think there are far more pressing priorities at the moment and I'd be pretty shocked to see her.

WANT - 30%
I'd be pretty underwhelmed, too. Like, don't get me wrong I think Dixie Kong is a good choice for Smash eventually. If she was in the base game I'd be very happy about it and feel it was well deserved. At this point though, with three characters left, I'd like to see a series / game get some love that didn't really get the attention that DKC / Rare has already received in droves. This want percentage will be way higher when we're discussing who we want to see in the next game, but for now I think Dixie should wait her turn.

It sounds a bit harsh - I want to make it clear, I do like the character - but I'm personally very satisfied with K. Rool and Banjo and can wait a little while for the next serving of 90s Rare nostalgia.

PREDICTIONS:
Rex - 36.75%
Gen 8 Pokemon - 28%
Wooper - Abstain... he's practically confirmed

NOMS:
BILLY & JIMMY LEE x5

Last edited:

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Bandanna Dee

Chance: 30%

Both of these characters are generally under the same circumstances, being 1st Parties with a large amount of demand. They're unlikely but not impossible. They theoretically have enough content to fill out a FP, but whether it'll actually push through is another debate.

Want: 45%

I respect him enough and I think he'd be fine moveset wise, but otherwise I'm more or less neutral on him. I don't have the personal attachment to him some do but he'd be a fine addition.

Dixie Kong

Chance: 40%

Both of these characters are generally under the same circumstances, being 1st Parties with a large amount of demand. They're unlikely but not impossible. Dixie starred in her own titular game and was considered for Brawl, so there are those points in her favor. They theoretically have enough content to fill out a FP, but whether it'll actually push through is another debate.

She's one of my most wanteds and I've wanted her since the Brawl era. She's one of biggest holes in the roster to me personally, and I think she should have been included back in Smash 4. Her inclusion would make me overjoyed to say the least, and she has a cool moveset potential to boot with her ponytail and bubblegum popgun.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
[Rerate] Monokuma x285
Qbby x280
Concept: Characters that don't have games on Nintendo platforms x275
Beat (Jet Set Radio) x265
[Rerate] Neku x244
Worms x235
Marina Liteyears x230

250 - 201

Concept: Among Us character x225
Crazy Dave x210
Concept: A 4X strategy rep x210

200 - 151

[Rerate] Concept: League of Legends rep x197
[Rerate] Velvet Crowe x190
Henry Stickmin x185
Mii Costume: Madeline x170
Peppino (Pizza Tower) x162
John Marston x160

150 - 101

Concept: Far Cry rep x144
Mii Costume: Monika x135
Tetra x125
Concept: A 3rd party company gets more than one fighter in the same pass x120
Boss: Ender Dragon x118
D.Va x115
Mii Costume: 2B x110
Mii Costume: Alex Kidd x108
Stage: Bowser's Castle x107

100 - 51

Riptor x100
Boss: Rayquaza x100
Concept: Curly as Quote's alt/Echo x100
Mike Haggar x100
Zagreus x95
Concept: Team Fortress 2 rep x95
Giygas x90
Concept: Miles Edgeworth as Phoenix Wright's Alt/Echo x90
Excitebiker x90
Fulgore x89
Concept: Darksiders rep x80
Sackboy x80
Concept: A BioShock protagonist x76
Concept: A Challenger Pack with 2 Fighters x75

Concept: More ATs as one new item x75
Dwight Fairfield (Dead by Daylight) x75
Concept: Rocket League rep x75
Agent 47 x75

Junpei (Zero Escape) x72

Echo (Bowser) x70
Estelle Bright x70
Echo (Olimar) x56
Concept: SNES-era Final Fantasy rep x55
Gooigi x55
Vi (Bug Fables) x55
Echo: Zeraora (Lucario) x55
[Rerate] Jin Kazama x55
Magolor x55
Jin Sakai x55
Ghirahim x55
Kaede Akamatsu x55

50 - 25

Senator Armstrong x50
Stage: Tetris x50
[Rerate] Concept: New Zelda character x40
Billy & Jimmy Lee x35
[Rerate] Concept: Any new Xenoblade character x35
Ryza (Atelier) x25
Mii Costume: Zagreus x25
Concept: Large and Normal Final Destination made into separate stages x25
Filia (Skullgirls) x25

Under 25

Regigigas x20
[Rerate] Metal Sonic x20
[Rerate] Agumon x20
Yarn Yoshi x15
[Rerate] Shovel Knight x15
Tetris x10
Slash Kamei (Snowboard Kids) x10
[Rerate] Yuri Lowell x10
Jesse (Control) x10
Trevor Philips x10
Rallen (Spectrobes) x10
Concept: Rocket League content x5
[Rerate] Thrall x5
[Rerate] Lara Croft x5
Stage: Tetris 99 x5
Concept: Raizing shmup rep x5
Donbe and Hikari x5
Soma Cruz x5
Concept: KOS-MOS with T-elos alt x5
[Rerate] Master Hand x5
[Rerate] Arthur x5
Infernape x5
[Rerate] Zhao Yun x5
Firebrand x1

Neku slides past Worms and ends the day in fifth place. Marina Liteyears shakes up the top seven, and causes Among Us character to be booted off (Among Us character was not the Impostor)

A 4X strategy rep builds over 200 noms.

Mii Costume: Madeline and Peppino ascend to over 150 noms.

Kaede Akamatsu and Estelle Bright pass 50 noms.

Stage: Tetris and Filia make it out of the under 25 club.

If I don't have enough noms due to the abstain, then just give Excitebiker 5 noms.
Just to clarify, on double and triple days, you can abstain on a character and you'll still get the nominations from the character(s) you do rate.

Last edited:

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Bandana Waddle Dee

Chance: 15%
This one... isn't looking too hot. Bandana Dee's biggest chance of getting in is if the next mainline Kirby game features him prominently in some form. Granted, statements from HAL suggests the next game isn't too far off, so there's that. However, it's hard to say if Nintendo would be willing to consider him, even with the marketability of Waddle Dees. It doesn't help that Sakurai has the final say, and it seems he'd rather pretend the series ended after Super Star.
Are we all in agreement Kirby needs another rep? Like it or not, Bandana Waddle Dee has become the fourth main character, and has MORE than earned the right to be in Smash. He'd be our first dedicated Spear user, and he has plenty of moveset potential. Plus, modern Kirby content is sorely lacking, and who better to bring it than a modern Kirby character? I remember I first joined Smashboards to support him, and to this day he's still one of my most wanted fighters.

Abstain on Dixie Kong. I have no opinion on her.

Nominations: [Rerate] Monokuma x10

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Dee's a Bird
25% Chance

Dee has a stronger argument than most first parties due to the fact he has pretty decent fan demand. Dee regularly places well on fan polls and has had a strong push on the ballot. He certainly also is not irrelevant either, as Kirby is one of those franchises that is going to keep getting games. Kirby will likely end up with a new game either this year or next, and odds are Dee will be in it. So he has the potential shill appeal that I think most first parties need in the switch/dlc era and the fan demand that others needed. So why do I rate him lower? Well, it seems to me that there is a genuine apprehension from Sakurai to add much modern Kirby content. The stages we got in Sm4sh were Kirby on the GB...and The Great Cave Offensive. We got Marx as a boss as well. To me, it seems Sakurai has this convenient habit of forgetting that Kirby did not stop making games post Super Star Ultra. That being said, Dee has a solid argument to get in, and is easily one of the most likely first parties.

0% Want

Ironically, Dee is one of those characters that the more time goes by, the less I want them. Part of this is my disillusionment with modern Kirby. Now with four games under its belt that all feel so similar, I can say that I really do not like Modern Kirby. Return to Dreamland was fun, but I felt more and more exhausted of modern Kirby as it just kept feeling more stale. Star Allies was the worst of this. While seeing the new dream friends was a great touch, it ultimately did nothing to ease the fact this was Kirby Return to Dreamland 4 to me in all the worst ways. It also does not help that the dream friends made something else completely apparent to me: Dee is boring to me. Yes he would be unique, but just because a character is unique does not mean that they won't be boring as sin or not fun to play as. I like some more plain characters: my favorite character in this game is arguably Banjo, while Ridley, K Rool, and Sephiroth all are among my favorites. You don't need some hard gimmick to work, but Byleth equally shows to me that you can make a character unique and they can still be extremely boring. Dee would work as a playable character, but I fail to see him being remotely interesting or fun to play as. At least other characters like Magalor would be visually distinct in their moveset. Dee...wouldn't. So we have a character I find boring as sin representing what I do not like about Kirby. Seems like a no brainer. I know I wrote a strongly worded post about how much I would not want Waluigi, but I genuinely would rather have him than Dee.

Monke
20% Chance

Ill be honest, a part of this is that if they do give us some bonus echo fighters, I think Dixie is towards the top of the list for that. I would give the concept of us getting any echo fighter DLC not linked to the fighter pass (as in a FP character comes with an echo of themselves ala Simon and Richter) at around 15%. That being said, Dixie is not in as strong of a spot as Dee is imo. Part of this is you do not have the same focused fan demand that Dee had. While Dixie is popular, I think it is safe to say that more people at least online are clamoring for Dee. Dixie also is hurt by the fact that DK already got a big load of content in the base game alongside K Rool. So, I could see DK getting the pass when it comes to a unique newcomer. Combine that with Tropical Freeze, her most recent game (even not including the port) being more distant with a DKCR 3 being more up in the air and she does not have the same promotional aspects Dee has. Yes she is popular and yes she is the next logical step for DK content, but rn it does not seem good for her to be a unique newcomer.

That being said, if echos do come Dixie all of a sudden looks extremely strong. I know that some people are apprehensive to Dixie being an echo due to a desire she at least has her hair twirl as an up b and preferably uses it for grabs, but I think that for DLC they would go a little further with the echo concept and we would get more Chroms and less Daisys if that makes sense. Outside of those two things, Diddy's moveset works great for Dixie, in no small part due to the changes in Ultimate. Diddy no longer uses his tail, making Dixie need even less work. It also helps that Dixie has such a similar body shape to Diddy that this just makes sense. If we do get some bonus first party echos, Dixie is a front runner for that to such a point that I struggle to see this happening without her. Without any possibility of an echo, she is a 5% in my eyes, but with that she rounds up to a 20.

100% Want

I think it helps that I actually liked Tropical Freeze and classic DKC, since compared to Dee I have no real apprehension to modern DKC. It helps that I have a massive amount of love for DKC2. DKC2 is arguably the best game on the SNES for me, with great graphics, beautiful music, and awesome challenge. Tropical Freeze is amazing too and it should have more love too. I just love DKC, and getting more content for it is always welcome. I used to in the past be more reserved for Dixie since I preferred K Rool, but with that out of the way I accept her with open arms. So, a character from a series I like that has great soundtrack? Yes please.

Neku x 10
Mike Haggar x 10

Rex 62.22%
Gen 8 Pokemon 25.55%

Cutie Gwen Cutie Gwen I was hesitant to because I forgot to actually make the Wooper support thread and wanted to ensure I followed my own rules. Let's just say if tomorrow a new thread pops up, and you see a link to it in this thread combined with an @ mention... ya know.

Justin Little

Smash Ace
Abstain on Bandana Dee.

Dixie Kong

Chance: 70%

People are greatly underestimating her chances. Rumors are pointing towards a new game being developed in-house coming out this year, DK's 40th anniversary. After putting her in Mario Kart Tour and King K. Rool's popularity, no way in hell are Nintendo going to abandon the RARE cast again. This should help her. DK also has less stages than Kirby which I always found suspect. Dixie could easily bring in a stage based on the games from where she played important role in: DKC2, DKC3, and Tropical Freeze. Dixie starred in her own game for pete sake. She should have been in this series a long time ago.

DKC2 is one of my favorite games of all time, and Dixie Kong was one of my most played Kong due to her casual friendly tools. She is designed to be different from Diddy who is great for speed runners. It boggles my damn mind a character who uses her hair to attack is often lumped as nothing but an echo fighter to some people. If she was echo material, she would've been in this game already. The ponytail is a physical standout to her design, and Sakurai isn't going to look at a character who attacks, glides, and grabs using that hair and think "yeah, she's echo material."

Blankiturayman

Smash Journeyman
"Bandee"
Chance: 10%
This little orb definitely is in an alright place when it comes to first parties. Not only is there a sizable fan demand for him, he's actually pretty popular within the Kirby community and beyond as well. It just goes to show how much merch the Waddle Dees in general get in Japan. It's quite a lot; sometimes they get more than major characters such as Dedede and Meta Knight who are already in the game.

In regards to Kirby newcomers, I think he's got a secure spot as the next character from that series. It's not guaranteed in that aspect of course; I'm well aware of the way non-Sakurai Kirby stuff, or well, "Modern" Kirby is treated in the game, it's completely minimal in comparison to the Classic ones, but there's no clear tell as if that's due to disliking the newer games, or if it's simply finding the classic Kirby games to have more of an impact (which you could argue to them having it, but that's another thing.) It even happens with older games like Kirby 64 or Dreamland 3 who weren't directed by Sakurai. I still find it both funny and sad Ado or Ribbon didn't even get spirits...

But when it comes to DLC Nintendo is making the selection so that "Sakurai bias" stuff, true or not, would be moot. If Nintendo wants BWD, they'll ask for BWD. Even so I'm not sure they'd want to be picking him hence the not too high score. This is mostly due to the scope of DLC: Nintendo might feel Kirby's demographic is already given a lot of stuff in the roster with the main trio. Though since all of them have been there since Brawl, it's no wonder asking for a new character has shown up. I think due to the sheer popularity of the character, especially within Kirby, he could make it. But it's not too high a chance.

Want: 70%
Admittedly, he's not my first personal choice for a new Kirby character. I'd go for Dark Matter, Susie, maybe even Marx before him, but I think he'd be alright as well, more than anything because he'd just "make sense" as a 4th character. The games definitely got more same-y as they went ever since RtDL, but I did find PR really good. TD was nice too, to a degree.

I feel BWD could potentially go in two different ways as a character: either a straightforward spear user (I find this more likely), or taking more from the other Dee moves, like Parasol and Beam from Doo. The latter would be pretty cool, and it actually has a little precedence from the "Battle Royale" game on 3DS where he has a parasol, but hey, I wouldn't mind the solo spear one too much either. I like the little guy, over time he grew on me quite a bit.

Man, I wonder what Dixie would get for a DK Rap
Chance: 7%
Dixie Kong is quite a beloved character, has a long legacy behind her and is pretty well wanted when it comes to Smash as well. It also helps her she has recently became a main stay in the series with TF. When it comes to DKC characters, she most likely has the way clear cut for the next one. All of this stuff is pretty good, and all in all, I'm sure Dixie will remain in the discussion until she actually makes it, especially after fellow DKC character K. Rool actually did get in.

What brings this down for me is both the scope of DLC and the very same K. Rool. Of course, there's no reason they could not get both of them in the same game, sort of how Metroid got two characters after a long while (although one was an echo) but I think Nintendo might feel it's enough for DKC with getting K. Rool back in the game. Maybe next game, Dixie, but who knows? Also, I dunno if B&K getting in affect her due to being Rareware affiliated, but I wouldn't say it's that much. Of course there's an overlap in fans, but DKC has been its own thing for a while now separate from Rareware.

Want: 80%
Dixie's cool, both DKC2 and 3 are really fun games, even if I do prefer 2 to 3 I still had a lot of fun with the game where Dixie was the protagonist. For a while in Smash Bros, lots of DK music was missing out but in Ultimate it was finally noticed and they started adding tracks that aren't some variation of Jungle Hijinx. This is the same with some of the other content like stages, so it'd be cool to have more with Dixie. Perhaps she could have some factory stage. Either way, I'd be glad to see her in the game.

Nominations:
Estelle Bright x20

Predictions:
Rex: 47%
Gen 8 Pokemon: 22%

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
BWD

Chance: 25% - Bandana Dee's popularity in Japan and the relatively high profile status of Kirby gives a small shot at making it. He has maintained his status as the 4th main character of the series and Star Allies has reinforced that point.

Want: 90% - My only reticence towards him is potential mishandling of moveset either by ignoring his spear usage or over-relying on it to much to the detriment of his overall potential. Regardless he's long overdo for a spot and would bring some desperately needed new Kirby content to Smash.

Dixie Kong

Chance: 5% - Have to be realistic about her odds. While K Rool's inclusion was fantastic DK as a franchise still has gotten inconsistent treatment in Smash (perhaps reflective of Nintendo in that sense) and given the heavy hitters the DLC has gone for, she would feel fairly underwhelming to a lot of people even with her recent reappearance via Tropical Freeze.

Want: 100% - Essentially the first party character that feels most deserving of a Smash inclusion. Starring in two of the most successful SNES titles of all time and being the second prominent playable female Nintendo character after Samus; her status speaks for itself and her inclusion should have been a priority as far back as Smash 4. The notion that she has to be a Diddy echo is misguided as there are plenty of mechanics from the games (Kong Pow moves, Animal Buddies, Rocket Barrels) that she could easily use for her special moves while her Smash attacks focused on hits via her hair. The potential with stage and especially music is also so blatantly obvious that any one who knows a thing about DKC could easily put together a list themselves. She should be in and if not included via the pass she should be a base game inclusion next time bar none.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
In Defense of the Dee
1610131510320.png

I was going to sit this one out, but there was a brief discussion regarding Kirby on a Discord server I'm on that rekindled my passion and I've decided to go a bit more in-depth with the little guy. He's got the odds stacked against him, but I think he's got just a little more going for him that I gave credit for.

History of the Dee
This little guy needs no introduction, but %$#@ you, I'm giving one anyways. Bandana Waddle Dee, often just shortened to Bandana Dee or abbreviated to BWD, is a rising star in the Kirby series. As name suggests, he is a Waddle Dee, the most recurring enemy of the Kirby series. Most Dees are are carefree and peaceful, casually walking back and forth on their platforms. Due to their cute design and perfect track record, they've become secondary mascots of the series, showing up in quite a few artworks and side materials.

Bandana Dee first appeared in Kirby Super Star in the Megaton Punch minigame, where he was just some Dee with a splash of blue. He was... kind of a joke, honestly. Barely made a dent in the planet (Though the fact that he could make a dent in the planet itself says a lot about Kirby power scaling). He came back with a slightly expanded role in Kirby Super Star Ultra, being King Dedede's closest consort and replacing the Waddle Dee "boss" in The Arena. While he was still kind of a joke, he began showing some hints of his future characterization here; Loyally staying with his king to the bitter end and facing Kirby after he blazed through Dedede's troops, even after Dedede told him he didn't have to fight.

Bandana Waddle Dee's true debut was in Kirby's Return to Dream Land as the fourth playable character, teaming up with series mainstays meta Knight, King Dedede, and Kirby himself. No longer a wimp like before, he now brandished a spear and used it quite well, effectively being a moveset clone of the Spear Copy Ability. He reappeared in Kirby: Triple Deluxe and Kirby: Planet Robobot, taking a more passive role by tossing Kirby healing items as he passed by. He also harvested the Gem Apples and gave hints in Team Kirby Clash Deluxe and it's updated variant, Super Kirby Clash, playing a similarly supportive role.

Aside from his helper roles, he also had some time in the spotlight with two spinoffs, Kirby and the Rainbow Curse and Kirby Battle Royale. In the former, he helped out Kirby while Meta Knight and Dedede were nowhere to be found. He took the role of Player 2 (And three and four, for that matter), playing just like his appearance in Kirby's Return to Dream Land while Kirby was stuck in ball form. In the latter, he was Kirby's partner throughout the tournament, helping him out in team matches and holding his own against the clone Kirbys offscreen. He also played a pivotal role in the final battle, tossing Kirby a cannon that was the only way to damage the Dededestroyer Z. Interestingly, Bandana Dee used a parasol in this game, rather than his trademark spear.

Bandana Dee made a return to playable status in a mainline game in Kirby Star Allies as a Dream Friend, using his trusty spear once more. While he didn't have a boss fight like with Meta Knight and Dedede, he instead had the honor of being the first Dream Friend available, being summonable as soon as you gain access to the Dream Palace. He also appeared in Kirby Fighters 2, being the only buddy (Re: Non-Kirby character) available by default. Since the Story Mode requires you to use a buddy until you clear Chapter 3, he's also likely to be the buddy you use on the first playthrough if you go straight to that; Indeed, the reveal trailer uses Bandana Dee as Kirby's buddy when explaining the mode.

Bandana Dee has come a long way since his debut. Over time, he has grown into a capable fighter in his own right, and has displayed a cheerful demeanor in the majority of his appearances. He's been shown to be quite close to the main trio; Aside from his aiding of Kirby and Dedede listed above, he's also been shown fanboying over Meta Knight in Kirby Battle Royale. And, par the course for a Kirby character, he's displayed an interest in food - The little guy pulled an all-nighter walking to the Cake Royale just for the titular cake prize.

Despite his overall joyful personality, he's been shown to have a bit of an inferiority complex and a desire to grow stronger. In Battle Royale, he worries that he's been holding him back during the tournament, and in the Team Kirby Clash expansions, he's expressed a slight twinge of envy, wishing to be rewarded for his actions like Team Kirby. This is spelt out in his personal theme from the Kirby Memorial Arrangement CD, The Apple Juice Song, which details his desire to become strong, mature, and popular like his friends. You can listen to it here. Also, the lyrics.

Does he stand a chance?
While I love the little guy, I must admit that the odds are kinda stacked against him. Mainly, it's the DLC thus far (Sans Piranha Plant, who was a bonus and is on different standards). To wit:

:ultjoker: :ulthero: :ultbanjokazooie: :ult_terry: :ultbylethf: :ultminmin :ultsteve: :ultsephiroth:
Out of these, only three out of eight represent already-represented series. Of those three, two are first-party and only one hails from a game with playable representation - And that was for Final Fantasy VII, the most infamously underrepresented game in Smash. Kirby's representation has some gaps to fill, but it's certainly got more than the vast majority of the DLC series. Both Fighter's Passes have been consistently about new content beyond just the fighters, and Kirby might be deemed good enough on it's own.

So what's going for him? Well...
  • Popularity - Bandana Dee is a pretty darn popular request, all things considered. He easily scores the highest of any Kirby character, and is among the highest rankers for first-parties in general. He placed 7th on this consolidation poll for the Smash 4 ballot and even now managed to get 9th place on Source Gaming's megapoll, above even the likes of Rex, Isaac, and Waluigi. Notably, he was also the only first-party to reach the top ten. Probably not that exact number specifically, but it still shows that there's strong demand for him.
  • Recent Relevancy - Bandana Dee has been a pretty recent addition, meaning he doesn't have to worry about being old and only popular in the Smash fanbase. It should also be noted that he's had a truly stellar track record; From Mass Attack to Star Allies, the only games he's missed are Kirby Fighters Deluxe, Dedede's Drum Dash Deluxe, and Kirby's Blowout Blast. If we're going back to Super Star Ultra and counting only the mainline games, he's actually had more appearances than King Dedede and Meta Knight!
  • Modern Kirby Rep - Going off of the above point, the modern era of Kirby is fairly lacking. It's got some Spirits and songs, but there isn't really that much. No stages, no Assists, heck, it doesn't even have the famous themes of Masked Dedede and Galacta Knight. While Nintendo could decide Kirby's fine the way it is, as I've mentioned above, in the scenario that they do go with Kirby there's definitely enough to supply a pack. Plus, Bandana Dee's presence in the modern era of Kirby means that he's got a pretty solid link to whatever modern content gets added in.
  • Waddle Dee Rep - Bandana Dee's closest competitor is arguably Waddle Dees as a whole. As I noted in his introduction, Waddle Dees are secondary mascots of the Kirby series, being cute, recurring, and recognizable. Heck, they're even listed as the fourth major character at the Kirby Portal! So why is this a pro and not a con? Why not plop down a normal Waddle Dee? Simple: Bandana Dee exists to rep the Dees.

(Source)
As shown in this interview, Bandana Dee was brought into Kirby's Return to Dream Land to act as a representative of Waddle Dees. He was even going to get a unique name, Bundy Bandee, but was kept as just Waddle Dee to better represent the species. This gives me confidence that Bandana Dee would most definitely be chosen over some average Dee, because he was added specifically to represent Dees as a whole. Besides, he's already become a popular and defined character in his own right (Well, as defined as you can get with Kirby's way storytelling). On the topic of that interview...

Had it not been for the big anniversary aspect of Star Allies, we would've gotten an Extra Mode for Bandana Dee, to go with Dededetour and the various iterations of Meta Knightmare. This, I feel, solidifies Bandana Dee's status as the fourth main character of the Kirby series.

Also, I'll be tackling some arguments against him.
  • He needs a gimmick! - Not really? Byleth didn't have one, and neither did Banjo (No, Wonderwing doesn't count). Sure, FP2 gave use some of the craziest gimmicks in the series with Min Min and Steve, but Sephiroth wasn't that gimmicky; Heck, he doesn't even have a meter on his HUD.
  • He just has a spear! - Personal preference when it comes to this; I feel that the simplicity of it would be rather refreshing. Besides, it's not just a spear; As shown in Battle Royale, he can work with a parasol as well. And if we still need to spruce things up that badly, we can give him various gear from the various Waddle Dee variants throughout the series - For instance, the axe of the lumberjack Dees from Triple Deluxe, or the bows of the archers from Epic Yarn. After all, he is a representative of Dees as a whole.
  • Sakurai Bias! - While he does seem to favor his creations, I don't think he outright hates the newer Kirby games. It's just that Kirby stumbled upon a bit of bad luck in Smash 4 that made him centralized around the older games; The planned Epic Yarn stage was turned into the Yoshi's Wooly World stage, and Dream Land GB was originally going to be a Super Mario Land stage. Marx is among the most recognizable Kirby bosses and easily translatable into Smash, and Kawasaki was added to preserve Kirby's Final Smash.
    Besides, it's not like Kirby's centralized representation is an exclusive problem; Donkey Kong has a distinct lack of recent content, and even third-parties like Mega Man and Street Fighter neglect anything beyond the early installments. And either way, Nintendo's choosing the characters, nit Sakurai. If they asked him to add content for the modern Kirby games, I don't think he'd say no.
  • Why not someone else?- They're just not on the same level or relevance and popularity. To go into more detail:
    • Marx has the legacy of having later final bosses reusing his attacks, but he himself has only showed up a handful of times throughout the series. Besides, he's already a boss; While we do have Giga Bowser and Ganon, they're separate versions of their basis and have different names. Marx's most iconic form is his boss form, and he's already there, so...
    • Gooey was Kirby's number two - Keyword being was. The guy took an extended break after Kirby's Dreamland 3 and only came back recently with Star Allies. He did get to be one of the buddies in Kirby Fighters 2 - And one of the earliest obtained, to boot - But he's still got a ways to go to reestablish his place in the series.
    • Adeleine is decently popular and appeared more than once or twice, but like Gooey, she took an extended break after two appearances and only came back for Star Allies, which brought pretty much everyone back. And unlike Gooey, she didn't get a spot in Kirby Fighters 2. Again, still hasn't reestablished herself.
    • Daroach has the honor of having the most amount of dialogue in the entire series, plus having shown up more than once before Star Allies, but much like everyone else on the list, he petered off until Star Allies brought everyone back.
    • The Animal Friends were Kirby's biggest allies back in the Dark Matter Trilogy, but they didn't have a major appearance after that until Star Allies (Seeing a pattern?). They did get a fair bit of cameos throughout the series, but overall those cameos don't really amount to much, especially seeing as the majority of them weren't in-person.
    • Dark Matter, like Marx, has a lot of legacy when it comes to final bosses, but hasn't made many in-person appearances as of late. There's been many bosses that are implied to be connected to them, but the only time we've had Dark Matter themselves appear in-person since the Dark Matter Trilogy are a minigame in Mass Attack and a bonus boss in Planet Robobot, and the latter isn't even the final boss of the Extra Mode.
    • Galacta Knight actually has made a fair bit of recent appearances... but none of them are actually canon. They're all locked behind Extra Modes and The True Arena, with the one time he's a boss in the main campaign being an AU spinoff.
    • Magalor is the closest competitor to Bandana Dee's fourth main character status beyond Waddle Dees in general (And we've already gone over how that actually helps him). He's popped up fairly often after Kirby's Return to Dream Land, but not quite to the same extent as Bandana Dee. His appearances have been relegated to spinoffs for the most part, like Dedede's Drum Dash Deluxe and Team Kirby Clash Deluxe. He actually didn't have any major appearances after his debut until Star Allies. He did show up again in Kirby Fighters 2, but he just can't match Bandana Dee's stellar track record.
And lastly, the infamous Hat Goomba argument. Honestly, that's kinda inaccurate. "Hat Goomba" implies some random mook with a hat, like this

Bandana Dee has a weapon and a personality. He'd be closer to this:

GunGoomba.png

An established character with a weapon (Though not necessarily a firearm) who just happens to be the same species as a regularly appearing mook. Besides, Waddle Dees are a hundred times more huggable than a Goomba (Granted, Waddle Dees are a hundred times more huggable than anything that isn't Kirby himself, so that isn't saying much).

And yes, I indeed photoshopped Goombario with a gun just for this. You're welcome.

Overall, I award him a 30% chance. The formula of SSBU's DLC works against him, but he's got a lot going for him. He could be a real darkhorse for Smash. Of course, by definition a darkhorse is an unlikely victor, but maybe we should keep a closer eye on him.

Obviously, I wouldn't be making such a huge passionate writeup without a full 100% rating.
When I first started looking into Smash speculation, I had two wants, Bandana Dee and Shadow (Or some other Sonic rep). The former stuck with me for the majority of 2019, though Klonoa gave him some competition. By now, he's surpassed him, actually. I'm not as focused on Kirby as I was before; There hasn't been many major releases to keep my hype going, and 2020 had me grabbed by the throat and down the Touhou rabbit hole, followed by Ys synching up with me extremely well, but I still love the little guy. Reimu, Adol, and Klonoa make up my top three, but Bandana Dee is still a close fourth. If my recently renewed hype for Kirby keeps up, he might even regain his throne.
Originally, I just wanted another Kirby character, and Bandana Dee looked like the best bet. But over time, he grew on me. I liked his underdog status, and I started developing my own interpretation of him based on that. Keep going, little guy. You'll get to prove yourself soon enough.

Abstain on Dixie. I'm just here for the Dee.

Last edited:

Phoenix Douchebag

Smash Lord
Let's see how i rated these 2 last time:
NOOOOOOOOO BANDANNA DEE IS NOT A MAIN CHARACTER HE'S BORING HE CAN'T BE IN NOOOO NOOOOOOO.

Ha Ha Bandanna Dee go poke.

Chance: 50%

This is probably the highest i will give to any character that is from a Nintendo franchise. Sad i know. But still Bandanna Dee is everything i look for a potential Smash candidate. A high profile Nintendo character who has managed to become a consistent member of the franchise since 2011. I see him as the fourth Member of the Kirby crew. It's a trio anymore, it's a Quartet. Just about every modern Kirby game after RTDL has him filling some role, wheter be replacing Adeleline's role in Triple Deluxe and Planet Robobot as giving you healing items mid-stage or as the only Spear User that's playable in Star Allies. His moveset what lacks in Visual Spectacle makes up in practicality and makes it easy to develop as a character, which is crucial in DLC since no matter how much gimmicks they give to the characters, you can tell they were cutting corners when they could (notable examples include Hero's Sword Attacks like the Dash Attack, or Joker's Up Aerial and Foward Smash) and he simply has NO competition regarding Kirby's other characters outside of MAYBE Magolor (even then he's in the shadow of BDee's popularity in Japan, America, and the rest of the major countries where Kirby is popular)

However while he does have merit, the circumstances of the series creator is what bothers me here. We know First Party DLC can be part of the Fighter Pass and that Spirits in the base game mean JACK****, but Sakurai is a notorious person due to his undeniable bias towards Kirby games he worked on- (Dream Land, Adventure/Nightmare in Dreamland, Super Star, and Air Ride) It's said to be common among japanese developers to not use stuff they didn't make, but this is a crossover where Sakurai includes franchises he never worked on like Mario Bros, Pokémon, Mega Man, Fatal Fury, Punch Out, etc so i found this excuse really damn stupid.

Just to put things into perspective, It's been 20 years since the series's inception and we haven't gotten a Stage from Kirby 64, Kirby and the Amazing Mirror, Squeak Squad, Return to Dreamland, Triple Deluxe, Planet Robobot and Star Allies during this franchise's entire ****ing lifetime. What has Sakurai been adding when it comes to Kirby stages instead? ****ING SUPER STAR STAGES. Halberd in Brawl, Great Cave Offensive in Smash Wii U, ****ing Game Boy Dreamland in 3DS, and im pretty sure that if Ultimate had a Kirby stage in the base game, it would have been some Air Ride stuff. Hell, Kirby got a boss
in Ultimate, and that was ****ing MARX FROM SUPERSTAR. "b-b-ybuy SAKURAI WATED TO PUT A EPIC YARN STAGE IN WII U!!!!!!1!!11" yeah and he didn't, and that was just a deflect of critcism because he couldn't simply admit it (and the fact that he went out of his way to change the stage as soon as Wolly World was made public, it actually only furthers proves the point) this wouldn't be so bad if the last Kirby game by Sakurai WANS'T FROM OVER A DECADE AGO which means all the major content from Kirby games has been from those 4 alone. Maybe some spirits and trophies and songs are from other Kirby games, but those are the exception, not the norm.

So why im rating him so high if any Kirby game that isn't the major 4 (Dream Land, Super Star, Adventure, Air Ride) is neglected by Sakurai (inlcuding more "recent" ones like Return to Dream Land and Star Allies). Simply put, Min Min. No, im not talking about the spirit debacle, im talking about the fact that Sakurai approached ARMS's team to see what ARMS character was best for Smash. This actually changed my view on how would Sakurai approach a character. It's clear he prefers to add content from his own games, but at this point, he's running out of content to add. The only notable-Sakurai made character, Marx, is a boss, and there doesn't seem to be any major interest in making him playable from the fanbase and gaming public nor Sakurai (and even i think his "bias" has a limit, he isn't gonna add him as a playable character just because he made him, not at this point at least)

Should Nintendo ever request a character from the Kirby series, Sakurai would probably talk with someone who is close to modern Kirby, Mr. Shinya Kumazaki, and he has worked as early as Air Ride, and has basically become Sakurai's Successor. Hell he is even Original Game Supervisor in Ultimate, so i don't think it would be too hard to ask him, and while i don't want to put words in his mouth, i will not be surprised if he says "Bandanna Dee" in the same way Kosuke Yabuki said "Put Min Min in".

Want: 90%

Yes please. I love the little guy, and he's the only Kirby rep aside from Gooey (who is more because i find him cool, but im not gonna lose sleep if he never gets in) that i have any interest in seeing in Smash. Before Return to Dreamland, Kirby was in the same place as Zelda: Tons of characters, not a clear choice for the next in line, which hurts their chances in the long run in my opinion. But Bandanna Dee changed that. HE's the NEXT Kirby character in line, HE'S the the one i want the most, HE's the most likely first party for this Pass.

I could go on but look, i already wrote enough.

Blondes have more fun.

Chances: 15%

Yeah im not feeling confient on this one. On Paper, Dixie sound like a great choice for Smash, but there's a problem. You see, everybody is on a "Vicious Cycle" with Dixie, which is basically this: Dixie is seen as unlikely because insert reason here Dixie's fanbase becomes pessimistic and don't show much support for her, which makes her seem unpopular, which makes it a reason as to why Dixie is seen as unlikely, and the cycle repeats.

Because of this, no matter how much merit Dixie has on her own (Actually appearing in recent installments like Tropical Freeze and Mario Kart Tour, starring in a title of her own, and beign just pretty much the most important Kong after Donkey and Diddy) the circumstances around her put her down.

Never mind the issue of the EVIL Third Parties who want to take over Smash and turn it into an inaccurate Gaming Museum (yeah i can take a piss at myself)

and yeah i don't see Echoes beign DLC. I don't consider Dixie echo material though so i don't worry too much about that.

Want:100%

Im gonna be blunt here, this is the ONLY Female character i actually want. Forget Saber, Forget Pyra and Mythra, Forget Elma and forget whatever weekly waifu FE has, THIS is the on i actually care about. Why? Because of her playstyle. I played DKC2 and 3 and i can tell you that gliding across the stage while hitting and grabbing enemies with your Hair is bloody fun, more fun than talking about waifu war *. This is why i hate the idea of Dixie beign an echo BTW. A Lucas-style semiclone can work for me as long as her Hair is a MAJOR part of her moveset , but a full on echo? * NO. I was actually quite happy she wasn't added as an echo. "BUT THAT IS THE ONLY WAY OF ADDING HER YOU HAVE TO COMPROMI-**** you then and add a character that you actually will actual effort on that i care like Bandanna Dee above. The only echo i wanted wasn' even added anyway so i found the concept worthless in the long run.

Do i sound sound entitled? A little, but after Sakurai has shown he can be competent and add Simon, K.Rool, and Banjo in the way i actually wanted them, i expect the same for Dixie, shallow superficial similarties to Diddy be ****ing damned.

Im not gonna lose sleep if she doesn't make it in though. As much as i like her im also guilty on putting her in the back burner of Smash desires like a good chunk of the speculation scene, which is why she is seen as unlikely since people barely bring her up compared to Bandanna Dee.

If she makes it in though, it would be amazing. Better than Cranky Kong who stole Scrooge Mc Duck's cane abilities and is the least fun of the Kongs or.......ugh....... Funky Kong, go back to being a shopkeeper you and take your ****ty recycled & Knuckles meme with you, you overhyped piece of 90's junk leftovers.
As you can see, i rated Bandanna Dee quite highly on this. I mentioned days before how i felt that people rating Chun Li and Eggman were giving them chance scores that were TOO HIGH, and relied on the most recent reveal to justifiy it. If it sounds like im projecting........it's because i kinda am. I was far too biased on Bandanna Dee regarding this. I though Min Min would mean more First Parties just like how Joker dictated how most of the first pass was guest characters, i was wrong. My argumentation was simply poor, and relied on the latest character choice to justify my stance.

Many of the arguments i gave against Chun, Eggy and others can easily apply to him. Kirby is well represented, yes Kirby is clearly geared towards Sakurai-made stuff, but many franchises are biased towards certain entries (you see more Gen 1 Pokémon content than say, Gen 3 for example) so this isn't really an argument as it is an observation. Sephiroth was notable because there was simply NO FF content outside of the bare minimum, something that many other franchises can't say. Dixie on the other hand hasn't changed much, but i do still think i rated them too high.

Bandanna Dee and Dixie Kong have merits, a lot of merits. Dixie Kong is arguably the most iconic Female Nintendo heroine not in Smash, She appears in one of the most acclaimed SNES games of all time, (and it is Diddy's game, but don't even try to tell me that most people prefer to play as Diddy) and came back with a vengance in Tropical Freeze, and it seems Nintendo still wants to keep her around thanks to her appearance in MK Tour (her debut in a MK game) she is not going away for the moment it seems.

Bandanna Dee on the other hand, can easily be called "hAT GoohOMbA", which isn't saying much because already there's a generic, non identifiable NPC enemy in Smash, Piranha Plant, so even if i agreed with this it would not stop him. Also, to call him a generic enemy beats the point of his character, yes he is clearly based on the generic enemy, but the whole shtick of Bandanna Dee is how he has risen from a one time boss in Super Star Ultra to the 4th Member of the Kirby quartet. The Kirby series doesn't really treat the Bandanna Dee individual as one of the many Waddle Dees, it treats him as his own character, giving him enough spotlight to stand out on his own, and the only real thing holding him back is his design. He's an underdog character at his core, and the idea of a Waddle Dee being this big of a character in the Kirby series (you know, those enemies that can be easily be defeated in one shot) is part of the shtick on him.

The problem these characters face are not that they lack merit as choices. If you rated these in Smash Ultimate's base game you would see everybody thinking of them of at least as plausible, especially compared to the many others we have rated these past weeks. The problem is that this is the DLC, where it's either "SUPER MEGA ULTRA HYPE THIRD PARTY OOO MYYY GOOD MOM GET THE CAMERA" or "shill first party from the latest release, or leftover veterans". Smash 4 already put this idea in motion, the only real DLC newcomer from Nintendo was Corrin, and the rest were veterans or Third Parties. Smash Ultimate doesn't seem to be interested in changing this, if FP1 is any indication. The only real reason i see any of these 2 happening, is that the criteria of FP2 has been more varied in comparison. For instance 2 of the 3 characters come from franchises already in Smash, one of them is from a Third Party with one character already. What i mean with these examples is that we could see a change on this. Could we get a first party that is not a "shill" from the latest Nintendo product? Maybe, but im holding my breath. Some could argue Min Min fits this, but seeing how Min Min was one of Nintendo's latest new IPs i disagree on this, 3 years is barely old( plus FP2 has been decided in months in advance, so i would argue 2 years max)

All in All, a 5% Chance for both Dixie and Dee.

For want? Still has high as ever for Dixie: 100%

Dixie is my favorite Kong in the DKC series. She was my favorite choice in Tropical Freeze, and has been on my most wanted list since the early days of Smash 4. I viciously loathe the "SMashH iS AbOUT ThE HiSToRY of GAmING nOW" mentality, because me and many others are no longer allowed to speak positively of characters like this. Dixie Kong reminds that a character should be fun to play as, and it's not about Sex Appeal or "Muh agenda" like many female characters are these days. Dixie's hair abilities are why i like her, it's why many people like her, going around gliding with your spinning hair and throwing objects with it is bloody fun! It's why i don't like the idea of her being an echo. Yes she has a body similar of Diddy that this could easily be done, but why would you do that? Last time something like this happened was with Ganondorf, ad people Did NOT like it at all, and im included among them. I can compromise with sort of a Semi-Clone like Lucas and Wolf, im okay with her sharing SOME similarities, as not as it is 1 to 1. Dixie's abilities are part of her appeal, it's why she was so popular in TP, and to not translate and expand on this abilities in Smash is waster opportunity.

For Dee, i will actually raise him to 100%.

Bandanna Dee is unironically my favorite Kirby character at this point. The only way i can describe it is because of his underdog appeal. He was "boss" in Revenge of The King, and had no reason to come back for future installments, yet Hal took him as their own little experiment, he kept growing, and growing, and growing, to the point that me and many people rightfully consider him part of the Kirby quartet now. Bandanna Dee now appears every time Kirby gears towards a new adventure, either as a support or major playable role, and the idea they went from what he used to be to what he is now is great. Bandanna Dee won me over, plus his simplistic Spear Abilities seem fun and very easy to integrate into Smash.

That's another reason i want them, simplicity. Some may say why? Because i don't like the trend of Smash Ultimate having all of its DLC chars having gimmicks. From Wings when taking too much damage, to Hero's Resource managing, to whatever the Hell Steve has, i think all of the DLC chars except Banjo (even he suffers from Resource Managing though, with his side special) and Byleth, and it's something that i just hate as much. Im all for making characters with movesets more accurate to the source material, it's why i hate Falcondorf and Bacteria A.K.A Smash's Wario while i love Mega Man and Simon, but bringing the actual mechanics?...that's a no for me.

I would love to play as Ryu and Ken........................but i hate the whole Pressure Sensitive Normals thingy they have going on (which is based on a mechanic that hasn't been a thing in Street Fighter since the first one, you know, the one that Sucks Ass) Hero's Magic actually made me lost to play as him, even in the most casual matches possible, and Steve's mechanics mean i will never touch even with a 99 Ft Power Pole extend.

With these two, i know Sakurai will not try to overcomplicate things, and that is fine by me.

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
Jomosensual Jomosensual Jomosensual Jomosensual You gave out 45 noms total, using 15 extra noms. I don't know where the mistake lies, but as far as I know you only have 5. Maybe you used them before and forgot? If you think I made a mistake then I'll go back and check, but otherwise you can just reallocate the noms.
Whoops, yep. Just looked back and forgot I used them already. I'll go
17 to Far Cry rep
18 to Bioshock protag

Which should add up to 35 noms

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Bandana Waddle Dee:
Chance: 8%

Ah, the Dee. I love him. He's round, squishy, and a staple of the Kirby universe even occasionally even filling in as the Luigi to Kirby's Mario.

Problem is I can't see him making the cut.
Sakurai bias for his own games in the series, the fact Dee and Toad are two peas in a pod as the 'fourth hero who is a representative of the monarch characters bodyguards/subjects' and that we only have three fighters left make me think Dee has at best a very outside chance of getting in...and even then it's only if they have more than one first party left.

Again, I love Dee. He's one of my favourites, second only to the former Player 2 of Gooey in the Kirby franchise(and far above the other three main cast). I think Bandana Waddle Dee objectively is becoming a Nintendo All Star and whilst we throw this word around a lot, I do think he deserves to make the roster eventually. Overall he's my third most wanted.

Dixie Kong:
Chance: 7%

Dixie has one small advantage over Dee in my eyes and that is that Sakurai has definitely considered her before thanks to what we know of Brawl.
He's gone back to characters before such as Pac-Man, Villager and Ridley and it could be Dixie's time to shine.

But again, we only have three fighters left and competition is fierce. I'm not sure if I think she's the lead first party right now, I'd probably give that to Rex, but she's top five IMO.

If Dee is my third most wanted, Dixie is my second(no prizes for guessing my first). I've always liked Dixie Kong. Heck I liked her more than Diddy and my time with Tropical Freeze only cemented her as my favourite Kong member.

Dixie, much like Dee is a character I think definitely deserves to get on the roster at some point and am pretty surprised it hasn't happened yet.

Rex prediction: 45%
Gen 8 mon: 53%

Last edited:

Dan Quixote

Smash Lord
Yep as soon as I saw our favorite hat-wearer on the list, I knew RTC would be inundated in some really long responses for a day. Not that that's a problem, Dixie and Dee deserve it! I'll just provide a moment of more brevity in my response though.

That's not even a hat

CHANCE - 25%
First party fighters kinda get the shaft here sadly. Before we get into Bandana Waddle Dee's popularity and various other factors, we need to cope with the fact that Nintendo clearly cares about hype factor here. That does not equal popularity. Terry was famously unknown before he was added. Hype factor is more what Nintendo feels their ability to sell a fighter is. How much they can boost the fighter up and make 'em seem like the coolest thing ever. BWD has his fans, and he's a very important character in a very important franchise. Like I said for Monster Hunter before, if this chance ranking was for "will they ever join Smash eventually, even in future games" then it'd be 100%. But we're in the DLC stage now, and BWD's got a loud and devoted fanbase, but is it big enough? I don't see first-party fighters added unless they're tied to something very recent and big so Nintendo can make it seem super cool.

WANT - 50%
I like BWD, and I like Kirby. BWD just feels right, y'know? I know people have said this plenty of times already, but he really is the fourth most important character in the series with how often he appears. He's iconic, and he'd bring a unique weapon with him. Plus he could utilize other copy abilities gained from waddle-type enemies like Parasol or Beam. In the end though, I just don't care about him too much. Like there's other characters I have deeper connections to and BWD isn't someone I'd put work into campaigning for. Because like, there is some, SOME, merit to the infamous "Goomba with a hat" defense. That's a stupid way of phrasing it. But like, he doesn't have a name. If he had a name I swear half of the people who say that would be gone. I wish he had something more of a unique design.

Prepare for trouble, and make it double

CHANCE - 5%
Take what I said for BWD and apply it to Dixie Kong tenfold. Unlike the Dee, the Dixie does not have a rabid and longtime fanbase that's been a part of Smash speculation for years and years. Well she does but it's a lot smaller. Getting King K. Rool and Ridley proves to me that the devs at least pay a little attention to requests online. Again, if this score involved future games then Dixie would be a lot higher. She's iconic and part of a famous, still active series! And they could save dev time by making much of her normals similar to Diddy. I know she wouldn't be an echo but still. But DLC just isn't the time for more DK imo.

WANT - 30%
I got my DK fill with K. Rool tbh. While I think Dixie Kong would be a cool addition, and she certainly has some unique qualities that would make her a cool fighter, I'm biased towards representing what is not already represented. The Donkey Kong universe is doing just fine in SSBU, so I'm not pining for Dixie here. But I would never say no to her.

Nominations: Tetra x20

Predictions: Rex 55%, Gen VIII Pokémon 65%
(dang we got some LIKELY ones next round, that's always fun)

Oracle Link

Smash Master
User was warned for this post
Hat Goomba
He doesn't really seem like a DLC character, unless he somehow manages to get his own game. I don't think that's going to happen though.

I guess I'm the party pooper this time around it seems. The only reason I'd want him is for more Kirby music. He's a generic mook with a bandana and a spear, that's not what I want for the final DLC characters.
People say; "Oh, but he's the 4th main character of the Kirby series, he has to be in", but I don't see it. I've played 3 of the latest Kirby games(Triple Deluxe, Robobot and Star Allies), and he's about as relevant as someone like Kawasaki or the Ice guy.
Luckily there arent many People like you (your probably still a decent Person but everything you write here is dumb)
1st. He isnt a goddamn Hat Goomba
2nd. He has a lot of importance in a lot of Spinoffs
3rd. Hes a Dreamfriend like Dedede and Metaknight and Magolor and Marx so hes just as Importanat as Them
4th. He also has a diffrent Color being more Reddish
5th. GENERIC MOOK screw that Wadsdle Dees are some of the best and most charismatic Enemys Ever

6th. I GO UP AND DOWN PLANT
7th. He may not be the most interesting Character in Kirby but Kirby is full of Demi Gods or other Crazy ****
I mean i could also say Luigi and Zelda/shiek are not the most Intersting Characters
8th. I do not have anything against you not wanting him but saying Hat Goomba and being just mean is not Nice
You made him sad

Also my wish
Bandana Dee
Chance: 10-30% sadly
Want:99%

Dixie:
Chance: 2%
(shes a fine Character but i think she fits more in the Next Smash)

Last edited:

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Hat Goomba

Dixie Kong

She has a slightly better shot, as she has already starred in her own game. I still doubt they'd add a non-protagonist character for a promotional pick though.

Want: 20%
While Cranky is my wish for another DK rep, Diddy is fun to play, and I'd imagine she'd play somewhat similarly. Still would prefer Shantae as a "hair-whipping character" though.

Predictions
Rex: 23.1%
Gen 8 Pokémon: 42.5%
Wooper?:0.1%

Nominations
Rallen x10
I'd argue that a recurring supporter is more notable than a miniboss who is never really elaborated on. They're recurring minibosses, yes, but they only show up to fight you and then get eaten. Bandana Dee actively helps Kirby out on his journeys and gets a fair bit more prominence. I think there's a reason he was in the base game of Star Allies alongside mainstays like Meta Knight and Dedede. Plus his starring roles in Rainbow Curse and Battle Royale, where he's Kirby's main helper while Meta and Dedede are no-shows in the former and enemies in the latter.

And if anyone still thinks of Bandana Dee as just a Hat Goomba, I will redirect you to this incredibly threatening image once more
GunGoomba.png

Oracle Link

Smash Master
I'd argue that a recurring supporter is more notable than a miniboss who is never really elaborated on. They're recurring minibosses, yes, but they only show up to fight you and then get eaten. Bandana Dee actively helps Kirby out on his journeys and gets a fair bit more prominence. I think there's a reason he was in the base game of Star Allies alongside mainstays like Meta Knight and Dedede. Plus his starring roles in Rainbow Curse and Battle Royale, where he's Kirby's main helper while Meta and Dedede are no-shows in the former and enemies in the latter.

And if anyone still thinks of Bandana Dee as just a Hat Goomba, I will redirect you to this incredibly threatening image once more
View attachment 298730
Yeah i already did this but Hat goomba is just stupid!
Bandana Waddle Dee is awesome!

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Yeah i already did this but Hat goomba is just stupid!
Bandana Waddle Dee is awesome!
I mean, it's not necessarily wrong; His species fills the Goomba role of being a weak, common mook and he has some headgear. It only starts being incorrect when you insinuate that he's just a mook with a hat and nothing more.

Last edited:

Oracle Link

Smash Master
I mean, it's not necessarily wrong; His species fills the Goomba role of being a weak, common mook and he has some headgear. It only starts being incorrect when you insinuate that he's just a mook with a hat and nothing more.
I guess but nobody calls Captain Toad Hat Toad or something!

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Personally I think Bandana Dee is a lot more comparable to Toad than a Goomba, anyway. Waddle Dees kind of fulfill the role of both Goombas and Toads at the same time due to Dedede’s fluctuating role through the series, and will serve as friends just as often as they will opponents.

Bandana Dee in turn is a pretty standard looking member of his species who takes on the additional player role and has asserted himself as a major cast member / an ally of the hero. This is almost beat for beat Toad’s role in Mario, he’s just been around a lot longer so people don’t complain about it.

“Hat goomba” is used more sarcastically than anything nowadays but the flaw in that label has always been that, outside of Paper Mario, Goombas have never served as a major ally to Mario or as a frequent playable character. If Goombario was in NSMB it’d be a different story - for now I think it’s much more productive to recognize the parallels to Toad rather than a common mook (plus I mean, we’ve already got one of those in the game too).

Last edited:

JCKirbs

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SuperMushroomU
It's that time of year again, eh?... Excellent.

Bandana-Wearing, Apple Juice-Drinking, Spear-Wielding Wanya Warrior:

Chance - 25%
I certainly wanted to raise my personal rating of his chances this time, but I still wanted to keep my expectations in check. After all, Bandana Dee is a 1st Party character and 1st Party characters seem to be selected for more specific reasons than 3rd Party characters; leaning heavily towards promotional purposes more than anything else in my eyes. In fact, every DLC fighter either promotes a whole series (especially if it wasn't previously unrepresented in Smash beforehand) or a single game (usually if the franchise already has representation in Smash).
Byleth is probably the best example of how Nintendo/Sakurai would tackle new representation for a 1st Party series with existing content in Smash already; through introducing a brand-new world/chapter within a respective series (which is the world of Three Houses, in this case). Therefore, in Bandana Dee's case, he would only have Star Allies to promote thus far... but even then, a game like Star Allies probably wouldn't even be an ideal game to promote; especially considering that Bandana Dee doesn't exactly have a starring role in that game, at least in comparison to his roles in games like Kirby's Return to Dream Land or Kirby and the Rainbow Curse. Not to mention that the mixed reception towards Star Allies is probably something which no one really wants to return back to (despite how it made for a decent celebration of Kirby's history).

But does this mean the complete and devastating end for Bandana Dee? Not necessarily.

Bandana Dee still has quite a lot going for him generally, and if Nintendo/Sakurai saw Byleth and Min Min as good choices for Smash, then I believe that Bandana Dee would be just as good in terms of popularity, reception, notability, and abilities. He just needs to fulfill a key promotional purpose Nintendo would be looking for, and HAL might have the solution to that. Bandana Dee has clearly been pushed as more than a mere side-character in the core Kirby series as time went on, taking on roles as a main protagonist in order to help Kirby on his adventures. Since 2011, he has been featured in multiple games as a playable and/or supporting character as well with his own personally established abilities and strengths. Therefore, it would be to no one's surprise if he was featured in the next core Kirby game (said to be the "pinnacle" of the series). Assuming that Bandana Dee has a more crucial role in the game as a whole (made easier if he was a playable character from the start), he could promote that particular game in Smash thus giving him a promotional purpose. I'm slightly more confident about bigger plans heading for the Kirby series in 2021 thanks to HAL's recent statement, so hopefully the stars will finally align this time. But for now, expectations will remain in check for me personally.

Want - 100%
Let it be known that my support for Bandana Dee will forever surpass my thoughts on his chances.
After continuously clocking in at the #1 spot on my "Most Wanted Characters for Smash" list, I don't think I'll ever rest my voice until Bandana Dee is in an official Super Smash Bros. game. On top of the fact that the Kirby series is one of my most favorite Nintendo franchises, Bandana Dee has certainly grown to be my favorite Kirby character over the years. Not to mention that he was essentially the first character to give me an idea of what it truly means to rally behind a character's inclusion for a legendary series like Smash. His inclusion in particular would commend his constant and distinctive growth within the Kirby series, originally being Kirby's rival/enemy before becoming his best, inseparable friend. Additionally, while other Kirby characters were practically born with their main abilities, Bandana Dee seemingly developed his core strengths over time; specifically though mastering the elements of the Spear ability. Furthermore, was eventually recognized as a core representative for Waddle Dees, a species which has been with the Kirby series since the very beginning. Which all adds onto his position as practically the 4th main character of the Kirby series since the beginning of the Modern Kirby era. Honestly, I'd say that it would be pretty hard to write the little guy off at this point, especially since HAL may still have big plans for him in the future.

Hair-Twirling, Guitar-Playing, Kroc-Stomping Kong:

Chance - 25%

Similar to Dee, I believe that Dixie Kong would benefit from the ability to promote a brand-new game in the DKC series. Otherwise, she could easily fall back on the critically acclaimed DKC: Tropical Freeze game, considering that the series could use more representation from that particular game in every area (music, stage, Spirits). Generally speaking though, Dixie has already solidified her place as a core staple in the DKC series so I would assume that she also has popularity and notability backing her inclusion from the start. Now, the reason why I didn't rate her chances any higher was because the DKC franchise already got K. Rool for Ultimate's base game and he was clearly a more popular pick than Dixie. Therefore, I'm not sure if Nintendo would be completely inclined to look towards the DKC franchise again for a new 1st Party rep if the demand for Dixie isn't as massive (but that's not say it would be a particularly bad business move).

Want - 100%
What can I say? Dixie has more than earned it at this point, and I think she would make an excellent addition to the roster at any point in time.
Not to mention that I've always liked the idea of her utilizing her hair for certain moves and attacks, as well as other weaponry such as her bubble-gum popgun. Her upbeat and charming attitude/playstyle would also bring some genuinely added flair to the battlefield, so overall she'd be a very solid pick.

I always liked seeing these two characters being rated together, honestly.
For being non-human 1st Party characters, they both have really shown how much they would belong in a game like Smash.

Now, as a bonus for anyone interested, I would like to bring up my moveset concept for Bandana Dee since I believe that he has more than enough potential to be an interesting fighter. As you may notice, there is a discrete emphasis on additional functions in order to spice the moves up, along with moves inspired by other abilities such as "Parasol" and "Staff".
(Note that every feasible move, including get-up attacks, isn’t entirely noted within the moveset since the focus is on core elements of Bandana Dee's kit).

Jab - Spear Poke
Bandana Dee delivers a simple, straight-forward poke with his spear.

Rapid Jab - Multi-Spear Attack
Bandana Dee unleashes a flurry of spear jabs ending with one powerful thrust.

Up-Tilt - Parasol Unfurl
Bandana Dee quickly raises his (closed) parasol into the air before unfurling it to finish the attack.
  • As a bonus, by holding the attack button, the parasol would remain held above Bandana Dee’s head. This provides him with increased protection from airborne attacks while rendering him free to move around.
  • Walking off ledges would cause him to descend more slowly.
  • Once the attack button is released, Bandana Dee would release the parasol from his hands, allowing it to float upwards and deal additional damage while encasing the ability to juggle opponents.

Side-Tilt - Dual-Spear Attack
Bandana Dee jabs to the side twice, with the first jab delivered at a slightly upwards angle, and the second jab delivered at a slightly downwards angle. (This move can still be aimed).

Down-Tilt - Slide
Bandana Dee extends his feet while sliding forward in a common and classic fashion.

Up-Smash - Chumbrella Unfurl
Bandana Dee raises a (closed) Chumbrella over his head before unfurling it to finish the attack.
  • As a bonus, by holding the attack button, the Chumbrella would remain held above Bandana Dee’s head. This provides him with increased protection from airborne attacks while rendering him free to move around.
  • Walking off ledges would cause him to descend more slowly.
  • Once the attack button is released, Bandana Dee would release the Chumbrella from his hands, allowing it to float upwards and deal additional damage while encasing the ability to juggle opponents.
  • Has a tipper effect to accompany its increased size and length in comparison to the parasol.

Side Smash - Spear Thrust
Bandana Dee sends out a powerful thrust with his Spear.
  • While charging this move, Bandana Dee would twirl the spear in his hand, dealing additional damage before completing the attack.
  • Has a tipper effect.

Down Smash - Super Megaton Punch
Bandana Dee swiftly punches the ground below him, affecting a certain radius around the area of impact.
  • Opponents struck by the punch itself will be instantly buried.
  • A pillar of rock will erupt from the ground on both sides of Bandana Dee, launching nearby opponents away.
  • These pillars of rock will also shield Bandana Dee from sudden attacks (physical or projectile) on either side of him.

Neutral Air - Windmill Spear Twirl
Bandana Dee twirls his spear in front of him like a front-facing windmill.

Up Air - Skyward Thrust
Bandana Dee strikes the air above him with his spear.

Forward Air - Triple-Spear Attack
Bandana Dee quickly stabs the air three times to the side with his spear.

Down Air - Moon Drop
Bandana Dee descends while striking downwards with his spear.

Back Air - Waddle Kick
Bandana Dee delivers a strong kick backwards.

Grab
Bandana Dee uses his left hand to grab opponents.

Pummel
Bandana Dee rapidly jabs his opponent with his spear.

Forward Throw - Spear Sweep
Bandana Dee pushes his spear into his opponent before sweeping them away.

Up Throw - Circus Throw
Bandana Dee uses his parasol to twirl and tumble his opponent around before tossing them.

Back Throw - Spear Suplex
Bandana Dee pushes his spear into his opponent before hauling them backwards and over his head until they crash onto the ground behind him.

Down Throw - Waddle Slam
Bandana Dee throws his opponent onto the ground before jumping up and dropping a punch onto them.

Dash Attack - Gale Thrust
Bandana Dee glides through the air for a short distance with his spear stretched out in front of him.

Neutral Special - Waddle Spear Throw
Bandana Dee throws a single spear at an angle.
  • Charging the move would allow Bandana Dee to perform “Waddle Triple Throw”, granting him three spears to throw instead of one.
  • Spears temporarily stick to general surfaces, allowing them to be picked up and thrown again by any player.
  • If Bandana Dee holds a spear in his hand, he would automatically throw two spears with “Waddle Spear Throw” and the charge for “Waddle Triple Throw” would be shortened.

Side Special - Aqua Drill
Bandana Dee charges up his parasol to release a ball of water which briefly stuns opponents.
  • The size and stun power of the water ball depends on the length of charge.
  • A short charge produces a small water ball, which travels a short distance with low stun power.
  • A long charge produces a larger water ball, which travels a long distance with high stun power.

This move also allows Bandana Dee to use a combination of moves in a set order as follows:

Parasol Drill

- Activated after pressing the “B” button again at any time.
- Causes Bandana Dee to rush forward with an open parasol.

Parasol Spin
- Activated after holding the “B” button once “Parasol Drill” is activated.
  • Causes Bandana Dee to spin his parasol 360 degrees around him.
  • Stops “Parasol Drill”.

Parasol Twirl
- Activated after holding the “B” button once “Parasol Drill” is activated AND pushing the left stick downwards.
  • Causes Bandana Dee to twirl his parasol underneath him.
  • Stops “Parasol Drill”.

Parasol Scoop
- Activated after holding the “B” button once “Parasol Drill” is activated AND pushing the left stick upwards.
- Causes Bandana Dee to sweep his parasol into the sky at an arc before doing a forward flip while slamming the parasol against the ground.

Up Special - Waddle Copter
Bandana Dee takes to the skies as he twirls his spear over his head like a helicopter blade, causing him to ascend for a period of time.
  • Opponents caught in the ascension would be juggled.
  • Bandana Dee may activate “Spinning Spear” (by pressing “B” while “Waddle Copter” is activated), which releases the spinning spear out of his hands and sends him into freefall. The spear would continue spinning upwards, dealing damage until it eventually disappears.

Down Special - Ground Thrust
Bandana Dee rushes forward with his spear against the ground, before flicking it upwards to finish the move after he has traveled a certain distance.
  • If used in the air, “Ground Thrust” becomes “Air Thrust”.
  • “Air Thrust” causes Bandana Dee to rush forward through the air more quickly than “Ground Thrust” on the ground.
  • Striking an opponent with “Air Thrust” automatically activates “Spear Vault”, sending the spear and his opponent downwards via a meteor effect.

This move also allows Bandana Dee to perform other moves with additional inputs as follows:

Spear Vault

- Activated by pressing the “B” button during “Ground Thrust”.
  • Bandana Dee launches himself into the air after dropping his spear.
  • Opponents caught in “Ground Thrust” will be buried once this move is activated.
  • Pressing any button while this move is in motion will cancel the vault.

Unrelenting Spear
- Activated by pressing the “B” button during “Spear Vault”.
  • Bandana Dee unleashes a flurry of thrusts in front of him, ending with one powerful thrust.
  • This move can be aimed by setting a direction with the left stick while holding “B”.
  • If any other button is pressed during “Spear Vault”, this move couldn’t be activated even if Bandana Dee is still airborne.
  • This move would be canceled if any other button is pressed while the move is still activated.

Spinning Spear Strike
- Activated by pushing upwards on the left stick during “Ground Thrust”.
  • Bandana Dee launches forward at an angle while spinning his spear around his body before slamming it down to finish.
  • This move cannot be cancelled.

Reverse Thrust
- Activated by pushing the left stick in the opposite direction of movement during “Ground Thrust”.
  • Bandana Dee quickly shifts directions before traveling at a faster speed in that direction for a shorter distance before the move is completed.
  • This input may only be done once.

These inputs may be combined to perform combos.

For example:
Ground Thrust -> Spinning Spear Strike -> Spear Vault
Or
Ground Thrust -> Reverse Thrust -> Spinning Spear Strike -> Spear Vault -> Unrelenting Spear

- Inputs would have to be timed correctly in order for certain combos to be performed.
  • “Spear Vault” may only combo into “Unrelenting Spear”
  • “Air Thrust” may only combo as “Spear Vault” -> “Unrelenting Spear”.

Final Smash - Ultra Megaton Punch (Cinematic)

Bandana Dee summons a boulder-sized Waddle Dee ball which slams into opponents within range, sending them to the Megaton Punch Arena.
A flurry of spears strike the opponents from the air, before Bandana Dee is then seen falling from the sky with a flaming fist, eventually striking down on his opponents with immense force. The camera then pans back into space, revealing that Pop Star was almost completely cracked in half as a result of the punch, thus ending the cutscene.

Last edited:

Jomosensual

Smash Champion

View attachment 298730
This reminded me of a good story the last time we rated BWD. Ill just quote it here becuase i cant do it justice
Since the Dee day is still going, I feel like re-visiting one of my favorite memories from Smashboards and Rate their Chances: does anyone here remember bazoomba?

Basically, way back in RTC for Smash 4 someone made the argument that adding Bandanna Dee in Smash was like tossing in a goomba with a bazooka, called Bazoomba.
The hilarity came from the fact both this concept as well as the name sounded so cool and appealing to people that the person making the argument shot themselves in the foot: everyone responded positive to the idea of bazoomba in smash, and we even had people draw out the concept and some even nominate it for getting rated. The hype around bazoomba was glorious. To this day that name is stuck in my memory lol

SharkLord

Smash Hero
This reminded me of a good story the last time we rated BWD. Ill just quote it here becuase i cant do it justice
And the best part is that Epic Yarn actually has Waddle Dees with missile launcher, so if we go the composite Waddle Dee route for Bandana Dee we can actually make him into Bazoomba

Inue Houji

Purplish Wig
Luckily there arent many People like you (your probably still a decent Person but everything you write here is dumb)
Relax, not everyone has to like your character.
In a perfect world everyone would get their favorite characters, but in reality there's only a few spots left. I don't want Bandana Dee to be one of those.

Last edited:

Phoenix Douchebag

Smash Lord
I don't have an image of a Bazoomba, but i went back in time and found this old picture done when i made a joke. (the image wasn't done by me BTW)

I present to you......................Bazooka Dee, with a Mustache.

To not make this too off-topic, i want to give some Noms to:

Ghirahim X5

For predictions:
Tyrannosaurus Rex and his Two (Three Actually) Waifus: 54.12%

Can this post-launch Mii Costume change the odds?

Gen 8 Pokémon: 49.69%

Usually, a franchise that has a Spirit Event post-launch would be seen as disqualified by default, but it seems Pokémon is being given an exception by the community due to being well..................Pokémon, the largest media franchise in the world. Both of these are interesing, as arguing for their inlcusion would go against the narrative that dictates which characters are seen as possible.

Last edited:

Ridrool64

Smash Lord
...all the good material has been taken already.

Chance (both): To understand what I think their chances are, I have to compare them to understand why Nintendo would pick them in the first place. What do they share?: Big hype within the Smash speculation scene, particularly back during pre-E3 2019 when first parties were more popular in speculation than third parties. Even then, I would less say they've slowed down since and moreso say they're in recess periods, to return when the next game comes out.

Bandana Waddle Dee is often in the top 3 most wanted first party newcomers, generally contending with Waluigi and various others for that position of number one. His series' representation is infamously skewed far in the direction of Kirby's Adventure, Super Star, and to a lesser extent Air Ride, with little content (and no new content) not originating from those three games. Sakurai bias, if it was even a factor, may have been defeated by Nintendo.

Dixie Kong: Donkey Kong as a franchise is very popular, and for a long time was considered sorely underrepresented. Diddy took until Brawl to get in (though Melee being rushed + the Rare buyout may have played a role, no evidence suggests he was even considered) and despite being a perennial fan favorite afterwords, K. Rool took until Ultimate, which to many was inexcusable for the franchise that made Nintendo the gaming giant it was.

Ultimately, though, I give them both the same score of 25%. I don't think either of them have a chance until Challenger Pack 11, because I think 9 and 10 will be third parties and 11 is a first party. These are abnormally hype characters for the last slot, but I feel like they're still in the realm of reasonability. However, they have solid strengths and little weaknesses, but compared to the rescued-from-Mii/Assist-hell stories of Rex and Waluigi, they don't have the same level of kick (or relevance, or fan demand). This assumes they have something to promote as well, otherwise somebody like a Pokémon could be more financially viable.

Want (Dee): 50%. This is an extremely popular character that many, many people have wanted for a while now. Back during Smash 4 I felt like he'd be superfluous, and now I can resoundingly say I no longer think so! I'd rather have Gooey because... well, Gooey is a good boy with good moveset potential, but I know when to fold my cards and support Gooey as the fifth Kirby rep. Nobody else really should be fourth other than Bandana Dee.

Want (Dixie): Abstain. My opinion of Dixie Kong as a character and her getting in fluctuates a lot, so I can't definitively say whether or not I would want her or not. However, I must say she's definitely next in line for Donkey Kong.

TF2 rep x max. Rex will have people forget about his DLC Mii Costume and get extremely high scores due to Min Min alone. 60.46%. Pokémon, particularly the most recent generation, is the perennial bogeyman of the Smash speculation scene (alongside Fire Emblem, which has been satisfied), but either people will say "But it's Pokémon" or "But it got a Spirit event" with little to no middle ground. 34.79%.

Inue Houji

Purplish Wig
You can not want a character and you can also not like them but it also matters how you approach the people who do like them and learning to come to a mutual understanding

Remember, modesty is something that is very important
I never approached anyone, I just posted my feelings on the character. If the prospect of a character excites you, I'm happy for you. That doesn't mean I have to agree with them.
I wish I liked Bandana Dee. I wish I could see what makes people love this character so much, so I could join in on the hype.
But I can't. Is that wrong?

I'm not saying people can't argue against my points, but insulting me is going a bit far, don't you think?

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I never approached anyone, I just posted my feelings on the character. If the prospect of a character excites you, I'm happy for you. That doesn't mean I have to agree with them.
I wish I liked Bandana Dee. I wish I could see what makes people love this character so much, so I could join in on the hype.
But I can't. Is that wrong?

I'm not saying people can't argue against my points, but insulting me is going a bit far, don't you think?
It was more of a general statement, I don’t exactly condone how they handled it but at the same time I just think it’s best to handle discussion with respect on both sides is all. This really goes for anything honestly.

Dan Quixote

Smash Lord
Now that the day is almost over just wanna say i totally called (in my head) Dixie basically being entirely ignored in favor of talkin about the Dee

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Day over.

Today we are rating three things:
  • Rex from Xenoblade
  • Gen 8 Pokemon
  • Wooper :194:

Predict Lloyd and Rayman.

Megadoomer Megadoomer

-----

Some songs for today's characters:

Rex

Gen 8 Pokemon

Wooper

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Proof that if there's a god, that they hate me specifically

Chance: 0% Back in 2018, Rex was a frontrunner in the eyes of many and understandably so, but I think I speak for everyone when I see we were surprised Rex was not going to be a DLC character but rather a mii costume. Sakurai said his piece on it due to it being unique as it would only be available if people bought the fighter pass and even said his typical "I hope playing with the costume feels just like the real thing!", A phrase he's used for many Mii Costumes in the past and in the future. Sakurai would later comment on Rex and Spring Man in a Famitsu column, stating that they were too new to be considered for the project plan in 2015, likely because Sakurai either didn't know the game was in development or thought "Nah I'm not waiting another few years to have an accurate character now". Last year, Sakurai showed us Byleth, who many were confused by, as somehow, they completely missed the part Rex was too new for the base game, which wouldn't apply to Byleth because unlike Rex, Byleth lucked out due to timing alongside DLC not needing as much time to wait for a game to be gold to prevent inaccuracy. Now, the first character we got in the second pass was Min Min, to which some took as a sign Rex is happening because he and Spring Man missed out due to timing, this is what I cannot agree with. Mii Costumes have always been consolation prizes and Rex's is even a selling point for the pass, not to mention that if Steve took 5 years from starting negotiations to being playable, that suggests that a second pass was always planned and as they clearly didn't mind bringing in a Spirit and how they blatantly withheld content for a future fighter, why would they not do the same for Rex? What makes Rex so special that he'd get promoted anyway? Fan demand? Pretty much very Mii'd character has just as much, if not more fan demand as Rex. Sakurai liked XB2? Sakurai plays literally hundreds of games a year, XB2 isn't unique in that regard. Sakurai cries himself to sleep because he deeply regrets not adding Rex? Idk man he wanted to put Heihachi and Geno in past Smash games yet those got costumed twice each. There is no reason to suspect Rex's situation is different from literally every other Mii's situation so just like Altaïr, Sans, Travis, etc, I consider his chances dead.

Want: 0% It's no secret that I have strong feelings about this game. I remember when it was first announced January 2017 and being excited even though there were some red flags that I chose to ignore, those being the art style as the hyper anime style looked really offputting compared to the more realistic style 1 and X went for, which is especially notable in the official artwork , and Pyra's design was pretty wack. Fast forward to it's release 11 months later and I could not believe how disappointed I was, not like Xenoblade X which I had a very sour experience with due to literally being stuck on an Affinity Quest for 10 ****ing hours due to bad RNG and a massively stupid ****ing endgame, though I still enjoyed a lot about X. 2 though? As already mentioned I disliked the artstyle. The art direction? Strongly disliked it as I'm sick and tired of all these UwU shy anime girls wearing incredibly skimpy outfits with big bouncy hoinkyboinkies as it's always an artist being horny instead of considering what would fit the character and what a surprise this is a common thing for the Blade designs even if they're barely used well like Nia's Blade form which represents how she's literally opening up and no longer hiding her true nature. I found the voice direction surprisingly bad, which makes sense as according to Skye Bennett, they only got to do 1 take with no direction and if I remember correctly, no context for the lines. That's Sonic Adventure tier. Not that the casting was that much better, getting a ****ton of Americans to do British accents and get a British actress to do multiple American accents. I disliked the many changes made to the gameplay, most notable are the gacha system which lmao gacha and the Affinity Chart getting cut, which hurt the worldbuilding quite a bit imo. I don't like the writing as I found most of the cast dull or even worse, Tora. I don't like how the direction goes against the writing like having Pyra get all blushy and embarrased about Poppi QTpi's outfit not being modest enough or Brighid implying Tora, the character who screams a FUNNY ECKS DEE catchphrase every 3 sentences like the rest of his species suddenly does now, is a misogynist for furiously masturbating to an 8 year old looking kid in a bunnysuit twerking at him only for Brighid to appear in many camera shots solely to show her boob window. I dislike the impact this game has on the series as 1DE kept the most annoying character tic in fiction while using the same shoddy studio that delivered a shoddy dub direction and a lot of more haha peepee I hate women humour that was absent in the original game for the Future Connected stuff. I could go on and on, but I'm already rambling quite a bit at I should get to the actual character. As for Rex himself? Boring as **** and insufferable due to the lack of direction, though to be fair, Smash has a significantly better voice direction so at least his screaming won't make me want to mute the game. "Oh but he would be super fun to play!" Would he really though? Everyone always suggests the same gimmick for him, having Pyra and/or Mythra follow him and the closer he is to them, the more damage he does. On paper, this sounds simple but so does FF2's leveling system. In reality, this means that Rex either has to deal Sheik tier damage when seperated or Pyra has to be incredibly slow so that Rex has to wait for her pacing. This doesn't feel like using the power of bonds to be stronger, it feels like Pyra's a ball and chain. It also sounds like a balancing nightmare because you don't want Rex to be strong enough to just ignore Pyra and still do well but you don't want to make Pyra feel like that ball and chain she'll be. Especially when you get the garbage idea of Pyra being fully invincible people demand her to be and how people don't consider what happens if Pyra gets stuck under the stage or something in terms of balance. All in all, a terrible idea for a terrible character from a terrible game.

GET HYPED FOR nondescriptive

Chance: 5% Alright, so. This is gonna be an interesting day tbh, most, if not everyone agrees that franchises like Resident Evil, River City, etc are all out for a very common reason. That reason being that they got free DLC spirits. Spirits deconfirming was a very common assumption that ended up being true for the first pass, but ultimately got confirmed as speculation due to Min Min, the core difference being that since RE started the trend, they've all been released after the game was done and while negotiations were still being made for the second pass at the very latest. Byleth also highly suggests this is the case, Three Houses didn't get a Spirit Event despite coming out soon, surprise surprise, Byleth happened, Astral Chain was eyed for the same reason until that game also got a Spirit Event right before Byleth's announcement. Now, to the topic at hand, Pokemon got a Spirit Event after we already knew about a second pass, so why am I not giving a full on zero? Because we know for a fact Pokemon always gets special treatment, it's the only franchise that gets to have a character included when they're simply concept art. Pokemon constantly getting the red carpet makes me think it's certainly possible and liklier than most, but I don't think it's that much of an inevitablility.

Want: 0% Usually I'd abstain due to the broad ass category, but for Pokemon, we know for a fact that Sakurai asks Game Freak what the hot, marketable mon they want to promote is, the exceptions being when the games aren't ready for release, so Sakurai went for starters as those are guaranteed popularity. This drastically reduces what Gen 8 mons will be suggested to Sakurai, meaning I'm confident we can pinpoint which mons would be considered. Zacian? I really don't like this thing that just outright ruins random battles, it's easily one of the most broken mons in existence and I ****ing hate it. Zamazenta? That thing's boring as hell and a moveset that's guaranteed to be 90% 'ram into people' sounds equally boring. Urshifu? See Zacian but for VGC, hate this stupid thing that's Fair and Balanced with it's ability to flat out ignore defence boosts and goddamn protect moves. Calyrex? Dull design, wasted story potential and not gonna happen due to it relying on the horse gimmick. The starters? Very much ok at best. It was really hard for me to care about gen 8 mons now that we know that we're getting cuts and the ones I do like such as Grimmsnarl, Obstagoon, Falinks, etc, but they're not the ones that would be considered as they're not being given special treatment by TPC.

Wooper is a physical god that has blessed us mortals, with so much joy I'm not going to use percentages. We always hear the buzzword 'moveset potential' but Wooper has so much of it they can use Ice Punch despite not having any arms, imagine what else they are capable of? As a higher tier deity, they have the choice to absorb all water attacks, ignore stat boosts or make you cower so much in their godly presencd that you can't even kill yourself to escape. This also means that Wooper is the first known cure to severe depression, they will comfort all their worshipers, praise be to the constantly smiling eldritch god, being easily one of the best gen 2 mons and although they'd still be the 11th pokemon, they bring some diversity as gen 2 only has a rushed clone known as Pichu, the stupid idiot baby. Wooper may very well be the best being in the history of mankind, truly a fantastic potential addition. I give them a 1.0 out of 10

Yeah I'm not gonna expect that Wooper rating to get noms lmao

Velvet Crowe x10
Zagreus x10

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
Abstain on Wooper. Never thought I'd see him brought up.

Not to be confused with the Clone Wars character
Chance: 30%

As far as I believe (and I could be wrong), Rex's Mii Costume was only a "death knell" for him during the Vol. 1 days. And even though, it was only a circumstance of Xenoblade 2 being announced too late in Ultimate's production, similar to ARMS. Even if not the likeliest character, being a Mii Costume shouldn't be a roadblock for him for Vol. 2.

Want: Abstain
I've never played Xenoblade 2, so I can't fairly judge Rex in the Want score.

Also, side note; I've been wanting to get into Xenoblade, but the combat system seems a bit too confusing for my tastes.

Why you h8in'?
Chance: 70%

Despite the Spirit Event*, I still think a Gen 8 Mon is fairly likely. Especially if TPC and Sakurai think a good time to announce them is during 2021, since it's Pokemon's 25th anniversary.

I know Sword and Shield have their flaws, but I don't let the quality of a game stop me from wanting a character I like from that game. I'd be okay with any Gen 8 Mon, but the ones I root for especially are:
  • Cinderace
  • Sirfetch'd
  • Toxtricity
  • Zacian
Call me a shill if you want, but I still liked SwSh and their Mons.

*Also, out of the 89 new Pokemon introduced in SwSh (not even counting Galarian or Gigantamax forms), said Spirit Event only used 7 Mons, those being:
  1. Grookey
  2. Scorbunny
  3. Sobble
  4. Morpeko
  5. Corviknight
  6. Zacian
  7. Zamazenta
Granted, the starters and the legendaries were grouped together into single Spirits

Lloyd: 20%
Rayman: 20%

Noms:
Crazy Dave x5

Last edited:

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Funny scuba man

Since my last rating was in-depth and not much has changed, I will just quote myself for both chance and want.

Rex

Chance: 80%

This is the highest chance score I've ever given. And for good reasons.

First, Xenoblade is an ever-growing series with the first game having a Definitive Edition come to Switch this year, and it did quite well with it selling 1 million units in its first month. This shows that the series is still going strong. The main game of today's show, Xenoblade 2, came out 3 years ago and as of March 2019 (the most recent sales figures I could find), the game has sold more than 1.73 million copies, exceeding expectations. This makes it the best selling Xenoblade game and Monolith Soft's best selling game. Xenoblade 2 is a popular game and is often regarded as a notable game for the Switch.

Some people say that Xenoblade 2 is too old to be marketable, but just look at ARMS which got a character. Speaking of ARMS, Sakurai has specifically pointed out both ARMS and Xenoblade 2 as two games that missed the cut for base game due to them coming out too late in the development cycle. This shows that Sakurai and Nintendo are going back to slightly older games to make up for lost opportunities. If ARMS got a character, then so can Xenoblade 2.

Other naysayers will point out Rex's Mii costume and say that it deconfirms Rex. Normally, I would say DLC Mii costumes do deconfirm characters. But his Mii costume is a special case. Instead of being a standalone DLC, his Mii costume was a bonus for buying the Fighters Pass. The crucial difference is that you didn't directly pay money just to get Rex's Mii costume. You paid for the Fighters Pass, not for Rex's Mii costume, and they specifically stated that the Mii costume was a bonus. So it would not be a situation like with the other Mii costumes where you paid to get that Mii costume and then they would charge you more money to pay for the playable character. I hope I made this clear, but basically what I'm saying is that Rex's Mii costume doesn't deconfirm him as a playable character.

I've also seen some people say that there is already some Xenoblade 2 music in the game and that the Smash team might not bother with Rex because of that. While it's possible this could happen, the reality is that there is plenty of Xenoblade 2 music missing so if they needed to make a challenger pack, they would have no shortage of music to pick from. If Nintendo and Sakurai wanted to give Rex another chance, I highly doubt a couple music tracks will stop them.

Overall, Rex is in a great spot. The relevancy argument is dead, Rex is a popular and highly requested character, Xenoblade will continue to get more popular and Nintendo would likely want to capitalize on that by putting in another Xenoblade character, and Sakurai gave Rex a honorable mention. All the signs point to Rex, and dare I say it.....

....I think Rex is the most likely character. Hands down. He is THE frontrunner for this pass. He has virtually no obstacles aside from general competition and Elma, who I will say does have a slight chance but unless she gets another game soon, I can't see her getting in over Rex. This does not mean that I think Rex is a lock, but I would be very shocked if he does not become playable by the end of this pass.

Want: 70%

I'm mostly giving him this score as I think he got gypped of a spot in the base roster. I still don't have much experience with the Xenoblade series but I still think it deserves another rep. I have heard some music from Xenoblade 2 and I'll say that it would be a shame if we were just left with what few tracks we already have. You would think that I would have more to say after I just defended Rex so much, but I don't got much to say. I just think that he would be a fun character and I think he deserves a spot on the roster.
I do want to add a few things. Both Steve and Sephiroth made me lose confidence in first party characters, but at the same time there is growing evidence in favor of content that was planned for base roster but was moved over to DLC. With this in mind, I still think Rex has a lot going in his favor and I still think he is the likeliest character in general.

Shillmon

Chance: 20%

I am less confident in this concept, mostly because there were several spots in the pass that took place at opportune times to announce a fighter from Gen 8 to shill the DLC for Sword and Shield. And yet, that didn't happen. I'm still not counting this concept out yet since Byleth was announced a while after his game was released. But to me it feels like the time for this has passed. This year's Pokemon game is up in the air and when you also consider that Nintendo will have surprises up their sleeve for this year, that lowers the chances of Pokemon being shilled again. I could go lower than this but looking at how the last pass ended, I think there is a good chance this could happen because of course.

Want: 0%

I could go higher than this since this does cover Pokemon like Toxtricity plus legendaries and some other Pokemon from this generation that I do dig. But generally, I will say HELL NO to this. We only got 3 slots left. I want Nintendo to actually give series other than Fire Emblem and Pokemon some love for once. They did a good job with Min Min, now how about other series like I don't know? Rhythm Heaven? Golden Sun? What about Bandana Dee? Or Dixie Kong? Or Rex? They got so many great options that if they just went with Pokemon again (Which already has 11 fighters I believe) then that would be a wasted opportunity. I was going to give this a 1% but after thinking about it, nah. I really don't want this to happen. Give other series a chance for pete's sake.

Wooper God!

Chance: 100%

Come on. This needs no explanation. Everyone likes Wooper. Everyone likes his cute face. It's no secret that Nintendo adores this guy so let's be honest, it's only a matter of time until he gets into the game. Eventually he will assimilate all of us, and the entire roster too, to the point where we have 80+ playable Woopers. It's time for our armless god to come down and bless this game with his ultimate super duper ultra supreme power.

Want: 10000000%

If I gave this anything lower, I would be burned at the stake.

For the record, just count this as an abstain entirely.

Predictions:
Lloyd - 25%
Rayman - 12%

Noms:
Among Us character x15
Excitebiker x10

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I feel like I’m going to upset someone with these, please don’t take offense with them. With that said here we go.

Rex

I think people are really overestimating Rex’s chances and I think it all stems from a misquote. For one Sakurai never actually said Rex was the only character from Xenoblade 2 that was considered, even when the Rex Mii was shown off he said “Characters from Xenoblade 2” and not just Rex. What’s to say another character from that game couldn’t get in? Nia who had a Mii Costume in the base game? Lora who’s the protagonist of Torna who has nothing from that in the game at all? That game’s version of KOS-MOS who has her own figure and is a developer darling? It doesn’t have to be Rex. Furthermore Sakurai likes to choose characters from the most recent games in their series, and the most recent game released is Definitive Edition which was announced the DAY more fighters were announced to be in development and two months before planning was finalized, putting it in the perfect spot. Considering Nintendo has tried for years to have 1 be more successful, now being the perfect time to promote it with it having a bigger install-base, and it being in a better spot I feel like they’d go with a character from that over Rex. Furthermore, the Mii Costume being a DLC bonus for the first Fighters Pass is not a great sign. If they had intentions to include him then I doubt they’d have included it there. So all-in-all I really don’t think Rex is as likely as some say he is and I think his time has passed.

Want- 40%

I say this as a massive Xenoblade fan, Rex would be possibly the most boring choice you could go with. I didn’t really enjoy Rex as a character in Xenoblade 2 and found him to be kind of annoying (not helped by his English voice). In terms of abilities he brings pretty much nothing new to the table being a standard swordsman with elemental effects, compare that to the other characters from the series and he’s probably the one I want the least from the series. Compare him to KOS-MOS, Fiora (both versions), Melia, Elma, and even other characters from his own game, and I’m just more interested in them then him since almost no other one listed uses a sword. The only reason he’s as high as he is? I’ll take any Xenoblade character at this rate. Tbh I don’t have a preference on who the next Xenoblade character is I just think it should get someone else and it’s far overdue for a character. But out of them all Rex is not very high on that list.

Gen 8 Pokémon

Chance- 5%

Another character choice I think is overestimated simply because it’s Pokémon. First off, Nintendo doesn’t really have much reason to use Smash to market Pokémon, it’s ****ing Pokémon, of course it’s going to sell well on it’s own, they’d likely want to market a game they can further grow a playerbase for and Pokémon isn’t really good for that being the highest-grossing media franchise in the entire world beating Star Wars and Marvel by a significantly large margin. Second off, it literally had a Spirit event already, I don’t think if they had intentions to include another Pokémon then they’d do a Spirit event. Like I really don’t see it happening honestly.

Want- 5%

Can we please not? I love Scorbunny and his evolutionary line but tbh I can do without another Pokémon, mainly from this generation specifically. Sword and Shield has had enough controversy to last a lifetime and I don’t want Smash further fueling that fire. And besides I’d rather have a Pokémon from a previous generation like Eevee, Meowth, or Zoroark who are more unique and more important than a Gen 8 Pokémon probably ever will be (huge shame all are Pokeballs...). I’m pretty open-minded to most ideas (as evident from my very high want scores for most characters) but a Gen 8 Pokémon is kinda where I draw that line in the sand lmfao. So yeah let’s just... Not? Please.

So all-in all these are two inclusions I both think are really overestimated by people because of misconceptions people have, and also ones I’m not super thrilled about. I’d prefer other characters from their own series honestly. They seem super vanilla to me and I’m just like come on you could choose so much better choices lmfao. But yeah that’s my rating.

Nominations:
A Xenoblade character (x20)
Kaede Akamatsu (x10)

Last edited:

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
Day over.

Today we are rating three things:
  • Rex from Xenoblade
  • Gen 8 Pokemon
  • Wooper :194:

Predict Lloyd and Rayman.

Megadoomer Megadoomer

-----

Some songs for today's characters:

Rex

Gen 8 Pokemon

Wooper

Rex
Chance: 25
I doubt Rex will come. Even with the whole Mii costume thing, which I doubt deconfirms, I dunno, my gut just says he ain't gonna happen.
Want: 100
I'd love to see Rex. He's cool and all and got some cool stuff.

Gen 8 Pokemon
Chance: 85
I heavily believe this is gonna happen. Just feels inevitable if you get what I mean.
Want: 85
I'd love to see a lot of these Pokemon in Smash, whether it be Cinderace, Dragapult, Sirfetch'd, Rillaboom, Obstagoon, or even Snom.

Wooper
Chance: 0
Heavily doubt he'll ever be considered.
Want: 100
Yes.

Top Bottom