• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances - Smash Ultimate Edition! Day 672: Five Most Likely First and Third Parties for Smash 6, and Final Goodbyes

Calamitas

Smash Champion
That being said, ARMS and SNK's various works are both fighting games, so it would be harder to pin down the exact "main character." For something more plot-driven like Xenoblade, we'd know who it would be immediately, and Sakurai says he doesn't go for shock value because it wears off quickly.
Actually, that reminds me of a tangentially related thought I had recently: Imagine if for one of the upcoming fighters they just announce "This fighter was a Blade in Xenoblade Chronicles 2!". That'd be some carnage in the speculation scene.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Actually, that reminds me of a tangentially related thought I had recently: Imagine if for one of the upcoming fighters they just announce "This fighter was a Blade in Xenoblade Chronicles 2!". That'd be some carnage in the speculation scene.
Not even a driver? A blade?

Oooh.... That'd get hairy...

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Min Min Satisfaction: 99.9%

Most wanted Arms Fighter by a long shot. She was my favourite character in the game and my main so I'm very happy she's the fighter they went with. I'm satisfied with the choice they made for a stage, Spring Stadium may be Spring Man's home stage but it just works better for how Min Min plays, the Ramen Bowl would've been a terrible stage given Min Min's horizontal battle style. I'm glad that Arms is getting a bunch of music in the game as well as the game has a pretty damn good soundtrack, Ramen Bowl, DNA Lab, Temple Grounds, Via Dolce, Sparring Ring, [NAME REDACTED], amoung others were some of my favourites in the game as well.
Min Min's moveset looks pretty solid as well. Definitely stands out from the rest of the Smash cast and I'm glad they incorporated her reflector kick and her dragon arm in a way that seems to match how she plays in Arms.

Also that reveal trailer was epic af. You could tell it was made with a lower budget but the quality still made it one of the cleanest looking animated trailers that Smash has had so far. And I was hoping they'd do the reveal in a royal rumble type of style for Arms instead of the Kencineroar sequel that a lot of people were talking about.

Deducted 0.1% from my satisfaction simply because we have to wait until the 29th before we get the DLC. Although any delays it gets are understandable due to the circumstances, as well as the fact that after the fact any wait is moot.

Looking forward to playing as best Arms girl once she's released.

Edit: Oh yeah haven't even touched on her 'breaking' the Spirit rule, although I never considered it a rule to begin with, but still at least it's something fans can at least look past.

Last edited:

waddledeeonredyoshi

Smash Lord
Oh yeah, satisfaction!
Giving her a 95%. Spirit rule is dead, hallelujah! Min Min was my pick for a upgraded ARMS character anyway. Just glad they didn't go for the boring one. She also appeals to the "Female fighter" crowd and was the favorite of a certain someone who sadly couldn't witness this. I may have been wrong on the stage but I'm fine with that because I was right about the music being basically the whole ost. The trailer was also sick tho I didn'tlike how the first shot was a dead giveaway. I was also hoping her alts would've atleast referenced the other fighters in the trailer.

The Boss: 2.36%
Decidueye: 5.12%
Now, nominations. I took out the characters on the fixed schedule, and also the two concepts relating to Spirit promotions as they're confirmed and disconfirmed, respectively. The list took quite the shakeup as a result, but given we're, what, over a month away from the end of the schedule, who knows how it'll look by then.

The Stretchers x120
Concept: A person of color x120
D.Va x110
Moogle x105
Nate Adams x100
Tidus x100
Zelda (BotW sequel) x100

100 - 51

Alex Mason x95
Concept: Pokémon Mystery Dungeon content x91
Concept: Darksiders rep x80
Sackboy x80
[Rerate] Frisk x80
Proto Man x75
Red (Angry Birds) x75
Shuichi Saihara x75
Fulgore x74
Lu Bu (Dynasty Warriors) x65
Boss: Ender Dragon x61

50 - 25

Dwight Fairfield (Dead by Daylight) x50
Mii Costume: Jill Stingray x50
Concept: SNES-era Final Fantasy rep x50
Echo: Xion (Sora) x48
Echo: Zeraora (Lucario) x45
Concept: Content from currently unreleased game (not Spirit Events) (as of May 17th 2020) x45
The Terrarian x45
[Rerate] Ezio x45
Echo: Dark Bowser (Bowser) x44
Sakura Shinguji x42
Stage: Bowser's Castle x38
Echo: Lord Fredrik (King K. Rool) x37
Gooigi x37
Concept: More ATs as one new item x35
Concept: Second F-Zero rep x34
Urbosa x30
Giygas x30
Austin the Butler (Gardenscapes) x30
Concept: Assist Trophies added in updates x27
Rival Pokémon Trainer x25
Concept: Dark Souls rep x25

Under 25

Concept: Returning stages x21
Jin Sakai x20
Billy Hatcher x20
Zeraora x15
Black Shadow x15
Wolf Link x15
Concept: Fighter Pass Volume 2 is half Nintendo and half third party x15
Concept: FP2 character comes with an Echo Fighter x15
Boss: Rayquaza x11
[Rerate] Jin Kazama x10
[Rerate] Monokuma x10
Gran/Djeeta x10
Lora and Jin x10
Otto Matic x10
The Avatar (Ultima) x10
Neptune (Hyperdimension Neptunia) x10
Concept: Bravely Default rep x10
Concept: Rocket League rep x10
Chell x8
Magolor x7
Taranza x6
Concept: Darkstalkers rep x6
Sparky (Clash Royale) x5
Concept: Overwatch character x5
Asha (Wonder Boy) x5
Mii Costume: Hat Kid x5
Concept: Portal 2 rep x5
Breath of the Wild 2 Ganondorf x5
Tick (Brawl Stars) x5
King Graham x5
Concept: Fortnite character x5
Cooking Mama x5
Jill (Drill Dozer) x5
Asuka (Senran Kagura) x5
Furret x5
Deku Scrub x5
Mii Costume: Edward Falcon x5
Concept: A LABO character x5
Cynthia x5
Concept: Bonus character x5
John Marston x5
Concept: No AT promotions x5
[Rerate] Morrigan Aensland x5
[Rerate] Cadence x5
Mii Costume: Alex Kidd x5
Klonoa x5
Riptor x5
Concept
: Generic Zora x3
Three Mage Sisters x2
Concept: A Pokémon Trainer who fights x2
Concept: A fighter who uses all kicks x2
[Rerate] Metal Sonic x2
Concept: Generic Goron x2
Mii Costume: Jacket x2
Echo (Olimar) x1

The new top seven consists of The Stretchers, Concept: A person of color, D.Va, Moogle, Nate Adams, Tidus, and Zelda. My monkey's paw dictates that every time I get a character into the top seven, they're either second to last or just after a fixed schedule, so this is par for the course.

Challengers approaching! We have Klonoa, Riptor, and Mii Costume: Alex Kidd, each with 5 noms!

Now, a lot of you gave nominations to characters that ended up on the fixed schedule. I figure it's only fair that you get the chance to change them, so waddledeeonredyoshi waddledeeonredyoshi DaUsername DaUsername Sari Sari @RouffWestie SKX31 SKX31 please tell me who you'd like to give those noms to instead.

Likewise, jamesster445 jamesster445 @RouffWestie and RealPokeFan11 RealPokeFan11 are giving noms for today (the satisfaction day) to characters on the fixed schedule, so I advise changing those. Just an edit to your original post is fine.

And I'm not seeing many of you giving noms, so take this as a reminder that you can!
I'd like to convert all my Eggman and Captain Toad noms into noms for Concept: Deltarune content

SKX31

Smash Master
Better than post-apocalyptic instant noodles: 85 %

I might have been absolutely non-comittal in my prediction post, but Min Min was on the table, and now she's chosen. I honestly don't have that much personal interest in ARMS (I'm someone whose favorite Smash games are - at least to watch competitively - in order: Melee, Ultimate. 64, 4, Brawl. Yeah, I tend to prefer speed, combos and movement). So even though I personally prefered Max Brass / Dr. Coyle it's not a huge deal anyway: the ARMS character would any way have long reach but likely somewhat high lag.

Min Min does have some traits that raised interest: she's got weapon switching that she can do quickly - effectively bypassing the set rotation, - she has a huge reach (albeit she's probably going to struggle up close as Sakurai noted), and she has effectively two different Up-Bs (that aren't dependent on charging up). I'm not sure she's going to be "fun to play against online" or "really irritating to play against online" (probably the latter given Nintendo's online)

One topic was raised in the main newcomer thread: that Min Min, as a character with obvious Chinese influence (she speaks a couple Chinese sentences too, making it the third language spoken in Smash alongside Japanese and English)* would be popular amongst Chinese audiences. I did some research and answered more in detail here. (Sidenote; There was a notable uptick in interest after Terry's reveal there, leading to more interest in Byleth's and Min Min's reveals)

Really, Min Min was a great addition, not going to lie there - but not the absolute best because of my personal disinterest in ARMS. Vault Boy takes the spot just because of how unexpected any form of FallOut representation was.

*(This aspect was also raised in a Weibo - Chinese Twitter - thread.)

Nominations redirected to Tidus +5x noms to FFX's ocean sword boy.

Preds: The Boss 0,05 %
Decidueye: 1,5 %

Ninjaed

Smash Journeyman
Nah, there could realistically only be 2 candidates: Pyra or... err, spoilers. So I'll just say best girl. But why would we have Pyra without Rex? So I'd bet all my money on best girl in that case. If they said "a secondary character from Xenoblade Chronicles", it'd likely be Melia who had quite a bit of spotlight added, or Fiora.

Where you would indeed get some carnage in speculation would be: "a character from the Xenoblade Chronicles franchise". 1, 2, X? Or "a character from the Tales series". Or "another fighter from Final Fantasy". But speaking of 3rd parties, pretty much all of them would feature the mascot/protagonist so no carnage there. DMC would be Dante, AA would be Phoenix, etc...

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Sakurai’s Cat didn’t show up 0/10 (/s)

Min Min satisfaction: 100%

I’ll be honest, before March I thought ARMS was not getting in due to having a assist. Once March hit I looked at all the characters and of them, Lola Pop and Min Min seemed to have my favorite designs so I decided to throw my hat in for them. Come June and wow Min Min!

First: A quick negative of the reveal, the whole “fight over the invite” worked but it feels like a sting to those who wanted say... Spring Man (him especially with being the first to get it, first to lose it, the artwork doesn’t help matters).

I enjoyed Min Min’s moveset overview and it looks like someone I would genuinely play. Stage looks fun, and the Mii’s look alright (poor Heihachi) with Vault Boy being the cool “Mii Gunner doesn’t know who they are anymore” costume. (Joke because she keeps getting these cool costumes).

KirbyMonadoBoy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shulkinator
Min Min satisfaction: 99 %

Min Min was by far my most wanted character from ARMS and I'm so hyped, can't wait to play her. Glad that we finally got a Chinese character in Smash and she even has the Chinese voicelines, the way she said "Wǒ ài Lāmiàn!" ( = " I love Ramen!") during her splashscreen-reveal was so freaking epic.

The trailer was awesome and the whole presentation was great. The only wish that wasn't fulfilled is the Ramen Bowl as a stage, I think this would have been really unique. Still, I'm in love with the reveal and her great moveset! Furthermore now I have hope that spirits like Shantae, Paper Mario, Rayman and Mipha still can make it as a playable fighter.

Last edited:

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Day over. Rate The Boss (Saints Row) and Decidueye and predict Doomguy and Dragonborn.

warpenguin55

Smash Journeyman
Abstain on the boss, my Saints Row knowledge basically is that it exists.

Decidueye
Chance: 0%
Nothing has changed for Decidueye. It's chances are still as dead in the water as the day Incineroar was revealed.

Want: 0%
I'd rather not double dip on regions. Gen 8 has some cool options, and if we get another Pokemon rep, I'd rather get one of them.

Predict:
Doom Guy: 1%
Dragonborn: 6%

Noms: Alex Mason x5

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Not too certain it's too late for this, but...

Min Min Satisfaction - 75%

I'll admit, of the characters typically viewed as likely, she was the one that I least wanted in. I would have much preferred that Spring Man would've gotten in, and several things seem to highlight how odd of a choice it was, such as Spring Stadium.

Still, I would be relatively happy with any ARMS character, and I'm glad anyone manged to get in without being over-the-top gimmicky. It'll probably be one of the few DLC I'll end up buying.

I'll do the others latter.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Some music for today's characters:

Note: Some of the most well known Saints Row tracks are real world songs like Power and What is Love. Since tracks like those won't get into Smash for obvious reasons, the music post is made up of songs from the actual games.

EDIT: For the Saints Row songs I almost forgot to add one of the catchiest customization screen themes in all of gaming.

How Ultra Necrozma's theme didn't make it into Smash still baffles me to this day.

Last edited:

DaUsername

Smash Ace
NNID
DaUsername
Switch FC
SW-1418-0536-1998
Min Min satisfaction: 100%
My only experience with ARMS was the free week they did back in April, so I don't really have much experience with the game. Though I did like playing as Min Min a bit more than the other characters, so it's cool that she was the one that was chosen. Her moveset looks great, too, I can't wait to play as her in Smash. The stage/music are great, too.
I'm glad to see that the streak of bad first party DLC newcomers is finally broken, it took 5 years, but we did it!

Boss prediction: 1%
Decidueye prediction: 2%
I'm not sure who to nom here, uh...
Oh, I know! I'll do what all the cool kids do and nom a character from an indie game I like that will obviously never be in Smash.
Noms: The Bard (Wandersong) x5 [plus the noms from the other day or however that's supposed to work.]

jamesster445

Smash Lord
The Boss

I don't play Saint's Row at all so I'l abstain from this one. Still think it's on the unlikely side though.

Owliver Queen
Want: 90%

Incineroar kinda killed Decidueye's chances. And at this point even if we get a new Pokemon, it'll be from Sword/Shield. What a shame, I really liked him.

Nominations: Jin Kazama x5

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
  • Saint's Row's The Boss / Playa
    • Chance: 10%
      • The possibility of Saint's Row getting The Boss (or any character, for that matter) into Smash is... certainly there, but I'd hesitate to say they're likely. One thing the series does have in its favor is Switch ports, with Saint's Row: The Third getting ported over last year, and Saint's Row IV getting ported just a few months ago. Barring that, though, it feels like Saint's Row would get easily overshadowed. If the Smash devs wanted to put in a character from an open world game, there's Grand Theft Auto, Red Dead Redemption, Fallout, Skyrim, etc. If they wanted a third-party character from Deep Silver or THQ Nordic, there's Darksiders and Destroy All Humans. Plus, the fan demand is practically nonexistent (I wouldn't be surprised if most people here abstained from rating this character simply because they haven't played any of the games). I think Saint's Row would be more likely to get a Mii Fighter costume (especially in light of the Vault Boy costume), if it were to get anything at all.
    • Want: 50%
      • In the unlikely case that The Boss managed to make it in, I certainly wouldn't be opposed. I'd prefer someone like Johnny Gat or Kinzie Kensington, but I could see The Boss being a fun character if they can implement all the fun stuff you can do in their home games... or at least all the stuff you can get away with under an E-10+ rating (I doubt we'd be seeing a certain "oddly-shaped" melee weapon that's certainly not appropriate for good boys and girls). Plus, there's all the ridiculous outfits and costumes that would work as alternate costumes.
  • Decidueye
    • Chance: 25%
      • The biggest obstacle I see for this character is that it's a Gen VII Pokemon, and that Nintendo and The Pokemon Company are currently focusing on Gen VIII, which means a Sword and Shield Pokemon is much more likely, if not guaranteed. The fan demand is there, and I could see Sakurai trying to go to bat for Decidueye as a dedicated fan pick, but I think it's an uphill battle.
    • Want: 50%
      • I haven't played Pokemon Sun and Moon, so it's not my preferred choice. If we're getting another Pokemon, I'd prefer someone from Gen III or V (the two generations who don't have a playable Pokemon yet), or Bea from Sword and Shield (a human character capable of fighting, a nice change of pace for Pokemon in Smash). Still, I'm not against it if it happens, and the idea of a fighter who mainly uses a bow and arrow would definitely be interesting.
  • Nominations: Kazuya Mishima x5

Last edited:

Lyncario

Smash Ace
The non-specific Boss, I think

Chance: 8%
It never crossed my mind, but it could happen. Idon't think that it's likely at all tho. Still, there's a chance, even if slim.
Want: 10%
I don't know anything about Saints Row, but he could make me interested in the series. And hey, he would bring new stuff at least.

Robin Hood but he's an owl
Got destroyed by Incineroar, if we're going to get another Pokemon, it would be one from gen 8. Rip Decidueye, you were at least considered, before getting german suplexed.
Want: 55%
He's cool, and he's even my favorite Alola starter, even if I think that he would be pointless since we already have Incineroar.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Abstain. Never played Saint's Row, and I don't have an opinion on Decidueye. Though I do agree we're more likely to get a Gen 8 rep than another Gen 7 rep.

Nominations: Billy Hatcher x5
I'M THE BOSS, I'M THE BOSS
I'm very, very sorry for your loss
Ah, I see you are a man of culture as well.

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
Gonna abstain on the Boss, while Saints Row definitely has connections, I just don't see this character being a priority.

Decidueye

Chance: 0.5% - Pokemon never goes for fan demand picks, and now with all of the focus on Gen 8, I just don't see them going back for Decidueye. The time to get in would've been the base roster, and I remember him being in several fake leaks. Granted, that time has passed, so our dear owl friend has just missed the boat.

Want: 50% - I loved Gen 7, especially the anime, so more Gen 7 content would be a huge plus in my eyes! Furthermore, Incineroar didn't bring a Gen 7 stage along with him, so there's a decent amount of content that Decidueye could bring to the table. An Aether Paradise or Alter of the Sunne stage would be perfect, and of course, we also get to bring a grass starter to the roster!

Nominations:
Austin the Butler x5

Predictions:
Dragonborn - 15.64%
Doom Slayer - 1.53%

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Boss (Saint's Row)

Chance: 5%
I don't really see this series as a priority, mainly because of the lack of fan demand. Maybe the switch port would give it a Mii Costume but I don't see a playable character happening.

Want: 25%
Don't really have a connection or desire to see this character at all. Still could be interesting, I guess.

Decidueye

Chance: 0.001%
I don't think they would add another Gen 7 Pokemon in the game when they already added Incineroar. It wouldn't even make sense from a promotional standpoint.

Want: 0%
Don't care for more Pokemon in the game, and don't really have an attachment to Gen 7 anyway. There are other Pokemon I'd rather have, and other series I'd rather get characters. Pass.

amageish

Smash Master
Abstain on Boss. Suffice it to say I'm pessimistic.

Decidueye

Chance: .5%. I know people talk about the DLC picking up characters/franchises who missed the boat for the base game, as was the case with ARMS, but Decidueye less missed the boat and more had its spot in the boat taken by Incineroar... Gen 7 lacks a stage, so it's technically possible, but I just don't see this one working out.

Want: 50%. Rowlet was my starter of choice of Sun/Moon and I would like a grass starter. I think this choice would make me smile if nothing else...

Predictions: Dragonborn: 20% / Doomguy: 5%
Nominations: Moogle x 5. Also, how do nominations work during the preset ratings period? I was lurking/rarely-posting last time, but wasn't doing any nominations...

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
The only chance we'll ever have at getting I Need a Hero in Smash.

Chance: 3%
From a Western company that has had a fair amount of financial issues over the past few years. Not big enough as other Western companies and the series only just got ports to Nintendo systems starting in 2019 which may have been too late for Fighters Pass 2 consideration. Plus the Saints Row craze has sort of died out with Gat Out of Hell not getting the best reviews and Agents of Mayhem being a flop.

Funnily enough despite starting out as a pure GTA clone, the Saints Row series has become so cartoonish that violence wouldn't be that much of an issue. I'd even argue The Boss would be more kid-friendly than Snake or Bayonetta. So in a weird way, The Boss actually does have one slight advantage over the more popular GTA candidates... but not by a lot.

Best I can see happening for Saints Row is a Johnny Gat or Professor Genki Mii Costume. Which... after thinking about... just makes a ton of sense for Smash to the point where I'd actually love to see that happen.

Want: 50%
While GTA is my go-to when it comes to an open world crime series in Smash, I'd be alright with a Saints Row character like The Boss making it in. I played Saints Row: The Third many years back and had a blast with it. Granted I did lose interest in the series since it tried way too hard to be random (I never bothered to finish IV), but it'd be hilarious to see what they could do with things like the dubstep gun.

Only real downside with this happening (as well as a GTA character for that matter) is that we wouldn't be able to hear the tons of real world music because of all the licensing issues. I know Saints Row has its own original music and all, but imagine how fun it'd be to beat up opponents with music from the Karate Kid playing in the background.

-----

Ferocious tiger mauls owl to death

Chance: 1%
One of the few characters out there who can actually say "I was considered by Sakurai to be in Smash." Unfortunately for Decidueye, Incineroar happened who can be seen as our Gen VII rep. If we're ever going to get another Pokemon rep in the future, it'll probably be from Gen VIII or whatever the next Gen is when the next Smash game releases since all they care about is promotions.

Want: 60%
Words can't describe how much I wish Decidueye got in over Incineroar. Without a doubt my favorite Gen VII starter as well as my favorite grass type starter in the series. I am however really burnt out on the amount of Pokemon we have in Smash, so I'm really not begging for another one that much as a whole. If Decidueye actually did get in though then I would welcome them with open arms.

-----

Dragonborn: 25.00%
Doomguy: 5.00%

Nominations:
Zelda (BotW sequel x5)

Last edited:

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
The Boss

0% Chance

Saints Row as a franchise is honestly something I can not see getting into smash. Even putting aside the fact that their connection to Smash is slim, they also do not have much of a niche in the cultural zeitgeist. Saints Row has always existed in the shadow of Grand Theft Auto. Now, A GTA rep would be interesting to rate, but even then that is not the most likely in my eyes due to a variety of controversies around GTA and Rockstar. Overall, we are dealing here with a franchise that does not have really any demand for smash that I struggle to see even making Nintendo's shortlist.

0% Want

Never been the biggest Saints Row fan. GTA V and the PS2 GTAs were always better in my eyes.

Decidueye

1% Chance

The fact the Owl was considered once helps him a lot, and he did come back after the purge of Gen 8. But even then, I doubt Nintendo would want to go back and rep Gen 7 again. Gen 8 is the new hotness, and it would take a lot of justification to rep Gen 7 instead again.

100% Want

Which is a shame since there are plenty of Gen 7 mons that I thought would have been better choices than Incineroar (and I like Incineroar). My most wanted here was Lycanroc, which here's hoping it sticks around and has a shot someday. But Decidueye is a personal favorite of mine. It is such a sleek mon with a cool archer motif. Would have been a ton of fun to play as.

Nominating Boss Rush x 5

Day 467: The Boss (Saints Row) and Decidueye (Pokemon)
Day 468: Doomguy and Dragonborn
Day 469: Dante, Ryu Hayabusa, and Phoenix Wright
Day 470: Shantae and Quote
Day 471: Geno and Sora
Day 472: Crash and Spyro
Day 473: Nightmare and Sol Badguy
Day 474: Lloyd Irving, Chosen Undead, and KOS MOS
Day 475: Neku and Agnes (Bravely Default)
Day 476: Dixie Kong and Bandana Dee
Day 477: Master Chief and Kratos
Day 478: Isaac and Ashley
Day 479: Gordon Freeman and Heavy Weapons Guy
Day 480: Reimu and Arle Nadja
Day 481: Skull Kid, Midna, and Lyn
Day 482: Krystal, Shadow, and Bomberman
Day 483: Takamaru, Lip, and Mach Rider
Day 484: Chorus Men, Karate Joe, and Rhythm Girl
Day 485: Saki and RAY
Day 486: Rayman and Travis Touchdown
Day 487: Captain Toad and Paper Mario
Day 488: Tracer and Diablo
Day 489: Sephiroth and 2B
Day 490: Meowth, Mimikyu and Lycanroc (I CAN DREAM HAROLD)
Day 491: Sylux and Porky
Day 492: Rillaboom and Cinderace
Day 493: Toxtricity and Urshifu
Day 494: Elma and Lara Croft
Day 495: Jibanyan and Agumon
Day 496: Tails and Eggman
Day 497: Andy and Ayumi Tachibana
Day 498: Professor Layton and Steve
Day 499: Rex and Waluigi
Day 500: We do something special.

Last edited:

waddledeeonredyoshi

Smash Lord
Hootini
Chance: 0.01%
I guess it's a bit strange
how Decidueye has no role in the game anywhere despite being originally considered but that likely means nothing after FP1.
His ship has sailed. Like it or not, Incinaroar is our Sun/Moon rep and there's no way Decidueye will win priority over the Gen 8 starters.

Want: 2%
Now Decidueye is my favorite out of the Gen 7 starters... desing wise. I have played very little of Sun. Still, I don't care much for the Grass starter quota and I'm just not looking forward towards any more Pokemon. But I wouldn't be mad at Decidueye. Anything is better than Gen 8 in my eyes.

Abstaining on the boss. Wanted to give double zeroes but I just know way too little about Saints Row and don't want to come off as ignorant.

Doomguy: 6.84%
Dragonborn: 14.29%
Concept: Deltarune content x10

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
im abstaining on the boss as for decidueye

chances: 0% im of the thinking that any pokemon we get will be from gen 8. true he was considered for ultimate but there are many characters who were considered who dont seem to have been considered again. his reasons for being left out always confused me though, inceneroar was gonna be more unique, i dont see what about decidueye would not have been as unique as incineroar. i dont think being proven to be the most popular of the gen 7 starters will help.

want: 100% he was my choices of starter for that trio and hed have been amazing to play as. launching feather arrows attacking with wings and leaf blades, pecking, scratching, kicking hed have been incredibly unique with none of that obnoxious show boating. he was one of the best in gen 7 and will remain one of my favourites for years to come.

nominate nate adams x5

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
The Boss
Chance: 0.5%

Yeaaaaah...no.

Okay, first of all I freaking love Saints Row the Third and Saints Row IV, but the boss is a character without a defined face, gender, voice or race. Frankly "The Boss" doesn't have much of a recognisable look with the sole exception that PURPLE is their colour of choice due to the Third Street Saints all wearing colour coded clothing. Since alts are needed to be different colours and it's the sole defining feature of 'The Boss' I can't see it translating well.

Not to mention if any Saints Row character is likely to get in, it'll most likely be Johnny Gat, the breakout character who ended up so popular they kept finding new ways to insert him into the series even after he was written out initially. I can't talk about it too much without going into major spoilers but let me just say everything around Gat is absolutely nuts.

Other issues with Saints Row include the crude humour(you can bludgeon opponents quite famously to death with a giant sex toy on a baseball bat), intense swearing and violence which are key elements in the series and both The Boss and Johnny Gat swear where most people use commas and full stops. Not sure it'll gel well with Smash. Yes Bayonetta has a lot of these elements but she also has a defined look.

Outside the Boss and Gat, I guess you could use Professor Genki, a giant pink mascot cat who also has a perchant for murder and destruction but has the added bonus of at least appearing family friendly and instantly recognisable.

Want: 10%
I like Saints Row a lot. Like after Team Fortress 2, the third game is my most played Steam title even. I just think it's an incredibly poor fit for Smash.

*reserving for Decidueye*

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Boss - Abstain. I've literally never heard of him until now.

I want my boud

Chance - .5%. There's literally no reason for his inclusion. Generation 7 is over, and it's already represented. If we were to get a second Gen 7 rep, which I doubt, they would go with Mimikyu, the third most popular Pokemon (and the most popular not yet in Smash). If they wanted to rep Pokken, they would probably prioritize Machamp or Blaziken. There's just not an opportunity for his inclusion.

Want - 75% The low chance score is a shame, because I adore Decidueye. It's in my top three favorite Pokemon, and the two above it (Typhlosion and Cursola) would either be boring or wouldn't work in Smash. We don't have any characters who use a bow as their main weapon, and his supplementary abilities (ghost, plant, and bird stuff) would make him even more unique. It's been almost two years since Incineroar got in, and I'm still pissed he took Decidueye's slot.

Noms: Maxwell (Scribblenauts) x5

Dragonborn: 4%
Doomguy: 20%

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
POTUS

Double zeroes. Saints Row started out as a GTA clone but is now firmly in the territory of parody. You know the stereotype of what people think GTA is? Saints Row actually is that. Mindless violence, coarse and vulgar humor, sexualized everything, and no attempt at a serious plot. I don't think there's any way Nintendo considers this. As for want, I just don't find the games to be fun, or particularly well made.

Owlboy

Double zeroes. Decidueye missed his one shot, his one opportunity. Pokemon is a train barrelling at full speed down the tracks, it stops for no one and goes back for no one. The marketing machine has their Gen 7 pick, Gen 8 is relevant now, and we'll get what's relevant now. Unless there's a big shakeup in how things are done, Decidueye will have to wait until Sun and Moon gets remade for another shot at relevance. As for want, though my Gen 7 pick is Mimikyu, Decidueye would be a worthy pick. If he gets in down the line, I'd be stoked, for his fans and by principle. However, right now, no more Pokemon.

Noms: ****ing Tidus x5
Doomguy prediction: should be 0%
Dovahkiin prediction: 8.12%

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
Archer Owl

Chance 0 - Gen 7 has come and gone. Think it's Gen 8 or bust for Pokemon reps, and while that means some cool ones miss the cut that's just what's gonna happen.

Want 20 - He'd be fun and unique but I'd rather get a Gen 8 Pokemon. There's a lot of good gen 8 picks and since we're likely only getting 1 Pokemon if that I don't really want this to happen

The Boss
Chance 2 - Maybe? Saints Row was fairly popular back in the late 2000s/earlier 2010s so its not the dumbest idea. Western dev though, so that hurts. Also doesn't help that Boss doesn't have a defined look. For a Saints Row rep in general I'd go higher but unless the new rumored title plans to give him an established look IDK if it's even really possible.

On a side note, I'm happy to be rating this character. It's nice to get popular game series that dont get Smash buzz up to be talked about instead of rerating Rex or Bandanna Dee for the 45th time.

Want 35 - I'd like Saints Row in Smash. Would feel legit surprising, and not in the way we see people try to argue that Banjo was surprising. For the boss though I'm not sure he's the one I want. Not having a defined look makes me want them to go a different fdirection for a rep from the series.

Predictions:
Doom Guy - 45%
Dovahkiin - 35%

Noms:
Riptor x5

Top Bottom