• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances - Smash Ultimate Edition! Day 672: Five Most Likely First and Third Parties for Smash 6, and Final Goodbyes

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Rex

Chance - 50% - I'd probably rate this even higher if we knew who the ARMS character was, as that would lay the groundwork for promotions. Otherwise, though, he still looks good as his Mii costume was basically saying "Sorry we couldn't make him playable, but this is the closest we can do." As a result, he clearly was on Sakurai's mind when he made the list for newcomers when it was initially made. In terms of who to look out for, I wouldn't feel comfortable rating higher than a coin toss, but I will say that he's the most likely character there is right now.

Want - 60% - Mostly neutral, as with all RPG folks. However, I empathize with those that feel burnt by not getting in when Blyeth did, so I'll give him a few pity points.

Nominations

Lip X5

Ninjaed

Smash Journeyman
The story is a mess that was clearly written in a rush, the main cast is absolutely bloated (depending on how you count it, your main party consists of twelve to fourteen characters, and there's six main villains of varying importance, even more if you count their Blades) and nowhere near as well developed as the main casts of any of the other games, the Blade gacha system is a horrible idea that, from what I can tell, not even fans of this game tend to enjoy, field skills constantly grind your exploration to a screeching halt, and, what is to me the biggest misstep, the side quests are nowhere near as plentiful or deep as they were in 1 and X. Oh, and most character designs are pretty bad, but there's no need to hammer that point down any further.
And at the center of all my problems with this game, all the things that I hate, sits Rex. He's incredibly bland in terms of his personality, his character arc is extremely understated to the point where I've seen multiple people argue that perhaps Pyra or Mythra are the actual protagonist (who wouldn't be much better protagonists, even if they were), constantly takes away the attention of the story and even side quests/stories from more interesting characters, and yet the game's narrative constantly worships the very ground that he walks on, and expects the player to do the same. And, sure, a character's writing has no bearing on how they'd appear in Smash, and we have plenty of badly written protagonist characters in the game, such as [insert Fire Emblem protagonist of your choice here]. But a character's writing in their home game is pretty important to actually make them likable in the first place, and Rex clearly doesn't manage that for me.
As for moveset potential and the like? I don't see it. Sure, he could switch between Blades, but. . . so what? What Blades do you even give him? Pyra and Mythra? The moveset he gets from is virtually identical, especially since I'm pretty sure that Blade specials would be reserved for a Final Smash. The Blades he canonicaly gets? The only ones there are both spoilers, and I doubt that Sakurai and his team would do that (though then again, they also pointlessly added Seven to Shulk's Final Smash in Ultimate. . .). Do the Byleth thing and give him the Blades of his party members? Also a spoiler, and it runs risk of giving him two weapons that are very similar to the ones he already has (Zeke/Pandora's sword is similar to Pyra/Mythra's swords, Nia/Dromarch and Mòrag/Brighid are very similar). Pick a buncha random Blades from the dozen or so rare ones? That would be way too random of an option. And really, both of the big things that get touted as unique mechanics that he could bring to the game can be done more interestingly by other characters. Switching movesets via weapon switch? Go for Elma. Puppet fighter? Astral Chain protagonist is right there.
And even in a more general sense, all that Rex would really add to the game in terms of Xenoblade representation is basically "more of the same but worse", when Xenoblade as a series has already done very different and more interesting things.
Concerning the side quests and the gacha, I actually liked the few Blades you obtained through side quests. Those allowed some world building and the Blades felt much more "unique" rather than "oh welcome rare blade #11, sit there in the dust with the rest I'm just collecting you all". In that aspect, I felt like it was on par with if not better than XC1's sidequests. It's unfortunate this wasn't the norm. The gacha system made collecting the Blades a chore rather than something fun like in Pokémon or Shin Megami Tensei (and thus Persona).

But while this is true, XC2 did improve on other aspects. XC1 had you "cycle" through the skills to get what you wanted which doesn't feel as fluid and could get you into trouble if you really needed a certain skill at a certain time (like during a topple combo, or a heal). XC2's system improved on this by giving you access to them at any time. The elements in that chain system were like a mini-game to get the "finish" you wanted and you could actually dodge attacks this time around (you couldn't dodge most of them in XC1). Honestly, there was little room for boredom and iddleness in battle in XC2. Meanwhile, XC1 was more like "it's pointless to move, can't dodge anyway, so I'll just sit there and wait for the cds".

I understand some of your points and while I don't dislike Rex, I also don't like him. He's a kid so you can't expect him to be mature but him being a kid is a choice made by the dev team in the first place. They could've gone with a better MC. But I do disagree when you say XC2 didn't improve anything and is inferior in every way. Regardless, I'd rather the next XC rep be someone other than Rex, and I'm not sure "Blade duo" reps XC as a whole for some reason. It'd probably be cool to play in Smash but I'd rather have something else first before going into representing a specific aspect of one single game in the franchise.

Cyberfire

Smash Journeyman
Rex

Chance: 75%
  • Arms getting a second chance is a good sign.
  • One of the few characters outright mentioned by Sakurai, his Mii costume was deemed special enough to be the bonus for FP1.
  • Xenoblade as a franchise has been building a lot of traction, I think it’s significant enough to get more representation.
  • I imagine the budget for FP2 is lower than FP1, so using first party characters will be cheaper.
  • Polls well in fan charts in both Japan and the west.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Day over.

Rate Steve from Minecraft

Predict Concept: Fighter Pass Volume 2 is mostly first-party

Day will probably end around noon on Monday since we could get a Direct announcement soon.

Megadoomer Megadoomer

-----

Some songs to get into the Minecraft mood:

Lyncario

Smash Ace
"GOOD MOOOOOOOOOOOOOORNING, /v."

Chance: 35%
If we look at it without bias, Steve is pretty likely. Nintendo and Microdsoft have a god relationship. Minecraft is pretty well known, it's merely the best selling game of all time, and it's also popular in Japan, far more than Halo could hope to be. Also, Minecraft on Switch is what allowed Banjo to join in the first place. And the arguments against Steve are pretty bad. He's an avatar, but so are Pokemon Trainer, Villager, and Inkling. He would have weird animations, but Game and Watch exist, and there's already some movesets with nice visuals on YouTube. In fact, here's one.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akMjMxXEpTY
Also, Minecraft is already over 10 years old, so it has quite the legacy already.

Want: 65%
Minecraft is a game I like, Steve could have a really nice and creative moveset (as shown in the video I linked), and the stage could be one of the best in the entire game.

BowserKing

Smash Lord
Steve

Chance: 25%. Steve has a lot of reasons to be playable in Smash. His game is popular, he has been on a few Nintendo devices, his game is quite unique and there is a lot of potential. While Banjo and Kazooie getting in would appear to be a dent, but that should not stop Steve from getting in.

Want: 100%. Of all the Third Parties, Steve is my most wanted (Third most wanted overall). He would totally be a fun character to play as, he would has tons of moveset potential. From Pickaxe, to a bow, to damage potions to his pet wolves, he would totally be a unique fighter. Plus if Steve gets in, Alex and a Zombie would be great alternate costumes. Overall, Steve would make an excellent addition to Smash.

Prediction: Second Fighter's pass mostly being First Party (50%)

Noms: 3 for Boss: Ender Dragon and 2 for Echo: Lord Fredrick (67E)

Ninjaed

Smash Journeyman
Steve - abstain

Don't feel like rating today. I doubt Steve would get in but my want score would definitely be hovering above 0 at most.

Predictions: FP2 is mostly 1st party - 40%
Nominations: D.Va x5

jamesster445

Smash Lord
The reason Banjo is in Smash

Chance: 50%
Want: 50%

You read that title right, Rare themselves admitted that it was thank to Minecraft being a middle man between Microsoft and Nintendo, that Banjo is in Smash. Ironic I know. But back on topic. I really wouldn't care one way or the other. I'm not sure if Microsoft will double dip into the Ultimate pool but it's worth pointing out that Minecraft still doesn't have any kind of content in Smash and it is undeniably popular. And the fact that every concept I've seen for the character has been radically different from each other shows the versatility of Steve's moveset. Also Sakurai's apparently a fan.

Nominations: Diablo x5

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Abstaining completely since I don't feel like rating.

Mostly first parties chance prediction: 35.00%

Nominations:
Concept: Upgraded Spirit x5 (I really don't wanna rate BotW 2 Zelda until after E3 Nintendo's summer showcase)

Last edited:

waddledeeonredyoshi

Smash Lord
It's Minecraft laugh
Chance: 40%
Banjo really cleared the way when it comes to Microsoft and I believe Steve would be chosen over Master Chief. Minecraft is actually on Nintendo platforms and it is much more popular in Japan or everywhere else for that matter. With how much of a big deal Minecraft has become I'm definitely expecting content from it coming to Smash. Doesn't necessarily mean we're getting a challenger pack since we didn't get a Tetris fighter or (sigh) a RE character. Personally, I'm not really sure how he'd move in Smash. Don't really want to doubt Sakurai but my gut's slightly more feeling Mii Costume on this one.

Want: 1%
Eh. Minecraft definitely isn't undeserving but I never really got into it and I haven't played beyond the free Windows demo version. He's no longer Banjo competition but he does still compete with other western third-parties I much rather want.

Mostly 1st party pass: 36.44%
Dr. Eggman x5

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
Gonna abstain again on Steve, since, like Rex, I already did a big write-up on him relatively recently. Though with the existence of five more slots for the second pass, his biggest fan competition in Banjo being in, and the continually close relationship between Nintendo and Microsoft, Steve's definitely a frontrunner third party choice. With recent revelation that Minecraft paved the way for Banjo, we could very well see that path taken again. Plus they've worked with Microsoft before, and while Sakurai isn't as comfortable doing western negotiations, Microsoft is familiar territory for him.

Nominations:
Austin the Butler x5

Predictions:
Mostly first party pass - 50.24% (expecting some pessimism here)

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Steve

Chance: 70%. He's a large gaming icon and full of tons of moveset potential. He's also already in an excellent position for Nintendo and Microsoft, since they've directly collaborated for Nintendo exclusive DS models. He's an important asset between the two companies.

Want: 95%. There's other 3rd parties I want more, but he's more than large enough to earn the spot. Honestly, I would've picked him easily before Banjo & Kazooie, but Pass 1 was still amazing. With tons of moveset options and a coherent way to play while making him to show off the creative aspects of Minecraft, I see him as brimming with fun ideas. In the end I might not be able to flow with the moveset, and that's fine, but that's not a detriment to me. I absolutely can't work with Wario, and while I preferred Wario Land, I honestly have grown on his moveset a lot more.

Concept: Pass is mostly 1st party; 30%

Nominations: Fulgore x 5

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
Steve

Chance 25 - Think this is possible but not sure how probable it is. First, Master Chief is a really big character to compete with since he's god tier in the west. That's a pretty big thing to overcome. I also don't feel confident that we'll get another Microsoft character at all. Think he's a solid guess for one but that might be all we see for this game microsoft wise.

Want 50 - Not a Minecraft fan at all. In fact, I only played it for like 5 minutes before getting bored and quitting. Steve is a well known character though and I've seen some solid moveset ideas for him though so I'll entertain the idea.

Prediction:
Mostly 1st party - 45%(I assume this means a 4/2 split or higher towards Nintendo reps)

Noms
Stretchers x5

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Abstain in chance
Want: 0%

I'm definitely too biased to properly assess his chance, so I'll just mention that if we get another Microsoft rep, the slot is Master Chief's to lose. As for want, I still don't like how I envision him looking and playing, and I continue to grapple with Minecraft's legacy and whether it's earned.

Noms: ****ing Tidus x5
Mostly first-party pass: I'm not sure whether to predict something similar to the all first party pass because a lot of people said they expect at least one third party. Think I'll go high with like 61.2%

RouffWestie

Smash Lord
Steve
Chance: 28%
A huge name in gaming that has reason to be acknowledged in some form. With so few slots left, it will probably struggle to nudge a fighter in between the potential new Pokemon and FE fighters and other popular guest requests. If more of the too-big-to-fail franchises had been in the 1st pass, I'd doubt him less.
Want: 5%
Minecraft is a game I love, but Steve isn't the most compelling fighter choice. The game would have been best suited for a stage with a huge focus on destructible stage elements. If we do get a fighter, I'd prefer the Creeper.

Nominations: Kratos ×5

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Dr. Eggman x111
Meowth x110
[Rerate] Kratos x100
[Rerate] Lip x100
D.Va x100
The Stretchers x100
Zelda (BotW sequel) x95

100 - 51

Concept: Upgraded Spirit x90
Concept: Pokémon Mystery Dungeon content x81
Concept: Darksiders rep x80
Sackboy x80
Moogle x80
Proto Man x75
Nate Adams x75
Tidus x75
Red (Angry Birds) x70
Alex Mason x70
Fulgore x64
Lu Bu (Dynasty Warriors) x60
[Rerate] Frisk x60
Boss: Ender Dragon x58
Shuichi Saihara x55
Concept: A person of color x55

50 - 25

Dwight Fairfield (Dead by Daylight) x50
Mii Costume: Jill Stingray x50
Concept: SNES-era Final Fantasy rep x50
Echo: Zeraora (Lucario) x45
Concept: Content from currently unreleased game (not Spirit Events) (as of May 17th 2020) x45
The Terrarian x45
[Rerate] Captain Toad x45
Echo: Dark Bowser (Bowser) x39
Echo: Lord Fredrik (King K. Rool) x35
Stage: Bowser's Castle x35
Echo: Xion (Sora) x35
Gooigi x32
Concept: Second F-Zero rep x31
[Rerate] Saki Amamiya x30
Urbosa x30
Sakura Shinguji x30
Giygas x28
Concept: Assist Trophies added in updates x27
Rival Pokémon Trainer x25

Under 25

Concept: Returning stages x21
[Rerate] Nightmare x20
Jin Sakai x20
Concept: More ATs as one new item x20
Diablo (Diablo) x20
Concept: Dark Souls rep x20
Zeraora x15
Black Shadow x15
[Rerate] Paper Mario x15
Concept: No Spirit promotions x15
Wolf Link x15
[Rerate] Ezio x15
[Rerate] Jin Kazama x10
[Rerate] Agumon x10
[Rerate] Monokuma x10
Gran/Djeeta x10
Lora and Jin x10
Otto Matic x10
The Avatar (Ultima) x10
Neptune (Hyperdimension Neptunia) x10
Concept: Bravely Default rep x10
Concept: Rocket League rep x10
[Rerate] Neku Sakuraba x10
Concept: Fighter Pass Volume 2 is half Nintendo and half third party x10
Concept: FP2 character comes with an Echo Fighter x10
Boss: Rayquaza x9
Chell x8
[Rerate] Professor Layton x8
Magolor x7
Taranza x6
Concept: Darkstalkers rep x6
Sparky (Clash Royale) x5
Concept: Overwatch character x5
Asha (Wonder Boy) x5
Mii Costume: Hat Kid x5
Concept: Portal 2 rep x5
Breath of the Wild 2 Ganondorf x5
Tick (Brawl Stars) x5
King Graham x5
Concept: Fortnite character x5
[Rerate] Andy x5
Cooking Mama x5
[Rerate] Toxtricity x5
Jill (Drill Dozer) x5
[Rerate] Takamaru x5
Asuka (Senran Kagura) x5
Furret x5
Deku Scrub x5
Mii Costume: Edward Falcon x5
Concept: A LABO character x5
Cynthia x5
Concept: Bonus character x5
John Marston x5
Austin the Butler (Gardenscapes) x5
Concept: No AT promotions x5
[Rerate] Quote x5
[Rerate] Morrigan Aensland x5
Concept: Generic Zora x3
Three Mage Sisters x2
Concept: A Pokémon Trainer who fights x2
Concept: A fighter who uses all kicks x2
[Rerate] Metal Sonic x2
Concept: Generic Goron x2
Mii Costume: Jacket x2
Echo (Olimar) x1

Dr. Eggman defeats Meowth to become king and ruler of the top seven! Aside from that, Lip, D.Va, and The Stretchers pass Zelda and tie with Kratos for third place.

Shuichi Saihara and Concept: A person of color cross 50 noms.

Your new challengers for today are rerates of Quote and Morrigan Aensland, each with 5 noms.

He's an inside joke with a few friends of mine, and while I nominated him mostly for silly purposes, his series has a lot of lore, nice art, surprisingly good music, and a 3DS game. So there's something there xP
Sorry man, but after Baldi we're trying to do less joke ratings, and that sounds like a joke rating to me. If you want, you can change all the noms you've given to him to something else.
Noms: 2 for Concept: Pokeball Pokémon Promotion
That's already in the schedule, you can't nominate it.

Last edited:

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
Sorry man, but after Baldi we're trying to do less joke ratings, and that sounds like a joke rating to me. If you want, you can change all the noms you've given to him to something else.
To be a little more specific, an inside joke was how my friends and I were originally exposed to the character, but the character himself does have a surprising amount of merit (at least until his recent fall from grace) from quality artwork to some surprisingly deep lore. I assure you this is no Baldi pick (h***, Gardenscapes is on the 3DS, he actually has Nintendo history, unlike a lot of popular speculation choices).

Last edited:

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Abstain. I don't have much of an opinion on Minecraft. Although I will admit, I do think Steve's more likely than Master Chief, albeit not by much.

Nominations: Concept: Upgraded Spirit x5

amageish

Smash Master
Abstain on Steve. I began a write-up, but I'm too tired to make a good argument. Suffice it to say, I'm not confidant in Microsoft getting a second rep at all...

Noms: Moogle x5
Prediction: Well. This will be fun... 80%.

RealPokeFan11

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0818-9732-6979
A simple solution for joke noms that I mentioned on Baldi's day: once that day comes, make it a double day with a character that isn't a joke, so it isn't a complete waste.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
A simple solution for joke noms that I mentioned on Baldi's day: once that day comes, make it a double day with a character that isn't a joke, so it isn't a complete waste.
How would we decide who the not-joke character is, though? Do we just pick the character below them, or do we pick a random character on the list?

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
im no expert on minecraft but surely a character from a genuinely popular game is not a joke pick

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
The blocky guy

Chance: 60%

Yep I'm still confident in Steve. Minecraft is the best selling game of all time, is popular worldwide, and is a game that Nintendo to this day still uses in their advertising. It was the game to pave the way for Banjo and I'm honestly shocked it hasn't gotten even a spirit event yet. That's saying something. Microsoft is still buddy-buddy with Nintendo and as much as I hate to admit, Master Chief will probably lose to Steve because of the Xbox's low sales in Japan, although Halo is one of the bigger Xbox games over there so I will give it the benefit of the doubt. But Minecraft is such a mammoth of a game I can't see it not being likely for a rep.

Also, I have yet to see a compelling argument against Steve. "He is an avatar", "He is ugly and too stiff". First, we got avatar characters like Villager and as for stiff characters we have Game and Watch. If anyone can give Steve personality, it's Sakurai. Also, I realized the game is now a decade old. jeez

Want: 100%

It's really hard for me to choose either Steve or Master Chief as the next Microsoft rep. I would give Master Chief the edge but I would love Steve. Minecraft is my 12th favorite game and I love it. It would make for a great stage, perhaps a traveling stage where it goes through different biomes and even the Nether. It would also have destructive elements which is fun. The music is great but would have to be remixed, which I don't mind. Steve also has moveset potential with a pickaxe, sword, arrows, potions, TNT, and he probably would have a crafting system. I'm curious to see exactly how Sakurai would implement Steve.

Prediction: FP2 mostly first party - I don't know how this is going to go so I will stick with a safe 50%

Noms: Ezio x5

RealPokeFan11

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0818-9732-6979
im no expert on minecraft but surely a character from a genuinely popular game is not a joke pick
This is referring to that Austin the Butler guy that Drifloon nominated. This is unrelated to Steve, as he is a legitimate contender. Hell, I think a Fortnite rep is a legitimate contender as well. People view Fortnite as a meme pick just because people mindlessly hate on it for the sake of memes.

As for how it would work, it would be combined with another one of the top 7 for a double day.

warpenguin55

Smash Journeyman
Steve:
Chance: 20%
There's a few things stopping Steve. First, he's a western character. Western characters have a much harder chance getting in. Don't forget that Steve does have some competition. I don't think we'll get another Microsoft rep, but if it's not out of the question, than we first need to look at Master Chief. Master Chief is a ****ing legend. Halo is probably the most important XBox franchise. IMO, the only reason Banjo got in first is because is of the consistent fan demand over the years. Even outside of Microsoft we have other western reps to look at. I've already posted the scenario for a LoL rep a few times, can give a TL;DR if someone wants it. I don't think Crash should be overlooked either, the guy's got fan demand and a legacy too. Steve's chances aren't bad, but he's as far ahead as it might seem.

Want: 0%
This isn't 0% for being popular. This is a 0 because there are way too many characters I'd rather have. I should probably just make a list of who I actually want in Smash, I feel like I've said this a lot.

Noms: Alex Mason x5

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
This is referring to that Austin the Butler guy that Drifloon nominated. This is unrelated to Steve, as he is a legitimate contender. Hell, I think a Fortnite rep is a legitimate contender as well. People view Fortnite as a meme pick just because people mindlessly hate on it for the sake of memes.

As for how it would work, it would be combined with another one of the top 7 for a double day.
ok my mistake

though you did not seem to be referring to any comment

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
BUILDY BOY

Chance: 60%
Steve isn't a matter of if. It's a matter of when. Minecraft is one of the most influential games of all time and has a huge fanbase to boot. It's very popular in Japan, the west and all over the world and we even had a "resurgence" where its no longer uncool to like Minecraft. Steve will eventually be in a Smash game now that Banjo proved that both western third party characters and Microsoft characters are on the table. It's just a matter of whether its this pass or the next game.

Want: 60%

Minecraft is fun for what it is. It's not my personal favorite but its an enjoyable time. I definitely think Steve deserves it and it would be nice to see all the haters stop... well hating. Not much of a personal connection though.

Prediction - Mostly First Party: 12%

Nominate: Pass Half First Party, Half Third Party x5

BowserKing

Smash Lord
Wait, Concept: Pokeball Pokémon Promotion is locked. Thank you for both clearing up and making this happen

Anyways, the remaining noms are given to Boss: Rayquaza instead

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Steve Chance: 60%

Minecraft is one of the best selling, most influential, and popular games in the world right now, and has been for a long time. And it's still being ever updated with new content to this day.

I wouldn't call him a guarantee, but he's pretty damn close. I won't be surprised if he makes it into Ultimate. Microsoft and Nintendo would just have to discuss it, so as long as they'd both want it, then Steve's in the clear.

Want: 90%

I've loved Minecraft ever since I first started playing it, but I wasn't always keen on the idea of Steve being in Smash.

That's changed since then.

I'm all onboard with the idea and would love to see the guy make it into Smash.

Mostly First Party Prediction: 7%

Nominations:
The Heavy (Team Fortress 2) x35

GoodGrief741 GoodGrief741 Remember when I asked if I could still use all those extra April Fools' day nomination rewards? Well, it's overdue, but the time has finally come. :p

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Steve
Chance 20%
Want 5%
He's in an interesting situation. Minecraft is the best selling game ever. But I still honestly struggle to see Steve as a character. Yeah it's something you could give an interesting moveset to if you get the animations right but he would be by a very large mile be the biggest blank slate to ever get into Smash. "Steve" is just a name given to a texture that most people will replace as soon as they get the chance, I just don't see the appeal as a character. As for things he'd bring, I will say a Minecraft stage would be fantastic but I don't give a **** about Minecraft music

Nominate Person of colour x5

Prediction most first party: 19% (people here are very heavily bias towards Third Parties)

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
To be a little more specific, an inside joke was how my friends and I were originally exposed to the character, but the character himself does have a surprising amount of merit (at least until his recent fall from grace) from quality artwork to some surprisingly deep lore. I assure you this is no Baldi pick (h***, Gardenscapes is on the 3DS, he actually has Nintendo history, unlike a lot of popular speculation choices).
Well, if you insist that it's not a joke rating, I guess he counts.

KingofPhantoms KingofPhantoms Well holy ****, I definitely did not expect that day to come up again. I couldn't believe my OCD ass didn't write those up in the extra noms list, but I went back (like, 200 pages back) and indeed, you won the noms, I failed to write them down twice, and you never ended up using them. A promise is a promise, they're all yours!

Simnm

Smash Journeyman
Steve
Chance:95%
I honestly feel like steve is the likeliest dlc candidate to get as he is one of the main protanganist(s) of minecraft,the best selling game of all time.he also has a significant fan demand.minecraft also has a decently strong connection to nintendo,as seen by the mario minecraft skins and dungeons originally being planned as a 3ds game.some say that he has competition with master chief,however i think steve way more likelier than master chief,as master chief only appearence was through minecraft.
Want:100%
I grew up with minecraft and seeing it get a playable fighter will be a delight.i also think that minecraft steve will make a good indie rep as despite not technically being indie anymore,it still technically started out as an indie game.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Mincemeat Steven

Chance - 55%. He's certainly a front-runner. Minecraft is literally the best selling game of all time, and Microsoft, the biggest potential obstacle to him getting in, is already on the negotiating table. Banjo's inclusion has been attributed to Minecraft, and there have been a lot of microsoft games ported to the Switch. Microsoft andd Nintenod's relationship has never been better, so I can see Sakurai adding as much Microsoft stuff as possible while the option is there.

Want - 65%. Minecraft is a game I like, and Steve has lots of moveset potential. He's in my top 10 most wanteds.

Noms: PMD Representation x5

RealPokeFan11

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0818-9732-6979
Might as well drop my thoughts on Steve:
Chance: 40%
Want: 90%

Now that Banjo's in the game, and we have pass 2, Steve has a pretty decent chance. He's more relevant than ever before, has a lot of moveset potential, and is recognizable by a large audience consisting of younger players and adult players. Microsoft would be easy to play ball with as well. I think he'd make an excellent incusion considering how popular the game has been within the past year. I've even noticed a lot more positive want scores compared to the last few times Steve was rated, where a lot of scores were ranging from 0-30% at most, and there were a lot of 0% scores. Glad to see that Minecraft is becoming more well liked again. (Though Fortnite is now stuck in the same position as Minecraft the year before its surge in popularity. Hopefully that stops soon.)

Noms: Heavy x5

GoodGrief741 GoodGrief741 Remember when I asked if I could still use all those extra April Fools' day nomination rewards? Well, it's overdue, but the time has finally come. :p
Thanks for reminding me of one of the most torturous times in RTC history! At least I got some noms out of it. :laugh:

Last edited:
Top Bottom