• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances (of Returning) - Day 6 - Mewtwo

DNA13

Smash Apprentice
GW? thats tough, id say his chances of geting in depend on when brawl is released, i.e., if they get short on time and need a char who just needs a tweak here and ther, hes in. if not, chances fairly doubtful(though not imposible)

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
God, like talking to 9/11 conspiricists
THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE!!!!

When did I say that?
What I said was in response to something you said about me using assumptions as facts. It seems to have been edited out.

If you were to say one of thee original G&W LCD's (which I have played "octopus"), that would make more sense, but the series have been re-released as the "Game and Watch Galleries" on the GB and GBA with a new release in Japan for DS (six in total), Numerous microgames in WarioWare, cameos in Warioland.
Yeah, that's what I'm saying: a vast majority of people haven't ever held one of the double-screened handhelds. And to the untrained (i.e. not Nintendo-fanatic) eye, the Made in Wario microgames are just stick figures doing stuff randomly.

Not everyone buying a Wii is a 20 somehting year old who had a NES or SNES either. Lots of people missed out on Kid Icarus, Metroid, Earthbound, F-Zero and other games.
Yeah, but those people can easily go out and pick up F-ZERO GX or Metroid Prime. One of the main reasons people think Lucas will replace Ness is because Ness is an outdated, irrelevant character. Pit counts (at least to me), as a retro character, and unless he's an amazingly balanced character or he gets a sequel, I'd see him gone in Smash 4.

And that's a big thing. I think alot of people know that.
And Smash isn't about Smash, it's about Nintendo. G&W isn't important right now, so one appearance in memory is good, but he shouldn't be coming back again just because he was in a Smash game before. He's not what you'd the average Smasher would call a "Nintendo All-Star".

There were alot of suprises in Melee. Those suprises will be bland in Brawl becuase we know they're coming. Should we cut all those things too?
But the biggest one was unlocking G&W, then realizing what he is. Nothing else compares, partially because you never saw a nameless stick figure in a game about Nintendo's biggest characters.

They sure seem to remember one of the factors that saved their company in the electronic gaming department
Yes, and we all thank him for it. But frankly, that has nothing to do with his Brawl-worth. Jumpman literally made Nintendo, but I don't see him in Smash Bros. (but I can dream).

I'm confident that discussing characters cut from Melee was early in character development, so if G&W made it in from the start, then the other characters are edged out due to being brought up late in development.
I never actually thought of that. Good point.

But still, my argument still applies. I'd hate to think that they decided to keep such an obscure character rather than make way for new obscure characters (Mach Rider, Takamaru, Balloon Fighter).

BasementDweller. That's all I have to say.
Should I be insulted, or complimented?

Anyway, one last thing:

hemightbegiant said:
It's not so much we disagree, but more of the "I'm right, you're wrong attitude"
I'd like to apologize for coming off like that. Call it a case of my zeal for Brawl getting in the way of common courtesy.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
What I said was in response to something you said about me using assumptions as facts. It seems to have been edited out.
I edited it out because I thought I came of as a bit harsh, as I assume myself.

Anyway, replying to other stuff will just end up in a roundabout of us saying
the same thing over and over again, so I'll cut down to the chase.

I never actually thought of that. Good point.
I've been saying that virtually the entire time I've been a member here, it only seems common sense to me start chosing characters with the previous game.

But I guess most people think they decide which from Melee come in AFTER they chose which new characters come in (at least from reading anti-G&W, anti-IC, anti-CF [yes, there was an anti-CF thread. Quite amusing, actually] arguments that pop up).

But still, my argument still applies. I'd hate to think that they decided to keep such an obscure character rather than make way for new obscure characters (Mach Rider, Takamaru, Balloon Fighter).
IMO, the moer the merrier, but release Nazo no Murasame jo in English on the VC or something

Should I be insulted, or complimented?
Inside joke for long-time members. Can't tell you. :p

Anyway, one last thing:

I'd like to apologize for coming off like that. Call it a case of my zeal for Brawl getting in the way of common courtesy.
I would also like to apologize if I came of as brash and headstrong. I guess the more you hold meat (Brawl) at wolves (Brawl-starved Fanboys), the more hostile they will become.

Iggy K

Smash Ace
G&W is awesome, and he was one of the characters I actually knew before Melee (yay Game & Watch Gallery 3!), but I think he stands a decent shot at being replaced.

50%, nominate Ness x3, IC's x2.

Fawriel

Smash Master
One of the main reasons people think Lucas will replace Ness is because Ness is an outdated, irrelevant character.
You are no longer my role-model. D= *shuns*
( The Mother series is extremely popular, by the way, and represents classic RPGs [ Fire Emblem is strategic, isn't it? ] as well as parodies and overall whackiness. )

splat

Smash Lord
50%, I guess.
He was fun, but not too popular. He somewhat did start Nintendo's game industry, so maybe he'll return :)

Falco x5

Tera253

Smash Ace
G&W?
it's like having to flip 2 coins. if they're both tails, he gets cut.
there's about a 57% of returning here.
nominate: Falco (x5)
~Tera253~

D

Deleted member

G&W... 'Never liked him, but a classic 2-D character and brought some of the best stages. 50%

Jigglypuff( x5)

Pure of Heart

Smash Journeyman
Hmm.. G&W.. That's a toughie. He was probably just a WTF character they put in to surprise us, but, he was part of one of Nintendos first games, so he might return, he was pretty fun to play though. =D I give G&W a solid 50%.

Nominate Falco (x5)

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
You are no longer my role-model. D= *shuns*
( The Mother series is extremely popular, by the way, and represents classic RPGs [ Fire Emblem is strategic, isn't it? ] as well as parodies and overall whackiness. )
But Ness is from Mother 2, a really old game that is the very definition of cult-classic. Plus, I hear Mother 3 is like, t3h ϋber-h4x in Japan, and it's more recent.

And again...it'd create incentive for a localized DS Mother compilation...isn't that the more important thing? Honestly I'm indifferent on the matter. I love me some EarthBound, but Ness has no personality. It's like wanting any of the Dragon Warrior/Quest heroes.

Fawriel

Smash Master
Ness has just as much personality as Mario, Link or other more or less silent protagonists. Much of his personality comes from his surroundings and status therein. Well, Mother 3 adverts would be nice, but I would not like to see Ness replaced by anyone... now, two Mother characters, that would be the very definition of awesome.

But anyway, this is off-topic.

And you are redeemed! <3

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Ness has just as much personality as Mario, Link or other more or less silent protagonists. Much of his personality comes from his surroundings and status therein. Well, Mother 3 adverts would be nice, but I would not like to see Ness replaced by anyone... now, two Mother characters, that would be the very definition of awesome.

But anyway, this is off-topic.

And you are redeemed! <3
Ness is awsome, he's got a huge and hilarious personality! I think by now we should all know Ness owns! :) :) :)

Don't mess with Ness, he has a slingshot, a bat, and a yo-yo after all! :laugh:

Saimdusan

Smash Apprentice
I would like G&W to stay, but wouldn't mind if he got cut either. Why? Because he was made as a total WTF character, which he wouldn't be in Brawl.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I like Ness but he is not one of my names because his Up B recovery got nuffed and the Yo-Yo has no impact at all.
Ness' two yo-yo attacks (Adown and Aup) really aren't that good. I've seriously barely even used Ness' Adown because it is that horrible. His Aup, however I use to get the damage up, and definitely not for impact! :laugh: Seriously, I rarely use Ness' Aup (only on platform stages), and I use it so much more than Ness mains, that is how little it is used. That definitely isn't too good for Ness=ya.

Now for Ness' Bup recovery, that seriously is one, if not the hardest recovery to master to use in real battles. You have to work on it so hard and so long, that the Bup recovery alone is one of the reasons we don't see as many Ness users/mains. Other than those 3 attacks, Ness can be, and will be pretty awsome in SSBM! Still, I like to use him a lot more in SSB64=ya. :) :) :) :ness: :ness: :ness:

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I mastered his Up B recovery way back in the 64 day's. He better be good in Brawl.
Basically I think he'll make his SSB64 self look like a noob=heck yes! :laugh: :) Basically the same deal with all other low tier characters (or most characters for that matter), they will allo basically totally own! :) ;) :psycho:

Joka

Smash Journeyman
I'm hoping Klonoa will be in it. Seeming as they have Snake in the game, I'll say it's a 50% chance Klonoa will be in.

End Game

Smash Journeyman
Quite a nifty topic you guys got here. Mr. Game & Watch? i honestly don't play as him or anything but he does have an original moveset to work with so thats always a plus, i say he has a 60% chance of making it.

And i nominate the awesomeness that is falco (x5)

Ridley22

Smash Ace
Game & Watch.....................mmmmmmmmmmm..... 68%
Because he is original and Sakurai said that he wanted some retro characters.

Muffin_man

Smash Journeyman
95%

If it weren't for that **** rumors and for those few yet loud people who assume that if a character is too retro they shouldn't be in, they concept of him being booted wouldn't of even been as far spread as it is now.

Oh, and that idiotic radio rumor also has something to do about it as well.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
95%

If it weren't for that **** rumors and for those few yet loud people who assume that if a character is too retro they shouldn't be in, they concept of him being booted wouldn't of even been as far spread as it is now.

Oh, and that idiotic radio rumor also has something to do about it as well.
I hae all the darn fake rumors surrounding SSB before Melee came out, and now before Brawl's coming out. That stupid rumor that Ridley, WW Link, and Bowser Jr. are in, and YLink, G&W, and Ice Climbers are out seriously angered me, cause I knew it was fake, and G&W+ the Ice limbers are too awsome to leave. They are sheer classics, and more than deserve a permanente spot in the series. Plus I was one of the few people who knew both of them in their original games before Melee's release! :laugh: :) ;)

Muffin_man

Smash Journeyman
I didn't know the Ice Climbers, but I remembered Game & Watch from an old Game & Watch I played with a couple times as a kid. I think the main reason why it'd be stupid if he left is that he was an original character who WASN'T a quickly rushed in clone. Sakurai's gotta keep up the character count, and getting rid of unique movesets they probably spent a hefty amount of time on is just absurd.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
^^^^ Nothing else needs to be said, he was original, good, and wacky=perfect for the series. I could stretch the same thing with the Ice Climbers. The Ice Climbers originated from Ice Climber, a game that was released about the same time as Super Mario Bros. Basically, it was a backup, just in case IC became a hit instead of SMB on the newly released NES.

And we all know how big Mario is now, and how underrated IC, a friggen awsome NES game is. Imagine if IC jumped to superstardome instead of Mario=way diffrent video gaming, but still good. Ice Climber and Super Mario Bros. ftw!

Burning Lava

Smash Journeyman
85%

for G&W

Or maybe I'm just being optimistic cause I want him back. But anyway, no I didn't use him a ton, but I got pretty good with him, (in relation to how good I am with my mains) and like other people are saying, he's very original in his moveset and is an iconic character. Wonder if it's too late for me to vote? Nah.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
20% for M2. He wasn't that fun to play as and he's no longer relevant (or not as relevant as some others) to the Pokemon universe. The only chance he has is because he was in Melee...but I (and alot of others) can think of at least 10 Pokemans we'd rather play as in Brawl.

Nominate Falco x5.

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
After reading all I've read for the past few days, I know that the guys behind Brawl ARE listening to the fans.

So, Mewtwo is too popular to be removed, but he'll definitelly be going through some changes.

85%

Nominations:
Ice Climbers x5

Fawriel

Smash Master
"We"'d rather play as?

Make Mewtwo better and I'll main him. Along with all the other awesome people. So I'll have like 8 mains, so what!

Mewtwo remains the Pokemon accepted as the strongest, he was there first, he has personality, he has the first movie and he actually has personality. He's also the closest thing to an antagonist, although he's really just misunderstood or something.
Just make him owning and everyone will be happy.
Still, there's a chance he'll be replaced. But I doubt it. 90%.
5 nominations for the young Link.

Vali

Smash Ace
75%

I want him back, I want him buffed to a strength which at least does him justice with a new and far improved moveset, preferably not as floaty >.> That said he might be axed for one of the 4th generation Pokemon but Nintendo likes to give service to their older franchises so here's to hoping Mewtwo doesn't go anywhere for Brawl.

Nominate...er...i'll go for Young Link x5, it'll be great to see how low his score can go :chuckle:

Top Bottom