• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances (of Returning) - Day 6 - Mewtwo

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
With Mewtwo constantly being challenged for his title as the strongest pokemon (I think to some extent he's actually been dethroned), his chances of returning aren't certain. Add to that the fact he wasn't well handled in melee means he probably isn't as popular among the smash community as others. However, he is still a big name in the Pokemon franchise and one of the more recognizable and popular ones. He also probably deserves another chance so that the devs can make him work this time. Still, he probably could be replaced by Deoxys.

70%.

Nominate: Pichu (x5) (I want to see just how badly he does)

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Mewtwo is probably the 2nd mos popular Pokemon, and the series only real villian Pokemon. Sure he wasn't the greatest in Melee, but bad things can be changed for the better. So I'm giving Mewtwo a fair 85% chance of returning in Brawl, definitely better than ever, and he could actually prove he is the strongest Pokemon this time around.

Jigglypuff 5x! C'mon people, you know you want to vote Jiggs! :laugh: :): ;)

Side Note: Donkey Kong got around 96% and that is still too low for him! Did someone put 5% or something like that=jk! :chuckle:

The Franchise

Smash Journeyman
60% for Mewtwo. His movset was different and I think he warrents enough popularity to remain. Guess it all depends on number of pokemon spaces and what new ones they want to promote.

Jigglypuff x 5

HiddenTiger

Smash Lord
Mew to the Two... I know he's popular in the games, but his overall importance has waned considerably over the years. He wasn't handled all that well in Melee, either, so I don't know if they'd want to spend enough time trying to fix everything about him that needed fixing, or if they'd just scrap him and pick a newer, more popular pokemon and start from scratch. Then again, there's no real reason why they wouldn't keep him in, either. I'll give him 50%. Either he will or he won't, and I honestly can't see the scales tipping in either direction.

Nominate Ness (x5)

Fawriel

Smash Master
Just for the record, fixing Mewtwo would be a breeze. A lot more weight, some more damage, some more knockback and probably priority. Done is your perfectly balanced badass Mewtwo.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
What about his specials? Disable and Confusion are up there in terms of uselessness with the Peach Bomber and Samus' bombs.

Fawriel

Smash Master
Samus' bombs? You mean THE Samus' bombs that allow her an infinite horizontal recovery, SWDing and potential mindgamey stuff?
Sarcasm aside, better specials would be nice, but not necessary. Make executing the Shadow Ball less laggy and that along with the awesome Teleport make up for the useless other two.

Zeela12

Smash Ace
like 45%, I really hope he doesnt come back, although he did have a interesting charater fighting design and move set, but legendary pokemons are just not for brawl.

Iggy K

Smash Ace
Unless they only have like 3 spots for Pokemon, I really doubt he'll get cut, 85%.

Niminate Ice Climber's x5.

Pomfrod

Smash Apprentice
Everyone keeps citing the importance of a villain slot, and Mewtwo fills that well, as seen in the movies and Event 51. I think five Pokemon is a maximum, with a four being likely. I'm looking to a 4th gen Pokemon to replace Pichu; no reason to nuke an easily repaired, original moveset.

Mewtwo--95%

Nominate--Sheik x5

And hasn't it been confirmed by two separate sources that all the SSB64 cast will be returning? Why are we voting on it?

digifreak642

Smash Journeyman
I'm very sad that most of you are giving such poor ratings to the final boss in the original pokemon games. :( I shouldn't have to explain why Mewtwo has such a large chance, but I only see two pokemon leaving (prob. Dr. Mario and Pichu or Y. Link) So I don't see him leaving. I give Mewtwo a 96.33333333333 chance of returning.

Nominate Yoshi x5.

Goldkirby

Smash Ace
Mewtwo was the sh*t in Red and Blue. I took out all of the final four with just him. Red and Blue are the only versions I have played, I quit pretty soon after I beat the game a few times. So sad to see such a god-like pokemon reduced to bottom/low tier in melee, but hopefully he will return to brawl and be more powerful.

I give mewtwo a 90% chance of returning.

EDIT: Oh I nominate x5 falco.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Just an FYI, Mewtwo's been upseated numerous times by other Pokemon as the most powerful. Most recently by Acreus, a hidden legendary in DP. Even unleveled (he starts at Lv.80) it could hand Mewtwo it's face. (Not to mention he looks pretty cool)

And even outside of legendaries, nearly any Pokemon can be trained to be more powerful than Mewtwo, so this whole "he's the strongest" argument really isn't all that. Also, GoldKirby...if you missed three generations (that's over 300 possible Brawlers), then how can you judge M2's worth? Actually, I think that goes for alot of people here.

Fawriel

Smash Master
Mewtwo still has the highest special attack ( except for attack mode Deoxys, I think ) and overall awesome stats. Arseus or whatever it's called doesn't count because it's frikkin GOD. It's supposed to have created the earth or so. I wonder what they'll come up with next to top that..............
Either way, Mewtwo is not THE most powerful, but one of them, and definitely more feasible than giant birds or metallic dragons.

BoG

Smash Journeyman
I'd say he's on the fence. He was an interesting inclusion and on occasion fun to play as, but he doesn't seem so important to the series at this point in time. I'd like to see him put back and powered up, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
M2 may have the largest base Sp. Atk, but I could easily train a Zubat to outmatch itin that area. Granted, that doesn't really count when it comes to Smash (none of my points do), I just couldn't stand for everyone praising Mewtwo's power when he's not the end all be all of Pokemanz.

In general, I find it hard to read posts from people who stopped playing Pokemon games at the 1st or 2nd gen. That'd be like me commenting on Fire Emblem without having played 1-6.

...Oh wait.

EDIT - BoG: You going to give a %, or what?

digifreak642

Smash Journeyman
He was the first Strongest pokemon, and he is much better known than Deoxys or that other new pokemon. Plus, why don't you just keep Mewtwo and add a new one? I think Pichu is the only pokemon that needs to go. Axing two pokemon would be murder. (lol)

petre

Smash Lord
closest to Sterling Heights, MI on your wii foreca
i dont know if this is still true or not, but mewtwo is the only pokemon that has MORE THAN ONE MOVIE ABOUT HIM. thats right. and even if they are old now, hes still the 'original' ultimate pokemon. ill go with 70% though, cause ive kinda dropped out of the pokemon scene, so i dont know whos new that could be in.

nominating...pichu x5!!!! (didnt i touch on this last time? why doesnt one of the most likely characters to go have any nominations yet? its like you people WANT the most ridiculous cloned characters to stay. jeez.)

Ulubai

Smash Cadet
from a purely SSBm point of view i would love to see mewtwo T.T; i love that guy <3
from a purely pokenerd point of view i never really liked/used him in red/blue
that being said
i'd go for a 80% of him returning, i don't think it would be a catasrophe if he returned but who honestly would they replace him with?

Milos

Smash Lord
i dont know if this is still true or not, but mewtwo is the only pokemon that has MORE THAN ONE MOVIE ABOUT HIM. thats right. and even if they are old now, hes still the 'original' ultimate pokemon. ill go with 70% though, cause ive kinda dropped out of the pokemon scene, so i dont know whos new that could be in.

nominating...pichu x5!!!! (didnt i touch on this last time? why doesnt one of the most likely characters to go have any nominations yet? its like you people WANT the most ridiculous cloned characters to stay. jeez.)
I know he's the main dude in the first pokemovie, but there was a second one about him? not that I know of....

In my opinion, Mewtwo has about a 65-70% chance of returning. Extremely fun to play, one of my favorite characters, but he's disposable.

I think that in the end there's a greater chance of him staying than going, but if he goes, there won't be an uproar.

Top Bottom