• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rant about DBZ here!

Ant1

Smash Ace
As the other thread is getting off topic as what happens when someone mentions dbz on this forum, i have created this thread to rant about dbz to ur hearts content.

Bask in my immense knowledge about db/z/gt :chuckle::chuckle:
Ask me questions about it and i will give u an answer, as long as it's not asking me the names of japanese voice actor's coz thats the one thing i don't know.

Browny

Smash Hater
Does anyone know what is the power level actually referenced to... like, 9000 points = what? What is the equivalent of 1 power level point?

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
dont be difficult djb, its just a number used to represent how strong someone is (although the person with the higher level didnt always win)

thats like saying what is the number actually refernced to when your talking about speed, KM/H

that number represents how many kilometers you travel in an hour, this number represents hows strong you are, simple.

I happen to know abit about dbz ant, so I will spend more time then I should thinking of something to stump you on

Splice

Smash Hero
Turtle has a power level of 0.001

A human has a power level of 5.

In one episode the turtle fights two people, and wins, which is funny coz they have higher power level, continuity error?

Splice

Smash Hero
the power of 9000000 turtles actually.

or the power of 1800 people.

Ant1

Smash Ace
Powerlevel is ur fighting power. Well it's how strong u are. 9000 turtles with a powerlevel of 1 would not be able to beat even someone with like a pl of like 500. It's never explained how it's measured so its just fan speculation.

IIRC Hercule has a powerlevel of around 16-18, some beleive it is 132 as thats what hercule measured on the punching machine during world tournament saga.

Here's a random fact for everyone.
The Z in dbz stands for zenkai which means power in japanese iirc

Zero

Smash Hero
zenkai means "last chapter, last installment", according to Mr. Dictionary.

Also means "complete destruction"

Both are ironic lol

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
dont be difficult djb, its just a number used to represent how strong someone is (although the person with the higher level didnt always win)

thats like saying what is the number actually refernced to when your talking about speed, KM/H

that number represents how many kilometers you travel in an hour, this number represents hows strong you are, simple.
That isn't really an accurate comparison, "one kilometer" is an absolute value that can be measured, "how strong you are" is extremely vague. DJB asked what unit of measurement was used as a power level of 1, not what a power level represented. In his defence, it came off as more curious than difficult to me.

An average human adult has a power level of 5, so 1/5 the strength of the average adult is 1 power. Perhaps the strength of an average human baby or child, then?

That is still pretty vague/speculative, though.

Ant1

Smash Ace
zenkai means "last chapter, last installment", according to Mr. Dictionary.

Also means "complete destruction"

Both are ironic lol
hmm interesting. I never actually looked that up lol, i just remember someone on a dbz related forum saying it meant power so i just believe it from then on in. Power is similar to complete destruction in a way though.

Oh i remembered something else. Goku was born with a power level of 2, god knows how they measure the power of a baby lol. But a power level of 1 is like a low class baby.

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
Andrew - lawl well it's not important to know how to measure it, at least. xD

Seriously I think they just mention an adult being 5 as a basic form of measurement so people are like WOOOOAH STRONG.

Ant - not a human baby, though. And Goku WAS a low-class baby.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
How many episodes combined did Goku and Freeza spend powering up in that saga?

Ant1

Smash Ace
hmm well its not that long, powering up taking a long time is generally exaggerated to make it seem like it goes for whole episodes.
U've got all of freiza's transformations + him powering up to 100% in this final form. U've got goku using kaioken and powering up to kaiokenx20, then his ssj form. And that's about it. Collective it probably like 1 episode lol.

l3oOkeR

Smash Ace
Does anyone know what is the power level actually referenced to... like, 9000 points = what? What is the equivalent of 1 power level point?
Like all things that are ki based its measured in midichlorians. a power level of 1 = 1 midichlorian.
The higher your midichlorians the higher your Power level.

its simple science people gawd

Ant1

Smash Ace
if goku still had his tail at the end of db and transformed into an oozaru he would only have a powerlevel of like 3000. Anakin as a child probably had a powerlevel of like 3 lol.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
hmm interesting. I never actually looked that up lol, i just remember someone on a dbz related forum saying it meant power so i just believe it from then on in.

LOL, this is why I call you and your brother idiots from time to time

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
I love the over spammage of over 9000.

Considering Ant has not informed everyone it's actually, IN REALITY, TRULY AND SURELY, OVER EIGHT THOUSAND. But dubguyswerereallylazyaboutsynchinglipmovementslolololol.

Man with a gun was 50 power level.
Turtle having 0.00 whatever doesn't necessarily represent his true power; especially as the turtle itself was a martial artist to a degree, it's easy to forsee that he could power up just like anybody else could. The whole aura thing etc etc was just an exaggeration of 'excess' energy, or so much energy that the light/heat it produced was viewable by normal sight. Whilst the turtle may not have visibly powered up like the SAIYANS, his skills to do so were possible; Roshi had 'power ups' too, he just couldn't sustain said power. Also martial artists learn how to overcome those stronger/bigger/heavier with them with 'skill', by using the powar of GRAVITY, usually... lol. To relate to humanity, bursts of adrenilin, MANLY SPIRIT, among other things, would probably be close enough to 'powering up'; enough so to not really be like "lol turtle beat two young gangster males - CONTRADICTIONZ"

Anyway </rant>

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
it doesnt matter wheter or not its right ant, as it sounds right but the fact is that you hear 1 guy say something that sounds right and you immediatly believe it and tell it as fact without any sort of research or confirmation, jumping to conclusions is never a good thing.
you've never make it as a politition, but then again who here would, not me.

and who wants to be a ****ing politition anyway.

Ant1

Smash Ace
I love the over spammage of over 9000.

Considering Ant has not informed everyone it's actually, IN REALITY, TRULY AND SURELY, OVER EIGHT THOUSAND. But dubguyswerereallylazyaboutsynchinglipmovementslolololol.
Lol the moment hadn't appeared yet for me to bust that one out lol, i have to pace my random facts for teh nubs. And i've told my brother that anyway so it's all good.
There's a couple of things the dub says that can mislead u. For example when cell comes back from his suicide attack on goku. He says every single cell has a memory of his former self, and that he can regenerate from any cell, this isn't true. As what cell really says is 'that if his core (inside of his head) remains he can regenerate from that'
It's the same with piccolo, as long as his core survives he can regenerate.

I love how we are talking about the power levels of turtles lol.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
depends on the dub dude, I havnt seen any cell episodes in sub but I remember that whole, as long as the core in my head is intact I can regenerate, spiel

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
its true, just go to youtube and look up "opening to battle stadium don"

its a nihon (for some reason *** is censored) only game on ps2 and GC which I happen to own, its basically a smash clone but more ******** and has characters from dragonball Z, one piece and naruto, hence the name don.

anyways in like the first 10 seconds of the intro (and at the end too) goku pwns everyone, just watch it and see ;)

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
goku kicks ***, but vegeta is still pretty badass, go watch that episode where he saves goku from 19 and reveals that he is now a super sayain, that episode is so ****.

but even though it may seem like vegeta has a deeper character, I really like goku and the whole overused in anime "true strength comes from fighting to protect/for others, not for yourself" goku really gets that whole hero power of self sacrifice thing going.

anyways now that I'm ranting about this, I've though of a question for you ant "master of dbz knowledge" so lets throwdown, and I trust you have enough pride not to cheat by looking up the answer on the internet.

"true strength/power comes from a need, not a desire"

where is goku when he says this line, and who does he say it to?
(keep it mind that it may be slightly different depending on what version you've seen as there are 3, and I know that the ocean dub took out alot of footage, this particular quote is from the funimation version)

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
How did Frieza not notice the huge ****ing spirit bomb goku was charging I get it he was fighting but come on!
With how fast he was moving during the fighting, how'd he not get out of the way?

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP

(keep it mind that it may be slightly different depending on what version you've seen as there are 3, and I know that the ocean dub took out alot of footage, this particular quote is from the funimation version)

Wasn't that the hyperbolic time chamber? maybe even cell games; gohan

Ant1

Smash Ace
anyways now that I'm ranting about this, I've though of a question for you ant "master of dbz knowledge" so lets throwdown, and I trust you have enough pride not to cheat by looking up the answer on the internet.

That's easy lol, goku says it to gohan whilst training in the room of spirit and time (hyperbolic time chamber), he is teaching gohan how to become a super saiyan. This is from the funimation dub that i watched. That's not exactly what he says, its like true power comes in response to a need not a desire. Lol just a few different words there.
While gohan is trying to transform he has like flashbacks of goku saying that to him.

Cell saga's are my speciality lol. I can remember the name of each episode in order from around ep 130-180 lol. Although i can't remember the exact episode he says it in, as its repeated multiple times it's around ep 144-145 (cell is complete). I know he turns ssj in 145, so he probably says it in that or ep 144 (the last defense)

Sieg

Smash Champion
Although I won't stop your little fun fest, quizzes over the internet are the worst kind of quizzes known to man.

It's like you WANT me to Google answers.

Ant1

Smash Ace
we are on the honour system here sieg.
I'll give u guys an easy quote. Who says it and when.

"If by ready, you mean 'am i superior to you in every way?' then yes.

If u can't guess it then i'll add the rest of the dialogue.
"what's that!!?"
"im ready.... go for it"

Top Bottom