• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rambo - http://super-smash-bros.wikia.com/wiki/Rambo (**VIDEOS ONLINE**)

Mr. Phantasmo

Smash Journeyman
My parents have given me the green light to let an out of stater stay at my place during Rambo, the spare bedroom is a little clutted but the bed itself is clutter free.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
VIC RAMBO PAYMENT CONFIRMED LIST:
RAMBO REGISTRATION

- CAOTIC
- Myst Walker
- Loki
- Zan3tsuken
- Strider
- Forte
- Mikul
- Devil
- X
- Dekar
- Cobalt
- Ice K
- Bryan
- Nay
- Jei
- Geitz
- Tak
- Atticus
- Redact

LESS THAN ONE MONTH TO GO BEFORE REGISTRATIONS CLOSE!

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Attn Strider: There's an important CW meeting regarding Minifest and Rambo next Monday night, more specific details will follow. Try and keep that night free if you can.

Sloth

Smash Ace
Hey. I just ended up paying a $360 dollar phone bill. So I wasn't able to order my tickets to Melbourne, as I had previously hoped for.

However I'll still see if I can wing something!

Nick_

Smash Apprentice
Yer cao register me thanks, I'll pay you at the next couch warriors. Also i'll totally house sloth since he's low on cash, and jaz if he wants <3

Ugly Man

Smash Apprentice
I created this account purely to express interest in here. I'm a La Trobe student, so payment should be easy enough. Just tell me how and I will leap at it. I'll probably also be a first round knock out, so treat me mainly as a way of increasing the pot.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Wait why is prize money given to 1st and 2nd places only? Shouldn't there be a fight for 3rd place?
With prize money being split between 4 events, it's not worth handing out a third prize.

Scrubs - For the time being everything is single elimination. Once the registration deadline passes I'll decide if I can fit in double elimination to some events. If there was only 1 event I could afford to do that on, I'd choose Brawl singles. If there were 2 events I could afford to do that on, I'd also pick Brawl teams. That's why registration is important this year. I'll also release the bracket 1 week early.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
OK Deks you smart-arse, how about 3rd place doesn't work if it's single elimination? Think about the bracket for a second. I ain't gonna do 3rd place playoffs for $10.

wub.

I'm hoping with the time we save from doing single elims we can have an interstate crew battle. There's enough of a contingency coming from NSW and SA to do so

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Assuming 50 people enter (45 people @ $15 each, taking out the 5 tourney directors) and the smash bank (around $200), the prize pot should be around $875. Divide that by 4 and you have roughly $218 per event. Splitting that in the traditional 60/30/10 doesn't justify my time to decide a match where you the 3rd place winner gets $20 (well blow me down, it's $10 x 2 - please shoot me), especially in a single elimination. First placers should receive more, as smaller 1st prize handouts in majors is not very appreciable.

With the above assumptions the following prizes for each event should be something like this:
1st: $150
2nd: $65

Suntan Luigi

Smash Lord
We need more money. Rich people please donate to poor Aussie Ramboers. We need money to feed our children. We don't want to give money to our two oldest children only or else the smallest one will cry. We don't like seeing the smallest ones cry.

Ugly Man

Smash Apprentice
We need more money. Rich people please donate to poor Aussie Ramboers. We need money to feed our children. We don't want to give money to our two oldest children only or else the smallest one will cry. We don't like seeing the smallest ones cry.
I don't know, I find it amusing when people smaller than me cry. But then again, I'm one of those things, you know... those guys... a *******! Thats it!

Also, to re-iterate, whereabouts at La Trobe can I find someone to take my money so that I can enter? I'd prefer not to have to stealth my way in ninja style. Doesn't work with red hair.

Mr. Phantasmo

Smash Journeyman
Ginger Ninjas are the best ninjas, they posses teh Phir3 like Roy and Ike.

Hey it's April Fools day, some words come out different when you post them. E.g. when I say Ike I mean I k e.

Zant3tsuken

Smash Journeyman
With the single elim problem, perhaps you only need to single elim Brawl. I mean when you think about it, it's the first major comp and the first clash with interstaters and the first instance that you guys are playing casuals as well. Everyone is still essentially learning the game so perhaps it's not so important for that.

Melee, having running it a lot before should be more predictable to manage double elim. For the record this is how the day is laid out.
8-10am setup
10am-8pm good times
8pm-10pm packup

That should be manageable if you guys aren't running team brawl tournament.

Sloth

Smash Ace
However. You could reverse that staple logic and say its best to run Brawl on a double elimination. As running brawl with the better-scale is another way of giving it serious attention and putting it as the new game everyone should play.

Like when talking with Scrubs last night, he wasn't as interested in attending RAMBO due to the lack of attention on Brawl. i.e Single elimination.

I however see the massive problem for trying to run four events with a lot of people. Single elimination seems like the only logical thing. As Cao said. People are stupid in large groups.
I'm not excited in an interstate crew battle :( Oh well! Could be cool to watch.

OMIGOD STILL APRILS FOOLS. Melee = Brawl. GG.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
I can propose to use the Swiss System since there is a strong objection to single elimination. It can be run within the same t.i.m.e.frame as intended but there will be some changes to the way you'll play. On the plus side, everyone will get to verse more people and will not be eliminated. On the negative side, you will not be able to play people in a set, rather, a single match to create a ladder. The highest positions can face off for the cash prizes.

Note - this would only effect Singles for both games. Teams will still be seeded single elimination for both games.

All I need people to do is to vote on this. So get cracking.

PS Cobalt - Apologies, I don't have the resources to run this for 2 days.

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
everyone starts at 0 points, then you get placed against someone, play them and if you win, you get a point, if you lose, you get no points
then after everyone has 1 match, then you face off against someone with the same amount of points as you, or as close as possible to that
these rounds keep going so everyone has the same amount of matches against people with generally the same point range
then im guessing there will be a like top 8 or top 4 cut off for a double elim at the end
either way, wiki it

Top Bottom