• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rambo - http://super-smash-bros.wikia.com/wiki/Rambo (**VIDEOS ONLINE**)

Plasia

Smash Journeyman
Swiss ftw! As long as it's the ranked one. (not the one where Plasia verses Em, then Shaz followed by Cao and Cats. lol)

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Looks like we got no objections to Swiss - the switch will be made

Just under 3 weeks to go!!

Dekar289

Smash Hero
i object to swiss

i think it should be single elim, and we play in the order we sign up

also no battlefield

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
i dont know if thats supposed to be serious or sarcastic
it being dekar, him saying something like this, and being serious is a possibility, but the sheer amount of fail that single post contains is so horrendous and wrong

Suntan Luigi

Smash Lord
According to Caotic's Stupid Rule, if Caotic gets 1st or 2nd place, he will give the money to the person below him. So if this Caotic guy comes second, is he going to split the money between the two third place people or will they battle it off?

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
they fight to the death for it
but i would probably say that if there is at least a top 4 double elim, a proper 4th place will be found, no tie for 3rd

Bjay

Smash Lord
If that's both for Melee and Brawl that sounds cool to me :)

I think I'm buying my tickets this week too ^_^

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
You can pay at the upcoming local tournament in April 19: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=95746

If you are unable to make that event, you can choose to pay me through an online bank deposit into my account - just send a PM my way for the account details and instructions. A couple of people have opted to pay this way instead.

Strider69

Smash Cadet
Hey guys, howsit going. Just posting to say I got an extra set for brawl and melee. That includes
TV
Powerboard
SSBM
SSBB
Wii

Yay!

ellelaby

Smash Apprentice
You can pay at the upcoming local tournament in April 19: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=95746

If you are unable to make that event, you can choose to pay me through an online bank deposit into my account - just send a PM my way for the account details and instructions. A couple of people have opted to pay this way instead.
Just got a phone call from the president of my athletics club that the cross-country season starts on the 19th... I guess I have time to think about whether I go or not (2 weeks).

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
That would be strange if you had to commit to extra-curricular activities during a national long weekend. You might want to check up on that - everyone should be on a holiday when RAMBO's on

ellelaby

Smash Apprentice
That would be strange if you had to commit to extra-curricular activities during a national long weekend. You might want to check up on that - everyone should be on a holiday when RAMBO's on
Hm... well he made it pretty clear that there is a run on on the 19th.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
oh ok, well I was assuming you're free for RAMBO on the 26th. If you can't make it on the 19th to make the payment you can use the other method I suggested or figure out a way to meet me before RAMBO to pay for it in hand.

Sloth

Smash Ace
CAOTIC, I need a way to pay before the 19th! I work all day so I won't have time to drop into a bank.

Can I possibly repay you when we meet up? or shall I just online transfer? Also Sam how much do I owe you?

Zant3tsuken

Smash Journeyman
Just a heads up guys, we'll be needing TVs and equipment a bit beyond our usual volunteered to cope with the extra people. Please post here if you can pledge equipment (mostly TVs, wiis + brawl) if you haven't already. We'll be asking people at the next ranbat to basically consolidate the list and there will be a meeting afterward to work out the layout for the room.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
People shouldn't forget to bring Cubes and Melees as well.

Sloth - you can do an online transfer. I think after the deadline passes people can pay me through online banking:

Name - MR. DAVID CAO
BANK - ANZ
BSB - 013 011
ACCOUNT NO - 7615 67060

If you use this, please provide some indication you have sent the money so I can confirm with you it passed through.

Much cute,
Woxy

Sloth

Smash Ace
Arriving in Melb at 6:25pm on Wednesday the 23rd.

I'm staying at Jei's place! I can't wait to see everyone again :) I am going to suck at brawl too as I've spent the past month and a half in Tas ! so don't expect anything good from me ! !

I'll be heading out on the 29th as well, I'll book that ticket probably tomorrow.

Sloth

Smash Ace
Negative on that Adam :(

He is probably heading off to microasia soon. Poor kid won't be in Aus for like a year+

I am still depressed.
I have to make sure to hug nearly everyone I know.^^

Suntan Luigi

Smash Lord
About Rambo's schedule. I think we should have Brawl before Melee. Playing Brawl right after a game of Melee makes you try to wavedash and stuff. Or maybe that's just me.

Dedu

Smash Lord
Hey everyone currently residing in Melbourne!
I think you guys are cool!
You have the best city in Australia! Period.

Back on topic -
I'm looking for a place to stay at from Wednesday the 23rd of April to Friday the 25th.
Any offers will be greatly appreciated.

Plasia

Smash Journeyman
Register V1p3R as well. We'll both pay at CW.

(Better train up imo, he took out Redact at CW with ~3 hours of Brawl gameplay under his belt :p)

ellelaby's younger brother

Smash Apprentice
Can't they change the schedule? Cant you make the Brawl singles from like 9-12? That would be better.

I might just go to the tournament on the 19th. It'll take two hours to get there, but will only cost $10 not including transport costs (thats including me and my brother). The tournament on the 26 is 15, meaning 30 for me and him, but shorter travel. If I go to both tournaments, that'll be $40, not including transport costs. FFs, and thats just two tournaments in one month.

Imagine if I went to another two next month and then another two in the next month. I'll be spending hundreds of dollars, just in one year too! I can't really decide which turney I'll go to, but it's leaning more towards the 19th since my saturday priority will get more important in the next 2-3 weeks.

And there'll be heaps of tournaments in following weeks/months won't there?

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Rambo will be a major tournament and have visitors from interstate participating. It's much more competitive and specative.

The Ranbat's (like the one on the 19th) happen on the third Saturday of every month and are more casual locally based tournaments.

I'd recommend you go to Rambo on the 26th, as major tournaments do not come very often. Ranbats happen all of the time and cost $5 per person for each one. So there's no way you'll be spending hundreds of dollars throughout the year.

ellelaby's younger brother

Smash Apprentice
Rambo will be a major tournament and have visitors from interstate participating. It's much more competitive and specative.

The Ranbat's (like the one on the 19th) happen on the third Saturday of every month and are more casual locally based tournaments.

I'd recommend you go to Rambo on the 26th, as major tournaments do not come very often. Ranbats happen all of the time and cost $5 per person for each one. So there's no way you'll be spending hundreds of dollars throughout the year.
Ok, I'm thinking about it. If I do decide to go, I'll most likely send the money to your bank account.

Top Bottom