• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rambo - http://super-smash-bros.wikia.com/wiki/Rambo (**VIDEOS ONLINE**)

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
it may sound hardcore, but the atmosphere in Australian smash never feels hardcore, its good fun
also ranbats are never hardcore XD

Sloth

Smash Ace
lol. The atmosphere is like a giant man-pile of 50 men hugging each other in one loving warm embrace <3 I wouldn't miss it for the world!

I'll probably book my flight around next week and post my details, but I can see myself only staying for around 4 days atm. So I also need housing if possible!

Edit! Jei just offered me to stay with him <3 I love cats and I will hug them dearly, until they almost stop breahting. Too cute xD I'll post details next week.

Forte4Tei

Smash Apprentice
I agreed that I can host, but you guys have to talk to Sam about hosting, unless I'm mistaken...? In any case, I'm sure he'd be happy to sort you out with where you guys can stay.

~Vince.

Kulla

Smash Journeyman
I am coming to this! I love Snake. I love Metaknight. I love all these things. But they aren't as cute as Wolf

ugly is the new black

Smash Rookie
Woot, first post. I sent emails to both CAOTIC and Strider. But I'll drop a line in here, as well. This is to be my first SSBM tournament (better late than never, I suppose). And I'm really looking forward to it. I live just outside of Melbourne, so if any local smashers wanna get together for some friendlies before the tournament, get ahold of me.

love,
nathan.

hero_link

Smash Cadet
Woot, first post. I sent emails to both CAOTIC and Strider. But I'll drop a line in here, as well. This is to be my first SSBM tournament (better late than never, I suppose). And I'm really looking forward to it. I live just outside of Melbourne, so if any local smashers wanna get together for some friendlies before the tournament, get ahold of me.

love,
nathan.
LOVE? i gotta feelin we wont be smashing for a while, jus jokin, ya allllllll right

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Sup Ugly, try and hook up with Blazey, he lives in Hoppers Crossing/Werribee too <3

and welcome to the boards

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
ugglllyyyy
post some details like msnsies or something :3
i travel too far for smash, so i might go your way some time for a game :3

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
The lives of Smashers would be so much easier if they stopped working on Saturdays. That's like... Smash Day!

Be a Monday-Friday Jerk like me!

ugly is the new black

Smash Rookie
ugglllyyyy
post some details like msnsies or something :3
i travel too far for smash, so i might go your way some time for a game :3
Absolutely, man. My email address is thedorianmode@hotmail.com - you should be able to hook up with me through MSN with that. And I've already contacted Blazey on the email provided in that other thread, so hopefully he'll be in contact with me soon as well. If there's enough people in the area, we could likely pull together something fairly regular. I work at the EB Games in Werribee, too, so maybe I could talk to some of our customers and drum up a bit more business. ;)

Oh, and as for the "love, nathan" thing - it's just a habit I can't break. I started doing it back when World of Warcraft first went live, because it irritated people and I thought it was funny. And like, it just kinda stuck. >.>

So get used to it, lol.

love,
nathan.

LemonManX

Smash Lord
I hardly ever work Saturday's Cao. Mostly because if it isn't a Smash day... its a "LETS GET DRUNK" day. I am just being careful, they might try and rope me into doing God know's what. Better to be safe than sorry.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
You've got it all wrong LMX. That's a let's get drunk NIGHT, not day, seriously... :grin:

I miss Anf's spooning ill make him return

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
The Rambo ruleset has been updated. Check the first post for details.

Next on the agenda:

- Housing - This year I will not be arranging housing for interstaters. I will be advocating Hostel accomodation instead at the Greenhouse, which will be far more convenient and efficient. Those seeking a save a buck or two at the expense of time, may independently contact Melbourne Smashers at will, using the contact list in the Melbourne Ranbat Thread. Contact me if you want some recommendations.

- Equipment - This is the usual calling for all Melbournians to help supply RAMBO with equipement to assist the smooth running of the tournament! I am looking for:

PLEASE POST SAYING WHAT YOU ARE ABLE TO PROVIDE FROM THE FOLLOWING LIST!!!

- A minimum target of 10 tvs (some may be provided by Minifest)

- A DVD recorder/PC capture card (may be arranged from CW, I'll have to consult with Loki and Zan)

- A tripod for video recordings

- SSBM and SSBB/SSBX game discs - as many as possible - everyone can help here!

- Gamecubes and Wiis - as many as possible - everyone can help here!

- Powerboards and extensiosn cabling - as many as possible - everyone can help here!

- Transportation - I need someone that is available during the Rambo season to consider picking up people from the airport and taking them to their destination - the city is the ideal drop-off location. I'm looking at either Jei, Adam and Sam at this point. Let me know if this is possible.

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
ur looking at me? o_O .....i like this.
i am able to provide a gc controller =D go me.
anyone who needs 2 be housed im havin max. 3 ppl, bryce is one of them, 2 more spots to fill, squabble for a spot at ur own will, i will sit back and enjoy.

love jei?

ugly is the new black

Smash Rookie
I picked up a cheap PAL GameCube through work, and I'll see if I can find a decent PAL copy of Melee as well (my own console and game are NTSC). I'll bring along a couple of controllers as well. But I'm not sure what else I can pull together.

love,
nathan.

Mr. Phantasmo

Smash Journeyman
Ok, I will suply a TV, Wii SSBM & SSBB (with a Freeloader) and power boards. I'm not sure on picking people up, it's a three hour drive to the airport for me and another three hours back and my navigation skills = fail, if your starnded and have no other way then give me a buzz.

That reminds me I need to book my car in for a service.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Yeah, I didn't expect you to, but I gave you the benefit of the doubt, since you said you're taking the week off :) Thanks for supplying everything else though, much appreciated

Suntan Luigi

Smash Lord
I just read the recent rule set for RAMBO and didn't like the single elimination idea. It doesn't give accurate results. I'm sure the amount of time we have for the tourny is the problem but with enough tvs and Wiis/GCs, that shouldn't be a such a big obstacle. What say you?

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
I've assessed it to be a big obstacle. Mostly because:

1) I'm dealing with 2 games, not 1
2) People tend to be stupider in large crowds, making things harder to manage
3) I'm expecting a lot of people to enter

However, I have mentioned in the first post I am willing to lift the single elimination in singles to double elimination if there is enough time or less entrants. Hopefully the registration process and deadline will help keep numbers to a manageable level, thereby adding in double elimination to as many events as possible.

PS - It is usually very difficult to generate accurate results in a large tournament (although proper seeding can go far), so just train yourself to beat everyone. If you're not first, you're last.

Good example - Look how Ferrari fared today.

Suntan Luigi

Smash Lord
Ferrari is the man. Hopefully singles can be double elimination because I have always been sent to the losers bracket and have always won one round there raising my placings.

Plasia

Smash Journeyman
I'll be coming unless something really important comes up.

I'll only come for Brawl though. But when I do come I'll provide a TV, US Wii and US Brawl.

Mr. Phantasmo

Smash Journeyman
Also I will beat people who I see playing friendlies when its not time to be playing friendlies, that or a harsh tickling (if your too strong for me to pound I'll then resort to "coochy-coo" your arm pits).

LemonManX

Smash Lord
I wish I was going to see the Foo Fighters so I could use Foo Fighters johns... *loves FF*

Although, I'll hold off until Muse's next tour which will probably be next year or something similar... speaking of Muse. OMG H.A.A.R.P is out soon. Hyped.

Top Bottom