• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rambo - http://super-smash-bros.wikia.com/wiki/Rambo (**VIDEOS ONLINE**)

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
That sounds jammin Adam. If you got the chance could you swing by Reon's and tell him about the tournament and get paid up? Much Thx in advance

PS - i'll take out everyone cool enough to stay in the city and put a ****ing stamp on melbourne's nightlife - there will a ****LOAD going on in the 3 days, knock yourselves out

Mr. Phantasmo

Smash Journeyman
Lol **** Reon wasn't home, no one was home. I dont supose anyone has his mobile number ?, If I could reach him and set up some pratice time for brawl we could be ownage.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
HI FIVE!!!

I made several significant changes on the first post regarding the following things:
- pot distribution (shared amongst all events and top 2 pay out)
- $5 minifest fee ($20 total for the day)
- the inclusion of SSBM and SSBB singles and teams (how we make up for the time will need to be discussed - possible to make single elim SEEDED in order to cater for all 4 events)
- revised schedule
- throwing an extra $220 Smash Bank into the pot for all teams events

these decisions were made with input from all sorts of people - if there's something you don't agree with and want changed, let the people know and i'll see what can be done. It's pretty hard to cater to everyone's prefs though - bear in mind due to 2 games being played, compromises have to be made somewhere! But overall this is great news for everyone!

Brawl will have equal rights as Melee - if we're serious about a National Brawl scene, we'd best give it a chance to grow as early as possible

SO TRAIN IN BRAWL AS YOU WOULD IN MELEE

Mr. Phantasmo

Smash Journeyman
Yay sounds awesome, just a quick question, will the smash bank still be operating ?, I imagin more tournaments will be planned futher down the line that might require some extra dosh for venue hire and other things.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Couch Warriors will be charging $5 for all future monthlies - that money goes directly towards their annual, which will be the focus for our future majors (if the tme is ripe). Thus, anything additional won't be necessary.

kupo

Smash Lord
Shaz is gay.
So is Jon.
Cao is cute.
Jaz is coooooool <3 (moar falcon dittoes imo)
Cats is just awesome.
Zax is on the same gay line with Shaz and Jon.
I hate Joe.
Atticus finch! Tho you probably don't remember me.
Sloth! I wants to see you ddr! <3
Bringer.../scared

and so on.

RL > Smash > WoW. The end.

=)

Bjay

Smash Lord
We're going with Melee first (doubles singles) then Brawl right? or Brawl first?

I'm assuming Melee first for obvious reasons.

Dedu

Smash Lord
Sweat. Huh?

What's sweat? Oh is it this?

Must be good for your health if you have sweat.

Sloth

Smash Ace
Max unlimited 8x on hidden dark reverse sounds better ^^ I won't bet that I'll pass it. But you know, final songs exist for a reason.

My sweat is godly ! I produce so much you could probably bottle it and sell it.
Sloth Sweat. Simple Sweet.

On other news. Do us out-of-staters have any talk of the brawl rules? I think the only important part is stage discussion, and what we think are neutrals and what are counter-picks.

Darkwing SykeDuk

Smash Dankist
Neutrals:
Battlefield
Final Destination
Delfino Plaza
Yoshi's Island
Lylat Cruise
Smashville
Castle Siege

Counterpicks:
Luigi's Mansion
Mario Circuit
Bridge of Eldin
Great Sea
Frigate Orpheon
Battleship Halberd
Skyworld
Green Hill Zone

Banned:
Mushroomy Kingdom
Rumble Falls
Norfair
Pokemon Stadium 2
Port Town
Wario Ware
Distant Planet
New Pork City
The Summit
Pictochat
Shadow Moses Island
Donkey Kong Arcade
Spear Pillar
Mario Bros.
Flat Zone 2
Electroplankton

Taken from some thread. I like it though, and you can always un-ban a stage if your opponent agrees to it.

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
Cats and I were working on the stages for Neutral, Counter and Ban (Redact also read over them and agrees) - seems pretty decent as it now stands.
battlefield N
final destination N
defino plaza C
luigis mansion C
mushroomy kingdom B
mario circuit C
rumble falls B
bridge of eldin N
great sea C
norfair C
frigate orpheon C
yoshi's island N
battleship halberd C
lylat cruise N
pokemon stadium 2 C
spear pillar C
port town B
castle siege N
distant planet C
smashville N
new pork city B
the summit B
skyworld C
75m (retro DK stage) B
mario bros B
flat zone 2 B
pictochat C
electroplankton stage C
shadow moses island C
green hill zone C

--melee stages--
hyrule B
yoshis island C
jungle japes C
onett C
corneria N
rainbow ride C
green greens C
big blue B
brinstar C
pokemon stadium N

N = neutral
C = counterpick
B = BAN

Scrubs

Smash Lord
Castle Siege shouldn't be a neutral stage because the walk off edges in its second transformation advantage some characters. Counter would be fine.

Distant Planet as a counter!! Yay one of my fav stages.

Melee Pokemon Stadium should be a counter. That windmill is crazy annoying.

Darkwing SykeDuk

Smash Dankist
The windmill affects every character as no one is short enough to go underneath it. I see people just camping until the stage changes as they do with the tree and when the giant wall thing comes up.

Sloth

Smash Ace
Effecting every character is not the problem tho. It is whether the effect greatly increases one characters advantage over another. Just imagine Ike vrs Pit, the wind comes up and Pit can easily keep a safe distant and spam arrows.

Either way, we should bring the conversation over to the brawl rule set page rather then spam the information about the Melbourne tournament.

Strider69

Smash Cadet
Cao, I think we should meet up. I'm in the city Monday to Thursday, just name a day, probably the same time as last time.

Mr. Phantasmo

Smash Journeyman
Omg, I have Friday night off so could I come to the city as well ?...... hang on I don't finish work till 12pm on Thursday, it would be about 2pm by the time I get there.

Anyway my boss told me today I could take the week off during Rambo, so if there is anything usefull I can do let me know (If I ask my folks nice enough I might be able to put up a bed for someone).

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Can you be my assistant in Rambo Adam? You're pretty reliable and I like you. That's a good enough reason

have you gone to the motor show yet? if you're free on friday to do that i may join you - or just do the ****s and giggles if youve already done that

I was at work's International Women's Day toast at Fed Square this morning, and all the guys felt out of place and wondered off into acmi - he bumped into the game on launch, so i guess its open now

HOUSING UPDATE:
The following people can house:
Jei Jei - Kas/Accel (i think)
Adam - someone (i think)
Vince - someone from SA that isn't crazy like QLD (i think)
Sam - probably everyone and anyone (i think)

we need more hosts! please step up!

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
it duznt matter who i house, the only problem is that my house is kinda small, i live with two old people and 5 cats =/
if its kas and ryan im housing im kool with that as long as they dont mind cats lol. i would house more ppl but like i said my house is small =(
i will see wat i can do i guess

bylim5

Smash Journeyman
hosting would be kinda fun. how many people attend these small smash fest anyway?
who knows. maybe i could be a host in my (also small) house but i'd like to meet u guys first :)

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Sorry, I was a bit too casual.

By hosting I mean, accommodating for interstate visitors that are coming to Melbourne for RAMBO. It's a part of the competitive Smash culture, since we're all cool kids. Hosting smashfests is different to hosting a visitor, hehe.

Also, bylim, if you want to enter Brawl, read the registration information on the first post of this thread and follow the payment instructions. They are very specific.

Thanks Mikul, I'll note that

Kizmmit

Smash Cadet
Hey guys, Hello form Adelaide! We're kind of inactive on these Forums but the SA Smash Community are interested in coming to RAMBO, as far as organization goes Forte and Sam said they could possibly host us (Great if they did) and so far the list of us going are

1.Oliver
2.Suhayb
3.Dave
4.Me - Dylan
5. Carl (Possibility)

And some of Dave's random friends.

We plan on staying 4 days and getting to Melbourne by plane the day before RAMBO. This is nearly confirmed, as soon as all the information is down and plane tickets are booked I'll tell CAO or someone about the rest of the details.

Cheers from SA.

Top Bottom