• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rambo - http://super-smash-bros.wikia.com/wiki/Rambo (**VIDEOS ONLINE**)

Strider69

Smash Cadet
Thats fine with me, what I don't understand is whats the difference between Rambo and a major tournament? I thought Rambo was going to be major, like the post heading "The Major Tour of 08.". If all that is going to change is the location, then I'm not sure we're going to have enough and the pot money isn't going to be as big to cover the costs. So I'm a bit confused.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
We're still using the Community Centre in Dallas, so nothing has changed.

I like Cobalt's idea though. Throw me dates! Mid-late February sounds good! Plus we can throw a brawl tourney with whatever overseas Brawls people have <3 But for the purposes of a major, it needs to be a much later date so interstaters can prepare coming over if they decide to. Thus... EASTER HOLIDAYS

hero_link

Smash Cadet
minor still has a fair amount of people so im going minor :)

i thinking date should be easter holidays as originated :)

stider and Cao, redx is planning to talk with you guys or somethin. just to let ya know :)

if we need it i can smuggle my cam corder past my parents, although thats harder to do harder than to get through than APEC security (chasers!! old by jesh that was good what they did) :)

SMILES ALL ROUND YAY :)

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Does anyone have a problem with the 5th of April? It seems like the most plausible date based on doing some background research - if it sounds like a sweet deal to all of you then that's going to be the RAMBO date

UPDATE: this will be running SSBM SINGLES, SSBM TEAMS, AND SSBB SINGLES tournaments

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
the delay shouldnt affect the copies we get, the tourney is a while after anywho, it just means less practice
unless the delay is due to lack of optical discs, then maybe due to lack of copies upon release we might not even get one for a while

CATS

Smash Journeyman
i say it should be major because the more the merrier or something like that

brawls will be about because i don't think anyone wants to wait for god knows when PAL is released really.

Scrubs

Smash Lord
If the dates align with Uni holidays and everyone in QLD has cash. I will drive us down there.

However, interest in melee is waining. Three people in QLD are getting Brawl early so we may or may not be there.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Did I forget to mention that this tourney will have an NTSC brawl tournament? :grin: There are about 5 people down here getting it early as well, so it's inevitable the focus of the tournament will strongly swing to Brawl. If you guys can come down and supply extra Brawl units, it'll be more fun

The problem is finding the right date. April 5 doesn't fall under Uni holidays, but it does for high-schoolers. There's the possibility of us pushing this back a week or two to March so it falls under uni holidays. Like March 29.

ACCELERATE

Smash Lord
Hmm how come i never heard about this? Lol. I was planning to come down later in the year... Me and anth were gonna go clubbing =/. Perhaps if more Qld people come i might go.

Depends.

Peace out.

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
Are you waiting till you turn 18 first? Anf can go clubbing anytime otherwise - If Queensland is serious about going, then why don't you guys throw me over some preferred dates? Makes my job easier

Sloth

Smash Ace
Hrm, I might try to make it but promise nothing for the moment. Mostly just to see all the hot Melbourne men again and play Brawl.

For me no date matters, whatever suits Scrubs I guess xD

Strider69

Smash Cadet
YES I AM, I've been trying to contact you but I always get an answering machine when I try to call ur mobile.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Sorry Strider I couldn't make it over to your place today, I as too tired from last night's Brawlfest. I got a working phone again, could you please call me tomorrow to meet up in the city? Then we can tackle it from there.

By the way ANZAC long weekend is looking more likely now (26 April).

Strider69

Smash Cadet
Hey Cao!, No prob, right now I'm in the city. Shoulda posted here sooner. I went looking for where u work but couldn't remember the street. D'oh. Have u got a new number? I still get the same answering machine. If not, you can find me after my classes which and a tad late.
(5.30) Otherwise, ring me.
0402 173 101
Hope u get this message in time.

And about the prices Cobolt, I'm not really sure yet, thats mainly what the meeting with Cao's for. :)

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
After careful consideration and talk with others, I'm advising on the best way to cost the tournament:

$20 per person for access to all tournaments
- SSBM Singles
- SSBM Teams
- SSBB/SSBX Singles
- SSBM Crews (time pending, should be fine since we have until 1am)

Pot distribution:
- SSBM Singles (50% of entry money, split 60/30/10)
- SSBM Teams (50% of entry money, split 60/30/10)
- SSBB/SSBX (0% of the entry money)
- SSBM Crews (0% of the entry money)

Schedule:
9.30am (Registration and Induction)
10am-1pm (SSBM Singles)
1pm-1.30pm (Break)
1.30pm-4.30pm (SSBM Teams)
4.30pm-5pm (Break)
5pm-8pm (Singles)
8pm-8.30pm (Break)
8.30pm-9.30pm (SSBM Crews and Presentation)
10pm finish

Any questions regarding the pot let me know and i'll give you a good response

Bjay

Smash Lord
Just one question - what date is this tournament to be held?

I'm entering :) Once I know the date I'll look into the other stuff.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Strider needs to update us on the venue status

Cobalt, it's an interstate crew battle, so you'll need to earn your position onto the Victorian crew

Bjay

Smash Lord
if i'm the only nsw who wil i be in a crew with? :p other states?

also, date for ths tourney?

Bjay

Smash Lord
i dont know who triss is ._. and triss is qld ;p

I can be my own one man crew (H) haha not that i'd make much progress!

18th of april? Sweet thanks. I better start making plans now.

Taht date is exactly 2 months after my bday :D (Feb 18th)

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
It's not the 18th of April. Nothing is finalised yet. We are actually going for a 26th Anzac long weekend date. There is a lot of Sydney going. Adelaide and some Queensland are going to be coming as well.

When it's all confirmed I'll let the people know.

Top Bottom