• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rambo - http://super-smash-bros.wikia.com/wiki/Rambo (**VIDEOS ONLINE**)

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
So is this tournament going to be delayed because of the later Brawl release or will it still go ahead around the scheduled time with Melee only?

hero_link

Smash Cadet
Reasons for playing without brawl
- We get to play on the original date
- just melee so they'll be more time for training people who want it
- less costs
- they'll be more GC than Wiis

Reason for brawl
- melee by itself might boring after 11 hours
- it'll be in vain if we play and train other people since we'll all prefer to play brawl instead of melee.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
I think people will be bored with a lack of tournament activity after Reloaded, rather than being bored of Melee due to Brawl anticipation. By that time many of us would have imported Japanese/North American copies of Brawl, so we can probably still have both on, just not to the same scale like Syke mentioned.

cats will have the JP version, plasia and i will have the US version, probably shaz syke LMX too, sounds like enough LOL

Oh, and if Syke comes, I shotgun him at my new place. :grin:

Strider69

Smash Cadet
I think the main thing this tournament should be remembered for, is the 1st main tournament with brawl in it, so regardless of whether it gets released or not, we'll be playing brawl. If it has to, the dates can be pushed back, but as long as we got enough copies, we hopefully won't need to do that.

Strider69

Smash Cadet
Hey guys, do ya think someone can create a photo shop'ed image of something to put on the first page? I have photo shop but I have no idea how to use it and anything I make would have to be on flash anyway. And yes, we got about $90 in the smash bank now, that means our prospects are looking good. Yay!

chicho619

Smash Rookie
Hey Mario its leo( yer i finally made an acount lol) y dont u ask Martin to make you a photo shop pic at skool? he is pretty good at it. remeber the vengence one he made..AWSOME!! Oh yer and can ya help me make an awsome signature....lol :]
Cya lata

chicho619

Smash Rookie
HEyyy its Carlo lol...wtf u talkin bout
ohh and i dont want it animated marz just tell me how ya did it and i can do it

Ark(angel)

Smash Cadet
noobs, this is what school is for, dont spam stuff like

"ditto, what leo said" -.- noobs.

Anyway, if you guys want me to sketch something and you guys can colour it with your photoshop skillz you can just askkks... I'm bored anyways.

chicho619

Smash Rookie
Yes mr david that would be awsome if u could sketch me a kool signature like u can add 1 of ur kool sketches in.. lol anythin u want...thank u

bii

NG7

Smash Lord
Which is why i stopped using mickey mouse.

Out of curiosity how old are you guys?

chicho619

Smash Rookie
Are we happy now peeple...ruin my dreams of a mikey mouse life....

Anyway *** u carlo and yer all good..

by the way carlo i can kik ur *** at melee anytime my falcon will smash the crap out of all ur characters(exept mayb ur peach coz ur cheep with her) but yer even my link bet urs and i havnt played link in 3 years......FORSHAME!!!!!

Strider69

Smash Cadet
To much stuff going on, I'm still not sure on a date. All depends on brawl. Cost's have changed.

hero_link

Smash Cadet
About the awesome stage builder, if both/all players agree to the stage before the match can we play it mister strider sir??? :( you DO make up the rules after all mar- i mean mister strider :)

Darkwing SykeDuk

Smash Dankist
I very much doubt brawl will be out by then in PAL. Either way, it would be good if you could make a stage like poke'stadium that doesn't change every 30 seconds. Or like dreamland without the wind.

LemonManX

Smash Lord
April... hmm... well if we're lucky the PAL gamers will have Brawl by then. But I wouldn't be getting my hopes up.

Unless we get lucky like we are with Mario Galaxy, otherwise we might have another Super Paper Mario or Metroid Prime 3 release scenario on our hands.

Strider69

Smash Cadet
Good news, the total amount of money saved so far for the tourney is $143, inc. the $20 u got Cao. Looking good.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Did the Smash bank increase from the last monthly? I need an update on this.

Strider69

Smash Cadet
Ok, here's the update: No more expensiveness, it'll be 10 bucks per person, period. Secondly, No brawl. In my opinion, I'd like to get the PAL version before I make any tournaments on Brawl. Plus, this being my first tournament, I don't really want to make it to big. Which brings me to my next number, Three, The tournament will only go for 1 day instead of two.
The update on the money that you're looking for Cao is that the total smash bank so far is:
$170 + $20 = $190 !!!!!

Cao, I'm willing to pay the rest of the money with my own, as long as I get it back from sub money, before the pot. It's like $60

So to summarize:
One: $10 entry
Two: No Brawl, only Melee
Three: Only one day

Lookin forward to it.

Now theres one thing I need from you guys, and thats a head count. If I can get some numbers, I can be even more confident about going ahead with this. And if you can't come, please give a reason so I can see what I can do to help. ;), I've tried to put the date in the school holidays but I'm not really sure I've gotten a good date so your going to have to help me out on that one.

Thanks and see you there!

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
That sounds far more manageable and exciting. It's been ages since Melbourne had a real tourney (monthlies don't count)! I'd say myself and good 30+ other people would be interested ^_^

You can help me with the Secret Life when Brawl comes out Strider! It's hard doing these things mostly on your own!

When do you want to meet up to discuss the details and take photos etc?

Devil.

Smash Journeyman
Im sure you can count X, IceK and Myself in,
You'll easily get the numbers you need Strider

Strider69

Smash Cadet
Anytime is fine, just make name a day and I'll see if I'm available. I most probably will be because I've got holidays now and I'm board ****less, any day your'e free. If you can come on Wednesday, tomorrow, maybe we can have a few more people come too.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
I've spoken to a some people and they are against the money raised being used for a Melbourne only tournament - since individuals who have put money in have been promised a major, the decision to keep it local may be controversial.

The Smash Bank is Melbourne's money so I invite everyone to give their 2 cents as to how the money should be used, AIIIGHT?!

Strider - don't let the prospect of national scare you, in the end, it only equates to an additional 5-10 people entering, and there are many people in our community capable of handling any logistics and orgnaisation necessary. Rambo will be large even if its Melbourne only. plus, there's CAOTIC. he does a lot

Top Bottom