• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rambo - http://super-smash-bros.wikia.com/wiki/Rambo (**VIDEOS ONLINE**)

The 2t

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys,

I'll be coming down along with 2 others from Sydney. This will be our first real tournament experience, we've been playing Melee competitively since late 2006 among ourselves and are looking forward to learning from the more experienced players in a tournament environment to further improve our game.

We're planning on travelling down by train over the Friday night then flying back up after the tournament on Saturday in the evening.

Our Smash names are

2t
SS Ben
IGIF

Looking forward to seeing how it turns out for us.

LemonManX

Smash Lord
Wow! Sounds manly.

I couldn't make it to Ranbat today, and I'm not sure if I even have my account set up for online banking... but I can give it a try? This sounds too hot to miss.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Need a teammate here for Melee. I suck at brawl too much :p.
Im looking at you ryan/bringer or sloth! or freddo if he's coming.

(Em posting cuz im at rambats and cbf logging onto my account. KGO!

Sloth

Smash Ace
I'd be happy to team with you Em ! It would be heaps of fun :)
And then afterwards we can own up some DDR!

Sorry Bjay! Me and Em go way further back, old school stylin. However if she refuses to team with me I am still up for it, or if you wanna play Brawl in teams.. I'm up for that too ^^ however my Melee skills > Brawl skills easily.

ugly is the new black

Smash Rookie
Yeah, I'm in need of a doubles partner for Melee as well. I don't know if I'll even compete in the Brawl stuff, because I haven't honestly had a chance to play it yet. But if anyone's without a doubles partner for melee, feel free to hit me up either on this thread or via email (thedorianmode@hotmail.com) or just talk to me on the day.

love,
nathan.

Loudassassin

Smash Rookie
About the closing times

If I go on the 19th of April to Sign Up, is it too late?
Or is the 19th of April the Last day?
Please reply. Cheers
Loudassassin

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Payment has been extended to April 25th, although the only convenient way to pay now is through online banking - if you want to do that PM me :) otherwise you can try and meet me in the city the day before Rambo.

Much love,
Woxy

Wulfis

Smash Rookie
I'm a Melbournian smasher, playing competitively among my friends in Brawl at the moment (none can beat me yet, though they insist they're still "training" ;)) though we're not bad at Melee either. Me and one other can probably come.

Sounds like it's going to be great fun, plus it'll provide some scope on the skill of interstate players. A smashing experience!

But Cao, clear your PM box - I can't send my payment message through!

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
My inbox is cleared! Go nuts Wulfis! Cool name - almost Woxy like

The 2t - Sound great! Look forward to more interstate competition flying over to see what we're all about!

Daltsy/Timmypoo arrives today sometime but I think is doing his own thing for a few days, so I think it'll be a great idea to have a dinner on Wednesday night! Keep it in the city though so everyone can jump in the eating bandwagon! I think Dedu arrives on Wednesday as well.

In any case, I work from 9-5pm on weekdays, so meet me during lunch hour if you're in the city and after 5pm at the lobby of:

121 Exhibition Street, Melbourne.

There's also parties planned on Thursday Night (ANZAC eve), Friday Night and Saturday Night.

Get ready guys!!

MikulOnIce85

Smash Ace
So Cao, is the party a planned nightly activity to celebrate the last formal melee tourney in victoria? It would be really good to go out and find something fun to do Saturday night. :3

Sloth

Smash Ace
Well, I arrive at 6:25pm on Wednesday, not sure when Jei will pick me up. I'll find out later. So I may have to skip Wednesday night activities.

But I'll abuse my legal drinking age through out the rest of the days with everyone else. I'm not visiting to play smash! Melb ppl are cool enough without it :)

<3 Emily!~ All we need now is a epic team name!

Bjay

Smash Lord
Heyy don't forget about me Cao I arrive on Wednesday! :p

I'll be arriving at 10.45am!

Wednesday night and the other nights onwards sounds great too!

---

Okay, I need a team mate for Melee and Brawl. Who wants to team up with me?

Dedu

Smash Lord
I'm not visiting to play smash! Melb ppl are cool enough without it
That is soo true Sloth - there's heaps of stuff to look at in Melbourne. Such a great city - it beats Sydney any day.
So Cao, is the party a planned nightly activity to celebrate the last formal melee tourney in victoria? It would be really good to go out and find something fun to do Saturday night. :3
Lets go gambling! wub wub
At the Crown!!

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Aiightz, I've got dinner organized for Wednesday night, so if anyone is up for Fusion Thai and/or a drinks night at the bar then there is a great bar and restaurant called 'Cookie' (mains $16-20).

www.cookie.net.au

Let me know right here if you're up this on Wednesday night so I can make a booking ASAP. Trust me, TOTALLY WORTH IT

Dekar289

Smash Hero
you pass the **** on wednesday and go to the dinner that night

no problem

Dedu

Smash Lord
I agree.

Unless the tests are all in the night time which is extremely unlikely.
Turn up for the dinner mate!

ugly is the new black

Smash Rookie
Okay, I need a team mate for Melee and Brawl. Who wants to team up with me?
I'm in need of a team mate as well, bro. And I'd be happy to join up with you if you're down with that. I haven't played Brawl yet, so I wouldn't make an ideal partner there. But I can hold my own in Melee well enough. And if you can't find a partner for Brawl, hell, I'm better than nothing.

Do we need to register as a team or anything? :dizzy:

love,
nathan.

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
im trying to get wednesday off work so i can pick slothie <3 up from the airport and attend dinner aswell. i can confirm that by tomoro the latest

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
I gave him your MSN, and apparently he arrives on Wednesday sometime as well. It might work out. In any case you should join us for dinner and meet up with him in the city where we're eating I reckon

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
RAMBO PAYMENT CONFIRMED LIST:

- CAOTIC
- Myst Walker
- Loki
- Zan3tsuken
- Strider
- Forte
- Mikul
- Devil
- X
- Dekar
- Cobalt
- Ice K
- Bryan
- Nay
- Jei
- Geitz
- Tak
- Atticus
- Redact
- Ugly is the New Black
- Joemo
- Erick
- Blazey
- Emily
- Nick Caine
- Ugly Man
- Vermiis
- Syrick
- Divine Crono
- Jared
- Mr. Phantasmo
- Ammeren
- Plasia
- Benji
- Nick Sniper
- eXc

PAYMENTS PENDING/WAITING TO CLEAR (AND CONFIRMED):
- Wulfis
- NCN18
- 2t
- SS Ben
- IGIF
- CATS
- Shaz
- Hybrid
- Bringer
- Sloth
- Kulla
- Berimbau
- Jaz
- Dedu
- Bjay
- Turtle
- Timmypoo/Daltsy
- Unreon
- Zax

So far 55 entrants confirmed, and more to come! Set to be a new record!

!!IMPORTANT MESSAGE TIME!!

ANYONE WHO STILL HASN'T PAYED YET AND WANTS TO ATTEND (THERE ARE MANY OF YOU) CAN DO SO THROUGH A BANK TRANSFER TO MY ACCOUNT. VISIT ANY ANZ BRANCH OR TRANSFER THROUGH ONLINE BANKING TO SEND THROUGH THE PAYMENT.

DETAILS:
Name - MR. DAVID CAO
BANK - ANZ
BSB - 013 011
ACCOUNT NO - 7615 67060

If you use this, please provide some indication you have sent the money so I can confirm with you it passed through.

This the recommended option - otherwise if you're in the city on Friday night we can meet up and settle it there (like at the Hostel everyone is staying at).

Much cute,
Woxy

IMPORTANT EQUIPMENT MESSAGE

SWISS RUNS VERY VERRRRY WELL WITH MAXIMUM RESOURCES. SO I AM ASKING EVERYONE TO BRING EVERYTHING THEY CAN TO ENSURE THIS EVENT RUNS WELL AND ON TIME. THIS INCLUDES:
- TV'S
- WIIS
- BRAWL DISCS (NTSC-J, NTSC-U/C)
- MELEE DISCS: JUST AS IMPORTANT AS BRAWL (PAL ONLY)
- POWERBOARDS AND EXTENSION CABLES (FOR ADDED INSURANCE)
- YOUR OWN CONTROLLER

EVEN IF YOU DONT USUALLY BOTHER TO PROVIDE THESE THINGS IN MELBOURNE'S MONTHLIES, PLEASE MAKE THE EXTRA EFFORT TO DO SO FOR RAMBO. THESE MAJORS ONLY RUN WELL WHEN THE WHOLE COMMUNITY LENDS A HELPING HAND.

EVEN MORE WUB,
WOXY.

ugly is the new black

Smash Rookie
I'm fairly certain I've got some spare powerboards around, and I can bring a PAL Gamecube and several controllers, but my Melee disk is from the US. I can still bring it if you'd like, along with my American Gamecube, but I didn't know if that version was tournament legal in Australia or not. Just give me a heads up so I know what exactly to bring.

love,
nathan.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Thanks for clearing that up, I made appropriate edits in my bleeding red post :grin:

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Parking Instructions

Posted originally by Zan (CW Boards):

"People bringing equipment and driving, drive to the university entrance on gratten street, I'm fairly sure it's $5 for the whole day. You'll be parking in an underground car park, not too far a walk away from Arts Building.

I'll be there from 8am onwards. It's preferable that you arrive before 10 so we can get going off the ground swiftly. Let the rego guys know you are bringing equipment for games."

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Minifest officially starts at 10am, but I want everyone to arrive earlier so we don't fall behind schedule.

Therefore Rambo starts at 9am. Anyone who arrives too late to be included in the Swiss system will lose out.

Tim_Dalton

Smash Cadet
daltsy from canada here. i arrived in melbourne a few days agooo. looking forward to seeing all your sweetasses at dinner on wednesday. if you cant make that, then thursday or friday or saturday at any of the organized outings etc etc. if your too sheltered to come out, then itll be cool to meet you at rambo.<3

love,
daltsy

Top Bottom