• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rain - Columbus, Ohio. All Smash Related Games - February 23rd, 2013 - Columbus, Ohio

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Spamming dair will not defeat the Ice Climbers, they have steady anti-air options for poorly timed/spaced aerials.

:phone:

SoulPech

Smash Master
Correct me if Im wrong KB, but with ICs you essentially float in the air, space with turnips and aerials (nair and bair mostly), and take advantage of her virtually no-lag moveset. Obviously it can be baited, but that's essentially the MU.

steep

Smash Lord
You guys should do MK/Weegee, just saying @Steep/xero
If Xero and I were to team, we would totally go double Mario. Just to show people how OP he is and that they need to ban him. You don't know about that up b to cape momentum enhancement. Actually, I don't even know if that works but it would be a SICK way to kill someone.

KassandraNova

Smash Master
3DS FC
4167-5079-1850
Correct me if Im wrong KB, but with ICs you essentially float in the air, space with turnips and aerials (nair and bair mostly), and take advantage of her virtually no-lag moveset. Obviously it can be baited, but that's essentially the MU.

I didn't know you played Peach.

Roller

Smash Legend
Man for my first Tourney I had the unfortunate pleasure of dealing with Rollers :popo: last month, maybe i should learn :peach: and spam dair? idk
hahhaha, it's a tough mu to learn with any character.

But I guess it's especially difficult when the :popo: in question goes to school with one of the best players of your character (and lives ~10 minutes from the former best :popo: as well for that matter. XD)

TheKiest

Smash Champion
Sadly, the best way to really learn the IC matchup is to...

A) Play someone who can chain grab your character as ICs.
B) Learn ICs and learn how to chain grab your character while playing someone who plays your character.

I'm not great at this matchup, but its about reading the opponent in when he decides to de-sync the ICs. That split second is enough time to separate the two, which is the ultimate goal.
However, good/great ICs know you are trying to do these things and try to compensate.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Lol I don't know how much I would actually be able to train you at the matchup since I don't play a lick of Ice Climbers Carls, but what I can do is send you a checklist of what I generally like to do in the matchup besides the overall gameplan Pech so kindly pointed out. All in all though, Peach is definitely one of the safer choices against even the most seasoned of ICs players so it's certainly something worth learning if you're having trouble with the matchup. I feel even MK himself has to overcommit at times because of his lack of a projectile.

Carls493

Smash Ace
NNID
Carls493
3DS FC
5000-2571-4495
hahhaha, it's a tough mu to learn with any character.

But I guess it's especially difficult when the :popo: in question goes to school with one of the best players of your character (and lives ~10 minutes from the former best :popo: as well for that matter. XD)
Holy ****...

Carls493

Smash Ace
NNID
Carls493
3DS FC
5000-2571-4495
Well, from what I've experienced with Mars' Diddy last night at Donatos, Eddie, I can imagine that floating above the ICs will likely force them to uair, nair, bair, or even fair, depending on the spacing.

I can also bone walk well.

Carls493

Smash Ace
NNID
Carls493
3DS FC
5000-2571-4495
What's bone walk?

You use the momentum of Peach's dash to pluck a turnip off the edge. RIGHT after she picks it up, she falls off & you can act from there.

It's a slightly faster way to use turnips between picking them up & being able to throw them. They're apparently really good against Diddy's Up B.

mars16

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5429-8906-2115
Lols that's what that was! Good name for lol.

Ill try that out when I get the chance.

Master WGS

Smash Lord
How likely is it that Project M is at this? I currently have plans this weekend and probably won't be able to make this, but if something happens I'd be down to come to this if PM's around. It looked like it had a decent turnout last time...

Carls493

Smash Ace
NNID
Carls493
3DS FC
5000-2571-4495
Will there be P:M Doubles this time?

If so, I'll need a partner. I'll have Pech as one for Brawl, but I don't know if he's going into any P:M tourneys yet.

SoulPech

Smash Master
Just a reminder: We REALLY need setups for this event. Anything helps! If you bring a tv or wii, you can get part of your venue waived...if you bring both, your venue will be fully waived! For those traveling, if it's possible to bring something, please bring it. We greatly appreciate it ^^

Ralph Cecil

Smash Champion
NNID
RalphCecil
3DS FC
4098-4850-8033
If I can make it I can bring a full setup again and a power strip or 2 if needed. Also my set up can be used for P:M and Melee(If I can find the disc D: ) too if needed.

Carls493

Smash Ace
NNID
Carls493
3DS FC
5000-2571-4495
At this point I should be able to bring a setup of my own, since I managed to do that for last Wednesday.

I'll only be able to bring a Wii, though, and for tourney use I will want it to be exclusively for Brawl for now.

However, at the very least, I could also use a hack to enable infinite replay time.

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
Welp I'm officially not going. **** is hitting the fan this month :(

ZLF Aurora

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0688-5734-1939
For the humiliating sake of my family that keeps me on a goddamned leash, I do have two small venue related questions.

1. Do they serve any form of alcohol on site?

2. Will there be foot traffic coming and going from the venue?

DBSammy

Smash Ace
For the humiliating sake of my family that keeps me on a goddamned leash, I do have two small venue related questions.

1. Do they serve any form of alcohol on site?

2. Will there be foot traffic coming and going from the venue?
1. IIRC yes they do.

2. Do you mean only smashers going in and out, normal customers of Donato's that day or both?

Top Bottom