• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Raichu SHOULD be in SSBB!

SMB PORTAL

Smash Ace
Pika, Pichu, and Richu? We know that they won't get rid of Pichu, as much as some of want to. Plainly we don't need another form of Pikachu. Pichu was enough of a clone, but I don't get why you want to add him when there are so many other Pokemon that would fit. Peronally, I like Raichu as a character, but in SSBB, it's not really great to put in another character that looks like Pika. I am not trying to bring Raichu down or anyrhing, please understand that. It's just the idea.

-SMB

ilabb

Smash Apprentice
There are better Pokemon than Raichu >.>

If we want bad***, there's Scizor... but that won't happen...

SensFan

Smash Cadet
SMB PORTAL said:
We know that they won't get rid of Pichu
How do we know that?

Personally, the only way I see Raichu (a no-name Pokemon compared to other candidates) getting in is if Pichu is taken out. I'd also be very surprised if he got in and Meowth didn't.

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
Are we just going to make topics for every single pokemon now? This idea is bad. He belongs in the game just as much as cloyster.

SMB PORTAL

Smash Ace
SensFan said:
How do we know that?

Personally, the only way I see Raichu (a no-name Pokemon compared to other candidates) getting in is if Pichu is taken out. I'd also be very surprised if he got in and Meowth didn't.
I am saying that it isn't likely. They didn't get rid of any characters from SSB64 to SSBM. So, it is ver unlikely, but you are right, we don't know.

-SMB

Zodiak-Lucien

Smash Lord
eh we dont need any clones, and you want basically a more powerful pikach. Why dont they just move pikachu up a tier and make raichu an alternate costume.

primusfan

Smash Ace
swift assailant said:
but raichu would have different stats, so it would be like a top tier pikachu, unless nintendo gives raichu new and better moves.
Not just clones, no more pokemon in the game. They're powerful and stuff but that fad has almost completely died out. Plus pokemon are stupid.

primusfan

Smash Ace
No more clones.The ones we have now are fine. No more pokemon in the game. They're powerful and stuff but that fad has almost completely died out. Plus pokemon are stupid.
If they're gonna put pokemon in the game, just keep the ones we have now. No more new pokemon.

Ignore the post above this ^

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
Crownjo said:
haveing Pichu in SSBM was a terrible idea as well. They should swap Pichu with Raichu
How about no? And primus fan... pokemon is not a fad anymore, that's true. I dont think something that is still popular after ten years should be called a fad. Pokemon is here to stay.
Edit: By no, I meant kill pichu.

JmcShocker16

Smash Apprentice
commonyoshi said:
How about no? And primus fan... pokemon is not a fad anymore, that's true. I dont think something that is still popular after ten years should be called a fad. Pokemon is here to stay.
no baby no. pokemon is played out. every episode of pokemon is the same. so just shove a tit in it

SensFan

Smash Cadet
SMB PORTAL said:
I am saying that it isn't likely. They didn't get rid of any characters from SSB64 to SSBM. So, it is ver unlikely, but you are right, we don't know.

-SMB
Well, there was nobody in SSB64 that we would logically get rid of, now was there? Samus? Jigglypuff? They all deserved a spot in SSBM. With Melee diluting the pool a little, I can see them eliminating some old faces to make room for new ones. Just a theory.

JmcShocker16

Smash Apprentice
commonyoshi said:
I'm not talking about the shows. I'm talking about the games.

thats not much of a defense cuz the games are the same to LOL played yourself lol :laugh: go some where honey child

BentoBox

Smash Master
That was in reply to the thread's starter. I won't bother reading 4 pages about people lauding the addition of another clone.

JmcShocker16

Smash Apprentice
BentoBox said:
That was in reply to the thread's starter. I won't bother reading 4 pages about people lauding the addition of another clone.

have some tea. have some tea plase. raichu should not be in this game

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Shocker, stop being so argumentative that you argue with people who AGREE with you.

You're about to be banned again.

JmcShocker16

Smash Apprentice
Well if they did add raichu it could be stronger than pikachu but slower? i would rather have raichu in instead of pichu. Mcfox i'll see you at the tournament. Also i wasent arguing with anybody. i told him to have some tea because i agree with him. so get it right

Grmo

Smash Champion
Plymouth Rock, eating Thanksgiving dinner
You're spamming too much. Seriously, go outside or something. There's no way you should have 158 posts if you only joined this month.

Edit: OH GOD! YOU JOINED ON FRIDAY! 83 POSTS PER DAY AND YOUVE ALREADY GOTTEN 5 WARNINGS...seriously; stop or you're gonna get banned or something.

defsithe

Smash Ace
sure raichu rock but i think we need to see some new blood from the pokemon series. like blaziken who would be perect in a fighting game. and sceptile maybe but definitly blaziken

fluffy

Smash Champion
Grmo said:
You're spamming too much. Seriously, go outside or something. There's no way you should have 158 posts if you only joined this month.

Edit: OH GOD! YOU JOINED ON FRIDAY! 83 POSTS PER DAY AND YOUVE ALREADY GOTTEN 5 WARNINGS...seriously; stop or you're gonna get banned or something.
actually..i got 4 warnings yesterday for posting a thread "y boswer was like the mascott of smashboards".

lifes not fair...=( they called me communist

JmcShocker16

Smash Apprentice
Grmo said:

this is off topic so stop. we're here to talk about raichu.

sure raichu rock but i think we need to see some new blood from the pokemon series. like blaziken who would be perect in a fighting game. and sceptile maybe but definitly blaziken

Yes i agree. blaziken would be really good in this

SMB PORTAL

Smash Ace
defsithe said:
Personally, I CANNOT imagine Blazkin or skeptile in SSBB.

Whatever the reason I seem to be steering towards no new Pokemon.
No offense.

-SMB

Devastlian

Smash Lord
JmcShocker16 said:
this is off topic so stop. we're here to talk about raichu.

Yes i agree. blaziken would be really good in this
Did you just agree with yourself?

Anyway...I'd want Blaziken if only to hear the announcer say, "BASHAMU!!!" But...I don't really see the point of Blaziken or Raichu making it, they don't really define anything in the series...Like Munchlax being the forerunner of Diamond and Pearl or Lucario being the star of the movie and probably some pivotal Pokemon...

Judo_Jigglypuff

Smash Cadet
if rai is in pika and pi should be dropped. Just my opinion but theres enough yella rats. Maybe if they swapped one for another pokemon. and in reference to a previous post in this thread
no jigs doesnt use her marker.... but she should!!! maybe as her super attack, or as a auto double from sing.

swift assailant

Smash Cadet
Devastlian said:
Did you just agree with yourself?

Anyway...I'd want Blaziken if only to hear the announcer say, "BASHAMU!!!" But...I don't really see the point of Blaziken or Raichu making it, they don't really define anything in the series...Like Munchlax being the forerunner of Diamond and Pearl or Lucario being the star of the movie and probably some pivotal Pokemon...

If raichu is considered a randomn pokemon, then pichu is just as randomn as raichu, and pichu made it to melee.

fluffy

Smash Champion
pichu was the weaker version of pikachu.

if raichu was made, in theory...pikachu would be the weaker version of raichu.

now thats just gay. whats the use of using either lower beings?

kirby_fox

Smash Apprentice
sorry to say but I would have agreed with you before pichu made it to SSBM, but there's no need for TWO clones of the SAME character. No character is going to be dismissed (I know someone who uses Pichu) or replaced. Raichu WOULD have been great instead of pichu...but we got stuck with the baby since it was from gold/silver.

In other words, as I've said in other posts, either bet on one from ruby/sapphire and one from diamond/pearl or two from the Red/Blue or a mix of them.

And I hope no clones of the current ones. No Igglybuff/Wigglytuff or Deoxys clones...please God - don't make that come true.

Master WGS

Smash Lord
I sincerely doubt Raichu will make it to SSBB. He's not well-known enough, and I just doubt him making it in. Pichu made Melee just because he's a cuter version of Pika, and everyone was all "Awww... Look at the cutie-pie! OMG, let's play as him cuz he's new!!1".

I honestly think Raichu, along with most other new Pokemon, will make it into this game. They've got plenty already, and I think Nintendo realizes that.

swift assailant

Smash Cadet
kirby_fox said:
sorry to say but I would have agreed with you before pichu made it to SSBM, but there's no need for TWO clones of the SAME character. No character is going to be dismissed (I know someone who uses Pichu) or replaced. Raichu WOULD have been great instead of pichu...but we got stuck with the baby since it was from gold/silver.

In other words, as I've said in other posts, either bet on one from ruby/sapphire and one from diamond/pearl or two from the Red/Blue or a mix of them.

And I hope no clones of the current ones. No Igglybuff/Wigglytuff or Deoxys clones...please God - don't make that come true.
raichu doesnt have to be a clone.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Raichu is a stupid idea for being in Brawl. Give me any reason we should have yet another electric mouse Pokemon, when there are like 14 other elements that aren't represented.

Black/Light

Smash Master
I think that the only way they should have Raichu in is if they drop Pichu. Im all for Rai if hes not a clone.(Which they could easyly give him his own moves...rai should be able to do attacks that Pika cant AND he should be faster then pika...their stats go UP as they change. But they could blance it out with haveing Pika have better jumps or something...)

But before any other pokemon I want Blazikin and Lucario in, they are fire/fighting and steel/fighting pokemon that would be great top teir characters (And they need to upgrade mewtwo...why on earth does he suck so much??!?! Why is he so slow?!?!?)

Top Bottom