• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Raichu SHOULD be in SSBB!

Angry Sun

Smash Apprentice
Why?

Pikachu is the de facto hero.

Why would they replace him with his less powerful evolution?

(Yeah I said it. Ash's Pikachu is way more powerful than any wild Raichu.)

Stryks

Smash Hero
Exactly, if pikachu werent the mascot hed be nowhere NEAR smash, yet he is and we cant cahnge it, raichu, like pichu, is too generic and raichu is just not popular, pichu was so he was in as a filler, raichu is a lame old never-been-popular pkmn that wont even appear in aa pokeball...

Angry Sun

Smash Apprentice
Exactly, if pikachu werent the mascot hed be nowhere NEAR smash, yet he is and we cant cahnge it, raichu, like pichu, is too generic and raichu is just not popular, pichu was so he was in as a filler, raichu is a lame old never-been-popular pkmn that wont even appear in aa pokeball...
Now I wouldn't say that.

Raichu could appear in a Pokeball.

petre

Smash Lord
closest to Sterling Heights, MI on your wii foreca
well i dont think pichu was a star either, but he somehow got in...

but raichu's chances are seriously low of getting in. i mean really low. i mean maybe if they include 40 pokemon in brawl he'll be in.

i still remember watching that episode of pokemon though where ash fights lt. surge...that was one of my favorite episodes...raichu is awesome.

Angry Sun

Smash Apprentice
well i dont think pichu was a star either, but he somehow got in...

but raichu's chances are seriously low of getting in. i mean really low. i mean maybe if they include 40 pokemon in brawl he'll be in.

i still remember watching that episode of pokemon though where ash fights lt. surge...that was one of my favorite episodes...raichu is awesome.
Pichu was only a filler character because they wanted to round the number out.

Pichu I'm guessing won't be back.
And will be replaced by Lopunny.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Do we really need another Pikachu clone? You'd think they'd learn after the first one.

Kereokacola

Disco Romance
BRoomer
No more Pokemon! We might as well call this Pokemon Stadium if we keep adding more Pokemon. I don't mind the inclusion of maybe one more Pokemon character, but you should know that it will be a popular by demand character, not some off the wall Pokemon.

Odds are Pichu will be removed. Wasn't it said somewhere that costumes will be included in Brawl? If so, I think the solution to this problem is giving Pikachu two outfits: Pichu and Raichu.

Paranoid_Android

Smash Lord
Raichu is one of the most bad@$$ pokemon ever, it should be in brawl. Raichu is pikachu's evolved form, so if pichu, pikachu's pre-evolved form made it to melee, Raichu should be able to make it to brawl. Nintendo should make up for what they did with pichu, I mean pichu sucked... a lot. Adding Raichu to the 3rd SSB game will make up for that error.
Oh boy: Another electric rat with exactly the same moveset as pikachu. No. Raichu isn't even popular, new, or "classic."

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Do we really need another Pikachu clone? You'd think they'd learn after the first one.
My thoughts exactly, I mean after they screwed up with Pichu, we will definetly not see another clone, unless of course they gave him a different moveset, but even so he would suck and also isn't worthy and deserving to be in brawl because there are more deserving pokemon that could take his spot like Deoxsys or Lucario.

Fawriel

Smash Master
Raichu wouldn't even be worthy of TWO taunts! D=

That's why I believe they will axe Pichu for Lopunny.
(And Jiggs for Gardevoir but that's not the topic)
Are you Sakurai? Please say you are Sakurai. Are you Sakurai? Please?

kill_shot

Smash Journeyman
actually..
Raichu is faster and stronger than pikachu.
But pikachu with light ball has almost the BEST atk and sp atk.

second...raichu can learn a lot more moves including brick break a fighting move.

owned:laugh:

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
actually..
Raichu is faster and stronger than pikachu.
But pikachu with light ball has almost the BEST atk and sp atk.

second...raichu can learn a lot more moves including brick break a fighting move.

owned:laugh:
But in the show Raichu was slower than Pikachu and Pikachu was able to own him that way!

Hehe...

But even with the fact Raichu is stronger.. that doesn't mean hes more popular and should be in the game... Wigglytuff anyone? No? Thought so.

Kentalish

Smash Lord
im a hudge pokemon freak... Raichu is slower then pikachu... watch first season one the electric gym... theres alot of different moves... raichu has body slam and focus punch (maga punch) pikachu still hhas thunder shock not thunder bold down b is thunder in melee... lots of stuff can bedone

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Oh my gosh... *face palm*

ANOTHER electric rat? Please!

Pikachu should be the only electric rat in the game.

zomgpwned

Smash Rookie
Raichu would be a Pikachu clone...

People do we want anymore clones?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

You hear it. :)
THANK YOU!!! the only 'clones' should be the old ones from SSBM, no new clones in SSBB plz =)

except for Pichu...only thing i liek aboot pichu is his hat i get from sucking in pichu w/ kirby .o.o

Pluvia's other account

Smash Master
We don't need another electric rat, but it wouldn't bother me if he was in it.

And he wouldn't be a Pikachu clone. His tail is longer so it would be like Mewtwo's. He could have different electrical attacks like Thunder Punch and Discharge.

Chibirobo

Smash Ace
NO. Just no. First of all, we don't need another 'Chu pokemon! Even though he probably wouldn't be a clone,Pikachu is enough!(Pichu be d a m n ed!) Second,with Pikachu and Jigglypuff running around,you don't need another first-gen pokemon.(Jiggs will almost definitely making it in,so don't start).

Nergal

Smash Journeyman
Raichu is a horrible addition, & not that fantasic of a pokemon. Besides, 3rd & 4th gen are needed.

Vali

Smash Ace
Raichu should either replace Pikachu, since he's much better, or GTFO. I think the latter is most likely going to happen.

Nergal

Smash Journeyman
Raichu's best chance is as an AT or alternate costume, but it won't make it as a separate character.

Dotcom

Smash Lord
Yeah, raichu would be good if they swapped him for pichu. They could make him like pika, but with stronger and slower moves.

God is hoping you weren't serious. What does Raichu have in the pokemon franchise other than being the evolved form of Pikachu.

Smash with no Pikachu is like Jello with no Gelatin.

anyway i want to ask you this question if i may.
Do you really from the bottom of your hear think Raichu will be in Brawl?
Take your time if you want iv'e got some time.

MikeKirby

OTL Winrar
I love Raichu, but if anything, he should be an alternate costume for Pikachu
If your going to take the time and memory out of the disc to make a Raichu sprite and animation to do a Pikachu costume then why not just make him his own character? Though, I wish Pikachu had better costumes to chose from than just hats. I liked Pichu's costumes though.

Raichu should either replace Pikachu, since he's much better, or GTFO. I think the latter is most likely going to happen.
Heh-heh, I dont know about that. Pikachu is already confirmed in Brawl and he is one of the veterans in the game. Also, being a mascot for the pokemon franchise (whether you like ir or not) I dont think he will be going away from the Smash scene

We already had Pikachu AND Pichu. Do we really need another fat electric rat that only says it's name?
Do we? It doesn't matter. Is that a legitimate reason why he shouldn't be in? What, it annoys you? There is a lot of things that annoy in Smash. I like to spam my own Kirby taunt, who others find annoying. It's funny.

----------​

As far as my stand on Raichu in Brawl. I guess it would be cool. Though, I would find it a replacement for Pichu (but no clone!). There is enough variety if of attacks in the pokemon world. Raichu is better than Pikachu (even though Pikachu is one of my mains). Don't bring up the show as proof ("Lt. Surge's Raichu lost to Ash's Pikachu!"). If you do use that as an excuse that he is stronger then why dont you bring your Pikachu against my Raichu and we shall see who wins. The show is pretty much rigged.

I am not hardcore for Raichu in Brawl but eh, its all good.

Nergal

Smash Journeyman
God is hoping you weren't serious. What does Raichu have in the pokemon franchise other than being the evolved form of Pikachu.

Smash with no Pikachu is like Jello with no Gelatin.

anyway i want to ask you this question if i may.
Do you really from the bottom of your hear think Raichu will be in Brawl?
Take your time if you want iv'e got some time.
Agreed. Raichu isn't even that much of a standout in Pokemon (when's the last time you've seen someone battling with Raichu?). Honestly, even Electivire has a better chance of getting in.

Nergal

Smash Journeyman
Simply put Raichu is crappy & brings absolutely nothing to the table. NEXT!

metroidmania

Smash Cadet
I think Raichu could fit in if it is Pichu's replacement. Unless they can do what they did with Dr. Mario, Mario, and Luigi, having Luigi a bit similar but extremely different. (Pichu and Pikachu, with Raichu the odd one.)

But with all the Pokemon that they can put in, I don't know if Raichu will make the cut.

Nergal

Smash Journeyman
I think Raichu could fit in if it is Pichu's replacement. Unless they can do what they did with Dr. Mario, Mario, and Luigi, having Luigi a bit similar but extremely different. (Pichu and Pikachu, with Raichu the odd one.)

But with all the Pokemon that they can put in, I don't know if Raichu will make the cut.
I know I'm coming off as mean, so sorry. However, Pikachu is here to stay. To say otherwise is rather dumb. And like you said, too many others are more deserving of a spot.

Top Bottom