• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Raichu SHOULD be in SSBB!

~Onslaught~

Smash Cadet
the only way i see raichu as an effective character was to have pikachu evolve into raichu as a FS but that ainte gonna happen

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Melee's Pikachu should evolve for Brawl now that Pichu has...

Jiggs should as well...

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
Raichu would be awesome in Brawl. (If they dont mess him up like they did with pichu)
They "messed up" every Pokemon in the game except Jigglypuff.

Pikachu, Pichu, and Mewtwo were given the lesser hand in Melee.
At least so far after playing the demo, Gimpyfish has found a number good things about the new Pikachu.
Hopefully if Raichu is in, he'll at least match up to Pikachu's new buffs.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
It's possible to make Raichu unique, but I'd rather have more unique Pokemon choices. (as in no more electric rodents, bring in other elements that are underrepresented.)

Devastlian

Smash Lord
Not with Pokemon, after the Pichu fiasco I doubt they'll take chances, specially when there's 492 other pokemon to choose from.
It still applies even with near identical Pokemon. They could take the chance if they think they can do it right this time. And they've already confirmed/deconfirmed more than one Pokemon. ;D

Fawriel

Smash Master
It's very possible to put Raichu in the game with an original moveset.

It is however impossible to give him any sort of appeal.

Gerudo Warrior

Smash Master
pikachu for the win. man when i played poket monsters i would never give my pika a thunder stone.

I don't think Raichu has any chance. we have pichu there is no point for the trifecta.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
If Raichu were on it, man...he'd so open the can on just about anybody that would be unfortunate enough to step in his path! Too bad he wasn't added on Melee atleast as a pokeball. That would have increased his chances big time.

They're now slim to none now that the fourth generation is out & about. *gloomy*

Shade

Zorya

Smash Ace
Say NO to Raichu!!

Seriously though, he'd be a fake cloned Pikachu. No clones this time, right guys?

Formula1

Smash Apprentice
It would be cool
But.....................................
Along the lines of what many others have said,
There are so many better pokemon out there,
Also: THere still isn't a confirmed fighting pokemon in this game

AND THIS IS A FIGHTING GAME AFTER ALL

That is all

*Cries*

SJAK47

Smash Journeyman
No thanks. The thought is appreciated, but I think putting Raichu in is a little too much.

Stado

Smash Apprentice
While Raichu was my favourite pokémon as a kid, and likely still is, he doesn't stand a ghost of a chance of making it into Brawl's roster.

In fact, I actually very much hate(d) pikachu, so I always made sure to give that sucker a thunder stone (I think that's what they're called?) post haste. Plus, for every time I restarted and played through either Pokémon Blue or Red (who didn't have both?), I always made sure to have a raichu with a full repertoire of fighting-type moves by the name of "Cheeks" on my final roster. Good times, good times...

Dgro

Smash Cadet
I'd love to play as Raichu, seeing as how I'm a big Pikachu fanboy.

Pichu, on the other hand, can go straight to hell! ^__^

T-major

Smash Champion
Raichu is one of the most bad@$$ pokemon ever
Golduck is WAY more bad@$$ than Raichu... In my opinion, Raichu isn't that bad@$$ to begin with...

it should be in brawl.
why? because you think it's cool? thats not a good reason. Pokemon are chosen by importance and popularity.

Pikachu is the most popular and well known Pokemon, which is why he got in.

Jigglypuff was the second most popular Pokemon at the time of SSB64, thats why she got in.

Mewtwo is the original legendary Pokemon, the one that EVERYBODY wanted to have; he was also the Pokemon with the highest stats (meaning he was the strongest) until Arceus came around. thats why he got in.

Pokemon Trainer is the character you play as during the games. the true main character. he also uses the three original starter Pokemon, which are very important and popular. thats why he got in.

what does Raichu have that would warrant his inclusion? a cool tail?... nothing. not only would he be a clone of Pikachu, but other Pokemon outrank him in terms of popularity and importance.

Nintendo should make up for what they did with pichu, I mean pichu sucked... a lot. Adding Raichu to the 3rd SSB game will make up for that error.
so you just assume that Raichu would be a good character? thats ridiculous... I assumed Mewtwo would have been the best character in the game... look how that turned out...

Raichu is one of the most bad@$$ pokemon ever, it should be in brawl. Raichu is pikachu's evolved form, so if pichu, pikachu's pre-evolved form made it to melee, Raichu should be able to make it to brawl. Nintendo should make up for what they did with pichu, I mean pichu sucked... a lot. Adding Raichu to the 3rd SSB game will make up for that error.
No no, you see, Pichu was in Melee, but he shouldn't have been. That does not give Raichu an excuse to be in Brawl. Not at all. Bad idea.

Top Bottom