• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Raichu SHOULD be in SSBB!

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
DokturSea said:
Oh yeah. In SSB64, Pokemon was represented by two characters out of twelve! Geez, you'd think they'd try and hold back a little! And in Melee, gah! A whooping FOUR out of TWENTY SIX. It's like they want to take over or something!

*rolls eyes*
Your exaggerating because you never SEE the 2/4 out of 12/26 in games because none of them are above mid tier. In fact, only 2 of them aren't on the bottom of the list!
Now, if Mewtwo and Pikachu were up there, doesn't even have to be top tier, could be high with Samus and Peach, THEN you'd start complaining about them. They would be so frequent.

Why the Hell would we want Raichu? The ONLY way he should be in or Pichu should even stay is that it is last day before packaging and they wanted to add another number on the roster list. So, they tossed him in absent-mindedly. There are HUNDREDS of more pokemon in comparison to EVERY OTHER franchise. Mario is going to run low soon; Falcon only has a limited amount; StarFox still has a few left to give; and Zelda is running low too.

Of course, except Fire Emblem. If they have the same amount of characters in general for all FE games as they did in the American ones, then they'd be close to the Pokemon count. FE FTW!

Krytha

Smash Journeyman
Oh. my. god.

Are people crazy? Has everyone gone nuts? They should cut everyone except Pikachu. No one cares if Raichu is stronger than Pikachu. No one wants another (LAME) Pika clone. Also, asking for brokenness = ???????

DokturSea

Smash Lord
Kabyk-Greenmyst said:
Your exaggerating because you never SEE the 2/4 out of 12/26 in games because none of them are above mid tier. In fact, only 2 of them aren't on the bottom of the list!
Now, if Mewtwo and Pikachu were up there, doesn't even have to be top tier, could be high with Samus and Peach, THEN you'd start complaining about them. They would be so frequent.!
O_o Congradulations. That made no sense. I was being sarcastic because the guy before me was acting like the Pokemon characters were "taking over the game", when they really weren't.

Da Man

Smash Lord
NNID
Tendoman77
Its about time I say this but: I'm getting tired of you people using the word "clone". Raichu is NOT a pikachu clone, he EVOLOVES from pikachu, so why call them clones. (Yes I do know they have the same moves but what other reasons do you call them clones)

Master Puppet

Smash Cadet
Snow_Storm said:
Make it simple, do not make Raichu and Pikachu as clones. Are you that DEE-DEE-DEE?!(Carlos Mencina gag.)

Oh, to anyone who wants to bash anyone ideas, please read this- Read So You Can Learn How to Stop Bashing Others Ideas!
Alright, I'm going to respond in two ways.

One, it would be nearly impossible, and very impractical, to give Raichu his own moveset. He should be a slower, stronger clone of Pikachu.

Two, sometimes it seems like I'm the only person on these forums who mainly supports clones. Pikachu himself is a very fast character. A slower version of him would drastically change your playstyle. Therefore, he would be played differently from Pikachu, and the moveset would not matter.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Mic_Fox said:
For those wanting Raichu, can someone give me a good reason why he should? (Not counting "Because pikachu/pichu is in/being taken out)

Anyone ?

DokturSea

Smash Lord
In the name of all things good and holy, stop saying Pichu's Skull Bash is an "instant KO". It's not. It's just very powerful that will USUALLY KO if the foe has high damage. Only Jigglypuff and I think Luigi have "instant KO" moves.

Grmo

Smash Champion
Plymouth Rock, eating Thanksgiving dinner
DokturSea said:
In the name of all things good and holy, stop saying Pichu's Skull Bash is an "instant KO". It's not. It's just very powerful that will USUALLY KO if the foe has high damage. Only Jigglypuff and I think Luigi have "instant KO" moves.
I don't even think Luigi's is worth doing most of the time. Although it would make a pretty unique playing style.

PS. Fox also has an instant KO move. ;)

TDub301

Smash Journeyman
The only character with an instant KO move is Roy's charge B fully charged. The rest of them you can go ahead and hit someone with their "ko" move and notice that they don't get ko'd until you've hit them like 6 times with it at least without them attempting to get back to the stage. That being said, Raichu is considered a clone because he'd be practically the same as Pikachu who is the original version in SSB. Pikachu came first, that's why Raichu would be his clone. And don't worry Master Puppet, I don't mind clones either. If they could put a lot of original characters in Brawl (more than the number of characters in Melee) and clone a bunch of them, I wouldn't complain. I thought it was a neat idea because even though they're clones, they play different and use different strategies and it was an easy way to quickly add characters so we don't have to wait a longer time for them to completely create original characters.

BIRDMAN22

Smash Journeyman
Raichu should not be in the game due to repetitiveness. The added pichu, who has the same moves, now you want Raichu. If pichu stays that would mean that there would be three characters with the same exact moveset but play somewhat differently, and that would be pointless and annoying. Maybe if the could give Rai a new moveset but they shouldn't because he is supposed to have the same moves as pikachu and pichu. Personally, I think they should add Charizard as a playable pokemon character. I would pick him just for GP. (He attacked his trainer repeatedly and never listened, I 'm a fan)

P.S. The only instant ko's are jigglypuff's rest attack(certain characters) and roy's fully charged B attack. Altough I'm not completely sure if the latter works on everyone.

Grizz Lee

Smash Apprentice
The less Pokemon, the better. "HE WOULD BE FASTER, AND STRONGER, AND BETTER ALL AROUND." Then why do you need Pikachu? Oh wait, because he was actually a significant part of the Cartoon, and the most well recognized Pokemon ever? Thanks.

Silpheed

Smash Journeyman
BIRDMAN22 said:
Raichu should not be in the game due to repetitiveness. The added pichu, who has the same moves, now you want Raichu. If pichu stays that would mean that there would be three characters with the same exact moveset but play somewhat differently, and that would be pointless and annoying. Maybe if the could give Rai a new moveset but they shouldn't because he is supposed to have the same moves as pikachu and pichu. Personally, I think they should add Charizard as a playable pokemon character. I would pick him just for GP. (He attacked his trainer repeatedly and never listened, I 'm a fan)

P.S. The only instant ko's are jigglypuff's rest attack(certain characters) and roy's fully charged B attack. Altough I'm not completely sure if the latter works on everyone.
Agreed. The roster should include Pikachu and Jigglypuff, and then 2 NEW PKMN (to represent the 3rd and 4th Gen Pokemon), but to include Raichu, a slightly bigger Pikachu? C'mon now. :psycho:

Better ideas guys.

falcosmassacre01

Smash Journeyman
Raichu would be a Pikachu clone...

People do we want anymore clones?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

You hear it. :)
acutally i think he would have different moves they can give him for side b mega punch if u really look inot raichu u could give him different attacks making him not be a pikachu clone.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
You are so right, Pichu and Raichu should be In SSB:B..... as costume changes for Pikachu (I'd always opt for the awesome looking Richu)

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
In what pariticular way? I mean, it's pretty clear in any pokemon game that raichu is better and Raichu's not in smash so you can't compare them...

... and, so I make my point.... Jolteon is clearly the coolest

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Neither Pichu nor Raichu should be in Smash. We need different Pokemon types represented, not more of the same freaking Pokemon. I don't understand people's moronic obsession with thinking that Pichu, Raichu, the Pichu Bros., Plusle & Minun, and now that squirrel thing should be added to Smash. We've got Pikachu. That's enough electric mammals.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Neither Pichu nor Raichu should be in Smash. We need different Pokemon types represented, not more of the same freaking Pokemon. I don't understand people's moronic obsession with thinking that Pichu, Raichu, the Pichu Bros., Plusle & Minun, and now that squirrel thing should be added to Smash. We've got Pikachu. That's enough electric mammals.
support them as costume changes of pika?

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
No.

And 05, there's an electric squirrel (name Pachirisu, now that I think of it) being added for Diamond and Pearl. People think he should be added too.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
um squirrel thing? what are you talking about....?
Pachirisu a new 4th gen pokemon

The only pokemons should be Pika, Jiggs, Mewtwo and Lucario no one from the 2nd or 3rd gen because not only do generations not need to be represented but there are no momarable 3rd or 2nd gen pokemon just boring ones.

tirkaro

Smash Champion
Pachirisu a new 4th gen pokemon

The only pokemons should be Pika, Jiggs, Mewtwo and Lucario no one from the 2nd or 3rd gen because not only do generations not need to be represented but there are no momarable 3rd or 2nd gen pokemon just boring ones.
*echem* deoxys also exists too >: (

FiErCe_oNi

Smash Lord
no way to ANOTHER electric rat. there are so many pokemon that could auctually be unique: dragons, chickens, foxs, beetles, aliens.
raichu isnt even nearly as popular as pichu and pikachu, and pichu isnt even popular and shouldnt be in ssb.

The_Corax_King

Smash Lord
they really need to stop with the electric rodents that attack with their cheeks... maybe thats a sign that pokemon needs to come to an end...they also need to stop giving EVERY pokemon a baby form. I can understand evolutions, but why make a crappier version of a pokemon??

http://www.ngcfrance.com/images/news/ds/pokemon_diamant_&_perle/pachirisu.jpg

theres pachirisu. I couldnt upload it here for some reason.

MikeKirby

OTL Winrar
hmmm... if anything I would've thought that Pikachu's Super Smash move would be to temporarily evolve into Raichu and then de-evolve when he finished executing it. Either that or do something like Zapdos did in Melee only stronger. Nintendo didn't show us Pikachu's Super Smash move, they only showed us Mario's, Link's and Kirby's. As far as to include Raichu as a single played character. I think not. Nice to think but no. I think it would be better to save that space for other highly wanted characters.

SmashYou6666

Banned via Administration
*kiss teeth* So much stupidity in this thread.

Who said that they are going to make clones again?

Why does SSBB needs elemental pokemon? seriously, like Nintendo thinks like this: "we need a fire type pokemon in Brawl!")

There's no good reason to add Raichu but, of all the LOGICAL pokemon to be added in brawl Raichu is one of them.

We have seen Pichu in Melee, Raichu could be the next plausible pokemon character to be added if they follow the "chu" family.

No, Nintendo doesn't care about " KeWl" pokemon's, they will most likely choose popular/obvious(Raichu in that case)/noticeable pokemon.

Nintendo doesn't care also about reprensenting a generation about pokemon, poke-fanboys does.

Feel free to counteract my arguments.

PS: alt. costumes are the stupidiest idea I've never heard about brawl.

Top Bottom