• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rahndaym topic (formally gay, then not gay, then re-gay rage)

Sirias

Smash Champion
Lolllllllllllll.

Now you just need a broken keyboard and you'll be experiencing all that I do. c:

Ewww...
You play competitive VIDEO GAMES?
That's not kool.
At all.
What are you, gay?

Atlasmist

Smash Journeyman
nix you knucklehead whos ya magic goin? WORLDWAKE AROUND THE CORNER GUYS check out "mrorangeguy" on youtube for some zendikar goodness

Nova

Banned via Warnings
Lolllllllllllll.

Now you just need a broken keyboard and you'll be experiencing all that I do. c:

Ewww...
You play competitive VIDEO GAMES?
That's not kool.
At all.
What are you, gay?
I spilled Sprite all over my last keyboard not long ago. It was okay for like an hour.

Then I went to type out a message, pressed one key and ended up with like "dhsfyusgfsyudgf", I had to post everything through the Internet channel.

I have also now changed my avatar so nobody ever questions if I'm gay again. P-p-p-poker face ftw.

Edit: Odd how something that bothered me for the last 12 or so years has gone away ever since this confrontation. Perhaps I needed it, I dunno.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
nix you knucklehead whos ya magic goin? WORLDWAKE AROUND THE CORNER GUYS check out "mrorangeguy" on youtube for some zendikar goodness
lolwat, what is this I dont even... I wonder how many people didnt check out that on youtube, all of them maybe?

Nova

Banned via Warnings
He doesn't have any senses I tellz ya! He's mutilated his brain with drugs (something he choose to do unfortunately). He literally has a court order to have some anti-schizophrenia injection every fortnight, he's still on the drugs, meh.

Nova

Banned via Warnings
So angry atm.

I hate my family.
I hate ******* that get themselves ******** with drugs then expect sympathy.
I hate moron mothers who then defend them and say they're innocent and that I'm being the bad one.

RAGE RAGE ****ING RAGE. I swear to honest god I'll just stay in Sydney when I leave tomorrow. I don't ****ing care if I'm admitted to a mental ward, I'll find a way to stay there.

I. HATE. MY. MOTHER. AND. HER. STUPID. DEFEND. THE. DRUGGO. SON. ATTITUDE.

URGH. *Flowers* or something that makes me sound less emo and angry atm.

If there was no law against it, I would seriously kill my brother at this point. The only option is to move. I am lazy, I need to change.

Pete278

Smash Lord
I hope this makes you feel better. Its what happens when mothers who always defend their children idiotically get whats coming to them:

<Anonymous> Now, I’m sure many of you have encountered little ****s in supermarkets. Little kids running about and knocking things over, being rude, walking all over their parents, you know the kind. But the worst are the biters. Yes, those little ****s that feel it is okay to bite you whenever they feel like it.
<Anonymous> Okay, here’s the best part. A biter got me today when I was grocery stopping. He broke the ****ing skin, too. This was when the gears started turning, the moment I saw a tiny sprickle of blood on the little ****’s teeth as he was grinning at me like the little **** he is. I made my eyes get wide, and started screaming “****! ****!.” Now, my good friend, Tom we’ll call him, was there too, and he instantly picked up on it. He started shouting “****! MAYBE HE DIDN’T GET IT! ****!.” By now, the kid is scared ****less and starts crying, and instantly, Mizz Mom appears out of nowhere and starts getting pissy at us for yelling at her kid.
<Anonymous> Here’s the kicker, I look her straight in the eye and say, “Mam, get your son tested as soon as possible, he just bit me and I’m… I’m ****ING HIV POSITIVE.”
<Anonymous> And now there is silence. Not a peep in the entire store. The brat knows he just ****ed up big time because his mom isn’t defending his ***. She just stares at me wide eyed. I walk away from them, buy my **** from the wide eyed cashier, all the while blood is dripping from my calf, making a nice little trail on the floor. And, just s we leave, we start to hear the mother sobbing. Sobbing like the **** she is.
<Anonymous> I have never felt any more satisfaction than the moment I heard that sob.

:D

Nova

Banned via Warnings
I do feel a lot better after reading that. ****ing brat. :D

I should note the son my "mother" is defending is 29 years old. UGH.

Alzi

Smash Master
Metanova if you come to perth. Come to my house and i will train you up to become a true warrior and let you hold your emotions and release your anger in diffrent ways.

List of people so far:
swordsaint Confirmed
Metanova Pending

****ashi

Smash Apprentice
2000 posts Alzi. :O

Your brother is your mother's own creation, she's gonna defend him no matter what. Doesn't matter what he does he's still her son.

Just ......... get......... out ........ of ......... there.

Move to Brisneyland. They have awesome weather, Kas, Hotdog, J-Birds and are near cyclones. There's heaps to keep you amused.

You care too much about weather to move to Melbourne. Four seasons in one day ftl

MTGod

Smash Champion
Uhh, I've never had a kid bite me before... but sounds like it was the right reaction??? I do laugh on aeroplanes though when there's a screaming baby in one of the cabins, and it's so noticeable that EVERYONE on the plane is pissed off, yet no one does anything about it and the parents go merrily on their way back to fairyland...

Noise cancelling headphones FTW :p

Sieg

Smash Champion
Rage at people with post counts over mine.

You guys spam waaaaaay more than me lol.

Ballistics

Smash Champion
yo ill cheer you up man by owning some kids with falco

Title: Quit Your Job and Play Some Smash!
Date: 1/30/2010
Host: Fluxx'd up Crew
Tournament Thread: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=261131
Livestream Link: http://www.livestream.com/ballistics
Estimated Time of Stream: 12 PM Eastern Standard Time Melee first
Entry Fee: $10 Singles / $10 + $10 = $20 Doubles
Players:
Melee:
Tallahassee: Ballistics, Green Mario, Toobz, Awal
Louisiana: HiIH and cronies
Panama City: Zone, TropicalTaco
Pensacola: Holy Chef, Ram
Gainesville: JSSN, KBM, SEXPUMA, Harriettheguy, Raistlin
Miami: Trikrom3
Brawl:
Tallahasee: JSSN, Somacruz, DBS, Awal, SexPuma
Jacksonville: GeoffMoney,
Pensacola: Benaji, Skaterbaj
Gainesville: JSSN, KBM
Stream Thread: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=249284

Nova

Banned via Warnings
2000 posts Alzi. :O

Your brother is your mother's own creation, she's gonna defend him no matter what. Doesn't matter what he does he's still her son.

Just ......... get......... out ........ of ......... there.

Move to Brisneyland. They have awesome weather, Kas, Hotdog, J-Birds and are near cyclones. There's heaps to keep you amused.

You care too much about weather to move to Melbourne. Four seasons in one day ftl
Sydney/Brisbane is my choice. I have a re-current viral infection though (no not aids you iditos), so getting work will be a hassle. I'll get this sorted. I'm taking your advice though Kaion, I'm getting out, right after giving my mother a true piece of my mind. And I know she'll defend him, but she never defends me, ever. Like, literally. I get this response out of her: "He chooses to do drugs, you choose to be gay, it's similar". I try and explain otherwise and she may as well just block her ears.

No. **** you. I didn't choose, though I'm done feeling ashamed of it.

Dedu

Smash Lord
there's a screaming baby in one of the cabins, and it's so noticeable that EVERYONE on the plane is pissed off, yet no one does anything about it
Sreaming babies can be a pain yeah but put em on a plane and it's inevitable they'll scream non stop. The reason why no one gets up and tells the parents to stick a gag in the bib's mouth is because babies have only one way of communicating - by screaming.

He chooses to do drugs, you choose to be gay, it's similar
MAn that's ****ed. I didn't choose to be gay either. But drugs? Yes I can choose to do drugs or not.

Your mother sounds like one of those religious nutter types who only listen to illogical reason that is either in her head or in the bible or from the priest at mass. She'll only listen to you if you break that idiocy barrier around her by getting rid of her mental obsession to defend him. Then she'll have nothing to fall back onto.

Ant1

Smash Ace
Lol wtf 'chooses' to be gay?!? How stupid is this person, thats something people used to believe like 10-20 years ago. I thought by now people knew it wasn't a choice.

MTGod

Smash Champion
Lol wtf 'chooses' to be gay?!? How stupid is this person, thats something people used to believe like 10-20 years ago. I thought by now people knew it wasn't a choice.
Epigenetics :p

Anyway, luckily enough this generation was brought up with such diverse information gathering methods (*cough*internet*uncough*) so we have been exposed to a lot more environments than our predecessors, and thus have much more freedom of thought, so to speak, making it easier for us to accept other people and lifestyles other than our own 'n stuff :p Y Gen is where it's at, yo'?

unreon

Smash Ace
I get this response out of her: "He chooses to do drugs, you choose to be gay, it's similar". I try and explain otherwise and she may as well just block her ears.
I hope this doesn't offend you, but I want to punch your mother in the mouth.

Meta, like the rest of the people who posted I add my own empathy for your situation. There's nothing more that I can really say. I don't know the rest of your situation, but I'm in the mind that you are honestly better off walking away from them. Pack up, move away, and never see them again. You can choose to invest in a family that is actually built around being sane and understanding.

Note I did not use the words tolerance or acceptance. I don't like these words because they imply that there is a problem one would have to overlook.

Here's a fun food for thought:
Think religious missionaries do good work in places like Africa? No. They might bring food, or clothes to help a family or two in a village to make themselves feel good. This lasts perhaps a month. Instead, their actual aim is to teach and preach VERY backwards social attitudes, which causes the country to spiral further down. Catholic missionaries are spreading the ABSOLUTE LIE that condom causes AIDS and the only way to stop it is through abstinence. Three Christian fundamentalists have convinced THE ENTIRE COUNTRY of Uganda to push for an anti-gay bill, which states that gays should be reported and killed on sight.

Epigenetics :p
Epigenetics doesn't mean it is a conscious choice :S

xXArrowXx

Smash Champion
well u can choose to go against genes.. but i guess u wont like that..
well u can choose to go against drugs.. but i guess his addicted body wont like that..

pretty sure they are different >.> but guess the mum just wants people to get along...
main thing is there is nothing wrong with being gay.

TakFR

Smash Lord
NNID
TakAE86
Unreon: It's not just religious organisations that are hypocritical about there actions and beliefs, take for example around 2 years ago I remember some American orginisations wanting for Muslims to wear a tag to signify there religious belief. The difference between this and what they fought against in WWII?

As i mentioned before the majority of people are selfish to thier own causes, regardless of the effects that are made on others.

MTGod

Smash Champion
Epigenetics doesn't mean it is a conscious choice :S
I know, I was trying to steer the discussion into a different direction where the main propellant would be curiousity and not anger... Seems like I failed :(

As i mentioned before the majority of people are selfish to thier own causes, regardless of the effects that are made on others.
This!!!

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
Here's a fun food for thought:
Think religious missionaries do good work in places like Africa? No. They might bring food, or clothes to help a family or two in a village to make themselves feel good. This lasts perhaps a month. Instead, their actual aim is to teach and preach VERY backwards social attitudes, which causes the country to spiral further down. Catholic missionaries are spreading the ABSOLUTE LIE that condom causes AIDS and the only way to stop it is through abstinence. Three Christian fundamentalists have convinced THE ENTIRE COUNTRY of Uganda to push for an anti-gay bill, which states that gays should be reported and killed on sight
some of them do you know, its just that the ones who do all the good work never get known for it, everyone graviates to the bad things, like what you've cited, but just because 3 dudes do something doesnt mean they are all like that.
hell killing gays on sight has no foundation in the bible at all (or at least that I am aware of) and is just dumb, and those people might call themselves christians but with that kind of attitude I dont think they are.

I dont really want to take a side here or start a fight, but creating stereotypes from the work of a few people is also a VERY backwards social attitude.

MTGod

Smash Champion
but creating stereotypes from the work of a few people is also a VERY backwards social attitude.
Programs like A Current Affair do this for you, though, and then force it through your head as "entertainment"... Television is the means for companies to brainwash you, people!!!

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
ahh so the tv determines how you think?
and considering the only tv I watch is spongebob...
could explain a few things...

MTGod

Smash Champion
ahh so the tv determines how you think?
Sarcasm (intended or not :p) noted...

EDIT: I'm not a psych major, so screw arguing my opinion :D

T.REX

Smash Apprentice
nova- im very sympathetic to your situation, you needa gtfo :)

as for the tv brainwashing dealy
not untrue

i really only watch south park >__>

Nova

Banned via Warnings
A Current Affair/Today Tonight = Rage.

I rage watching them.

EXPOSE! EXPOSE EXPOSE! MORAL HIGHGROUND! RUGH! All they ever advertise in their stupid advertisements. Seriously, anyone who watches that those stupid shows is about as useful as a bird without wings. I will ****ing lightning kick any of their reporters if they came near me. And then I would tie them to a tree and force them to play Master 3 for 10 hours. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH.

Ugh I'm going back to Adelaide today (yeah even after all this, my Turk/Leb family have been helpful though). Though some things have been sorted out. Like my younger brother knocking my older brother out cold; older brother is like a little taller than me (so not that tall), my younger brother is like massive and isn't related to him at all and I don't know what happened other than he smashed him out cold. My "mother" has decided the older should move out (which he clearly should since I'm hardly the only person he causes problems with).

I hate this "Blah Blah Blah" song I've been hearing. It's annoying.
Also my mobile phone died. Rage.

Edit: I also watched that "Big Bang Theory" for the first time in my life yesterday and Sheldon is clearly the only character on there that is even remotely amusing (and is way taller than me, you idiots). So, I no longer shall take offense to any "oh you look like him" remarks. No more. None. Myah.

unreon

Smash Ace
some of them do you know, its just that the ones who do all the good work never get known for it, everyone graviates to the bad things, like what you've cited, but just because 3 dudes do something doesnt mean they are all like that.
hell killing gays on sight has no foundation in the bible at all (or at least that I am aware of) and is just dumb, and those people might call themselves christians but with that kind of attitude I dont think they are.

I dont really want to take a side here or start a fight, but creating stereotypes from the work of a few people is also a VERY backwards social attitude.
Which would be a very rare case. Go talk to a missionary and ask what they'll be doing there. It will be giving out food and some blankets to some villages, sure. For about a month or two at most. Because they aim to spread their word - it might be on a small scale, it might be on a large. But the problems they cause far outweigh the packets of rice the poor people get once a visit.

You want to help the poor? Start by establishing a proper order of things and educate them up to speed. Give them the knowledge that the empowerment of women is a **** good thing, give them a crash course in critical thinking, kick-start the systems required for sustainable resources (esp. agriculture). Not a crate of clothes.

Proper humanitarian aid comes into effect from the top-down, not the bottom-up. Think of natural disasters like Haiti. The most frightening parts aren't the earthquakes or the tsunamis, it's what comes next - no clean water supply, lack of toilet facilities, congregations of people in camps promote the spread of disease, a system to rebuild proper shelter and food supply. The same is needed for other critical areas.

Oh, one last thing I forgot to mention. The stuff regarding condoms/HIV/AIDS is a stance commissioned by the dearest Pope. The most powerful Catholic person on the planet. It's disgusting. Imagine if the most powerful person in the White House were to say the same thing, would anyone think it's okay?

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
I pretty much quit Catholicism when the Benedict proclaimed homosexuality to a threat to modern-day humanity. Our generation is largely beyond his thinking. These days, I'm just a non-demonational loose Christian, but even that is trying.

Zero

Smash Hero
Edit: I also watched that "Big Bang Theory" for the first time in my life yesterday and Sheldon is clearly the only character on there that is even remotely amusing (and is way taller than me, you idiots). So, I no longer shall take offense to any "oh you look like him" remarks. No more. None. Myah.
Did you watch the episode on NBN last night?

HULK NEED REST

lol sheldon

Isorropia

Smash Apprentice
Which would be a very rare case. Go talk to a missionary and ask what they'll be doing there. It will be giving out food and some blankets to some villages, sure. For about a month or two at most. Because they aim to spread their word - it might be on a small scale, it might be on a large. But the problems they cause far outweigh the packets of rice the poor people get once a visit.

I'm sorry uneron, but I need to call you on this. Missionaries giving real aid is not 'a very rare case'. There are large numbers of people who, for no benefit of their own, take their entire families, even their children, to impoverished countries and live among the people they are helping. Building houses, teaching kids, all that sort of stuff. We are not talking a short time commitment here, some people are spending decades outside the comfort and security of a country like australia.

I am not denying the existence of weak aid and destructive missionaries. They exist. But they are not the 99% majority as you seem to be suggesting.

Also, contrary to popular belief, not all missionaries go to other countries to force their religion down peoples throats. In truth, in many of the countries missionaries go to, being a christian is punishable by death. The basic idea is that you go and live among them and be awesome, and then they ask you why you're giving so much of yourself to help them.

Anyway, this may be getting slightly ranty. Unreon man, I love you, but I find what you're saying to be incredibly insulting to the people out there who are sacrificing a lot to help people.

Edit: Andre, Lev 20:13 doesn't say to kill gays on sight. To be more accurate, it says that if 2 men sleep together they should be killed. There's a difference between believing homosexuality to be wrong, and believing two people of the same gender having sex is wrong. In most places homosexuality is mentioned in the bible it is simply listed alongside other unethical actions. But anyway...that's a whole 'nother topic.

Edit2: Came back and edited out sections. Felt I needed to tone down my post since it was pretty agressive towards unreon. Sorry man. >.>

Zero

Smash Hero
I think what Unreon is trying to express is that there's almost always an ulterior motive behind religious aid. Whether that's good or bad is up to you to decide.

also appeal to emotion = :( in arguments

Iso, you're right, but it provides a "moral" justification which people can interpret and enforce in their own ways.

Isorropia

Smash Apprentice
Yah, hence the whole getting ranty thing. >.>

If you want to get into semantics, there's an 'ulterior motive' behind, you know. Everything. Life isn't black and white, everything is multi-faceted. (silly word, just wanted to use it there)

Top Bottom