• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Race's -562-Brawl Garage Tourney III: 3rd Strike *PICS UP!!!!

Shmooguy

Smash Champion
Tourney was ****. I actually had fun at a brawl tourney, except the most fun was my one MELEE game lol. Kyle/Rofa it was cool chillin w you hahah lets smash sometime.

Oh and the food was SO bomb.

rofa

Smash Journeyman
Tourney was ****. I actually had fun at a brawl tourney, except the most fun was my one MELEE game lol. Kyle/Rofa it was cool chillin w you hahah lets smash sometime.

Oh and the food was SO bomb.
yeah man for sure i am here in cali for the next month and want to play as much smash as i can. it was fun meeting all you guys.

what place did JonT get? i lost to that guy's DDD twice... :(

also, to edrees - i had nothing but respect for you before this tournament, and was excited to meet you. then i find out that you $hit talk to everyone after me and death beat you in doubles. then you say stuff in my ear while i'm playing my tournament match? if you are seriously that immature then why don't you just put your money where your mouth is. mm me at the next tournament on the 19th.

i had a lot of fun here. race, you are a great TO. the one suggestion I would make is that next time you don't allow people who are playing in the bracket (and seeded, at that) to have complete control over the seeding and tournament bracket setup. if someone tried to do that in the midwest, they would get their *** kicked.

if you want to have people be seperate from each other and not play one another in the tournament bracket that's fine, but use a RANDOM NUMBERING SYSTEM rather than allowing someone to do it at their will. just assign where the seeded players go, and then have them either pick numbers between 1 and 10 or pick a card or something. just allowing a player to seed the tournament as his own complete discretion is wrong imo.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
yeah man for sure i am here in cali for the next month and want to play as much smash as i can. it was fun meeting all you guys.

what place did JonT get? i lost to that guy's DDD twice... :(

also, to edrees - i had nothing but respect for you before this tournament, and was excited to meet you. then i find out that you $hit talk to everyone after me and death beat you in doubles. then you say stuff in my ear while i'm playing my tournament match? if you are seriously that immature then why don't you just put your money where your mouth is. mm me at the next tournament on the 19th.

i had a lot of fun here. race, you are a great TO. the one suggestion I would make is that next time you don't allow people who are playing in the bracket (and seeded, at that) to have complete control over the seeding and tournament bracket setup. if someone tried to do that in the midwest, they would get their *** kicked.

if you want to have people be seperate from each other and not play one another in the tournament bracket that's fine, but use a RANDOM NUMBERING SYSTEM rather than allowing someone to do it at their will. just assign where the seeded players go, and then have them either pick numbers between 1 and 10 or pick a card or something. just allowing a player to seed the tournament as his own complete discretion is wrong imo.
Edrees doesn't talk ****. Ever. It was someone else, Edrees is one of the nicest smashers in Socal.

Also, people who play in the bracket always seed it as well. There is only person I know of that has seeded the bracket in their favor, but that's why everyone checks the bracket before matches begin.

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
who is the one person? manacloud?

seconded on edrees, i take your word on it just because i have no reason not to, but at the same time, edrees is pretty much the last person to ever be involved in any kind of confrontation

Jmex

Smash Lord
NNID
Jmex25
3DS FC
4613-8799-3599
Edrees being not polite? Wtf, no waaayyy?

rofa

Smash Journeyman
Edrees doesn't talk ****. Ever. It was someone else, Edrees is one of the nicest smashers in Socal.

Also, people who play in the bracket always seed it as well. There is only person I know of that has seeded the bracket in their favor, but that's why everyone checks the bracket before matches begin.

i don't doubt that edrees is normally a good guy. however, he was really rude to me for no reason because i apparently pressed one of his buttons. or rather, i pressed the B button...

honestly, i didn't care that he was talking $hit about me beating him in doubles. he was pissed about losing and that's understandable. but to say $hit in my ear while I was playing a tournament match? wtf? it was just uncalled for. i mean, it would be one thing if i knew him for awhile or something. but nope, he was just mad about losing to me i guess?

and about the bracket thing - sure you can make the argument that people check the bracket etc etc. however, randomizing the locations of the seeded players garantees no bias in the draw. but w/e, i don't want to intrude on the way you guys do things around here. in the midwest we just do it differently i guess.

Race

Smash Lord
Thanks rofa i'm glad you enjoyed the tourney, but in regarding edrees; he is one of the most respected members of the smash community down here. Saying that he is prolly the nicest guy you'll ever meet, him talking smack is VERY uncharacristic of edrees becasue he never will talk smack, i've known him for awhile and this is the first time i've ever herd of something like this. Did you actually hear him talking smack? like actaully hear it coming from his mouth? because if someoen told you, maybe that person interpreted it, I wassn't there so I really can't say anything though.

Edrees is also a member of the SoCal power ranking panel, the group of people who rank all the top players based on tourney performance and attandance. I believe leaving him to seed the brackets was the best decision possible, way better then I would've gave if I did them myself. I believe he seeded very effectivly and would've not have it any other way. I took a moment after he finished to look the brackets over and it all looked good to me, even DSF and the others took a look with no complaint. So i believe the brackets were done fine, I'm sorry if I seemed lazy or unattemptive by not doing them myself but I wantedto assusre the best experaince possible for everyone. I trust edrees with no doubt in my mind, I believe the set up he made was on point, also he is very neutral with is seeding and he has no favorites, everyone was placed well in my opinion.

If you had any comments or questions or anything regrading the tourney that is bothering you please by all means tell me there at the tourney if you can. Pull me to the side and say "Hey Race,this tourney is good, but I have one problem w/ it. . ." I'll work my very best to try to work with your concern and tell you my reason for doing things the was I do. I'm running these tourneys mostly for the community so what you have to say is really important to me.

------------

Oh everyone sorry about running it so slow, my origianl plan was to have 7 set-ups ready 3 from me and 4 from my friends, but i kid you not the morning of called them and ALL of them wouldn't either answer thier phones or still asleep. And i couldnt go out and get them casue the tourney would be startng in a few hours and I still needed to get ready. Some of it was bad planning in my part and some of it was just plain bad luck, also my lap-top locked on me RIGHT before we started which meant I needed to borrow someone's lap-top for teams at least, sorry about that too. and I really appretiate connor's friend helping me out wit htat and lmnz afterwards. We got to the point where I let people inside my house to play tourney matches in where I wassnt supposed to let anyone inside but to use the bathroom, but I wanted to run it faster and make this as best as I could for everyone. But in the end it was well worth it, I enjoyed myself and am aready planing "Race's Garage Tourney 4" I hope everyone had fun cause I did and i'm looking forward to the next one.

Also BBQ and lumpia was soldout before singlesd even started, now I know how much more food I need to order next time around. Next time: enough BBQ and lumpia to go around till singles!

Also shout outs to all out of state/norcal ppl:
-Tonyguacamole
-Furbs
-Rofa
-Praxis
-Sky <---this man is hardcore

to anyone else I forgot you know who you are!

and thanks everyone you made this a great success!!!!!

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
i don't doubt that edrees is normally a good guy. however, he was really rude to me for no reason because i apparently pressed one of his buttons. or rather, i pressed the B button...

honestly, i didn't care that he was talking $hit about me beating him in doubles. he was pissed about losing and that's understandable. but to say $hit in my ear while I was playing a tournament match? wtf? it was just uncalled for. i mean, it would be one thing if i knew him for awhile or something. but nope, he was just mad about losing to me i guess?

and about the bracket thing - sure you can make the argument that people check the bracket etc etc. however, randomizing the locations of the seeded players garantees no bias in the draw. but w/e, i don't want to intrude on the way you guys do things around here. in the midwest we just do it differently i guess.
I didnt whisper anything in your ear! I was being pretty loud about it. And it wasn't anything personal, I didn't think you're get so mad about it. It's true that I was mad that I lost to the tornado spamming in doubles, but the only reason I was saying anything was because I didn't want my friends to lose to the same thing. Notice that I only said anything when youre playing people who were good friends of mine. It's not like I rooted against you randoly while you were playing just anyone. Champ is a good friend of mine who I've known since my first tournament in Melee and I watch and root for him in all his matches. Ask the ROB he was playing against. And I always root for Ness everytime I see Ness playing, I'm just an Earthbound fanatic, I'm sorry if you took it to be too much =/ Really I'm sorry if you took it personally I really don't mean it that way. But I will root against anyone who tornado spams to that extent in doubles. It's not anything personal to you as a human being, but I just have to root against the playstyle, I don't like it, but it's not like I said anything bad about you as a person did I? Nope. All I said was "now that its singles, he can't tornado spam". I never ever ever said anything bad about you personally and I CERTAINTLY did not whisper in your ear.

Sky`

Smash Lord
I didnt whisper anything in your ear! I was being pretty loud about it. And it wasn't anything personal, I didn't think you're get so mad about it. It's true that I was mad that I lost to the tornado spamming in doubles, but the only reason I was saying anything was because I didn't want my friends to lose to the same thing. Notice that I only said anything when youre playing people who were good friends of mine. It's not like I rooted against you randoly while you were playing just anyone. Champ is a good friend of mine who I've known since my first tournament in Melee and I watch and root for him in all his matches. Ask the ROB he was playing against. And I always root for Ness everytime I see Ness playing, I'm just an Earthbound fanatic, I'm sorry if you took it to be too much =/ Really I'm sorry if you took it personally I really don't mean it that way. But I will root against anyone who tornado spams to that extent in doubles. It's not anything personal to you as a human being, but I just have to root against the playstyle, I don't like it, but it's not like I said anything bad about you as a person did I? Nope. All I said was "now that its singles, he can't tornado spam" and everything else I said was positive about my friends. I never ever ever said anything bad about you personally and I CERTAINTLY did not whisper in your ear.
You can whisper in my ear... :laugh:

You were like, the nicest person I met there. I never heard you say anything bad about anybody. Infact... when you lost, you were more down on yourself than anything. And your Peach is amazing man, Haha, It was an honor to play somebody like you! I wish You coulda had time for some dittos, but you seemed busy the whole time, =/ Next time, okay? =]

Thanks! And Buy me a Lucky charm next time!
And! Good job on 4th. Show these *****s what Peach can do! =D

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
Race, don't forget to thank DonTe, the guy that brought his laptop. We were planning on playing some games on his laptop but since you needed help, we gave it up :) also, the food was amazing.

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
OH god I loved the fooddddd. That was REALLY GOOD!

By the way with the seeding, I really struggled to seed it properly. This is because lots of people who are really good now are NOT on the power rankings. So I tried to use my personal judgement on who is better to seed rather than strictly follow the rankings, because ShadowRob, Lite, Gamble, Insomniak, Romeo and a few other players are NOT on the rankings but are really **** good, so it was tough. I hope i did an alright job with that, I made an announcement for people to check my work but no one seemed to care or want to. Heh. Yeah I rigged my bracket so I could get 4th place too. bwuhahahaah ;) The one thing I did do was put seng up aginst futile 2nd match cuz he didn't carpool with me. Take that ;) haha

Sky`

Smash Lord
OH god I loved the fooddddd. That was REALLY GOOD!

By the way with the seeding, I really struggled to seed it properly. This is because lots of people who are really good now are NOT on the power rankings. So I tried to use my personal judgement on who is better to seed rather than strictly follow the rankings, because ShadowRob, Lite, Gamble, Insomniak, Romeo and a few other players are NOT on the rankings but are really **** good, so it was tough. I hope i did an alright job with that, I made an announcement for people to check my work but no one seemed to care or want to. Heh.
Oh~! OH! Where am I on the rankings?!? :]

Nezumi

Smash Journeyman
Race, i didn't attend this one but I heard some good things, and I really appreciate that seeding was done!

Again, I wasn't there but good job running a tournament with very few complaints from what I've seen!

Oreo/JetX smash bros.

Smash Apprentice
lol yea i agree this was a fun tournament but its been pretty hard for me to adjust to the tournament like playing since my wii broke down like 4 weeks ago so ive just been playing only on saturdays. :urg: but hopefully my wii will get fix so i can practice up and hope i'll be able to beat some good players even though i sorta suck on some matches haha :laugh:

DonTe

Smash Cadet
Some of it was bad planning in my part and some of it was just plain bad luck, also my lap-top locked on me RIGHT before we started which meant I needed to borrow someone's lap-top for teams at least, sorry about that too. and I really appretiate connor's friend helping me out wit htat and lmnz afterwards.
Since this was Race's Garage Tourney III: 3rd Strike, I brought my laptop in hopes of playing some Street Fighter: 3rd strike. =/

On another note, sweet, I'm known as "Connor's Friend" now.
That's one up from "that guy who drives Connor everywhere".

One day, I hope to become the Ultimate Pokémon Master!

Shmooguy

Smash Champion
LOL Sky was out of state? I thought he was socal... i would've said hi or something. I just remember his match vs some D3 inside the house... Sky ***** lol.

Also I didn't want to get mixed up in anything, but if I didn't hear Edrees myself I probably would've thought Rofa was lying too lol. I was surprised but honestly it wasn't too bad considering how frustrated he probably was, I mean Socal talks more **** during people's matches than anyone else except maybe AZ haha. I remember we pissed off this Canadian Peach cuz we were **** talking during his matches and I guess he's used to everyone being quiet so people can concentrate. Personally I think trash talking is okay (to an extent of course), 'cuz if you look at sports and stuff people are yelling stuff at players or trying to distract them while they make free throws or stuff like that. You know how being at home gives you the advantage, the 6th man and all that.

Haha I kinda went off there.. anyway upload full results!

Race

Smash Lord
Sorry about the bad mention Donte, I really appreciate the help you gave and it wouldn't have as smoothly if you weren't there. I was close to have bringing my desktop from my room to the garage to run the tourney if i didnt have a laptop to run brackets on, lol. anyways thanks again

Charoo

Smash Champion
this tourney was fun, but of course I wish there was more tvs

There was so many people I want to leave shutouts to, but I notice that nobody leave a big shout out in brawl anymore =(

Good stuff to every1 though. I met a lot of new people that I never seen before, but all of them are cool =)

I feel so happy that I was able to show people that falcon and sheik still got it yay!

edit: oh yeah! Can mr.x and this one other wii send the video over to me. I saved it on the wii because I need more tournament footage for my "champ combo" video.

It was falcon vs ike, and falcon vs rob

Jmex

Smash Lord
NNID
Jmex25
3DS FC
4613-8799-3599
this tourney was fun, but of course I wish there was more tvs

There was so many people I want to leave shutouts to, but I notice that nobody leave a big shout out in brawl anymore =(

Good stuff to every1 though. I met a lot of new people that I never seen before, but all of them are cool =)

I feel so happy that I was able to show people that falcon and sheik still got it yay!

edit: oh yeah! Can mr.x and this one other wii send the video over to me. I saved it on the wii because I need more tournament footage for my "champ combo" video.

It was falcon vs ike, and falcon vs rob
The other wii Champ is talking about was labeled with a Nexus sticker. At least i think thats what Champ is talking about.

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
Full results

http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=1167

singles
1st place:
dsf (metaknight mostly, snake just a couple of times)

2nd place:
shadow (ROB)

3rd place:
futile (wario)

4th place:
edrees (Peach)

5: gamble (Fox)
5: lite (snake)
7: jont (dedede)
7: bardull (marth/dedede)
9: rofa (metaknight/ etc?)
9: romeo (dedede)
9: ajax (snake and random *** counterpicks, love ya aj)
9: insomniak (game and watch)
13: pancho
13: caos
13: mr x
13: champ
17: twilight kirby
17: vicegrip
17: kira
17: furbs
17: ike takeda
17: gb
17: dc
17: ms-king
25: rounder
25: jetx
25: rock
25: oz
25: james
25: decaf
25: mikehaze
25: jmex
33: oki
33: bigfoot
33: ninja
33: sho
33: happy the cow
33: sockninja
33: death
33: nanner
33: zack
33: forfeit
33: dennis
33: mojo
33: S2
33: diddy knight
33: praix
33: san angelo
49: sbeezy
49: seng
49: xavier
49: domo
49: mr jazzbo
49: b-jamin
49: scy
49: nick
49: tony
49: russel
49: mark
49: sky
49: Slayn
49: rinku
49: snix
65: hoey
65: DeeJay

doubles

1st place:
Cali VIP

2nd place:
Gyroware Inc.

3rd place:
Sesame Seed Bun

4th place:
Double D's

5: Team Typhoon
5: Infinite-E
7: Team Eclipse
7: Too Hot
9: MC DeeJay
9: Romeo + Gamble
9: Twilight Brigade
9: We Eat Babies
13: Peanutbutter Milk
13: JMEX and Friends
13: Little Kids
13: The Gorillas
17: Bankai
17: Legion
17: Mario Kart Top Tiers
17: JMEX's Other Friends
17: Just Plain Bad
17: Snake 'n Bake
17: Alpha Q
17: Sword and Needles
25: Day and Night
25: JMEX's Friends
25: Banana Team

Sorry I don't know who any of the teams were since I left the tourney after going 2 and out in doubles, and came back when singles started, so if anyone could help.

Race

Smash Lord
niiiiice. . .

anyways plans for "Race's Garage Tourney 4" is in the works. i'll post up the details soon. . .

this will prolly be my last or one of my last garage tourneys, i'll be looking to host them at proper venues now.

Furbs

Smash Journeyman
gg's and a fun tournament!

too bad the person i lost to had to be snake to take me out :( oh well i stuck w/ yoshi the whole way through! :D

Race

Smash Lord
^ This man singlehandedly changed my opinion about yoshi.

That understage travel was siiiiick

Jmex

Smash Lord
NNID
Jmex25
3DS FC
4613-8799-3599
niiiiice. . .

anyways plans for "Race's Garage Tourney 4" is in the works. i'll post up the details soon. . .

this will prolly be my last or one of my last garage tourneys, i'll be looking to host them at proper venues now.
Awesome Race. Oh and next time around ill make sure to bring a tv and wii. The only reason i didnt bring one this time, was because my car was overly crowded with people already. ;)

Race

Smash Lord
the next tourney will be held a the location of my first, Yorba Linda. A bigger garage and better venue in my opinion

Jmex

Smash Lord
NNID
Jmex25
3DS FC
4613-8799-3599
If you still are gonna have the lunch combo there I'd suggest you offer one free combo to anyone that brings a full set up, lots of tv's that way.
I agree... If that's the case ill bring three tv's this time. lol ;)

Race

Smash Lord
i'll look into it, but it's not me selling the food and making all the money. off it. My aunt was the one who made/sold the food and she gave me a cut from the profits. So it's up to her to let this happen or not.

besides next time I will be better prepared and will have at least 6 TVs ready the night before

Top Bottom