• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

R.O.B. Matchup Table

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
ROB's F-air does greatly against poor Pit and his poor Range, and that will screw his recovery up. I am well aware of that. Remember that ROB will have problems against Pit's arrows when trying to recover with Up-B. Sure you can try to F-air the arrows, but a smart Pit should keep up the pressure from Arrows to F-airs of his own to wear out ROB's Up-B fuel.

Sadly, Pit's Recovery is more fragile.

DRaGZ

Smash Champion
ROB's F-air does greatly against poor Pit and his poor Range, and that will screw his recovery up. I am well aware of that. Remember that ROB will have problems against Pit's arrows when trying to recover with Up-B. Sure you can try to F-air the arrows, but a smart Pit should keep up the pressure from Arrows to F-airs of his own to wear out ROB's Up-B fuel.

Sadly, Pit's Recovery is more fragile.
It's not like we can't see Pit's f-air coming from a mile away though. We're not going to recovery straight at your face either. It's either from below or from very high.

Sudai

Stuff here
AB, even if we do a linear horizontal recovery (lol why would we?), you can't do anything. FAir cancels arrows. FAir ***** your face if you try to aerial. I'm not saying it's impossible to edgeguard ROB (human error, mindgames, blahblahblah), but ROB has the tools to make it back completely unscathed against Pit easily and every time, no matter what. Your FAir is basically the same speed as ours, but ours is so much longer and disjointed. I really wanna know what ROB's you're fighting that let you **** his recovery so well.

Jamnt0ast

Smash Journeyman
I played Sagemoon at my last tournament. The effect ROB had on the matchup was EXTREMELY clear. ROB has the advantage. Everyone is arguing even though we all have the same opinion. Let's move on to another matchup that might seem iffy. Let's discuss King Dedede

soloSHADOWROB

Smash Journeyman
It means that your buddy Futile is leagues ahead of the rest and you are up there with him.

If we look at the tools of both character's it's obvious that ROB has a slight advantage.
Agreed . . .
We have beaten eachother the same amount of time (3-3)
Id still say its 50/50
But atleast you can say its a slight advantage in ones favor not a huge advantage like others have been saying.

As for the Pit one, I use to have some trouble with Pit
But ROB has the advantage (I can see what most Pits are going to do and when they are going to do it)
60/40

as for D3
i use to get ***** by Teba (Best D3 in SoCal and 3rd best player)
But as of lately I been beating him and I was playing the match all wrong
I do believe its nuetral with D3 slight advantage
45/55

Jamnt0ast

Smash Journeyman
From what ive seens....
If you play against a D3 wrong, you get *****.
If you play against a D3 correctly, it's close, but it's doable.

indianunit

Smash Journeyman
Dedede is fat and heavy.

I love doing dgrab to upair on him.

I definitely say ROB has the advantage on dedede.

It's his bair you have to watch out for.

Sudai

Stuff here
Dedede is fat and heavy.

I love doing dgrab to upair on him.

I definitely say ROB has the advantage on dedede.

It's his bair you have to watch out for.
LMAO...NO!

Chaingrab is a *****. This is why you stay between him and the ledge or offstage

I'm sorry, but Who are you?

At best the match-up is even. ROB -definitely- does not have the advantage, though.

indianunit

Smash Journeyman
LMAO...NO!

Chaingrab is a *****. This is why you stay between him and the ledge or offstage

I'm sorry, but Who are you?

At best the match-up is even. ROB -definitely- does not have the advantage, though.
Oh ya I forgot about his chaingrab. OK maybe Rob doesn't have the advantage on him but Dedede definitely doesn't win this matchup thats for sure.

TeeVee

Smash Lord
top 5 hardest for me -

mk
gaw
d3
peach (only one i lost to in tournament is dark pch though)
fox

TeeVee

Smash Lord
Maybe I just need to learn the matchup better, I hardly play against foxes at all...

DRaGZ

Smash Champion
Yeah, I really like the DeDeDe match-up now.

I mean, I even like it on FD, where I am potentially punished the most, because it makes DeDeDe such an easy camping target.

ipitydatfu

Smash Master
lol i just saw seibriks' matches against afrothundah, he grabbed released afro's wario (yeah i know, afro as wario?!?) over the edge into a upsmash. ouch,

can he do that to rob?

soloSHADOWROB

Smash Journeyman
I have some matches with Teba if you would like to see them
You can see where I was playing right and where i was playing wrong
and where there was nothin i could freaken do cuz of CG lol

frdagaa

Smash Journeyman
CG. Sooo lame. My partner mains Pika and is pretty darned good, but he's picking up D3. Grawr. I don't know which character is less fun to fight, a thunderjolt spamming Pika or a chaingrabbing D3.

DRaGZ

Smash Champion
CG. Sooo lame. My partner mains Pika and is pretty darned good, but he's picking up D3. Grawr. I don't know which character is less fun to fight, a thunderjolt spamming Pika or a chaingrabbing D3.
Chaingrabbing DeDeDe. A Pikachu that's just spamming thunderjolt is too easy.

Sudai

Stuff here
I think my favorite to camp is DK. You think D3 has no options, DK is even worse of. Lawl.

I still just don't see fox being too much of an issue. SDI out of drill combos is too easy. I guess since it doesn't look to bad on paper plus the fact that I've never had trouble with one leads to a personal bias, but yeah. Kafunanuhpah~

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
I have a lot of trouble with Fox :ohwell: but it could be due to lack of matchup experience.

Nice Scrubs reference btw.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
I don't know why I have trouble with the matchup either, I just do. I just need to play more Foxes.

Sudai

Stuff here
I'll see if I can play some good Foxes this weekend at HOBO12. I'm convinced the Foxes I've played just weren't up to par. :x

Also, you guys should be looking forward to some big post (and a huge update to an old one) coming from me sometime mid next week, next weekend at latest (next week is finals weeks. x.x)

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! <
So I haven't read the whole thing but don't need to because I'm ****ing G-Regulate awesome...
Actually I just stumbled upon this, but I'll chime in on the Fox thing. I'm not crazy experienced in it, but I've had scrubs give me way more trouble than they ever should.

I think with more experience against higher level Fox play [because how often do you actually face Brawl Fox used by advanced players in tourney???] this matchup will become easier simply by nature of the matchup and not due to a skill increase in ROB players. What I mean is, we'll just find ways around that lil b!tcha.ss woodland creature that end up becoming common ROB knowledge.

On teams, however, you may want to install a bear trap in your rectal cavity ;___; Fox WILL destroy you. A good one, anyway. Then again a really good Fox is amazing on teams in general because of low-damage kills, lasers that he can still effectively spam since the lack of knockback doesn't affect his teammate in the case of a stray laser, utilt has an equally bizarre hitbox as Melee Fox's utilt, which you can be comboed into if you don't DI the dair [and if you try and punish him for the dair..hah...yeah.....]

General and very basic tips that come to mind immediately:
-again, don't ever try to punish his dair, you'll eat a stupid amount of unnecessary damage.
-if he is standing and shooting, do NOT shield, just shoot him back.
-Foxes like to double-jump fair when recovering because it gives them extra height...they're open for gimping [can't dodge/reflect anything]...if they're stupidly anywhere near the edge, try to dtilt them, and then dair since they don't have any options really [will have vid up soon of a recent friendly =D]
-don't always try to walk them out with fairs, they'll DI up and can safely recover putting you at a disadvantage
-do NOT recover beneath the edge. Always approach the stage from a small distance, horizontally speaking. Fox CAN and WILL shine spike you, and you may end up running out of fuel. Just don't play around with attempting uair/nair. UpB from afar. his bair is a good edgeguard too.
-Foxes uair is a decent KO move.
-Don't play around above him often.
-Unless you're tech chasing, NEVER do a forward glide-toss. You can slide toward him, just don't throw the gyro forward

Top Bottom