• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

R.O.B. Matchup Table

Sudai

Stuff here
Yeah, I was getting kind of mad at the lack of gimping.. Though it evened out because the lowest I died was at 134% and that was on Corneria. LOL.

Note: Corenria wasn't a serious CP by him, but I beat him on his neutral (stage striking) and banned the only CP he felt would give him an effective advantage (Port Town? I banned it cause I saw him using it a a lot and didn't wanna go there. <.<) so he just went somewhere "fun". lawl. Yeah, I actually asked him about the CP afterward. Haha

Sudai

Stuff here
I get called Tri-Sexual on a regular basis, and I have to agree. I was bi before I played ROB..I've since turned Tri and I'm not afraid to admit it!

CJTHeroofTime

Smash Lord
haha I was just kidding, it's just hilarious how after Smash becomes a "part of your life" you can apply Smash-memes to just about everything
Of course you can apply smash to everyday life. My friends and I have a running joke about random smash references. The best was in badminton in gym. The hits are called smashes for crying out loud. Smashes, spikes, not to mention the many references to marth and roy's movesets lol. The best was when we played under a broken basketball net that would not retract. It caused stage spikes lol

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
Of course you can apply smash to everyday life. My friends and I have a running joke about random smash references. The best was in badminton in gym. The hits are called smashes for crying out loud. Smashes, spikes, not to mention the many references to marth and roy's movesets lol. The best was when we played under a broken basketball net that would not retract. It caused stage spikes lol
hahaha awesome

one time my friends and I were about to travel for this tourney in Northern VA...my parents had been out of town for a bit but they would back in town before I would be, so when my friends got here I said "yo gimme a few, I gotta make sure this place is clean for when my parents get home" and my friend [Gum aka 7] says "yeah, that ****'s high priority..."

and we all just stopped for a second, and then busted out laughing...while my girlfriend at the time looked REALLY ****ing confused.

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
ok i am trying to figure this out. i main pika and second rob, and have a very good friend who uses rob. i dont win to often against him with pika. when i use my rob on the other pikas of the pika board i tend to dominate. so could someone tell me why pika vs rob is 55/45 in pikas favor other then anther beats OS?

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Actually that's pretty much it. We haven't talked or thought much about the matchup since the Anther vs OS stuff. It's just not a common matchup.

CJTHeroofTime

Smash Lord
ok i am trying to figure this out. i main pika and second rob, and have a very good friend who uses rob. i dont win to often against him with pika. when i use my rob on the other pikas of the pika board i tend to dominate. so could someone tell me why pika vs rob is 55/45 in pikas favor other then anther beats OS?
I personally dislike the way OS played Anther. He essentially pitched a tent, lit a fire, and started camping. And then lost.
I feel an aggressive ROB would do better against Pikachu than a campy ROB would.

hahaha awesome

one time my friends and I were about to travel for this tourney in Northern VA...my parents had been out of town for a bit but they would back in town before I would be, so when my friends got here I said "yo gimme a few, I gotta make sure this place is clean for when my parents get home" and my friend [Gum aka 7] says "yeah, that ****'s high priority..."

and we all just stopped for a second, and then busted out laughing...while my girlfriend at the time looked REALLY ****ing confused.
That's why I keep my girlfriend and my smash obsession separate. She would never understand.
Smash loser ftw!

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
I personally dislike the way OS played Anther. He essentially pitched a tent, lit a fire, and started camping. And then lost.
I feel an aggressive ROB would do better against Pikachu than a campy ROB would.
this. overswarm said himself pika is the anti camper. once a rob gets his tilts going and his pressure game, pika just starts failing. 60-40 to 65-35 robs favor. that is easy.

CJTHeroofTime

Smash Lord
also remember anther is probably one of the top pikachus around. that also plays a factor as well
Even so, OS pretty much just camps in most of the OS vs Anther vids I saw, and he gets wrecked every time he camps. If he put up an agressive front, I think he would have done better

CJTHeroofTime

Smash Lord
Lol I was playing my friend who was sandbagging DDD, and I smashed him off the stage. I followed him to fair him, but he started the swallow too early, i had enough time to gyro him. He swallowed the gyro and didnt have enough time to recover lol.

Mr.E

Smash Lord
You can "punish" a Swallow with absolutely any attack you throw out anyway, since the suction will pull your hitbox straight into his fat mouth before it sucks you in. Funny way to ruin any attempt to suicide kill, though.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
...so it's not a bigger advantage for DDD because DDD's use like to use their falcon punch and they can't shield the gyro. >_>

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
R.O.B. can just camp dedede to hell haha. Just run away and spam projectiles and bair.
run->powershield gyro->run shield laser->run powershield gyro. It's easy.

Seriously though. Rob can outcamp DDD, but you can't outrange him at close range. Bair is punishable with perfect shielding. If you can't get a perfect shield in, you can just wait till Rob bairs all the way to the edge of the stage- just like you would against a pivotgrabbing Olimar.

Nintendevil

Smash Ace
lol

Why does Fox have an advantage o_0
Juggling. Also his reflector (for the few who use the **** thing) but mostly juggling and short combos like that. Space animals are *****es for that.

@ DanGR: you underestimate Robs tilts. And thats like saying ROB can just spotdodge any grab. Not like D3's do anything else when they're up close M I rite?

It's a close matchup reguardless. 45-55 either way.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
@ DanGR: you underestimate Robs tilts. And thats like saying ROB can just spotdodge any grab. Not like D3's do anything else when they're up close M I rite?

It's a close matchup reguardless. 45-55 either way.
His tilts are fantastic. I'd much rather have DDD's ftilt than Rob's in the matchup though. It's much better for spacing, as it forces Rob to make a move.

Mr.E

Smash Lord
Juggling.
The extent of Fox's juggling skills don't extend beyond chaining UTilt at low percents, he can't move fast enough in the air and has no range. Honestly, you just kinda have to move out from under Fox's drill kicks and he can't even do anything else.

whats everyones opinion on the falco matchup?
I hate to talk about it because we beat it to death in the old match-up topic and we beat it to death again in the video thread. -_- His blaster is a real *****, so I think stage choice alters the matchup more than most, but that ROB has a slight overall advantage (55:45-ish) via his superior melee range and vicious ledgeguarding against Falco.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Juggling. Also his reflector (for the few who use the **** thing) but mostly juggling and short combos like that. Space animals are *****es for that.
Ledge camping vs Fox = instant win.

Falco vs ROB is pretty even, maybe 45:55 in ROBs favour

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
Re: Falco.

It's heavily debated.

In an "all else equal" scenario [if you throw out stage choice] some people say 55:45 ROB's favor and others think 40:60 in Falco's favor.

Further tourney performance will help fill in the gray areas of the debate.

But we really did beat it to death.

DRaGZ

Smash Champion
Re: Falco.

It's heavily debated.

In an "all else equal" scenario [if you throw out stage choice] some people say 55:45 ROB's favor and others think 40:60 in Falco's favor.

Further tourney performance will help fill in the gray areas of the debate.

But we really did beat it to death.
I really think R.O.B. has the advantage. His aerial and off-stage options vs. Falco are just way too good.

Top Bottom