• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

R.O.B. Matchup Table

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
There's no shame in losing to the guy who got first :)

Norfair is a good antiDiddy CP, it takes away his entire banana game. Frigate ain't bad either since it's small and his recovery sucks balls.

Sudai

Stuff here
I thought about Norfair. I took him to Frigate and I almost came back from a three stock there, but yeah. Prolly should have taken him to Norfair, thinking back on it. x.x

Mr.E

Smash Lord
Fighting Diddy is like fighting Sonic, except the reason you're spamming attacks is different and you're staying in the air instead of grounded. O _ o

Oh umm, anyway... Screw spotdodging, depending on the distance they're tossing the banana will just land inside you and you'll slip anyway. (i.e. Spotdodge more intelligently than usual.) My best successes fighting him are to stay aggro the entire time. Diddy can't beat ROB in fisticuffs, you need to stay on his *** so you're in the best position to punish banana pulling and/or grab them before he does if he does pull them. As far as CPs are concerned, Rainbow Cruise and Norfair E-Z! Wario is a fun CP character too, yeah.

CJTHeroofTime

Smash Lord
All the diddy's in my area suck. If a ROB main is consistently beating you with Captain Falcon, either get some skills, or pick a new character already!

frdagaa

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I'm done with my Blade Runner essay now. College essays don't suck when they're on one of the best sci-fi flicks of all time, by the way.

And yeah, we are being busy....

CJTHeroofTime

Smash Lord
college essays do suck when you've had the word document open for three hours but only have one sentence because smashboards is much more interesting... I'm never gonna make early action...

frdagaa

Smash Journeyman
Ooooo, college application essays. Yeah, those suck nuts. I didn't turn mine in until 11:47 the night they were due for the first batch, then 11:56 for the second.

CJTHeroofTime

Smash Lord
I was going to, but for some reason, my ability to procrastinate has grown exponentially with the addition of Brawl into my life.

frdagaa

Smash Journeyman
Well, my SAT's were what got me into my colleges, I know that. And the college I should have gone to didn't require essays, but I was a n00b and decided to matriculate to a liberal arts college, despite wanting to major in physics. Epic fail.

DRaGZ

Smash Champion
Hahahaha...my SATs barely qualified me to get into college.

Ironically, I later got a job as an SAT instructor for the Princeton Review. BA-ZING!

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Wow, you youngins.

Class of 03 ftw.

When will I have to stop going to tourneys to avoid "child-molester" status?

Sudai

Stuff here
When will I have to stop going to tourneys to avoid "child-molester" status?
Never. Most tourney I go to (save for little dinky local ones) are full of 17-35 year olds. So long as you're not dead, it shouldn't be too creepy to keep going. Maybe creepy to go to local tournies...but who cares about those anyway?

Only way you should stop going is if you get something seriously important that starts taking too much of your time. (Read: A job you love [****ty jobs don't count], a woman you love [****ty women don't count], or your ***** falls off [I'm sorry if it does, but I'll probably take it and pickle it.. superhomo])

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
35 year olds, wtf? That's pretty creepy.

The oldest smasher I know is 26. And married. With a kid. Hmmmm.

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! <
The oldest smasher I personally know is The Doug, who is 28 [I was playing at his place one day and commented "man..I feel kinda old in the community" and his response was "it's okay man, I STARTED playing when I was 23" which was around the time I started playing, too (22)]

DRaGZ

Smash Champion
I'm class of '05. I think my actual SAT score was a 1360. The reason I managed to score the job as an SAT instructor was I retook the new test in order to qualify and I got a 2340, so they were like "that's surprising" and gave me the job.

I think the issue, primarily, was that I took SATs really early in the morning in high school, but for the new test I took it in the afternoon.

DRaGZ

Smash Champion
lmao @ Standardized Test-time Johnz
It's just, the only way to explain it, lol. I studied and prepared my butt off for the original 1600 version and I did almost nothing to prepare for the 2400 version except get new batteries for my calculator. Maybe it was the removal of analogies and the inclusion of the essay, which I always do well at, but I didn't think it was big enough for me to jump up so high.

DRaGZ

Smash Champion
haha I was just kidding, it's just hilarious how after Smash becomes a "part of your life" you can apply Smash-memes to just about everything
Lol, I know you were kidding. I just thought I'd follow up, because the drastic change was perplexing to me at the time as well, and I figured it was just because I'd gotten more sleep, lol.

Strangely enough, this also seems to apply to how well I do at tournies.

Mr.E

Smash Lord
Or the ability to mostly avoid being gimped while still managing to be heavier than ROB.

Top Bottom