• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

R.O.B. Matchup Table

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
i guess il throw my 2 cents in here

scores are confusing with how the lower numbers r good lol

MK isnt THAT bad lol, more like 75 25 or 70 30. im leaning more towards 70 30
Snake is a bit closer to eve, 45 65
Reverse falco to 45 55
either reverse marth or make it even
ROB has a slight advantage on wario i think, 45 55 maybe?
maybe make lucario closer to even? 45 55?
diddy kong slightly in robs favor 45 55
make pikachu even 50 50
consider making ICs even more in robs favor, like 35 65
consider making pit even, not sure yet
olimar is def in olimars favor, like 70 30
isnt fox in robs favor? 45 55?
zamus is tough for rob - 65 35
bowser is better than u think, 40 60
unsure about luigi, maybe even?
a good ike can be tough (though are very easy if they have bad di and arent smart), make it like 40 60
rob has an easy time on sheik :) 35 65
mario seems more even
falcon is cake for rob, one of his best matchups, 25 75

soloSHADOWROB

Smash Journeyman
Ugh its annoying, but whatever
Bowser is still good
Hows do u think OS lost to a Bowser player?

PT does do pretty **** good on ROB, MS-King can prove that too and hes only a 13 year old kid.
Typh can prolly tell u the same thing.

As for the Earthbound characters
Its in ROB's favor against Ness but not a huge advantage (this was discussed by Edreese, ViceGrip and I) its a 60:40 ROB's favor

and for Lucas idk i havent fought a good Lucas so idk
I assume he could to well but idk
maybe the same as Ness.

soloSHADOWROB

Smash Journeyman
Notice I said it's even, lol. I've played good ROBs. I know I may have made it seem like Wario can overwhelm ROB, but that's not how I intended it at all, I was just elaborating on some of the things he can do (which is sorta what you're doing now).
I salute you because your post was prolly one of the smarter ones Ive read lol
Futile and I discussed this long ago too
50/50 ROB vs Wario

DRaGZ

Smash Champion
Ugh its annoying, but whatever
Bowser is still good
Hows do u think OS lost to a Bowser player?

PT does do pretty **** good on ROB, MS-King can prove that too and hes only a 13 year old kid.
Typh can prolly tell u the same thing.

As for the Earthbound characters
Its in ROB's favor against Ness but not a huge advantage (this was discussed by Edreese, ViceGrip and I) its a 60:40 ROB's favor

and for Lucas idk i havent fought a good Lucas so idk
I assume he could to well but idk
maybe the same as Ness.
Lucas does worse against R.O.B. than Ness does. The only place Ness does worse than Lucas vs. R.O.B. is off-stage. On-stage and in the air, Ness is much more beastly. Lucas, just shield and grab.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
lmao.

R.O.B has advantage on Wario.

How the hell is this debatable?

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
lmao.

R.O.B has advantage on Wario.

How the hell is this debatable?
I completely agree but could you at least add something to the discussion instead of laughing at everyone? I would like to know I'm not alone here in thinking ROB beats Wario.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
ROB has better tools.

That's how you breakdown any match-up. Whoever has better tools wins.

Unless a character has traits that allow him to reduce the effectiveness of the other character's tools.

ROB has a much better ground game and has his projectile game. He also has his great recovery and is an excellent gimper.

Wario has better aerial mobility which is good for penetrating ROB's control zone, but he doesn't have much else.

ROB > Wario

TeeVee

Smash Lord
Am I the only one who would rather face a thousand falcos than a fox?

frdagaa

Smash Journeyman
Agreed. And making sure you're not a ****** and cp JJ against him. Which I did, once. Never again.

Sudai

Stuff here
I CP'd Japes against a Snake once, he went Falco...it was horrible. He said he had only played Falco seriously once before...I was so ashamed. x.x

soloSHADOWROB

Smash Journeyman
Falco is a hard match-up but I havent lost to one in awhile lol
Last time I lost to one was back in June I think at a UCLA Monthly

As for the Wario vs. ROB discussion

Wario can AD Camp and stall for a whole minute to get his fart, it kills ROB at 90%

A good Wario sees many opportunities to counter ROB's moves and combo him.

Since Wario has great mobility in the air he can do great damage to ROB especially if hes under him.

D-Air has great priority and a big hitbox, it eats our shield and if he DI's away we cant really punish him.

Smart Wario players have changed up the game from D-Air to Chomp (which obviously you cant block)

Wario can punish ROB after his aerial (in fact most characters can if you know how to) N-Air is easily Shiled-Grabbable, F-Air has as well, and even a B-Air towards the opponent. But there other ways to punish him as well.

Im not saying Wario has the complete advantage but theres my discussion, its 50/50 or atleast 45/55 ROB's favor.

And its not that certain people have to play better ROB's but maybe people that just needa play better Warios in my case Futile!

Mr.E

Smash Lord
ROB just plain outspaces Wario by a mile, that's my most basic opinion of the matchup.

Oh, solo...

1) I don't know what "AD" is but I know what "camp" is and Wario can't do that against ROB. Air Dodge Camp? That's just asking to be punished by ROB's extended hitboxes in the air. Even if you did that, you still have to rack up that 80-90% beforehand and can't actually combo into the Waft.

2) Wario can't really get under ROB. This is really where Wario falls short because he has a hard time killing ROB without landing a UAir (or Waft). ROB can easily DI toward the ledges and, with his vastly superior range and Wario's weak off-stage game, should always be able to avoid exposing his blind spot.

3) DAir, har har! It's great shield pressure against characters that intend to stay grounded because they're attempting to grab or have a weak air game. ROB has no trouble smacking him away with FAir alllllllllll day, his Bite isn't even a match for it.

While I'm entering conjecture at this point, I'm not sure what Wario can even do if ROB simply rolls away. Wario is forced to play cautious because ROB significantly outranges him, but that just allows ROB to rack up free damage with his projectiles. Both Laser and Gyro knock him off his Bike, too.

The only place Ness does worse than Lucas vs. R.O.B. is off-stage.
Considering ROB's off-stage game and Ness's particular vulnerability to being gimped, that's probably the most important part. Ness's FAir is easily the single most annoying attack between the two, though.

PKNintendo

Smash Master
ROB just plain outspaces Wario by a mile, that's my most basic opinion of the matchup.

Oh, solo...

1) I don't know what "AD" is but I know what "camp" is and Wario can't do that against ROB. Air Dodge Camp? That's just asking to be punished by ROB's extended hitboxes in the air. Even if you did that, you still have to rack up that 80-90% beforehand and can't actually combo into the Waft.

2) Wario can't really get under ROB. This is really where Wario falls short because he has a hard time killing ROB without landing a UAir (or Waft). ROB can easily DI toward the ledges and, with his vastly superior range and Wario's weak off-stage game, should always be able to avoid exposing his blind spot.

3) DAir, har har! It's great shield pressure against characters that intend to stay grounded because they're attempting to grab or have a weak air game. ROB has no trouble smacking him away with FAir alllllllllll day, his Bite isn't even a match for it.

While I'm entering conjecture at this point, I'm not sure what Wario can even do if ROB simply rolls away. Wario is forced to play cautious because ROB significantly outranges him, but that just allows ROB to rack up free damage with his projectiles. Both Laser and Gyro knock him off his Bike, too.

Considering ROB's off-stage game and Ness's particular vulnerability to being gimped, that's probably the most important part. Ness's FAir is easily the single most annoying attack between the two, though.
In My Opinion, Ness should be at 45-55 (still disadvantage) while Ness gets gimped off-stage. People overate it. Seriously, his recovery is SO dumped on, it's not even funny.

Rule of thumb for Ness mains, only use your DJ. PKT is a last resort.
We already agreed that onstage, Ness does better than Lucas and imo thats what matters.

Offstage should account for about 30% of your game.
Lucas should stay at 4-6, while Ness should be at 45-55.:lick:

frdagaa

Smash Journeyman
Which is also extremely outdated. Yeah....

Alright, ****it. I'm creating a new matchup thread as of now, so we have no excuse to ***** about outdated matchups.

soloSHADOWROB

Smash Journeyman

Oh, solo...

Wario has like the best Aerial DI in the game he can outlast a NAir so he can definetely get through the other moves.
Futile knows how to put the pressure, Im the only ROB able to beat him so what does that kinda say about the match-up?
I just want people to play Ryan and then come tell me about the **** match-up ;=/

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
It means that your buddy Futile is leagues ahead of the rest and you are up there with him.

If we look at the tools of both character's it's obvious that ROB has a slight advantage.

Jamnt0ast

Smash Journeyman
I have updated some of the disputed matchups and feel this is more up to date. If there are any disagreements you have please post.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
So remind me the matchup between Pit and ROB. The numbers + decription above em are confusing me.
This 45/55 for Pit, isnt the 45 for ROB?

Remember that both chars can screw each other's recoveries up, ROB's F-airs against Pit, Pit's arrows against ROB.

And remember that Pit has reflectors. A defensive Pit can trouble a ROB (Note that Rob's reflector, the side-b, sucks).
I need to be informed about the Pit matchup to see how far apart they are.

Syde7

The Sultan of Smut
NNID
syde_7
So remind me the matchup between Pit and ROB. The numbers + decription above em are confusing me.
This 45/55 for Pit, isnt the 45 for ROB?

Remember that both chars can screw each other's recoveries up, ROB's F-airs against Pit, Pit's arrows against ROB.

And remember that Pit has reflectors. A defensive Pit can trouble a ROB (Note that Rob's reflector, the side-b, sucks).
I need to be informed about the Pit matchup to see how far apart they are.
As long as ROB stays below pit in vertical battles, and a ROB F-tilt away on the ground the match his his to lose. A smart ROB can angle lasers so that if it reflects off the mirror shield, it won't hit him. Also, empty glide tossing is a good way to make Pit's not rely on their mirror shield. The time it takes for them to drop it- ROB has approached with an empty glide toss for an F-smash or grab, or whatever.

Arrows are only an annoyance. A sharpshooting ROB can nullify Pit's little "LOOK AT ME I CAN GO UNDER DA STAGE WIF MY UP+B, I AM SO PRO" with a laser. Facts. Use FD's underside for a shield? Nope. BF's underside for a shield? Nope. Don't even bother on SV, Frigate, Halberd, Delphino... etc.

CJTHeroofTime

Smash Lord
If the ROB is even half-decemt, he would be recovering low then upwards to ledge. Arrows should not be a problem. Now if ROB is smashed sideways and Pit tries to snipe, that's where the arrows might pose a problem. Even so, the arrows are easy to air-dodge, and ROB's up-B allows him to air-dodge several times and still recover. If Pit tries to edge-guard with aerials while ROB uses up-b, ROB can cancel to a aerial, while still rising, and then use up-b again. In the opposite situation, if Pit tries an aerial out of his up-b, he's screwed. ROB has the edge-guarding advantage in this matchup.

DRaGZ

Smash Champion
If the ROB is even half-decemt, he would be recovering low then upwards to ledge. Arrows should not be a problem. Now if ROB is smashed sideways and Pit tries to snipe, that's where the arrows might pose a problem. Even so, the arrows are easy to air-dodge, and ROB's up-B allows him to air-dodge several times and still recover. If Pit tries to edge-guard with aerials while ROB uses up-b, ROB can cancel to a aerial, while still rising, and then use up-b again. In the opposite situation, if Pit tries an aerial out of his up-b, he's screwed. ROB has the edge-guarding advantage in this matchup.
o_O

What?

This is why f-airing is important against Pit. You can't airdodge because of Up+B.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I specifically asked for matchup numbers. As far as I see it, it's 55/45 ROB's favor only because of them annoying fast long ranged aerials of his, but the matchup can change depending on the Pit.
In my case, generally 55/45 Admiral Pit's Favor >_< I'm very cunning.

DRaGZ

Smash Champion
I specifically asked for matchup numbers. As far as I see it, it's 55/45 ROB's favor only because of them annoying fast long ranged aerials of his, but the matchup can change depending on the Pit.
In my case, generally 55/45 Admiral Pit's Favor >_< I'm very cunning.
If you want a match-up number, 60-40 in favor of R.O.B. That's what I say.

R.O.B. potentially outranges him nearly everywhere. And I've recently realized that Pit's shield and side+B aren't as effective against Gyro as initially thought because it can be shot right onto Pit's head relatively easily. Plus, R.O.B. can gimp Pit with a few f-airs and a laser.

ipitydatfu

Smash Master
as Long As Rob Stays Below Pit In Vertical Battles, And A Rob F-tilt Away On The Ground The Match His His To Lose. A Smart Rob Can Angle Lasers So That If It Reflects Off The Mirror Shield, It Won't Hit Him. Also, Empty Glide Tossing Is A Good Way To Make Pit's Not Rely On Their Mirror Shield. The Time It Takes For Them To Drop It- Rob Has Approached With An Empty Glide Toss For An F-smash Or Grab, Or Whatever.

Arrows Are Only An Annoyance. A Sharpshooting Rob Can Nullify Pit's Little "look At Me I Can Go Under Da Stage Wif My Up+b, I Am So Pro" With A Laser. Facts. Use Fd's Underside For A Shield? Nope. Bf's Underside For A Shield? Nope. Don't Even Bother On Sv, Frigate, Halberd, Delphino... Etc.

Rofls .

CJTHeroofTime

Smash Lord
o_O

What?

This is why f-airing is important against Pit. You can't airdodge because of Up+B.
Sorry, I wasn't exactly clear. What I meant was that in the event Pit jumped down and tried to hit ROB with an aerial, ROB could hit him with a pre-emptive aerial out oh his up-b and still recover. Obviously you don't want to up-b into the arrows. I didnt mention fair cuz Sudai mentioned it right before me.

Jamnt0ast

Smash Journeyman
If you want a match-up number, 60-40 in favor of R.O.B. That's what I say.

R.O.B. potentially outranges him nearly everywhere. And I've recently realized that Pit's shield and side+B aren't as effective against Gyro as initially thought because it can be shot right onto Pit's head relatively easily. Plus, R.O.B. can gimp Pit with a few f-airs and a laser.
I agree with DRaGZ on this one. Gimping is just TOO easy. I'm changing this to 60/40 ROB. It wont be any more in ROBs favor though because of pits multi hit attacks.

DRaGZ

Smash Champion
Sorry, I wasn't exactly clear. What I meant was that in the event Pit jumped down and tried to hit ROB with an aerial, ROB could hit him with a pre-emptive aerial out oh his up-b and still recover. Obviously you don't want to up-b into the arrows. I didnt mention fair cuz Sudai mentioned it right before me.
Oh okay.

I was just confused because I figured you normally say such things, hehehe.

Top Bottom