• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

R.I.P. Kjell Anders "Nappy" Peterson.

etecoon

Smash Hero
yeah, I'm usually up about now just getting out of work but I barely ever bother trying to play this time of the morning because it's dead(although I did find someone to friendly with today, need to actually ladder and get my score up again though lol)

edit: actually only got one game before he quit to play a ladder set <_< how annoying...

I think he didn't want to ladder me because my score is so low, losing to me would be disasterous lmao. oh well, off to sleep

Tero.

Smash Champion
Guys you post way too much, it's like I go to sleep and then there are like 10 new pages and I'm to ****ed up to read through them.

Also it's 3pm here and I just played Pokemon Platinum for like 3 hours.

napZzz

Smash Hero
Guys you post way too much, it's like I go to sleep and then there are like 10 new pages and I'm to ****ed up to read through them.

Also it's 3pm here and I just played Pokemon Platinum for like 3 hours.
I think this thread is just slowly starting to get those **** lurkers into posting something.

Pokemon :0

Darkshadow7827

Smash Lord
Prime example, haha. Mmm, every time I see the word "lurker" i think of Starcraft, haha. I'm on the AiB doubles ladder, but I can't play with my partner cause of my connection. I'll probably try the singles ladder or free play once I get back to school and have a better connection.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
SamuraiPanda,

I'm listening to the podcast and 90% of your issues with the Wii are the fault of the software architecture. Because of how poorly it's constructed, they cannot put requested features in the Wii in a feasible manner. What also hurts is the lack of space.

No game patches, no improvements to online play, no improvements to the menu, music CD playback, DVD playback, flash drive space, improvements to the Motion Sensing, and many more, are all the software's fault.

This is why the Wii is so easy to exploit.

Let's hope Ninty will construct better architecture of software.

I was very disappointed that they didn't give us an update on this Kirby game announced in E3 2005.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yy2l5BSBSL0

Seriously, this game has been in progress longer than MGS4.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Oh noes! My secret got out! They pay me good monies to be an actor <3

SamuraiPanda,

I'm listening to the podcast and 90% of your issues with the Wii are the fault of the software architecture. Because of how poorly it's constructed, they cannot put requested features in the Wii in a feasible manner. What also hurts is the lack of space.

No game patches, no improvements to online play, no improvements to the menu, music CD playback, DVD playback, flash drive space, improvements to the Motion Sensing, and many more, are all the software's fault.

This is why the Wii is so easy to exploit.

Let's hope Ninty will construct better architecture of software.

I was very disappointed that they didn't give us an update on this Kirby game announced in E3 2005.

Indeed. Nintendo is just bad at anything technologically advanced, it seems. Honestly, I just don't understand why they made some decisions like not including DVD playback and what not. Its... just weird. But whatever. Nintendo horribly failed yet another E3. Hopefully they'll start to realize why they suck before they hit the wall that they're currently heading towards.

Eternal Yoshi

NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
I blame the new management for all of this. Ever since Yamauchi retired in 2005. :(

Now they're harder to take seriously than the character in my avatar, General Specific.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Apparently, weegee is the best character to use after forgetting how to play melee, cause all you need to know is how to wavedash.

Comes from personal experience.
Actually, Peach is easier to play since you don't even need to know how to do that.

I mained Peach in Melee since about 2006. My techskill has not improved at all.

LOL, anyone else seen this yet?

That image is so old.

And so awesome.

I think i's best to assume that either it's been canceled or it was just a tech demo and was never intended for release.

Honestly, I just don't understand why they made some decisions like not including DVD playback and what not. Its... just weird. But whatever.
The reason why Sony included DVD/Blu-Ray playback in their machines is because they also make regular DVD/Blu-Ray players and they wanted to increase the market for DVDs. The success of the DVD format was largely helped by the PS2 which led to billions of people swapping out their VCRs for DVD players, manny of which were made by Sony. However, Nintendo doesn't gain anything by including a DVD playing device in their console so it's just dead weight for them to manufacture. On top of that, Iwata said that if the Wii hadn't been an amazing success Nintendo would have had to declare bankruptcy, so the most likely reason for them putting it in is simply because they couldn't afford to.

Why do DVDs even matter anymore anyway? Just torrent it.

Nintendo horribly failed yet another E3.
I disagree. They announced a multitude of games for the hardcore audience that will get them to start buying/stop trading in Wiis. On top of that, it seems they realized that they can't ignore that audience anymore and that it is the audience to focus on since they've locked down the casual market completely. They didn't do as well as Microsoft, and they would've done worse than Sony too if it weren't for the press leaks, but it wasn't nearly as bad as last year's E3 (I almost sold my Wii after that).

In the long run, E3 doesn't matter anyway. There are plenty of games that win Best of Show at E3 and then sell <500,000 copies worldwide. Winning E3 is like getting a trophy at Little League. It's nice to have at the time, but in a while nobody is going to care.

Eternal Yoshi

NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Better than last year, but not by much.

Panda, the Zelda game that does almost all of the things you ask in a Zelda game is Majora's Mask.
Ganon, the Master Sword, Princess Zelda(only once in a super short flashback), and Hyrule are not in this game. It also has more side quests than OOT and TP and is more challenging.

Wind Waker ,Twilight Princess, and the Minish Cap were too easy to me.

I did a 3 heart run of the Minish Cap. Seriously.
Wind Waker was so easy I never died, even when I tried to.
I saved 2 minutes before 7:00 and tried to die, and couldn't do so in time. Sigh.....
All of TP's bosses fall under the line of
"Once you learn how to hurt them, you've won".

napZzz

Smash Hero
Majora's mask is the best legend of zelda game.

Twilight princess is terrible.

I dont' care about difficutly level. I prefer games for the experience it gives. The graphics used for it and the textures they used just seem to be what I like in twilight. And I find it enjoyable to sail around doing the islands in wind waker.

Ocarina was my all time favorite of them awhile back, but after the new addtions it has fallen from my favor.

I like playing Majora's mask, and like the idea of all the time stuff. But it gets annoying when you want to do a specific task and you have to wait like 20 minutes for a day to go by. For example, when just starting out in the game, you can get to the clock tower in like 12 game hours, then you have to wait another 60 in game hours before you get into the clock tower for the first time.

Eternal Yoshi

NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
I like playing Majora's mask, and like the idea of all the time stuff. But it gets annoying when you want to do a specific task and you have to wait like 20 minutes for a day to go by. For example, when just starting out in the game, you can get to the clock tower in like 12 game hours, then you have to wait another 60 in game hours before you get into the clock tower for the first time.
Solution: Song of Double Time, Old Woman in Stock Pot Inn, or Scarecrow in the Bomber's hideout.

I know about all of those, but even going by half days and speeding up time to go twice as fast, you still have to wait around a lot. But that was really the only negative about the game I had with it.

Did I ever comment on your Yoshi EternalYoshi in that sigg of yours? That yoshi looks AWESOME! xD

Tero.

Smash Champion
Both Zelda Games on N64 are obv > the rest.
A Link to the Past comes after them though.

I still like all Zelda games but yeah w/e.

No one mentioned the portable ones much. I think that the Oracle of Ages/Seasons were the greatest handhelds for the series. The new DS ones seem sort of... blagh. I dont' think Link was meant to be played on a touch screen control setting.

Originally Posted by Eternal Yoshi

At 0:46 to 0:48, Kirby never fails to entertain, spits out a bomb and puts a bomb on his head. Special Delivery :laugh:

etecoon

Smash Hero
MM is probably my favorite zelda but there's a near 4 way tie between that, OoT, LTTP, and LA, all amazing games IMO. LA is good for portable, MC was kind of meh to me, I think phantom hourglass is terrible and the worst game in the series, I'd rather have them port the CD-i games than have a sequel to that.

Eternal Yoshi

NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
I dont know what those other 2 are ._.
In the Stock Pot Inn, if you stay on the first floor and go down the hall, you'll find a room with an old lady next to a fireplace. She'll offer to read you a story. One story takes 2 hours, the other takes up the rest of the day until morning.

When you get Access to the Bomber's hideout, after going through the sewer, you'll be on the first floor of the observatory. You'll know this when the music changes. On this first floor, there'll be a scarecrow that'll wants to dance. This takes up half a day.

napZzz

Smash Hero
I forgot to mention twilight princess was the ****tiest LoZ game hands down

etecoon

Smash Hero
I still like it more than the NES games and it's kind of close to wind waker...it's a good game anyway, just a few things needed to be fixed(lack of difficulty, the game seems rushed near the end and ganondorf makes a perfunctory appearance where he wasn't really involved and then he just shows up and goes "you there, lets fight", soundtrack was weaker than a lot of what came before it, wolf link...)

Eternal Yoshi

NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Oh, and if you still can't wait, get some rupeess. Buy something with them, if you can.

On my second playthrough, I managed to buy the Bomb bag as a deku scrub before I got the Ocarina of time back.

Depositing helps too.

SuSa

Banned via Administration
I beat MM out of order.

3 - 1 - 2 - 4

Because 3 - 2 - 1 - 4 is stupid.

(Talking about the order your "supposed" to do it in. And the order you CAN do it in... lol)

3 hearts ftw.

And I attempted a speed run but I failed too many times :/ (3 hearts + skipping as many things as possible... )

etecoon

Smash Hero
I always just farmed rupee's whenever I needed to waste some time, either killing the dodongo's north of clock town or the bird near the swamp entrance(bird was probably most efficient with the largest wallet but I just kind of switched to not get bored)

I never did it in MM but I used to beat LTTP dungeons out of order, had nothing better to do as a kid so I'd do silly things like half beating a dungeon to get its item and then using it to get to the next one lol

Eternal Yoshi

NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Don't attempt a speed run of ANY Zelda game. It'll drive you nuts.

Try something simpler, like Super Metroid, or Super Mario World.

Oh, the CD-I Zelda games are much worse than TP.
Unless you like wondering what's for dinner.

Tero.

Smash Champion
I'd do silly things like half beating a dungeon to get its item and then using it to get to the next one lol
LOL I did that on my first MM run and because of that I never finished the game until the Collectors Edition for GC.

Post #1000 and I've dedicated it to Majoras Mask, one of my favorite games ever yaaay :)

Tennet

Smash Champion
i've sped run ALTTP GBA though i stopped once i got to the mage boss, i forgot my time, my friend and i were racing...

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
Speed runs don't interest me that much =\, I more enjoy the multiplayer aspect of games.

Any of you homies play as much TF2 as me =P?

etecoon

Smash Hero
super metroid is the only game I've ever done speed runs for, such an amazing game for something you can 100% in like an hour and a half lol

Gates

Banned via Warnings
I sort of used to do speed runs in Metroid Fusion simply because I knew friends who did it to get all the endings, but I wasn't that good though. I think the best I ever got was 98%, 1:58.

I'm more interested in low level games tbh. I've done several llg/early class changes in FF1. I started to do a llg of FFVI but then I forgot about it.

Eternal Yoshi

NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
I did a low level run of KHII and beat the game and Sephiroth at a low level.
I wish Final Mix would come here cause I want to try critical mode.

I soon plan to try a No Sphere Grid Challenge of FFX since I did Tidus only and Auron only challenges.

Tero.

Smash Champion
Awwww I hate Speedruns.
Personally I think they are just boring.
Well everyone is free to do what they want to

SuSa

Banned via Administration
I sort of used to do speed runs in Metroid Fusion simply because I knew friends who did it to get all the endings, but I wasn't that good though. I think the best I ever got was 98%, 1:58.

I'm more interested in low level games tbh. I've done several llg/early class changes in FF1. I started to do a llg of FFVI but then I forgot about it.
I did a low level run of KHII and beat the game and Sephiroth at a low level.
I wish Final Mix would come here cause I want to try critical mode.

I soon plan to try a No Sphere Grid Challenge of FFX since I did Tidus only and Auron only challenges.
Awwww I hate Speedruns.
Personally I think they are just boring.
Well everyone is free to do what they want to

quoting so my signature shows up

and yah, speed runs suck

Top Bottom