• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

R.I.P. Kjell Anders "Nappy" Peterson.

SK92 once said that Utah Smashers are too good. Best of luck.

@Gates: If that confused you, then my mission is complete xD

And that reminds me. Where has Kenneth been this whole time >: (

Nope, I'm not watching the stream till the finals.

SuSa

Banned via Administration
We know the truth Panda!
The Truth! even told us so!
I wonder how much I have to post to make my signature to show up.
Let's find out.
1...2....3...4....5....6... is it there? No? ....7....8.....9....10...11....12.....13......14.....Still no?
LONG SAD FACE
LSF
That's one letter off of....
I wonder how much a woodchuck could chuck if a woodchuck could Chuck Norris....wait a second......
EDIT:
Still no signature?
I wonder if I should work on my own custom font and stuff.
I think I will.
For the lulz
and enter every line.
for the lulz
SECOND EDIT:
Ok I'm getting really annoyed.
Where is my trophy?
I want to see it.
and hold it
and touch it
and break it
and
and
and
and
So I hear my signature doesn't want to show itself. I found out why. *checks "Show my Signature"*

Tennet

Smash Champion
If you know the matchup, you shouldn't be losing.

My personal bad matchup is Marth, I don't know the matchup, and I constantly lose to him.
When i get my Wii, we can play a ton of wifi, unless it lags...

Tennet

Smash Champion
I SHOULD be buying it within this month, i may or may not order some other stuff i was going to get with it before so i could have it all at once, once i buy it i need to go pick brawl up from my brother's house.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
lain is an actor. One time in friendlies he did a good job of acting like I could beat his Snake with my MK. I never really knew for sure that he was sandbagging until I saw a vid of his Snake versus some MI smasher's MK (Scotu? Bowyer?).

nevershootme

Smash Master
So I just came back from an anime convention. and meh, it has it's ups and downs for me

-me and 3 others wrecked the Brawl tourney (I ran the tournament like a train wreck!), 42 entrants, all noobs to pound. even snuck in a friend into the losers bracket replacement and we all made top 4, we didn't even finish winners and losers finals, we just ended it with a free for all falcon mayhem in Hyrule Temple! All this just for Punchout, 2000 wii points, and a cheapo wireless sensor bar.

-2nd... me, being a random pimp, scoring a chick's number at the con. hot ****! Korean chick, toasty!

-3rd... and terrible, watching 10 minutes of a terrible Smash Bros. cosplay stage play, like... it was unbearable for me to explain portions, but if people insist, i'll tell the story.

-4th, and the most bonerific moment. seeing 4 chicks in catgirl outfits with full booty exposure. my response... YAHTZEE!!!!!1111!!

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Yeah, I wanna know just how bad this was lol.

Did you get anything signed by Bruce Campbell? (Like a chainsaw maybe?)

nevershootme

Smash Master
The story of... THE SUPER LIVE ACTION SMASH BROS. 3000 EPIC-BATTLE SUPERSHOW

no like seriously, a bunch of people cosplaying different smash characters, some ok, some ewww...

I only saw 10 minutes of it and it was torturous to watch the rest and had to leave.

wat i can recall was some dude cosplaying as gannon (looks accurate, but why a red ki dress lol yapping about light and dark crap), and full of corny dialoge for sure.. all voice acting from stage actors were lipsynched. some oblivious references here and there and me and my friends were shouting, ****, and Pimp slap yo face *****!.

- a fat princess peach... a hawt chick as zelda... a slightly overweight Snake... a black girl with a yellow suit and shell as bowser... mario and luigi outfits that just make me sad on the inside. a Toadette, wait what how does it fit into the smash scene. a link that's just pretty generic. and more corny dialoge

i'm surprised people laugh at corny joeks while watching a bizarre play...

-the line for Bruce Campbell was too insane, plus you had to pay $25 to even get an autograph with him. i'll post a pic in a moment.

edit again: a guy in a yoshi suit with a suit dress like a pimp, and raising fists like he wants to fight

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
Alright! Back from my super-sexy-awesome tourney today. Went from 10am to 11pm though. :p

I went all Snake, except for a couple matches where I wanted to avoid a lame Falco and a ditto with an obviously superior Snake, so I went Pikachu. Beat the Falco easy, did decently with the Snake, but still lost. And that Snake went on to the finals and fought another Pikachu, who he also won against, 3-0... And the Pika switched to MK on the last match too.

I did okay overall. Made it to quarter semi-finals in losers according to the dude at the laptop who did the brackets. My very first match was with the Snake who won the tourney, which is why I got stuck in losers. Then I lost to an MK because I don't go to enough tourneys to have enough MK experience.

As for my teaming with a Ganon. We won one game. Against people using wiimotes... Then we fought the team that won the tourney. And guess who was on that team? Both of the singles finalists (who went Snake and MK). x_x Then in losers, we fought people we already knew were better than us, because they always won before then.

So teams sucked. Singles was okay.

I am slowly becoming a not entirely horrible Snake. Woo!

I learned that I do too much of the same stuff over and over, and don't use a lot of useful tricks that we Snakes have. Like grenade grabbing for example. I gotta incorporate a bunch of new stuff into my Snake. D: And I am still missing sooooo much matchup experience.

TL;DR
Tourney was cool. I did okay, but I still suck.

Also, I'm tired of purple now.

SuSa

Afraid of Failco?

*really needs to start work on my no life matchup thread*

<_< Going to try and get 5-10 people done a week - or do it all at once and let Panda, Afro, Ally, and Candy tear it up.....(considering it will almost be all personal experience + theorycraft....)

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
Not afraid of him. Just dislike the fight. Chaingrabs are annoying and hurting myself to stop them is unappealing. Besides, pika can chaingrab him to 100. Sooooo :/

I went Snake the first match and lost. Switched to Pika and won. Switched back to Snake and won because I learned a lot of his style while fighting him with Pika.

And jeebus, 10 characters in a week sounds like a lot...

Edit: Oh, and some people were commenting about how I made a dumb move by going Snake again after the first match. I showed them! >:|

Black_Heretic

Smash Lord
Afraid of Failco?

*really needs to start work on my no life matchup thread*

<_< Going to try and get 5-10 people done a week - or do it all at once and let Panda, Afro, Ally, and Candy tear it up.....(considering it will almost be all personal experience + theorycraft....)
I can help with this if you need it, I mean, its no harmonic minor scale, but I know some matchups pretty **** good =p

nevershootme

Smash Master
you shoulda checked yourself when facing falco is to 1st thing is to blow yourself up

was he playing like double laser spam to side-b camping? tell me your experience and i'll give u my analysis of the matchup from experience

Snake dittos is something u shouldn't worry, it's a test to your own techniques as snake, it will always break down to the wire when you perform well in the matchup.

and mk... well it's mk

-really, you need to observe a ton of players at a time before your own tourney match, that way you get a standard concept of knowing your enemy. out of how many players were there and where was the tourney held (like city, state)

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
Meh, it was nothing too big. City tourney, probably like 20-30 people.

The Falco was just really spike happy. He would do anything to get me off the edge and get a spike. Always went for chaingrabs, and I completely spaced the whole blowing myself up thing when I did fight him... Not sure why... I swore I would engrave that into my brain. No double lasers though. Just stood and spammed B. I crouched...

I had several Snake dittos today. I have no problem with them. The one I was fighting was obviously better than me though. I did one ditto for the first match and lost, then switched to Pika... and lost. We did some more friendlies later and I won a few of the Snake dittos, but extremely closely, and I mostly just got lucky.

The MK i fought actually mained Toon Link, but he didn't want to use him against Snake or Pikachu, so he MK'd me.

Black_Heretic

Smash Lord
blowing yourself just isn't worth it, camp like hell until his laserz get you to around 40 then you **** him

Falco can't really do too much to Snake after the CG% is passed, we outspace him and have a severely high damage output (ftilt >.>)

If he approaches, he's looking for a grab probably, stand on a nade and roll away when it's gonna go off, it basically negates the CG if done right

55-45 Snake

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
That's pretty much what I did in our last match. Camp until I can't get CG'd anymore. Although I usually just mortar slid away and hung out on platforms to avoid lasers and still pull out nades and all that. He would always try to hit me with the reflector if I crawled toward him under the lasers, so I used that to get free hits on him. Easy to predict and avoid.

Edit: I'm actually rephrasing this part to make it sound less stupid.

Jungles Japes is bad for this person's Falco in this particular case, because his CGs were easily avoidable by my Pikachu and my jolts kept messing him up. I wouldn't recommend that place against Falco at all. Normally, Falco should be awesome there. I just got lucky.

SuSa

I can help with this if you need it, I mean, its no harmonic minor scale, but I know some matchups pretty **** good =p
All input is appreciated.

It's basically going to be a speedrun of the matchup thread covering:

A) Global Advantages
B) Global Disadvantages
^ those are ones that aren't really stage dependant..

C) Counterpicks (2 stages and why)
D) Bans (2 stages and why)
^ 2 in case 1 is banned in that tourney anyways or something

E) Tidbits (small, but useful information.

F) How to actually play the matchup (as in depth as I can get. Will cover ____'s "best" moves and how to beat those moves or avoid them. (Such as D3's bair, grab, Falco's grab MK's whorenado, etc.)

G) Matchup Ratio (possibly)

H) Comments from the pros (if I can get Panda, Afro, Candy, Ally, and a few others to comment)
^ will be done by simply quoting them on the matchup....

Hope to start in 2 weeks time (once I start vacation + visit my ex for a week and I return) and finish 3-4 weeks after that (by no lifing it all day)

napZzz

Smash Hero
vry srs discussion right now? I fail at fighting falco's so I dont wanna input much.

Top Bottom