• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

R.I.P. Kjell Anders "Nappy" Peterson.

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
LOL I know. I just fail at sarcasm...

People even asked me if I was "THE Ken" a lot, back when I was active on the AiB ladder.

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
Ken Neth. I don't get why people mix me up..

Someone even mixed me up with him in a vid of me vs SK92. They said something like Ken used to pwn SK in melee, but now SK is catching up to him in brawl. LOL

nevershootme

Smash Master
but doesn't Ken have better things to do instead of smash anyways?

it's kinda funny he has a facebook hidden deep within the internets... alot of smashers i've spotted through facebook it's so funny... from ally, atomsk, m2k, ken, justin wong (not smash related, but pro at fighting games), ninjalink, kage (melee), reflex, and more

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
Probably pretty similar. I hardly ever smash anymore, except random smashfests and tourneys. That was kind of a joke.

Actually, in a couple of months I'm going to be smashless for two years anyways.

Probably pretty similar. I hardly ever smash anymore, except random smashfests and tourneys. That was kind of a joke.

Actually, in a couple of months I'm going to be smashless for two years anyways.
Could you and me battle a few times before that happens? (Wifi would have to be used though).

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
Sure. Once I get my wifi up and running again. I haven't been able to connect at all for some reason since I moved back home.. I can't say I've tried very hard to fix it though.

Sure. Once I get my wifi up and running again. I haven't been able to connect at all for some reason since I moved back home.. I can't say I've tried very hard to fix it though.
xD Your internet works just fine, so it's probably something to do with nintendo or your wii set up.

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
Probably. I was owning on wifi just fine a month or two ago when I lived in my dorm though.. I'll troubleshoot it when I get some free time and feel like playing wifi.

Probably. I was owning on wifi just fine a month or two ago when I lived in my dorm though.. I'll troubleshoot it when I get some free time and feel like playing wifi.
Alright. So I can expect some brawls with you between a month from now and upto a few months after that. After that I cannot expect a battle against you for the next 2 years or so :laugh:

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
Alright. So I can expect some brawls with you between a month from now and upto a few months after that. After that I cannot expect a battle against you for the next 2 years or so :laugh:
Yep, basically. I'll be gone for two years, and am kind of doubting I'll get back into smash after that.

Edit: I love how I'm every other post on this page.. I guess that's what I get for being the only one up all night tonight. The one night that I'm on is the night no one decides to post. *sigh*

Yep, basically. I'll be gone for two years, and am kind of doubting I'll get back into smash after that.

Edit: I love how I'm every other post on this page.. I guess that's what I get for being the only one up all night tonight. The one night that I'm on is the night no one decides to post. *sigh*
Yeah xD You missed the 2 am fiasco like yesterday. 10 pages in 2 hours truly was the most actice thread in all of SWF at that time xD But I think it was mostly borderline spam. At least there is someone else on tonight.

Exia 00

Smash Champion
If Ken goes to Evo... I'm maining Marth xD

Not really, but it would be EP!C! lol

Btw, How can I get some god practice ? I don't know many smashers and I don't go to tourneys. Is AiB ladder and freeplay a good alternative ?

nevershootme

Smash Master
a mental concentration is one other alternative. keep up with all available techniques known and think outside of the box when playing against opponents, and adapt to their patterns.

That's my typical mindset when i'm not really practicing for any tourney (which is like every weekend), even so just takes a few games to get warmed up and ready

can also try to randomly do setups vs cpus for some explosive tricks.

The Filth

Smash Lord
Sooo...

Anyone have any token phrases after you've C4 stuck someone? :3

Favourites of mine include "Hey. Hey [insert name here]. Hey" - "WHAT?" - Down B

And the ever popular "Merry Christmas"

If Ken goes to Evo... I'm maining Marth xD

Not really, but it would be EP!C! lol

Btw, How can I get some god practice ? I don't know many smashers and I don't go to tourneys. Is AiB ladder and freeplay a good alternative ?
Wifi is the best alternative yes. It's the only reason I got where I am now since I have johns to not go anywhere for now.

Sooo...

Favourites of mine include "Hey. Hey [insert name here]. Hey" - "WHAT?" - Down B

Never C4 stuck anyone and gotten a good kill out of it.

The best I ever got almost killed them.
I had gotten hit by MK's Dair close to the edge and got hit low below the stage but close to the side. I decided to c4 recover instead, so used cypher. I tried to pull out the c4 but it stuck on them (reason they didn't hit me I think was because of the lag spike), but after that I got hit by the Uair which taken at 100% I think so I got sent up high. I exploded the c4 when they were at low percents which stopped them from trying to get back to the ledge for a time and during that time I fell close enough that I tried a nair on them. MK got caught into the hit for the full duration and the final kick hit them underneath FD and I died. But the MK managed to tech the underside, surprisingly he still had one jump left used that to get a little closer to away from the underside and used the drill rush to reach back to the ledge.

I was pissed after that. Here I was with a stock down and a failed early KO on him.

Darkshadow7827

Smash Lord
Sooo...

I usually don't talk much when I play. When I tag my friends, the spectators always say "finish him" in the mortal kombat voice, regardless of whether or not the C4 actually kills them.

Good news! If I play wifi on the EC, i don't lag out of games! I played AiB player from FL and I didn't lag out! Yes!

napZzz

Smash Hero
I used to yell sit down when I would ftilt people with game and watch and something else that was stupid when I uair'd

napZzz

Smash Hero
Something about a blow job I think. I also randomly yelled to my friend EAT YUR SALAD WITH YUR DINNER once. :D

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
i don't know. I was doing alright with Snake in teams. Not great but I'm not great with the character. Hurting my teammate didn't seem like an issue. It's not like you have time to set up a mine anyway and C4 is controlled easily enough. Although I've only teamed with a Sonic and he's fast enough to get out of the way.

napZzz

Smash Hero
i don't know. I was doing alright with Snake in teams. Not great but I'm not great with the character. Hurting my teammate didn't seem like an issue. It's not like you have time to set up a mine anyway and C4 is controlled easily enough. Although I've only teamed with a Sonic and he's fast enough to get out of the way.
Playing snake in teams isn't too hard, you just need to camp and ftilt alot XD. Tank so you're most likely offensive partner can has moar stocks to **** with, or wait until you can 2v1 because snake is a beast at it.

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
Well Sonic really messes with people. We sucked when we both did stage control because that's how we play. When we had him run amuck smacking people and me just throwing nades into the action/ftilting anyone who approached it got much easier.

Wifi ladder is good, but that is really the only redeeming thing about it. The fourms are horrible, except for the Link Board which actually has intellegent people and is better than our own Link Board.

Top Bottom