• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

R.I.P. Kjell Anders "Nappy" Peterson.

So I wonder why I'm still awake right now.
Typically when surrounded by multiple people you naturally stay awake longer I think. Or maybe you are greatly entertained by the odd comments we are all making. That could exict you enough to stay awake maybe.

Ganon violates people several times during every match. He's just so good at it you dont notice or you just enjoy it.
Failed at color for a time there.

With my 888th post of all time I take my leave as well. We have lost SuSa, Syx, and me now. Night.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yes, and only Lucas can obtain it. Unfortunately it's the worst ekans ever, which is why it's so hard to find. It's dying out.

No maybe it's awesome but lucas is the only one who can use it correctly. D:

napZzz

Smash Hero
I'm going to conform and go to sleep. Glad to help a random spamming of sorts at this time of night/morning? go down.

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
Looks like it's just you and me Spelz0rz.

Or not. I'm supposed to be sleeping so me and Moblin can get ***** in teams tomorrow.

Hehe... I just ranted about Falcon being better than Ganon, and now I just said I'm teaming with a Ganon. DURRHURR

So yeah, I'm leaving. Go back to your neopets Spelt! D:<

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
**** a lot of posts. O.o Well umm... I listen to Metal and Rock mostly. I got some rap. Country sucks. lol Hylian. I saw Enjoy the Silence when I was looking at some of your vs. Shugo vids and I grinned. Good ****.

Also Japan has AWESOME rock music. <3 Maximum the Hormone and Detroit Metal City(even if they aren't real)

Also woot Ekans.

Tero.

Smash Champion
Wow you guys talk too much.
There are like 10 pages of new posts over night ~.~ (I live in Europe).

Also I love like almost every music genre. I mostly listen too electronic (psychedelic), metal and hiphop. It's a weird combination but I like it <3

etecoon

Smash Hero
I think its funny how active we are at 2-4 am Oo its more active then 2-4..pm...
Snake's are nocturnal

What kind of music do you Snake Players listen too?
Everything! Well not everything but much easier than listing the various things I listen to, I have pretty eclectic taste, I also make ****y electronic music on my computer

only genre I can think of offhand that I explicitly don't like is country

MGS4 is a great game...for the first half. After that it becomes a great movie. I still love it though. MGS3 is definitely my favorite though. Made me want to learn how to do elaborate, lengthy, gun-spinning tricks.
hells yes MGS3, my favorite too. I don't have MGS4 though, I just watched all of its cutscenes on youtube <_< I think that took longer than playing MGS3 maybe lol

I like grabbing people from like 40 feet away and only Dedede lets me do that, which is why I'll never become a dedicates Snake main (or G&W main, or MK main).
Snake's boost grab is seriously hacker ****, they just like magically appear in your arms from like 10 50! feet away ^_^

and MK has an amazing dash grab...

IxxI

Smash Fence
you were the first person I played back when I did gamebattles lol. I know I won, I just remember it being like DDD vs. snake, cuz back then I didn't use snake.

The new title confuses me :S
Wait, is your name Work!
Work! and CO18 are the only DDD's to ever beat me.
And I've almost beaten CO18 twice.\

Oh, lol.
That was probably my friend who came over one day.
We traded games, because I didn't care much about my record.

But if I do say so myself, I did really well Summer Season. =D
I remember 2 stocking Fliphop on Gamebattles too.
I'm just naturally good at playing Diddy's for some reason.

157th out of 2000 biotches.

Stelfe

Smash Apprentice
o____________________________________________o

-Lurker-

Jesus Christ, it's snowing outside and its ****ing june.

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
Do you guys think Snake will eventually beat DeDeDe? I mean, will we progress to the point that it is a matchup in our advantage?

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
The matchup is actually pretty close to even right now. I still say 55-45 for D3, because one grab does quite a bit of damage.

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
Not to mention you're off the stage at that point. I've always hated the CG more for the position it puts you in more than the damage you get. You don't HAVE to get CGed across the stage if you camp well. But if they only get to CG you twice and you're IN that bad position I start to sadface. Bairs...Bairs from HELL... T_T

That's a change. 65-35/60-40 was the intended match-up result not to long ago for DDD against Snake.

I think the CG to the gimps were the main reason DDD had such a large advantage to big with. If you cannot rise quickly enough to get up and over DDD you are going off stage again.

It used to be a soft counter.

I feel 55-45 D3 or 50:50 even.

Stage dependant.... and I still rather bring D3 to FD more then any other stage.
For neutrals, yes. I feel that DDD keeps snake on the run too much if you give DDD platforms. Although, I prefer Norfair or RC as a CP for some reason.

Black_Heretic

Smash Lord
Jesus Christ, it's snowing outside and its ****ing june.
We had a thunder storm 3 days ago... **** yeah

And I always take D3s to Halberd, besides just being my favorite stage, I seem to do really good vs D3s and Diddys there (and I lose to them everywhere else)

and I hate Diddy, I'm so bad vs Diddy and Norcal has like 11 Diddy mains -_-

SuSa

Banned via Administration
Diddy is relatively easy. Just hold onto his bananas and learn how to use them against him for free ftilts.

Also, we are officially the most active board on SWF. I think... we constantly have 9+ people. lol

Tero.

Smash Champion
For neutrals, yes. I feel that DDD keeps snake on the run too much if you give DDD platforms. Although, I prefer Norfair or RC as a CP for some reason.

Norfair is good, but don't take D3 to RC he's too good there (and Snake is not) even though many people don't belive it.

Black_Heretic

Smash Lord
I do alright then I get hit by a banana then I get *****, but to be fair to myself, I only lose to 2 Diddys, Crispytacoz and Nanerz, so it could just be them being better than me XD

etecoon

Smash Hero
diddy used to be one of my worst matchups but yeah, when you get better at using the banana's against him it makes it a lot easier, in addition to landing ftilts and grabs from banana's if you have one around when you do get a grab it can reduce diddy's options out of dthrow, and once you get past banana's giving you trouble snake is a superior character. just something you need to practice, diddy is especially hard on people who don't have much experience with him

diddy used to be one of my worst matchups but yeah, when you get better at using the banana's against him it makes it a lot easier, in addition to landing ftilts and grabs from banana's if you have one around when you do get a grab it can reduce diddy's options out of dthrow, and once you get past banana's giving you trouble snake is a superior character. just something you need to practice, diddy is especially hard on people who don't have much experience with him
That is the case with any character pretty much.

napZzz

Smash Hero
So I just woke up. Also, diddy's gay. He cant kill you if you have good DI so just abuse that and try and camp until you can get that low percent kill idk.

So I just woke up. Also, diddy's gay. He cant kill you if you have good DI so just abuse that and try and camp until you can get that low percent kill idk.
Diddy cannot kill upwards I think, so always DI up xD

And fail nappy. I wake up 5 hours before you.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Being late to the discussion and missing pages sucks.

MGS3 is my favorite one by far.
Mainly because it's the first one I played.
I also like the secret theater and it's randomness.
One of the clips is here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QkkP-UXTN0k
Too good.

Oh, and I like watching footage of obscure games that feature Snake like this one. LOL.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_OlFC4D3cq8

Edit: I forgot. Happy 25th Birthday Tetris.

etecoon

Smash Hero
well learning matchups is always important but I think diddy is particularly a shock if you haven't dealt with him much IMO, he's different from most other characters...a lot of characters you can get by without that specific experience just by camping hard and following basics.

Black_Heretic

Smash Lord
lol, I know the matchup guys, Norcal is 32% Diddys, I just suck vs them, a personal bad matchup and the like =p

It's sad to see 12 people viewing this of which most are members and yet the boards are still slow. After that 2am (west coast time) bout last night, the snake boards just seem really slow after that, even though this is still really active compared to what it was months before xD

Gates

Banned via Warnings
I think this thread alone is more active than the rest of SWF.

Being late to the discussion and missing pages sucks.
Doesn't matter, AFAIK they didn't say anything important.

I also like the secret theater and it's randomness.
One of the clips is here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QkkP-UXTN0k
Too good.
lol haven't seen that in a while.
My favorite was this one:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IADyel4bnyk

Edit: I forgot. Happy 25th Birthday Tetris.
I was wondering about that. First I saw the new google logo and then the ice cream man drove down my street playing the Tetris theme song, so I figured it was some kind of anniversary or something. Is it really 25 years though? That would be pre-NES wouldn't it?

Norfair is good, but don't take D3 to RC he's too good there (and Snake is not) even though many people don't belive it.
It's true. Dedede can even beat Kirby really well on this stage.

I love Norfair. Do people hate it cause there's not much ground to work with?
No, people hate it because MK can just plank all night and all day there. That and the lava, but that's a minor issue compared to planking.

Do you guys think Snake will eventually beat DeDeDe? I mean, will we progress to the point that it is a matchup in our advantage?
I doubt you'll ever be able to get it in your advantage but I certainly think that it could become 50:50 someday. Right now I think it's closer to 55:45 Dedede

(I live in Europe).

Also I love like almost every music genre. I mostly listen too electronic (psychedelic), metal and hiphop. It's a weird combination but I like it <3
What was that someone was saying earlier about stereotypes? :colorful:

ganon's dair is sexy. @_@
It is.

What about if you pick Ekans red Costume?
You immediately lose?
Maybe that's my problem...

Ganon begins with G.

G belongs in the G tier.

G tier also stands for Gravel Tier

Gravel is earth.

Earth is dirt.

Dirt is the sort of thing that sticks to the bottom of your shoe.

Your shoe is part of your foot.

Your foot is apart of you.

YOU ARE GANON!!!
This blew my mind.

Top Bottom