• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

R.I.P. Kjell Anders "Nappy" Peterson.

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
I'm almost done with the MK chart x_x

@Nappy: Probably something to do with Christmas. The ROB looks cool

saviorslegacy

My avater is not a Sheik avatar.
I hate you Snakes... you freakin get an aerial grab release on EVERY CHARACTER IN THE ENTIRE FREAKIN GAME!!!!!!
If Sheik had that **** then her GR would be super broken, but noooooo... lets give it to Snaaaaaaake. Stupid piece of crap serpent. -_-

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
All characters can perform their B-moves out of a dash. In other words: you can cancel your dash with any B-Move, even reversed ones. Individual players have made use of reversing B-moves on the ground [Mr-R with Marth, Masashi with Pit, JJ with Wolf] but I don't see this used on a larger scale.

Are there no Snake players, that do this? Being able to cancel your dash at any time by pulling out a grenade sounds pretty neat. If you dash towards the opponent and then B-reverse a grenade you will turn your back to the opponent and the opponent is at his closest to hit the grenade. That sounds like a pretty neat mix-up to improve Snake options out of a dash.

:059:

SuSa

Banned via Administration
Then we have limited options....

B-reversing:
Hope we don't get hit (tbh since it'd be a tradeoff not that bad of an option)
Throw grenade.... away from opponent?
Shield to drop the grenade.
Shield+Roll and retreat.

Not B-reversing:
We can't grab.
We can't throw the grenade AT you.
We can still do all of the above.

I am going to claim name to an incredibly pointless series of movements and attempt to make it seem legit.

Reverse Grenade Rush (RGR)
Dash -> SH -> b-reversal

By B-reversal, I do not mean momentum changing, but rather merely changing the direction snake faces while flying forward. So during the SH he is facing forward and is in the air forward. Then he does the reverse nade which will cause him to face the other way, but still keep flying in the air going forward from the point he jumped from.

The idea behind this is that snake always pulls a grenade behind him. By grenade reversing in the air, this grenade gets sent closer to the person meaning any attack at you will likely cause the grenade to explode. Flying in the air means you could potientially end up behind someone if they fail to explode the grenade or hit you. Because held grenades cause zero landing lag, you can go straight into a shield, dodge, roll, or grab once you hit the ground.

The benefits, you are likely to trade hits with someone by doing a kamikaze rush at someone. Good hunting snakes.

Edit: I suppose one could pivot at the last second before doing the short hop allowing them to already be facing away from their opponent when they jump. Then merely pull a grenade.
Reverse Grenade Rush (Method 2)
Dash -> pivot -> SH -> grenade pull

My first impression of sailor was forever tainted by my cousins obsession with Sailor Moon. Everytime I think of someone talking about a sailor, they enter my mind. Good thing I do not know anyone in the navy...

I had considered reading that one since it is still getting updated. But, I never knew if it would be good or not. Also, I do not understand how it got labeled ecchi o.0 nothing about it seems like it could be anythign related to that. Psychological I coudl agree with.

SuSa

Few panty shots so far. Classifies as ecchi once it hits that.

It's been amazing but I can't find 7-10 (11th volume gets released today with an OVA)

I'm trying to find if any sub groups will be doing the OVA. I can't wait until my Japanese is good enough that I can just watch raws..... never have to wait on a sub group again....

Max113

Smash Apprentice
Hey, I wanna try to get into the Snake forums. So, what's up guys? :]

Savon

Smash Ace
I have been playing Drakes Fortune 2 the last few days. Good lord that is a good game. The gameplay is nice and fluid, but it feels like I am playing a kickass Indiana Jones movie minus the lame parts.

OhMySailboat

Smash Rookie
Pretty good SuSa, and yourself?

Savon, I think I played the demo for that game and did nothing but parachute around. I think that's the game your talking about. Not too sure though.

Salut everyone.

Yeah, DK jumps up higher than usual. The last one with CF seems really useful to him. The guy managed to have access to his 2nd jump. Although, I think the lag got canceled on his UpB which never really took away a 2nd jump to begin with.

etecoon

Smash Hero
For thouse of you who have not watched Shiki, please do, it is 3 eps from finishing and it is plain amazing.
*has no idea what this is but recognizes shiki as one of spam's former tags when he played, interest develops*

*realizes that the last anime yume recommended me was the most depressing thing I'd seen since blue gender, loses interest*

: p

why do I still have this thread bookmarked and come to this board so often, I haven't really used snake as one of my top characters in a long time...actually I pretty much only play MK and marth now aside from going random and stuff

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
*has no idea what this is but recognizes shiki as one of spam's former tags when he played, interest develops*

*realizes that the last anime yume recommended me was the most depressing thing I'd seen since blue gender, loses interest*

: p

why do I still have this thread bookmarked and come to this board so often, I haven't really used snake as one of my top characters in a long time...actually I pretty much only play MK and marth now aside from going random and stuff
I don't remember ever recommending School Days... Unless you are talking about Angel Beats, but that was awesome.

SuSa

@etecoon

5 Centimeters per second

Watch that and try not to cry.

Alternatively:

Nearly anything by KEY. The biggest tearjerker studio around.

Or:
Grave of the Fireflies

If you want a really really short (6 chapters) manga:
Anonymous

Anonymous makes me cry just thinking about the **** that went down. T_T

Darkshadow7827

Smash Lord
Wait, so is 5 Centimeters per second made by KEY? I love KEY! Their drawing style and animation is so beautiful. They could make a great graphically amazing fighting anime if they wanted to, although the story would probably go back to love or something. What are some other titles made by KEY?

SuSa

They didn't make 5cm/s.... CoMix Wave Inc. made 5cm/s. They also made "The Place Promised in Our Early Days" and "Voices of a Distant Star"

Both of which are also amazing.

KEY dump:
Clannad
Air
Kanon
Planetarian: Chiisana Hoshi no Yume
Tomoyo After: It's a Wonderful Life
Little Busters!
Kud Wafter

They could make a great graphically amazing fighting anime if they wanted to,
LOL... no.

Key makes tearjerker visual novels (and anime adaptations)

"Hey see this girl? Fell in love with her?
Yea. She dies.
GG bro."

Max113

Smash Apprentice
So, I take a bit of a break from smash (Blazblue: Contimuum Shift :awesome:) and when I get back I see that Fatal suddenly got amazing. I was like :O then I was like :D then I saw that there aren't any videos, so I was like :glare:.

Top Bottom