• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

R.I.P. Kjell Anders "Nappy" Peterson.

LOL the sorrow is always such a pain in the *** for me, I kill like everyone I come across :/
I remember trying to do it for the first time I ever played. I had no idea how to use the revival thing at all. So I had to go through that thing many times before I figured out how to use it. lol

napZzz

Smash Hero
I also just kill everything...cqc is so broken, the body slam-head shot or just the throat slit makes things so clean and simple

Darkshadow7827

Smash Lord
It's funny. In MGS3 when you get a nutshot, the soldiers b**** at you when walking down the river. I remember I did a 3rd or 4th playthrough with cloaking and just shot everyone in the balls. It's was hilarious walking down the Styx (moar liek Syx amirite?). Also, the first time I played through, I thought he killed me and it was game over, so I just reset haha. Needless to say, I never use revival tooth and took me so long before I figured it out. Stupid Sorrow.

TwentyTwo

Smash Ace
For calzorz, even though i'm a couple days late
http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-23-49-en-70-2ola.html

The asian squat is actually generally harder for taller people because i'm asian and I'm like 6'1, and I did have trouble doing it, when i was first adjusting to it. If you have ever done a regular squat working out though with weights, it's much easier to understand where to start to do the asian squat. Generally the problem with a lot of people is they try to keep their feet straight when in a lot of cases people just need to turn their feet outward and their knees outward fo make it comfortable. I can do it for like ever, but when i stand up my legs feel like jelly lol.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Years fellas.

OnlyUseMeNades

Smash Journeyman
I've never played a MGS game

I was talking with my friend and we discussed how his previous use of Diddy, Icys and MK has greatly improved his Oli game.

Summary:

Diddy: Control of projectiles and spiking
Icys: Keeping track of partners, having to sync often
MK: Offstage game to help the weakest part of Oli

Do any of you have a similar experience?

I thought, and the only one I could think of is spacing from Marth

Ralph Cecil

Smash Champion
NNID
RalphCecil
3DS FC
4098-4850-8033
Yeah playing around with Diddy Kong and Marth both helped me as well =D I also think that Ike has helped me with timing for slower moves. I think playing Diddy Kong some can help with the matchup, or atleast it did for me.

napZzz

Smash Hero
I play just about every top tier (and other random chars.)...I rarely play snake outside of serious fests occasionally and tourney/mm's

I feel liek it helps me to play other characters more and get a feel of them, so I can abuse their own weaknesses easier through first hand experience on what works against them

napZzz

Smash Hero
I've been thinking of trying to play matchups on the reverse side practicing them (as in vs. snake) if its a character I'm having issues with, like the olimar mu. I'm done doing falco vs. snake...going diddy for that one. I know he's not a diddy counter, its a really even mu, but I feel alot more comfortable in the mu and understand it, just a personal thing, like how shadow (the east coast mk) plays wario vs. mk...its just what he feels better with. Dunno if he still does that tho...lol

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
The best way to learn how to deal with a problem is to look at it from all angles. Playing as the other character to get a feel for their range, speed, starting and ending lag etc is a great way to learn about problem MUs. You may get a new character too in the process. It's how I ended up with DDD and Falco.

False

Smash Lord
NNID
Falsified
Unfortunately there isn't a single good Falco that I've played..

All I know is for my first experience I'll probably be tilting into dat shield

Now that I think about it I'm missing out on a lot of important match ups.. Ditto, Falco, MK

Ralph Cecil

Smash Champion
NNID
RalphCecil
3DS FC
4098-4850-8033
Yeah I have a bit of trouble myself with finding someone to do a ditto matchup with me. I live in the IN/KY area and there isn't too many Snakes in my area that I see, except I saw Infern at the most recent tourney once, but that's about as far as it goes for me. But yeah I know what you mean about having trouble finding people to practice with for matchups. o-o

ErikG

Smash Ace
I wish there was someone else in New England who plays Snake.
Bizkit, Fatal, Yume, Tofum, C.awesum, myself, etc....

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
Grammar Nazi in me wants to put whoever made this title into a camp and possibly put them in an oven.

:3

RATED

Smash Lord
anyone here played FFXIII? if so did you played against orphan and beat him, anyone noticed when he says " Lol" in his phrase I LOL'd so hard at that stuff jajajaja

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
Who needs weed when you can just get high off the magic of friendship?

I can do this crap all day you guys.

MGS3 had the patriot as a bonus item. Sad you could play on a lower difficulty, get it, then go to a harder difficulty to abuse it to death. Just power yourself through the whole thing. But the surrow was a pain if you killed as many people as I did...

Same thing etecoon, ask me to guide you through any zelda level, and I cannot help. Get me in the moment, and I can help.
LOL the sorrow is always such a pain in the *** for me, I kill like everyone I come across :/
I remember trying to do it for the first time I ever played. I had no idea how to use the revival thing at all. So I had to go through that thing many times before I figured out how to use it. lol
I also just kill everything...cqc is so broken, the body slam-head shot or just the throat slit makes things so clean and simple
Lol :awesome::awesome:

I killed everyone in my way at MGS 3 at my first time. I was with the sorrow for an hour. That's why I try not to kill anyone in an MGS games. I could expect the unpredictable. Those enemies like Psycho Mantis and the Sorrow require something to do outside the game itself O_o. Creepy... But interesting.

Top Bottom