• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

R.I.P. Kjell Anders "Nappy" Peterson.

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
diddys abuse spotdodge a lot. predict once and you got a stock, provided you're pro enough to carry it out.

people used to complain that things like ic cgs or diddy's single nana lock were too difficult, but they have quickly become pretty standard in high level play. i don't see why this has to be any different. freakin hard though.

SuSa

Banned via Administration
People complained IC's CG's were difficult like 2 years ago. Fthrow is the same timing for the entire cast and is stupidly easy to learn that after 11 months of not playing I could do it.

Diddy's SNL is easy it was just impractical. Recently they've found ways to make it more practical.

Difference between noobs, being practical, and being impractical and difficult.

BTW this is where I've been:
http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/profile/Tailstail/

No lifing my way into the top 1,000 players.

napZzz

Smash Hero
the brawl community really really really sucks

in a game where there isn't much to learn, we cry and complain at the first sign of things that could take *gasp* PRACTICE!

plus its a bunch of dumb kids playing a nintendo game, etc.

SuSa

I don't care about the practice. It's how practical it is.

I've learned a ton of bull**** that has 1-3 frame windows or complex inputs. The difference is I focus on **** that's actually practical and applicable.

I mean hell.... I didn't get over 230 FC's on FFR without practicing a lot. =P

You have FC'd 30.28% of all public songs.
Ohhh yahhhhhh..... :V 20% til my goal.

napZzz

Smash Hero
it was more aimed at my depression in the fact that there aren't any ice climbers out there after the game has been out for 3 years that can chaingrab consistently

SuSa

Fthrow works til the edge. The others change time based off of % (room for error) and character (different timings)

It's impossible to commit them all to muscle memory and in many cases the frame window is 1-2 frames. Totally possible for error. Especially when having to do it over and over and over again. It's not just hitting a 1 frame window for a combo like in other fighter games. It's hitting that 1 frame 20+ times in a row.

I'm not surprised at all. I'd be more surprised if someone COULD do that.

napZzz

Smash Hero
Fthrow works til the edge. The others change time based off of % (room for error) and character (different timings)

It's impossible to commit them all to muscle memory and in many cases the frame window is 1-2 frames. Totally possible for error. Especially when having to do it over and over and over again. It's not just hitting a 1 frame window for a combo like in other fighter games. It's hitting that 1 frame 20+ times in a row.

I'm not surprised at all. I'd be more surprised if someone COULD do that.
I think you make it out to be harder than it actually is. With enough practice, it WILL become closer to muscle memory and as long as you understand which character belongs in what category of the different timings, you should be able to adapt consistently and keep it going

the issue I see with it is just that players crack under pressure, swordgard vs. inui is a good example, his cg's were flawless in pools then as his bracket matches went on vs. him it seemed like his nerves got to him and he started dropping his cg's and it caused a loss =/

etecoon

Smash Hero
I still can't chain grab with IC's at all, I just have bad timing/tech skill in general :/

napZzz

Smash Hero
I can do midweights down just fine including diff variations, its the ones in heavier classes that are more difficult to do

I practice them sometimes when I'm bored, I started awhile back when I wanted to use ic's as an oli counter and had a random interest in them then gave up (like I do with all my side projects)

rap3

I practice with ICs and I can do it on midweights and below too.

Man, the snake boards is boring T_T

I gonna try out Mario for fun.

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
I practice them sometimes when I'm bored, I started awhile back when I wanted to use ic's as an oli counter and had a random interest in them then gave up (like I do with all my side projects)
i did the exact same thing lol.

and i can still cg mk from 0 to death without looking at the screen. its really not difficult cause i practiced it heaps at one point. this infinite will be the same way.

every diddy will take you to fd if you don't ban it. once there, predict a single spotdodge or roll, mindgame them into shielding (assuming you'd throw a banana). or even punish something on ps and then suddenly you could be up a stock. we've seen 9B and nagahari win games with it, i think its time a snake did too. and given that you probably wouldn't get a chance to start this near 0%, you should only have to do a few cycles before diddy is at utilt/bair kill percents. practical if you can master it imo. and im edging closer to doing it :)

So how come you all still post here? You could easily forget these boards and then play smash like it was indeeded to be. YOu would never have to deal with the newbies nearly as often.

I don't care about the practice. It's how practical it is.
Most of the stuff I have done with Snake is pratically worseless :awesome:

Darkshadow7827

Smash Lord
People complained IC's CG's were difficult like 2 years ago. Fthrow is the same timing for the entire cast and is stupidly easy to learn that after 11 months of not playing I could do it.

Diddy's SNL is easy it was just impractical. Recently they've found ways to make it more practical.

Difference between noobs, being practical, and being impractical and difficult.

BTW this is where I've been:
http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/profile/Tailstail/

No lifing my way into the top 1,000 players.
I have an FFR account. I haven't played in ages. For some reason, the arrows still move blockily on my screen. It's annoying. I suck at FFR now :/ I also find that a lot of the users there are early teens with "internet relationships." I just don't like that atmosphere.

i did the exact same thing lol.

and i can still cg mk from 0 to death without looking at the screen. its really not difficult cause i practiced it heaps at one point. this infinite will be the same way.

every diddy will take you to fd if you don't ban it. once there, predict a single spotdodge or roll, mindgame them into shielding (assuming you'd throw a banana). or even punish something on ps and then suddenly you could be up a stock. we've seen 9B and nagahari win games with it, i think its time a snake did too. and given that you probably wouldn't get a chance to start this near 0%, you should only have to do a few cycles before diddy is at utilt/bair kill percents. practical if you can master it imo. and im edging closer to doing it :)
Shmot too pro. I'm rootin for ya man!

RATED

Smash Lord
I can CG(ICS) almost everyone in the cast, MK is super easy, Kirby is a gift given to you( mega easy), marth is easy and some others. Troublesome IMO : Diddy and Wario.

I am not sure why people even bother. Do you seriously intend to use those characters against someone good? The only time you probably ever pull it out is for laughs and those less skilled than you. Why put in a lot of time for merely those occasions?

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
Ally is a traitor who went to the dark side.

I mad.

And..its:

You, me, Nappy, Nope? ( i dunno if hes going), I dunno. I doubt Akashi is going. I'm the only Snake in MI that travels. There aren't really any in MO, KS, NE or WI. Maybe Likang and Renegade are going. I dont know about the East Coast either.

clowsui

Smash Legend
Ally is a traitor who went to the dark side.

I mad.

And..its:

You, me, Nappy, Nope? ( i dunno if hes going), I dunno. I doubt Akashi is going. I'm the only Snake in MI that travels. There aren't really any in MO, KS, NE or WI. Maybe Likang and Renegade are going. I dont know about the East Coast either.
Akashi's going, him and I have been talking about this tournament for a while.
Ren quit.
Likang is going last time we talked.

napZzz

Smash Hero
the midwest only has a few snakes, we dont really even have any "randoms" that play snake :/

(as far as I can tell anyways)

the midwest only has a few snakes, we dont really even have any "randoms" that play snake :/

(as far as I can tell anyways)
I might as well be called a Snake random. I go all falco against someone who really beats me a lot of the time. One guy I know will go snake for dittos in brawl, he plays melee though.

Top Bottom