• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

R.I.P. Kjell Anders "Nappy" Peterson.

I hate Olimar. I hate him more than MK or DDD.

Diddy isn't so hard to be honest. He can be annoying but still.... There is something that makes him not so hard. I don't know.

After playing for so long, you start to remember where all the places where Snake shines and where snake fails. So often, that you wonder how could it be anything other than even.

I am really interested in what is Nintendo's next being thing will be. They have always been different in someway. Although, that major difference has not happened since the wii. NES -> SNES -> N64 -> Gamecube was nothing really impressvie. Merely more powerful hardware. The same with the handhelds. Gameboy -> Color -> GBA -> SP. It was with the wii and ds that things really took off in offering new ways to play games. We have touch screen, motion controls, and finally 3D. I highly doubt that 3D will be a staple of next home console. 3D without glasses requires specilized screens. With glasses is a burden. The only thing I can think of is an update with hardware to enable better graphics. That technology should be so cheap now that they should be able to copy the old 360 graphics somehow and make it dead cheap.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
I am personally not interested in 3D. I do not want to play a 3D game. Maybe I am just afraid of change =/

I am personally not interested in 3D. I do not want to play a 3D game. Maybe I am just afraid of change =/
I have seen what 3D can do without the glasses approach. I believe it adds a nice layer to the gaming wolrd which would certainly be interesting to play through.

I am a bit hopeful for the increased power of the 3DS for the most part. After seeing they will be attempting a PS2 style port of the game, and it actually looks better! than the orginal, I think once they stop ripping off old games and get some new ones, it could be a decent system. Also, maybe with a bit of a price drop.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
I don't think that you should be afraid of Diddy now. That infinite is really hard to do so only Gnes and ADHD would be seen doing it, not to mention the damage output of the bananas being low means that if an error is made, our ftilt can even out the damage done by Diddy.

Also, we can do it back to him and utilt when we are done.

etecoon

Smash Hero
it's harder for us to do it to him than for him to do it to us AFAIK, more specifically that there was always an infinite that was just considered unrealistically difficult to do and now diddy has an easier version where other characters only have the difficult one

though snake is harder to infinite than MK, not really worried about the infinite as snake but I still despise diddy as a character overall

napZzz

Smash Hero
it doesn't look hard as far as I can tell, I think I'm gonna learn it since there a few good ikes in the midwest I have to deal with and this could be useful

lol I was just watchin that SuSa, I went through that guys channel cuz I've seen people link me to things on there but never really checked it out

Gnes

Smash Master
The SNL wasn't hard. Just not practical.

Now they've found a way to make it practical... because every time they've ever nanner locked you - they could have SNL infinited you.

We also cannot infinite him as Snake. Our jump is too slow.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbAYGJTzHMU&feature=BF&list=ULVPV9ZL6mZcc&index=20

lmao
This is wrong. The distance that your at when you've hit them with the first naner decides if you can link it into the infinite. Regardless its hard enough to hit snake with two naners on the field than to think about infiniting him out of it.

The challenge is getting above someone close enough to be able to do lock. I do not doubt it could be executed correctly given a competent player. It is just that most brawl players are babies who never had to work very hard with tech skill to be any good. Therefore, they think it is not possible.

Gnes

Smash Master
What r u talking about, no is talking about the locks themselves being difficult, it's pulling them off in a tournament set without dedicating your entire strategy to landing it. In other words implementing it into a regular style of play.

Anyone who has a hour to spare can learn them easily.

hey g-nes hows that 12500 treating ya. And yeah i played dfear for a bit a he was doing the infinite pretty easily but not on snake. With snake you have to hit him in the knees or it doesn't work. I'm not too sure about the details with the infinite but its harder to do on snake than on most characters

napZzz

Smash Hero
I wonder why it is that I cant stand when people spell poorly on the internet or use bad grammar that isn't intentional

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
Probably because it makes people look dumb/lazy.

I'm also guessing you, like myself, hate dumb/lazy people. Especially when you see it happen incessantly from the same person(s).

Probably because it makes people look dumb/lazy.

I'm also guessing you, like myself, hate dumb/lazy people. Especially when you see it happen incessantly from the same person(s).
The reason why some of my posts have some wrong grammar is because of accidental wrong spelling which I don't bother changing it. Another reason is cause of my horrible eye sight :urg:

The reason why some of my posts have some wrong grammar is because of accidental wrong spelling which I don't bother changing it. Another reason is cause of my horrible eye sight :urg:
^This contains 32 words.

"The reason why some of my posts contain improper English is because I incorrectly spell words, and I am often times too lazy to correct myself. Another reason might be because of my vision. It is not perfect."

After an attempt to inflate the aforementioned quoted sentences, I managed to only increase the word count by 6 words...

The undeniable--and incorrectly reasoned-- conclusion is that I am horrible at trying to inflate writing.

Max113

Smash Apprentice
I just remembered, has anyone else noticed that we can crouch under Ganon's get up attack? I found that out while playing with Terodactyl Yelnats a while back, quite funny to watch. XD

napZzz

Smash Hero
lool, I knew I could crouch under most of ganons moves but not under his get up attack....thats just embarassing

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
just so everyone knows, i'm still diligently practicing our infinite on diddy. its pretty stupidly difficult, but it's slowly coming along. ironically the main thing i mess up with is trying to do it too fast...

I forget, but is that the thing with dropping/insta-throwing nanners > jump > pickup > insta-throw?
There is a better way to do it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YU1TeT04b9A
Start looking at 3:15-ish. Stock ends at about 3:45.
So diddy manages to get 170% of damage and a kill in 30 seconds of doing it while all keeping it to around the space of a single platform on Battlefield.

The process is SH insta-throw down -> airdodge -> Dthrow -> Repeat.

Top Bottom