• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

R.I.P. Kjell Anders "Nappy" Peterson.

jbandrew

Smash Lord
You are all wrong, Wind waker was the best.

There was actually one zelda game I could never beat... I don't remember the name but the cave for it or something was just too hard. I give up on zelda games *shrug*

cept Windwaker, cuz its the best ;)

etecoon

Smash Hero
I like wind waker and don't mean that as a diss on the game if it came off as one

but phantom hourglass was by far the worst game in the series and spirit tracks wasn't particularly great either. wind waker worked for what it was, a pleasant diversion from the much darker OoT and MM, but I don't like how it has become the standard of the series somehow and I have very little hope for skwyard sword knowing that it's going in such a similar direction.

I like wind waker and don't mean that as a diss on the game if it came off as one

but phantom hourglass was by far the worst game in the series and spirit tracks wasn't particularly great either. wind waker worked for what it was, a pleasant diversion from the much darker OoT and MM, but I don't like how it has become the standard of the series somehow and I have very little hope for skwyard sword knowing that it's going in such a similar direction.
The idea of using zelda to promote the usage of the DS I think might have been too appealing.

I have to find that game with the cave you could not beat.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro

so uh how was twilight princess like wind waker??? to me twilight was just as good as OoT and MM those 3 are my fav's thus far. and ima give skyward sword a chance you never know might be worth it.

etecoon

Smash Hero
so uh how was twilight princess like wind waker??? to me twilight was just as good as OoT and MM those 3 are my fav's thus far. and ima give skyward sword a chance you never know might be worth it.
when did I say twilight princess was like wind waker?

obviously the knock on TP has always been that it tried so hard to be OoT 1.5

I do like TP though, just not as much as OoT or MM. but excepting TP, 3 of the last 4 zelda games(including SS) are more modeled after WW than either of the 64 games

napZzz

Smash Hero
I might as well put out my zelda tier list as to what i've played anyways

MM
OoT
WW
phantom hourglass
TP
spirit tracks

Yes, I really dislike TP that much

etecoon

Smash Hero
I don't understand how anyone doesn't have phantom hourglass at the bottom unless they've actually played the CDi games

if you take the handhelds out of it I agree with you though

MM
OoT
LTTP
WW
TP
LoZ
Zelda II

IMO

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
I have never once completed a Zelda game.

I have TP, a ROM of ALttP, and borrowed a copy of OoT from a friend, never finished any of them.

ITP, I got to the Twilight Temple (close to the end I know) and just stopped playing
ALttP, I think I had just beat Ganon the first time, and I stopped playing because I didn't care anymore.
OoT, I got the Water Temple and then the friend asked for the game back so I never finished, but never felt at all compelled to finish it.

and I main Ganon in Melee lol.

etecoon

Smash Hero
ITP, I got to the Twilight Temple (close to the end I know) and just stopped playing
I did this in FFX, I think I'm like 3/4ths or more through the game but I can't bring myself to bother playing it, it's more of a chore than a game. I've been playing that for like a year because I'll play it for a day or two and then ignore it for months lol

napZzz

Smash Hero
I got towards the end of FFX and quit

because its ******** and i was just trying to play through it for the sake of just beating it, because i've basically beat every FF game I've managed to get my hands on. But FFX was a ****ing disgrace to the series

etecoon

Smash Hero
I got towards the end of FFX and quit

because its ******** and i was just trying to play through it for the sake of just beating it, because i've basically beat every FF game I've managed to get my hands on. But FFX was a ****ing disgrace to the series
LMAO

this

literally

is the same situation I have with this game

I don't like it, the characters annoy the **** out of me, but I'm so close to the end that I'm somewhat trying to force myself to finish it anyway.

etecoon

Smash Hero
that's not a plot twist, you find that out pretty early on lol

someone should just make a montage of sin destroying **** because that's really the best thing about that game <_<

napZzz

Smash Hero
o I must've missed something then because I didn't notice it until the end

I died during the last boss then sold it, and watched the ending on yt

etecoon

Smash Hero
youtube is the best thing ever, I did the same thing with silent hill 2, survival horror games are stupid to play because they all have horrible controls

MGS4 too because I don't have a PS3 :/

∫unk

Smash Master
I remember logging 90 hours into that game so my Yuna could whack people with her staff for 99999.

Last boss was lame and easy.

I liked FFX more than FFX-2... and those are the only 2 FF's I've played. I stay away from RPG's now :p

napZzz

Smash Hero
final fantasy tier list of mine

FF 6
tactics advance
FF 4
FF 7
FF 5
FF 8
FF 9

dont care enough for the rest. I usually run cloud/cid/vincent when I play FF VII. Also, FF 6 is my favorite game period. raapppeeeee

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
You find out Sin is Jecht within like.. the first 15 minutes of the game.
Yup. here's another twist.

It was his sled.

My FFX party all have over 50,000 HP and can do 99999.
The Calm Lands Guy's monsters provide a better challenge.

I do know one thing: Defeating Nemesis in a No Escape No Sphere Grid No Aeons No overdrive run isn't possible.

I also finished Tidus only and Auron only challanges too.

I'd imagine Lulu only being the hardest, especially in the beginning.

etecoon

Smash Hero
haven't played tactics advance but I really liked tactics. I can't really rank them too accurately because it's been forever with most of them, I basically haven't played most of them since 2005

so...I'm now a wifi snake lol. stopped going to tournaments and I don't feel like playing MK now. ftilting in lag all day sooon

napZzz

Smash Hero
I missed finding out sin is jecht at the start of the game then LOL

it was too ****ty for me to pay hard enough attention D:<

napZzz

Smash Hero
why would you be biased?

I think most FF games are opinion based up to 9, MAYBE 10

(/my own bias)

SuSa

Banned via Administration
Because I for one could give 2 ****s about graphics.

FFXII (not X-2) sucked ****.

FF7 was great. FF10 was amazing. FF8 was pretty good. FF6 beats FF9 by a mile. FF2 > FF1 suprisingly enough. And between FF2 and FF3 I can't decide.

I never played FF4 or FF5.

FFX-2 is ****ing laughable.

I don't consider Tactics, Crystal Chronicles, or FFXI to be part of the FF games just because of their "style". Tactics was amazingly fun - broken - but fun. CC was fun-yet-stupid depending how many friends you had... FFXI is well... just not the same.

napZzz

Smash Hero
me neither. I like6 and 7 the most basically :D some people say 7 gets overyhyped,but I feel liek....it was just so good

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
FFX-2 had a cool battle system is you look past the girliness of it.
Thankfully the later half of the game is not as girly.

Could've been better though.

FFIV - Hmm..... the SNES version is a decent to play it, despite the blind idiot translation.
If you HAVE to have a decent translation, play it on the GBA.

Also, the GBA version has the ATB bar visible, unlike the SNES version.

The DS version I hear is kind of a base breaker.

It's a good fantasy though it shows it's age in comparison to VI.

Savon

Smash Ace
I have never had a remote interest in a final fantasy game. I have never played one, and quite frankly I do not think I would enjoy them. Am I like the total oddman out in this convo?

etecoon

Smash Hero
probably. I think FF and square in general has been trash for the last 10 years or so but I like their older ****

RATED

Smash Lord
I don't like LoZ overall, but I liked Wind Waker, the only thing I hated was how slow the sailing! Was so annoying but everything else was great.

Savon

Smash Ace
Only Zelda game I played was Twilight Princess. It was pretty good, but I HATED the portions of the game as a wolf. It felt so forced and unnecessary. It was a game that I am glad I did not buy. I played through it once, enjoyed myself, and never touched again.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
i didnt feel the wolf parts as "forced" they were interesting albeit not as playing as link himself but nontheless interesting.

SO WHOS GONNA GET DKC FOR WII?

I never got into final fanstasy much because I never was exposed to it much. I literally had to force myself to play the game and it ended up being one of the really old ones which was confusing to follow and never really liked it much. Since then, I can say I enjoy it, but I never can still get into it much.

Dabuz trolling the snake boards 10pros

Top Bottom