• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

R.I.P. Kjell Anders "Nappy" Peterson.

Second one Xeylode.
Why is everyone bias towards my old color of RoyalBlue?
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=292269

The only thing that is bothering me at this point is that at school he basically said that a games quality should be based on the depth of the game. I personally think that using depth as a huge determiner is unfair to many games that are of high quality, but have an extremely simple concept.
At lunch today I brought up the example of a CoD game. I said that what if I took a CoD game and made it hyper realistic in every sense of the word as a way of making the game deeper. Die once and you cannot replay the game, your character gets tired, hungry, sleepy, has to use the restroom, is bored, sick, etc. Guns jam, guns break, no healing unless you leave the entire battle and go to a medical station.

I asked him if I did all of this would I have a game of higher quality than the first CoD game....he said yes it would be a game of higher quality. I personally think he is just being completely biased and unrealistic, but I figured why not share this with you all as well.
I'll read that thread in a bit, but I need to reply to this block of quotes first. I have come to the conclusion that probably we all have.

Everyone simply has too many different tastes in videogames to appeal to all of us. Each one of us runs into the issue of being able to only play a handful of games that are great in our eyes, and the rest are junk.

This lead me to the idea that there really is no issue with video games at all. On the contrary I think video games are at an all time high. The strength of video games in my opinion is not how many titles can rank up to our 10/10 list, but rather the sheer diversity of the games themselves.

Look at how many different ways we can enjoy games now. We have touch screen hand helds, old style controls, movements, soon to have 3D. No only that, but there is now so many different ways to play them all due to the genres. Strategy to action. Sim to adventure. It seems impossible that someone cannot find something that they like. Everyone should be able to find something they find appealing.
Golden Sun Dark Dawn <3, today I have no life, tomorrow I do ****ING college stuff :( :( T__T just leaving my rant and venting here.
I got it as well. But, I am waiting until the weekend.
If Ally can make it from Canada, you have no johns! ;D
If some people can go all the way to japan, no johns at all for anyone about not being able to go cross country.

etecoon

Smash Hero
uh, yes people have legitimate money/time johns, not everyone can dedicate that much to traveling to play a video game lol

Savon

Smash Ace
Well will definitely be at the tournament if I can get a ride. My parent are iffy about my riding 45min out of town to play SSBB. Hopefully my friend can give me a ride.

Goldenadept

Smash Lord
there needs to be more golden sun love in this thread, forget the "has been" series that is FF, it died when square merged with enix XD

I will agree with golden sun talk, however, I wish you to not point out particular events in Dark Dawn as I am still playing that game. School and other things have kept me busy from playing for very long.

xDD-Master

Smash Champion

I think you pulled a second nade right after you threw the first one, which blew you up but not the MK.
I'm not sure...

it looks like MK destroys my thrown nade.

But MK is getting 15%, so it could be Throw Damage + Nade Damage (Not sure how much the throw damage is). But when I play it slowly it looks like it rising from 28 to 43 directly D:

Air Nade Throw (C-Stick) should make "Only" 3% if this is what happened. I know that it makes 4/5% on the ground with C-Stick :s

Goldenadept

Smash Lord
ah, i already beat it but i'm the omega golden sun fan :D played it for 15 hours straight first day i got it, took the day off :3 i waited 7 years for the game, i thought i deserved it xD

if anyone needs help i'm always here ;3

Tried FF XIV. It's bull****

I'm gonna try Golden Sun Dark Dawn. So, no spoiling please x_x

First, I'm gonna perfect Kirby's Epic Yarn then play Golden Sun. Too bad I have exams next week. Brrr.

I'm not sure...

it looks like MK destroys my thrown nade.

But MK is getting 15%, so it could be Throw Damage + Nade Damage (Not sure how much the throw damage is). But when I play it slowly it looks like it rising from 28 to 43 directly D:

Air Nade Throw (C-Stick) should make "Only" 3% if this is what happened. I know that it makes 4/5% on the ground with C-Stick :s
I agree with Yume. There are clearly three explosions on the screen. One from the first greande, another from your mortar hitting the ground, and another right after the first grenade. You blow up from holding a 2nd grenade. I cannot explain MK's 15%, but I have a theory.

Since the grenade decays when exploding other grenades and hitting people, I bet the first greande did most damage to MK, followed by you, then the grenade that you pulled. That is probably 3 attacks registered out of the 9 total slots. Which explains why the next grenade hitting you did much lower damage.

Not entirely sure about the 15%. However, it could be because either thrown exploding grenades do more damage than stationary ones, or your throw hits MK first into exploding.

ah, i already beat it but i'm the omega golden sun fan :D played it for 15 hours straight first day i got it, took the day off :3 i waited 7 years for the game, i thought i deserved it xD

if anyone needs help i'm always here ;3
I am happy with Golden Sun right now. The only complaint I have is the overworld and city/dungeon. I liked the orignal series because it was crisp, clear images. But when they have the 3D characters and they are unclear, it sort of takes away from the overall artisitic feel of the game that I liked before. However, they expand the world greatly by putting it in a 3D way. So, win some and lose some. The 3D battles I think are excellent.

Goldenadept

Smash Lord
yeah it'd be nice if the characters in cutscenes had their battle sprites :/ that'd be awesome but i dont mind the chibi/big headedness, golden sun has always been light hearted so i think it fits fairly well.
I'm sad that the decisions you make still don't matter though :/

napZzz

Smash Hero
the original series had crisp clear images?

uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh are you talkin about the same game we're talking about xeylode

Get more active SuSa. Besides, not bad I suppose for being gone for around a year.

the original series had crisp clear images?

uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh are you talkin about the same game we're talking about xeylode

I am referring to the 2D portions of the GS1&2 like in dungeons, in cities, etc. The overworld map and battles I agree were not clear.

Dark Dawn tries to do everything in 3D animation on the DS's hardware. It's a bit blockly.

Sorry to throw about some theories, but maybe you just have to stop thinking about it so much.

I really think that the more you think about losing to someone, the more it distracts you.

The other thing is to remember that some people merely might have more exposure than you do in certain things. Tearbear has been to MLG a few times, and you said you did not play for a long period of time.

I think the important thing is to accept things as they are currently. The idea that these people are better than you. It always takes a long time to get better at anything. So, for now, I suggest merely tugging along against these power ranking people and keep trying.

When I consider that I never played competitive melee in my life before coming to college, I got wrecked and have continued to get wrecked for the past 3 months I have been here. However, there is a huge improvement and I have slowly been catching up to these people who have played tournaments since '05.

I fully expect to lose every match I play, no matter who these people use, but I keep going with the full expectation that one day things will be different, I merely must keep trying working. I simply do not expect it to happen tomorrow, or even next week, but eventually it should happen.

Sorry for my rant, but I am starting to see too many posts that seem frustrated at the game, or with themselves. Espcially with people who could be potiential smashers. Too often I hear of one person who rose above their friends and everyone else stopped playing because it was too hard for them to beat this person and annoying to lose all the time. I really do not want to see people thinking like that.
=====
I'm going to go back to playing my Dark Dawn game.

SuSa

Banned via Administration
It'd be less of an issue if I actually had fun playing this game.

I have fun playing Sheik.
But I actually want to win.

Most fun I get from tourneys are from MM's. I'm probably going to stop entering and just attend for MM's.

At least until I actually get a ****ing copy of Brawl to practice on.

/wishes it wasn't too late to get into the BB:CS scene. Not even sure if SoCal has one... :s

Well, I have fun playing smash for some reason. Actually, I realized that the only reason I play with others is because I want to play something other than the CPU. When the smash game gets turned off, I realize I really have nothing else in common with anyone else I play with :p

lol Yeah, one of the largest states in the country should have a scene for just about everything.

There is one great thing about college, the huge winter recess.

18 more days until freedom!!!!

Technodeath

Smash Champion
Sorry for my rant, but I am starting to see too many posts that seem frustrated at the game, or with themselves. Espcially with people who could be potiential smashers. Too often I hear of one person who rose above their friends and everyone else stopped playing because it was too hard for them to beat this person and annoying to lose all the time. I really do not want to see people thinking like that.
=====
You should come and meet my friends. :awesome:

They all have the same attitudes since I beat them all the time :awesome:

SuSa

Banned via Administration
It's not so much the losing that gets to me.

As it is that this game is just a pile of crap.

And every SoCal Melee tourney is rigged. The Top3 are Top3 before the tournament has even been decided to be hosted.

Fino

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
It'd be less of an issue if I actually had fun playing this game.

I have fun playing Sheik.
But I actually want to win.
Then you should play Sheik...
without fun, you can't do really well...
And sheik isn't that bad at all, she just needs more training/experience than many of the other characters (Well, but still every character needs a lot of training, even MK somehow... at least to be good against top players, I dunno about noob level, maybe not that much xD)

False

Smash Lord
NNID
Falsified
I hope you guys aren't maining Snake just because he's high tier, lol. The day Brawl came out I looked at Snake and I was like "yes."

SuSa man if you like Sheik then by all means play with him and evolve his meta game like youve been doing with Snake.

etecoon

Smash Hero
I was HYPED for snake when I saw the first brawl trailer, I think pretty much everyone was

that being said there's nothing wrong with using a character because they're good. it wouldn't make sense to do so with snake when MK and diddy are so much better and easier, but there's nothing wrong with it.

speaking of diddy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l6OejhNp9F4

easy naner lock, this also works on snake. we officially lose to diddy now?

watching this actually makes me want to throw up, no hyperbole

edit: apparently this works on everyone but luigi, god this game is ****ing stupid

etecoon

Smash Hero
noooo

diddy is so homo uggh

really though I hope this turns out even more broken than I think, maybe we can ban him and MK as a package -_-

I'm eating

GARLIC BREAD PIZZA, you can tell just by looking at it that you're taking years off your life by eating it, but it's sooo worth it :/

this is how bored I am on saturdays now that I quit going to tourneys <_<

Top Bottom